A roleplay by me: The Defective Doll.
Technically, a remake of the original.

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

Our story starts in a quiet town. Sort of. The home town of a few adolescents. They grew up here together, they mingled, they fell in and out of love (not necessarily within the group at all.) But our story doesn't end here. High school ends. They grow up, they move on, they move away. The group falls apart for quite a few years.

They're adults (somewhat) now. It is late September when each of them receive a letter. It was time for them to reunite. Nobody really knows the reason, but the handwriting is that of Kailee, the oldest of the group. She has rented out an mansion in a far side of the state. She never really states a specific reason for it, but she has never really led them wrong before. The group is supposed to meet there, and she has ownership of the estate for a few weeks. Some take it as a chance for a vacation, others as an opportunity to travel.

But they all have secrets. It has been roughly three years since they have seen each other. They have their own lives, some more somber and dark than other's. None the less, none of them have shared. They all carry their own burdens. Once a group full of love, affection, and general foolishness, now has a heavy weight hung over their heads. Their secret is tucked away, even their loved ones don't know. What they don't know won't hurt them, right?

Wrong.

Upon arrival, they see this beautiful, albeit old building. It is gated in, with a large yard full of statues and wilted floral. The building is four stories, counting the attic and basement, though the large basement is strictly off limits. Kailee hasn't been given a specific reasoning for why, but has decided to let it go. The mansion is placed off of a long path that leads out of a thickly wooded area. Civilization is quite a few miles away, and the closest town is very small and run down. Electricity works, but is spotty, and there is no cell phone or internet reception.

They are isolated. Aside from each other, they have nobody to turn to.

Everything starts off pretty average. Typical reunion. Everyone gets settled in their rooms. Some partner up with each other to save space. Others room alone. It all seems so serene, even if it is a bit isolated and just the bit creepy at night.

Then it begins. It starts as small noises in the dark, seeing things out of the corner of your eye. Could it be? No, there was no way it could be. Were your buried secrets...following you? Is that the cry of a child that shouldn't be? They begin to see things that just can't be. Their secrets have bodies. Eyes that can stare at them. Voices that can haunt them.

Are they losing their minds? Can their friends see them, too? Can they explain without spilling their carefully buried secret?

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

¤ We're all big kids. We know the basic rules. No godmodding, no elaborate sex scenes, the usual. We've been at this long enough.
¤ This is a Silent Hill [ish] based roleplay. Not severely, but the concept of your secrets haunting you came from Silent Hill.
¤ That being said, we're starting subtle. If your secret is you had an abortion, it might start with smelling baby powder, to hearing a baby crying at night. We'll discuss how fast it escalates from there.
¤ To reserve, send me a PM with "Blaring Silence" as the title and a link to a sample. It doesn't have to be huge. Just enough that I know that you can type out a paragraph and not stumble over basic grammar constantly.
¤ I'm not picky on post length. At least one paragraph. Quality over quantity. I don't want a ten paragraph spiel on how your character is brushing her teeth. But I do want something decent. I can't handle tiny, weak posts every time.
¤ Please, post at least once a week, if not more. If you're leaving, let me know, so we can either move on and bring you along, or if you're going for good, so we can kill your character off.
¤ Be respectful of others. We know how to behave, children.
¤ We're starting when they get to the manor. Don't try to start in the middle of the drama.
¤ Utilize the OOC. We like drama and plotting.
¤Posting styles! At least a picture and colored/bolded for speech. It doesn't have to be elaborate, but I need at least that much.
¤ Enjoy the ride, kids.

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

Kailee May Serath
The Defective Doll
24/Veterinary Assistant/The Lover Fights

Winter May Estrem

S T A T i C H0RR0R
21/IUnknown/Life and Death

Hazinyul Katoka Tizenketto
Zephyrantha
Twenty-One/---/Angels and Demons

Ashling Rose Wellington
xxx___mad_apple___xxx
Twenty-two/Student-working at the Cheesecake Factory/ The Tortured Soul

