neverhere
Staring at the sink of
blood and crushed veneer
In the morning I'll be with you, but it will be a different kind
Cut out all the ropes and let me
fall
Come on skinny love what happened here?

User Image

Winter glanced over at Davik as he attempted a hideous Cockney accent and she couldn’t help but laugh at him. ”Davik you’re the one that used to live in England and that was awful.” she teased, her grin fading slightly as she saw Kailee re-appear with a few bottles of alcohol. Winter used to be a big drinker, especially when they were underage, but now, with all her medication she wasn’t allowed to touch a drop. Hadn’t for about a year now. A year...wow. When they’d first diagnosed her they had said that she would be dead in six months, but she was still here. For now. Though the young woman couldn’t help but wonder if she was going to drop dead at any moment. But surely she would be in hospital before that happened? There were a lot of things that Winter didn’t understand about her tumour, a lot of things that she hadn’t wanted the answers to. What was the point? It wasn’t going to change anything and it would only scare her. As long as she could take care of herself outside of the hospital, she was going to avoid going in. But things were slowly becoming more difficult for her, and Winter slept. A lot.

But Kai didn’t offer round drinks, she just set them on the table and instead, Winter took a small handful of chips and happily crunched on those as she listened to the conversation between Greyson and Davik. For the first time since he had arrived, Grey seemed to relax a little, until suddenly he shifted away from her some more. A slight frown creased her forehead gently. Had she done something wrong? Did he not want to sit next to her? But then...he spoke to her completely normally, no hint that there was an issue. Winter sighed and shook her head at his question. ”It’s been good to see everyone.” she admitted before nudging Grey with her toes. ”Even you, you loser.” she flashed him a toothy grin.

Glancing at her watch, Winter saw that it was time to take her meds, which always made her sleepy. She really didn’t want to take them, didn’t want to have to take a nap. But she remembered when she had skipped them once before, and the pain had kept her in bed for days. It wasn’t worth it. ”I’m just gonna go and pick out a room.” she informed them, slowly getting to her feet and grabbing her bags from the hallway. She didn’t really notice which room she went in, just the one that was closest to the top of the staircase. Dumping her bags on the floor, she rooted around for her medication before emptying a couple of the obnoxiously large pills onto the palm of her hand and shoving them in her mouth, washing them down with a bottle of water. She knew that the effects would kick in in around ten minutes, but she didn’t want to miss anything and so Winter made her way back downstairs and settled herself on the sofa, determined to stay awake and catch up with her friends. She came back down just as Jonathan passed her. ”Cheer up, it might never happen.” she teased, squeezing past him into the lounge, where she glanced across at Greyson and debated taking the same seat she had just left. But she thought about how he kept shifting away from her and instead, settled herself in one of the armchairs closer to the fire.

User Image

Dapper Dabbler

User Image.:~If [S E E I N G] is believing then I don't believe in [you]~:.

Davik listened as someone got up and left the room. His eyes flickered back and forth as they tried to follow what his ears were telling him. Of course, he’d never know again if his eyes were pointing in the right direction because there was no way he possibly could know. Greyson accused him of being a chav. Davik went from lying down to sitting up straight so quickly that there was almost no movement in between and glared furiously at the place where he thought Grey probably was. Chav! As if! But the tension leaked out of him quickly and he settled back, now scowling but otherwise unaffected.

Since when do yanks know what a chav is?” he asked, raising one eyebrow. “Been watching East Enders, have you Grey? God, anything but that. Last thing your country needs – more crap telly.” It was one of the things he least missed about having sight – the expectation that he had seen every tiresome reality programme that someone else liked. Being blind gave him an unparalleled excuse to ignore it all and, at the same time, didn’t actually preventing him listening to programmes if he wanted to. Winter scolded him on his accent. Davik rolled his eyes. “Not from London, though, am I? Never even been to London, not more’n necessary to get to Heathrow, anyway.

It must have been Kailee who left earlier, Davik decided as she returned. Something got set on the table. From the noises that followed, he figured it was a tray of snack foods. In other words, fundamentally uninteresting. Winter got up and left. Davik paid her no more attention than he had Kailee – which was to say, he listened keenly to her retreating footsteps for no reason other than because he always did. Hers sounded strange, though. Not uneven, not faltering, not suspiciously quick, but… off. Somehow. Well, whatever. If she wanted to say something about it, that was her business.

So where’s that other lazy slacker?” he asked idly, boredom radiating from his voice. “One more person and we’ve got a party on our hands. And there was much rejoicing.” The last sentence, he recited in a flat, rote way, spinning an index finger through the air in mock celebration. Yaaay.

You can whine until your mouth dries up
You can hang your head and wonder why
You can die or you can stand upright
And never go down again.

.:~Davik [A R I A N -- Byw ]~:.xxxxxxx
User Imagexxxxxx

Dapper Dabbler

User Image
      Look at me behind the scenes.
        Look at how I pull the strings.
          Look at how they follow me:
            Control the heart, control the king.

User Image

"
        Thank you, sir! Have a nice trip back!" Hazinyul handed the cab driver a small stack of bills through the open window and then turned to tug at the handle of her suitcase. It extended so that she could wheel her suitcase up to the front door. The doorknob was slippery and, with the way her sleeve kept falling over her hand, she couldn't get a grip on it at all. Hazinyul rolled up her sleeve and tried again, this time triumphantly. But even though the handle turned, the door stuck. The small girl stamped her foot in frustration and glared at the door as if it were being deliberately difficult. Hazin turned to check whether the cab was out of sight yet. It was. Satisfied, she took half a step back and then kicked the door hard. At last, it swung open. She adjusted the collar of her sweater, which was too big and always slipped off her shoulder. One hand reached up to check on her braids as she stepped inside.

After Troy had proposed to her, and subsequently broken up with her, Hazinyul had sworn that she would stop manipulating people. She'd liked Troy, really liked him. He was sweet and he was clever, and he had liked her. She had been heartbroken when he'd broken up with her, even though it had been her idea. Not that he knew it was her idea. She'd rather feel helpless than heartbroken. Nothing could be worse than going through that again - so the manipulating had to stop. Problem was, she hadn't been able to give it up. Tone it down, yes, but she still manipulated people the same as ever. So, when Kailee had invited her to this vacation gathering thing, Hazin had double-sworn to herself, and crossed her heart for good measure, that she would never, ever try to control her friends. She hoped that would be a good enough reminder.

There were voices coming from a room down the hallway, so Hazin left her suitcase by the door and headed that way. After a few steps, she put a bright smile on her face and added enough bounce to her step to appear energetic and cheerful. That much was okay. That much wouldn't, couldn't, do any harm. She paused as she entered the room and giggled a little when she realized that she was the last one to arrive.

"
        Sorry I'm late," she said, smiling sheepishly. "My plane got delayed a little bit." She gave the room a cursory scan - Davik sprawled across a couch of his own and looking unlikely to move, Jonathan not here (maybe she wasn't last after all?), Winter in an armchair and Greyson and Kai on another couch. There were some armchairs free, but Hazin chose to cross the room (her step was so bouncy now that she was practically skipping, but she hadn't done that on purpose) and plopped down in Grey's lap, just like old times. She grinned up at him and then said to the room, "So what did I miss? And where's Jon?"

User Image

Gaian

Jonathan Brian Clouse

So I'll blame it on bad luck, And I'll say a hard life did this to me
You don't even bother anymore
You cut to the bone
Pick up the phone
To hear my swan song but I'll admit I'm impressed
By your vanishing act
Place your bets on your best guess
Of when you're coming back
User Image

Jonathan was walking around upstairs when he heard the front door open. He glanced over the railing to see Hazinyul kick the door in. Jonathan gave a light chuckle. Same old Haz as ever. He watched her enter the room where everyone else was, and gave a smile.

Jonathan walked to his room, and sat on the bed, grabbing the little bear out of his bag. He ran his hands over the material, giving a frown.

‘Aww. Big brother misses his sister?’ Eric called out sarcasticly. Jonathan clenched his free hand. ‘What’s wrong? You getting mad? Good. Get mad. Hate me, Jon.’ Jonathan stood, tossing his sister's bear on the bed.

“Shut up…Shut up… Shut up!!” Jonathan yelled, punching his head with a medium amount of force. Eric just laughed. Jonathan was dizzy; He had hit himself too hard. Jonathan clenched his head, trying to regain his balance. Jonathan looked up, and a tall figure was standing in front of him. A snicker came out of the figures mouth as he walked towards Jonathan.

“Shut the ******** up!” Jonathan yelled, running forward and trying to punch the figure in the face. All he ended up doing was punching a hole in the wall. Jonathan took deep breaths, trying to calm himself down. He sat down on the bed, rubbing his head from where he hit it. He fell back, closing his eyes.