Greyson Michael Endere
The Defective Doll
24/Musician/Regretful Rapist

Jonathan Brian Clouse
Corifish
23/Tattoo Artist/Three-Faced Pain

Davik Arian-Byw
Zephyrantha
23/Disabled/Blind Anger

[size=10][img]Image here, no bigger than 400x400 if you can help it. NO ANIME.[/img]
[color=grey]My Name Is[/color]: [color=postingcolor]First Middle Last[/color]
[color=grey]I Am This Many:[/color] [color=color2] Age, between 19-24.[/color]
[color=grey]And I Happen to Be a:[/color] [color=color3]Female/Male?[/color]
[color=grey]This is My Story:[/color] [color=postingcolor]Background. No more than six paragraphs (some people really like to write stuff out, I don't judge. But no less than two.) Keep in mind the group has all known each other from at least high school, if not before.
[color=grey]I Have Some Quirks: [/color][color=color2] Personality, tics, anything that sets your character apart. This could also be where you can add any allergies or fears.[/color]
[color=grey]And I Have a Secret...: [/color][color=color3] Your secret. Be creative. I don't want everyone's to be an abortion. Or that you cut. Give me something good and dirty. It's a chance for you to make the character that wouldn't fit anywhere else. Murder is fun. As is a lot of other dark things. It could be abuse or an eating disorder. Whatever floats your boat. [/color]
[color=grey]Did I Mention: [/color][color=posting color] Anything you've forgotten, or didn't fit anywhere else.[/color]
[color=grey]The Force Above:[/color] [color=color2] Username here, please.[/color][/size]

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

Today is

January February March April May June July August September October November December

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

The Weather is

Chilly Cold Bitter Cold Freezing Cloudy Sunny Warm Hot Muggy Dry Raining Snowing Hailing Thunderstorm Windy

And we are...?

Arriving at the manor!
In the manor, all settled and experiencing...difficulties.

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

OOC Link- Here

Profiles Go- Here!

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
User Image

RESERVED!

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

RESERVED!

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

RESERVED!

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Shipwrecked by a sea so stormy
I'm lost but I'm never lonely,
I follow my heart through it all...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxκailee ɱay ϩerath

User Image
Arrival Clothing!
October. It was a strange time. A time between getting ready for the winter and fighting about costumes. At least, for some people it was. Right now, it was a time for Kailee to pull herself together. Get over everything, at least pull a smile on her face. She raised her eyebrows as she pulled into the parkway. This place was absolutely huge. She had seen it once before, when she had signed the contract with the caretakers to rent it for a few weeks.

It really was ridiculous. They had hardly charged her for what she believed would be an expensive getaway. The manor was beautiful, but had a bit of a look to it that made her uneasy. Like something was watching her as she examined the outer of the building. She parked her car just outside the entrance, gathering some of her things and shoving the bags over her shoulder. Kai had the key to the manor tucked in her pocket. She dug her hand down and snatched the bits of metal, shoving it into the lock and struggling with it for a few seconds before there was a click and the door groaned ever so slightly, giving way as she shoved at it to open it.

"Don't fight with me."
She murmured softly to the door as it finally opened up, revealing a wide staircase. To the right, two doorways. One led to the kitchen, another to the formal dining room. On her left, a grand bathroom, a sitting room, and another room that could be a library if all the books hadn't fallen apart. Up the stairs were four bedrooms, three bathrooms, and two other rooms that could be used as bedrooms, but were generally used as servant's quarters back in the day. None the less, each was equipped with huge beds, their own closets, and enough room for even multiple people to be comfortable.

None the less, for the price, it was a gorgeous view, inside and out. Kai hummed softly to herself as she jogged up the staircase, and dumped her bags into one of the main bedrooms. It was the red room. The walls were a faded gold color, with red velvet curtains, and a huge canopy bed. It was covered in scarlet colored silk blankets and had tassels hanging everywhere. Over dramatic, huge, and beautiful. It was connected to a second bedroom via the bathroom, which was bigger than most people's kitchens. She admired it briefly, checking out some of the major points, like the round windows and the various mirrors scattered around the room. It was quite gorgeous.

"Welcome home!"
She called out to noone. For someone who had killed a man, she was at peace. Kailee ran around the bedroom, sort of claiming it as her own and unpacking some of her stuff, mainly her toiletries and her bathrobe should she catch a shower before everyone arrived. Not likely. She wasn't sure who was coming when, and if all of them would make it, but she tried her best to connect with her old friends once more. After getting married, she had cut off from them. It wasn't on purpose, but her life got so busy, going to school, trying to deal with her husband...she just wasn't as accessible as she used to be. Kailee hoped they could forgive her. She was supposed to be their friend. The one anyone could fall back on. And she had failed them, in a way. The thoughts caused her to frown deeply, running her fingers nervously through her ginger curls.

Why did her thoughts keep crashing back to him? Her husband was a loser and had decided his fate the moment he raised his hand to her. Kailee shook her head, pacing the grand bedroom that she had to herself. She examined the little details, deciding that even as beautiful as this place was, it was far too quiet. Her hands slid to her pockets, finding her mp3 player in her cardigan. She slid her earbuds in and turned up the volume, pacing the bedroom and singing to whatever came through the shuffle function. Kailee's small and rarely shown off talent was her singing. It was strong and she could carry just about any tune, but she was shy about it because she always cracked on the high notes. Her current song echoed through the manor as she sang to herself.