“Go ******** yourself Eric.”

Abandon the people who shaped who you are
Selfish and thoughtless, you drown in the dark
I hope that you realise the damage you've done
You could not see light even staring at the sun

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Shipwrecked by a sea so stormy
I'm lost but I'm never lonely,
I follow my heart through it all...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxκailee ɱay ϩerath

User Image
Arrival Clothing!
Kailee let out a small sigh at the banter between the boys. Such was life in the house now, she supposed. Best get used to it. At least that much hadn't changed. She grinned a little at them, perking up her head to glance as Hazin bounded in, spewing out a greeting and her excuse for being late. Fantastic, they were a full house now. She smiled warmly at her friend, watching as she went and placed herself right on Grey's lap. Yep, they were all back to normal. Kai could relax for a few minutes and just get it out of her head that they were bound to fail. She shifted, sitting up and shoving the bag of chips back onto the table and leaning to grab her glass. "Welcome to the clown car, Hazin." Kailee grinned, clasping her hands together. "I've gathered you all...for no good reason, actually. I was just lonely and bored." She paused, made a face, then shrugged.

"Either way, glad you could make it. Glad I got to capture all of you guys in one place." Kai smiled, her eyes squinting shut for a moment or two. She was startled by the sound of someone yelling upstairs. Kailee frowned, lightly setting her glass back on the coffee table and sighing. It would seem that it was Jonathan. What was bothering him today? Should she go and bother him about it? Maybe it was best to let it be. No. Screaming at nothing wasn't normal. Well...killing your husband wasn't normal, either. She coughed a little as a waft of dirt and roses hit her. Gross, she really needed to get this place cleaned up. Kai stood up, trying to avoid the smell and nervously grinning at her friends.

"I'll be back, guys. Try not to kill each other while I'm gone? Yeah?" A loud thump from upstairs caused Kai to glance up, and she shrugged. "Old house." She murmured, though nobody would believe it for a second. "And stay out of the damn basement!" She called out, before turning on her heel and jogging up the stairs. She hesitated as she reached the door to Jonathan's room, lightly knocking and standing at the doorway, not really keen on just barging in. "Oi...are you okay in there? Sounds like something just hopped off the wall and tried to kill you." She called nervously, lightly tapping her knuckles on the doorframe.

TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTT

I'm beat but I can't be broken,
These scars on my heart I own them,
Dark days when my will was stolen...
I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Greyson
xxxxI swear to God we've been down this road before...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxThe guilt's no good, and it only shames us more...

Michael
xxxxAnd the truths that we all try to hide,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxare so much clearer when its not our lives...

Endere
xxxxxxxxxOur promising lives, are full of empty promises...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTemptation's falling and calling you home again

User ImageGrey grinned a little when Winter teased him and called him a loser. "Look whose talking." He responded playfully, sticking out his tongue at her. She went off, to choose her room, he supposed, and he relaxed a little, able to stretch out and not worry about pushing boundaries or making anyone uncomfortable. Greyson looked over at Davik again, rolling his eyes at him. "It was a joke..." He started, then laughed.

"I picked the most obnoxious sounding foreign insult I could find...and it totally worked."
Grey paused, then smirked a devious smirk, rubbing his hands together. "What kind of trouble have you getting into, eh? You seem kind of not thrilled to be here. Where is ten levels of smiles and charm? Or is that just a ploy to get the girls so I can't have them? Do you know how hard it was to date in high school with you and your damn accent!"

Greyson teased, turning and looking at his friend. It was just him trying to get Davik to loosen up. It was either talk to him, face one of the girls, or make some miserable attempt at talking to Jonathan. He looked like a ******** idiot with all those tattoos, but he wouldn't make any rude remarks. It wasn't his style. They had their shares of tension and laughs. Kind of like how Kai got weird with Hazin sometimes. It usually only seemed to be tension on Kailee's side, but Grey could always be wrong. He never was a mindreader. Speaking of Hazin...

Bam, there was a small, cute girl on his lap. Greyson's heart leapt into his throat and he felt impossibly sick. No, no, this wasn't okay, this just wasn't okay, she needed to move. What if he did something weird? Or creepy? Or freaked her out? No, she really needed to get off of him. "Woah, hey, no," he murmured, turning a violent shade of red, nervously grasping the small girl by the waist and shoving her onto the couch next to him. He tried to play it off as a playful move, grinning nervously at her. "Jonathan is upstairs, and it sounds like he's tearing the place down." He glanced as Kailee went, presumably to go see what was causing all the noise upstairs.

"Good to see you. Now everyone is here...and intact." Grey nervously tucked himself away from her on the couch, leaning heavily towards the arm of the couch. He didn't want to touch her, none the less have her on his lap, but he didn't want to seem like a weirdo. Before, he had been so laid back, and never minded any of the girls on his lap...okay...maybe Winter a little, but they had been a little different in high school. Never anything serious...but he wasn't thinking about that right now. He wasn't thinking about any sort of relationship beyond his safety zone. He didn't trust his own body anymore. Greyson crossed his legs, crossing his arms and tipping his head to look at Hazinyul properly.

"You mostly missed Kailee running around like a spaz...and...apparently we can't go in the basement."
Grey shrugged, not terribly interested either way. It was now, he finally took note that Winter hadn't resumed her position on the couch next to him, and rather, in an armchair. He frowned. He didn't mean to make her feel uncomfortable...but he was uncomfortable himself. Very uncomfortable, in fact. This is why he kept gravitating towards trying to keep conversation with Davik. As cranky as he seemed to be, he didn't pose a threat to the racing, twisted thoughts that would leak into his mind.

I'm sorry, if we've let you down....

Won't you believe in this lie with us all?

Gaian

Jonathan Brian Clouse

You cut to the bone
Pick up the phone
By your vanishing act
User Image

Jonathan heard a light knock at his door. It was Kailee. He gave a smile, his eyes still closed. It was nice of her to check on him, though it was sure it wasn’t because he was gone for a while. “Come on in Kai.” He said, sitting up on the bed. He was starting to get a large bump on the right side of his head from where he hit it.

“Sorry to worry you.” He called out. He looked over on the bed, seeing his sister’s bear. He snatched it up, and gently, but quickly, put it in his bag. He had hoped Kailee hadn’t seen it. He didn’t want to bring his sister up…. Way too many memories that were too painful to even remember.

“What’s up…?” he questioned nervously. He loved, and hated, to be alone with Kai. He had liked her, even in high school. He just… Well, he didn’t want Eric to show up.

‘How cute…’ Eric cooed, chuckling as he did.

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

User Image
Arrival Clothing!
Kailee gently pushed the door open, lightly closing it behind her as she approached him on the bed. "You keep bailing out on me." She teased, climbing up and sitting on the edge of the bed, tucking her legs under her and fidgeting with her skirt. "Don't leave me alone with the piss ant down there. I might end up snapping and killing him." Kailee smiled crookedly, but part of her seriously was terrified of the notion.

Her own temper scared the living hell out of her. Not that she really mentioned it much. Kai snapping and going awol on any of her friends wasn't a common occurrence...had it ever really happened? No. She had snapped in front of them, and tore a girl apart...but that was a long time ago and it just wasn't something she talked about. She shrugged her shoulders when he asked what was up. "Iunno. Hazin is here...all over Greyson." Kai shrugged her shoulders again, looking away towards the doorway. "You're next if you go down there." She teased, lightly pushing her hand against his shoulder.

It was then, she leaned and caught sight of the lump on his head. "Oh, jesus, Jonathan, that might be your headache right there." She frowned, her hand reaching to touch, but yanking away before she actually made contact. "What did you do? Use your head to get the door open when you came in? Get into a fight with the furniture? Don't be killing yourself on the first night. We have a lot of partying to survive before I have to take anyone to a hospital." Kailee smirked, tipping her head to the side and just sort of looking at him for a few moments.

There was a moment of silence where she shifted, laying on her stomach, as if it were completely natural, like they were back in high school, the lot of them crammed in her room, giggling and acting like idiots and pretending to do homework. Back in time it would have been her bed, and one of the girls would be crammed on it with her, with the boys scattered on her computer chair and couch. Well...depending on the year. Not everyone had joined their little group at the same time. Kai frowned, wrapping a strand of hair around her finger. "Do you need anything? I've got aspirin downstairs, and maybe some ice for that second head you're growing." She teased, raising her eyebrows.

TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTT

I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image

Gaian

Jonathan Brian Clouse

You cut to the bone
Pick up the phone
By your vanishing act
User Image

Kai had plopped on the bed, like she always would have. She then pushed his shoulder and teased him. He gave a smile, looking at her. He couldn’t help but laugh and give a nod at her explaining that Hazin was there.
“Oh I’m sure she’d be all over me.” He teased himself. He liked Hazin, sure, but Kai had always been his girl of choice, even if Grey had a stick up his a** about it half the time. Kai had then noticed the lump on his head. She reached out to touch it, but she stopped. He touched the side of his head himself, feeling for the first time just how bad he had hit himself.

“Heh. Sorry. I just sorta tripped and landed face first is all. I’ll be fine.” He said, turning his head to see the hole in the wall. Oh he ******** hoped she wouldn’t see that. He turned back to Kai before she could see the hole that, he was sure, she would make a fit about.

She mentioned ice, but Jonathan shook his head. “Nah sweet thang. All I need is you.” He gave a wink, teasing her. He was good, at least he thought he was, at hiding the fact that he liked Kai, though in the back of his mind he was sure that Grey had mentioned it to her. Hell, the two of them talked about everything anyway.

‘Smooth…’ A chuckle came from the back of his mind.

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

User Image
Arrival Clothing!
Kailee smirked, "She would, you know. You're no exception, even with your damn tattoos covering half your body. Why did you do that?" She reached and poked at his arm. "You looked fine without them, you know." Kai commented, frowning a little bit not commenting further on the situation. His choices were his choices, and she couldn't really change them now. But still. Maybe it was just the shock of everyone changing on her.

Maybe part of her wanted them all to be exactly the same. Maybe they had gotten better with age, and Kailee wasn't giving them enough of a chance. She had changed, herself, but was desperately trying to mask it. She tried to be the Kailee everyone had known in high school, to throw them off the scent that anything was wrong. So far, so good, she supposed, but getting used to everyone else being different was throwing her off. She would deal with it. Hopefully.

Kailee rolled her eyes at his explanation of the huge lump on his head, shaking her head a little. "My love, you need some bubble wrap and a helmet. But what's new?" She taunted, wagging her finger at him with a sly smirk on her face. "What would I do if you guys didn't come? Or if you all hated me? It seems Davik is quite angry...and I'm not sure why." The smirk faded into a frown, and Kai sighed, slumping down to rest her arms on the bed and her chin on her folded arms. Quite the awkward positioning.

That line. That line was absolutely atrocious. Kai stopped, paused, then started laughing. She giggled at the sheer foolishness of his words, hard enough that her stomach ached. "Oh, god, Jonathan, that was terrible. Absolutely horrible. Oh mah-god." She laughed, rolling onto her back. "You kill me." She turned, meaning to roll back to look at him, but miscalculated and fell off the bed with a thump.

"Ahh!"
She screeched, then started laughing again from her defeated position on the floor. After a moment, she popped up, peering at him from next to the bed. "Let's go, I think this room is out to get us," she murmured, glaring at the bed as if it were sentient.

I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image

Gaian

Jonathan Brian Clouse

You cut to the bone
Pick up the phone
By your vanishing act
User Image

Jonathan actually laughed out loud when Kai had fallen off the bed. It was the first time in a long time he had truly laughed at something that he honestly thought was funny. He flopped back onto his back, turning his head to look at Kai.

“What? Was my confession too much for you?” He smiled, sticking his tongue out at her. “Gee thanks Kai, nice to know how considerate you are of my feelings for you.” He laughed a bit, rubbing his eyes. He was laughing so hard that he was starting to cry. What had gotten into him? Kailee was just that kind of person to get him to open up.

Kai had mentioned that the room was out to get them, and Jonathan gave a smile, standing up, and offering her a hand to stand as well.

“Come on kid, I’m bustin you out of this joint, see.” He smiled, talking like he had just stepped out of a nineteen twenties black-and-white mob movie. He couldn’t help but laugh at himself as he said it.

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

User Image
Arrival Clothing!
Kai laughed from her spot on the floor, "Why, I'm so flattered, I don't know how to respond," she tossed in a phony southern accent, taking on the role of the flustered ditz and leaning her head back. She dropped the facade and laughed again, shaking her head. "Sweetie, you don't want this mess." Kai dropped the subject at that, taking his hand and jumping to her feet once more. She fixed her skirt again, annoyed and thoroughly wondering why she hadn't worn pants, particularly considering the lack of heat in the manor.