Dapper Dabbler

User Image.:~If [S E E I N G] is believing then I don't believe in [you]~:.

Why was he even here? He didn't care about these people anymore. He didn't want to go somewhere he'd have to act... friendly... and as though nothing had ever happened. He wanted to go to a bar, drink himself into oblivion, and wake up in a gutter somewhere. Yeah, that sounded nice. But, he was here now, with a small suitcase in one hand and Cwn Annwn's harness in the other. His uncle, who'd given him a ride, had already left - so he was stuck here, no matter what he wanted. Davik listened to the sounds of a lonely old house for a while and then sighed and shook the harness to get his dog's attention. "Inside, you mutt." He felt her tail impact the backs of his knees and then she pulled him forward, not so quickly that he couldn't keep up.

He fumbled for the door handle and pushed at the door. It stuck something fierce and wouldn't budge. After a moment, he resorted to kicking it open. Once it closed behind him, Davik could hear a familiar voice. Kailee. Hearing her voice felt like a punch to the gut; it was a reminder that he would never, ever see her face, any face, ever again. Because he was blind now. His mouth tasted sour, but he turned toward where he thought the singing was coming from. Annwn padded obligingly next to him, just a step in front, and the changes he felt come through her harness let him know about things like the flight of stairs that he hadn't been expecting. He paused, uncertain, but then shook the harness reluctantly and said, "Up the stairs, Annwn." She took him up, that singing growing ever louder. Who could enjoy crap music like that? Any longer and his ears were going to start bleeding. Davik's toe caught on a tread. Though he managed to keep himself from tumbling all the way down the stairs, the crash of his ungainly arrival removed any chance that he hadn't yet been heard. The noise echoed through the house and died away, as did his subsequent swearing. Cwn Annwn licked his hand, but he jerked away from her. He hated the feeling of her cold, slimy nose and her disgustingly wet tongue. Why anyone would ever like dogs was well beyond him.

Finishing the flight of stairs was like walking through treacle. He didn't want to do this. What was the point? It wasn't like they were still going to be friends. He didn't have friends anymore. But then it was too late to turn around because he was on the landing and Annwn, excited to see new people, was tugging him insistently forward. Was there anyone even on the landing? Or was he going to be talking to an empty corridor? "Long time no -" Davik started to say, but cut himself off abruptly, scowling. Instead, he released Annwn's harness and listened to her heavy footsteps as she sprang away to make a new friend. She was such a stupid dog. Someday he was going to sell her to the highest bidder (and make 50p, if he was lucky) and make do on his own. If that meant he inadvertently walked into oncoming traffic, well, that's life for you. Life sucks and then you die.

"Annwn," he snapped, "Come here. Come here now, you idiotic dog." Annwn returned to his side and he snatched at her harness, missed, had to run his hand down her back, found it, picked it up. She was still antsy, hating to be so far separated, but at least this time she'd listened.

You can whine until your mouth dries up
You can shake your head and wonder why
You can die or you can stand upright
And never go down again.

.:~Davik [A R I A N -- Byw ]~:.xxxxxxx
User Imagexxxxxx

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

User Image
Arrival Clothing!
It was quite a shock when she heard someone lumbering up the stairs. Why was it a shock? Kailee paused, then slid off her earbuds, going quiet. She was soon enough greeted by a gorgeous lab. "Oh, hello beautiful!" She knelt down to pet and stroke the animal, before there was a quite irritated, accented voice that followed and called her back. That voice had to be...yep. Davik. Kai stood up slowly, looking him up and down. Physically, not a lot had changed since high school. He greeted her...or...well...partially greeted her. He seemed angry about something. What could have possibly pissed him off? Kailee was thinking of the Davik she knew in high school. Sweet, generally not a huge temper, and good to be around. But there was something off. He wasn't quite looking at her, and the dog was on quite the harness. This didn't quite process right away, and she rushed him, wrapping her arms around her old friend in a tight hug.

"Davik!"
She greeted, looking up at him as she squeezed him, before letting go and backing up, clasping her hands together. "I'm so glad you could make it. You're the first one here...aside me...but still. How was the drive?" She ate her words almost as soon as she said them, sort of starting to see the situation now. Was he blind? Kai peered at him carefully, mostly looking at his face. The fact that he wasn't quite focusing on her gave it away. What happened to him? Was it rude to ask? It was totally rude to ask. She paused, uncomfortable for a short moment, before jumping right back into her string of chatter.

"Just means you get best pick of the rooms."
She smiled, still not accustomed to the change in Davik. His attitude seemed off. The fact that he couldn't see was outright distracting. Her facial expressions meant nothing. Her body language meant nothing. It was really awkward for her to deal with, but she would do her best, she supposed. As much as it ate away at her to ask, she kept her mouth shut about it. He was still the Davik she knew and loved...right? Of course he was. Her friends were fantastic. Going blind didn't make him any less of a person. Just like killing your husband, right? Kailee shook the thought away, cringing a little. Maybe it was better that he couldn't see the ridiculous faces she was making.

"Just know that you have to share a bathroom with someone. Six bedrooms, three bathrooms...not a bad deal, right?"
She said nervously. He seemed to be in a foul mood. Then again, she would be, too, if she had crashed into things while trying to find her friends. Maybe she should have been at the door to greet people.

TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTT

I'm beat but I can't be broken,
These scars on my heart I own them,
Dark days when my will was stolen...
I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image

Gaian

Jonathan Brian Clouse

So I'll blame it on bad luck, And I'll say a hard life did this to me
You don't even bother anymore
You cut to the bone
Pick up the phone
To hear my swan song but I'll admit I'm impressed
By your vanishing act
Place your bets on your best guess
Of when you're coming back
User Image

There was a brisk chill in the air as Jonathan made his way, quickly, up the dirt path to the manor. To most, a light coat was all that was needed, but when you are riding a bad a** like a Kawasaki ZZR1400, you needed something a little warmer than that. Jonathan was barreling down the road, reaching speeds of almost two-hundred miles per hour, before slowing down to a more modest speed of forty so he could park the bike. He pulled it between some trees, and took his helmet off, shaking his hair out. He looked up at his new home away from home. It was big, that was for sure.

Jonathan put down the kick stand, and un-straddled the bike, making sure that his backpack was still snuggly on his shoulders. He shoved his keys into his pocket, and held his helmet in one hand, gripping onto his backpack with the other free one.

“It’s a nice day, at least.” To him, who was used to Denver weather, anything was a nice day. He walked up towards the large doors, and opened it up. As he entered the manor, he heard a noise behind him; almost like a child was giggling. He jerked his head back, trying to get a look around.

“Not this…Please not right now.” He mumbled, walking in and shutting the door behind him. Jonathan looked around. Man, this place was huge. There was a grand staircase in front of him. He looked it over, and at the top of the stairs, he saw two…human bodies, and a dog… Jonathan gave a smirk, taking another step towards them.

“Honey, I’m home~” He cooed up to them. As he got closer, he saw that it was Davik and Kailee. Wow, had time changed everyone. Jonathan was pretty sure Davik had gotten a little taller, and Kailee… Well, what could he say about her? Aside from the fact that, even when they were in high school, he had a crush on her. Seeing her now after so long ignited something deep inside his heart – something he thought he forgot to feel for a long, long time.

Abandon the people who shaped who you are
Selfish and thoughtless, you drown in the dark
I hope that you realise the damage you've done
You could not see light even staring at the sun

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

User Image
Arrival Clothing!
There was more noise. Somebody coming into the house. Kailee peered past Davik to the base of the stairs, and saw Jonathan coming up to them. He greeted them, and Kailee held her hands playfully on her hips. "That's my line, asshat." She teased, then made a swift motion to grab her friend and tightly hug him. "Yay! Now I've got two of my village idiots!" She grinned, pressing her chin to his chest for a moment as she looked up at him. Kai examined his facial tattoos from that angle for a second or two, before letting him go and getting out of his bubble. She clasped her hands together in front of her excitedly, spinning around to look at the various doors that led to the other bedrooms.

"How was the trip? Both of you, I know this place is kinda out of the way and very secluded. But that means we can party longer! Or stay up scaring the pants off each other. Or just being stupid. Either way."
She shrugged her shoulders. Kailee was just a little hyped up due to the arrival of the friends she hadn't seen since her wedding. Some of them, she hadn't even seen then. Quite a few had disappeared by then. But all was well, she didn't hold a grudge. It wasn't like said marriage had gone that well, anyways. She squinted, caught off guard by the faint smell of roses coming from the open door that led to her bedroom.

Speaking of bedrooms. "Oh, right. Uh...rooms. Six rooms, three bathrooms. The red room is mine, no touchy. The bedrooms are connected by bathrooms. No creeping on whoever you share a bathroom with." She wagged her finger playfully, like she was lecturing the boys. They were all adults (sort of) and could handle acting like it. She kept trying to moderate between talking to Davik and making sure he knew she was kidding and Jonathan who could see her body language.

"So yeah, here we are...we still have a few more people to go...not sure who is coming from where. I had to be here to get the key. The caretaker is super picky about not being here after dark."
Kai raised her eyebrows, but didn't comment further.

TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTT

I'm beat but I can't be broken,
These scars on my heart I own them,
Dark days when my will was stolen...
I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items