Either way, she supposed. There was always time to change later on. Kai started laughing again when he started with the bad old mob movie speech, shifting to stand beside him and bump him with her hip. "C'mon, loser, I've got a bunch of unattended crazies downstairs with open bottles of liquor. I don't wanna miss the show." Kai winked, then moved out of the bedroom, starting out into the hallway towards the stairs, feeling considerably better.

Maybe it could be a good time, after all. Maybe she just hadn't given them good enough of a chance. Kai jogged down the stairs, returning to the sitting room to find the rest of them still there. Kailee leant and grabbed her glass, glanced at Hazin, and a seemingly flustered Grey on the couch, and laughed. "What's the matter, Grey, you're turning fifty shades of red over there." She teased. Oh god. Worst pun ever. But it was true. Kailee scanned the room, then went and plopped onto a small loveseat positioned off center to the rest of the furniture.

I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image

Gaian

Jonathan Brian Clouse

You cut to the bone
Pick up the phone
By your vanishing act
User Image

Jon couldn’t help but laugh and follow Kailee out and down where the rest of the group was. He gave a smile as he followed behind Kai, looking over at Grey at her bad, bad pun.

“And you call my jokes lame, Kai.” Jonathan called out as she was sitting down. He smiled, and turned to Grey. He could tell he was uncomfortable at the moment.

“Yo, Grey. Come chat with me for a bit. I wanna play catch up with you.” Jonathan said, meaning what he said. Sure, in high school, him and Grey didn’t quite see eye to eye, but then again, neither did him and Davik. He wondered if it had anything to do with Jon liking Kailee. He was sure of it, to be honest.

“Come on man. We can go sit outside, or some s**t.” He said, turning on his heel and walking towards the big front doors. With how uncomfortable he looked at the moment, Jonathan was almost positive that Grey would follow behind him.

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Greyson
xxxxI swear to God we've been down this road before...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxThe guilt's no good, and it only shames us more...

Michael
xxxxAnd the truths that we all try to hide,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxare so much clearer when its not our lives...

Endere
xxxxxxxxxOur promising lives, are full of empty promises...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTemptation's falling and calling you home again

User ImageHe needed to calm down. It was just his friends, people that loved him and didn't care if he acted like a spaz. But still, for their sake, he needed to get back to normal and just be himself. In high school, it was no worries, it was just him being foolish. Grey leaned back, running his fingers through his hair and casually glancing at the others in the room. He was quiet for a few moments, listening to a thump from upstairs. He tensed, then heard the faint sounds of laughter. All was well. Someone had made a fool of themselves, but it seemed that there were no broken bones or hearts. Not yet, anyways. Maybe the whole situation had made Greyson paranoid. He pursed his lips. His senses were on a bit of a high, catching things that normally he wouldn't noticed. Grey was the type of person who was so laid back, that his girlfriend could go from brunette to blonde, and he would just shrug.

But today, he was having a hard time doing anything but focusing on his surroundings. He leaned forward and made a small noise to try and coax the huge dog over to him. He hadn't really commented on Davik's dog. Or the weird way he didn't quite look at people. Blind. It was odd to think about, you never thought it would be one of your friends to lose a sense or a limb or anything of that sort. But life goes on, and as they all always had, they moved on. Everyone seemed mildly okay. Well...Davik was blind, Jonathan had way too many tattoos, Winter seemed just too tired for jetlag alone, Kai was running off her record, and Hazin...well...she was Hazin, always terribly hard to read if you tried to get past her sweet demeanor. Maybe it was better that way.

He looked over as Kai entered and made some bad joke about him, and sighed. "Don't get me started, girl." Grey responded with a nervous laugh. He really needed to relax. It was Kailee. Practically his sister at this point, growing up next to one another. Of all people. He was jarred out of his thoughts when Jonathan asked him to talk alone. Greyson frowned, but shrugged and got up. "Fine, I'll grace your presence," he responded lazily, and turned to grin at the others. "Davik, don't kill them while I'm gone..." He teased lightly, then chased after Jonathan, catching up with him towards the front door.

"Alright, what do you want."
His tone shifted, mostly because Grey and Jonathan weren't exactly super buddy-buddy. He was totally okay with him, but it wasn't the 'sit and have a beer together' sort of friendship. Mostly he was decent with Jonathan because of their related friends. It happened in a group like this, nobody was to really be blamed.
I'm sorry, if we've let you down....

Won't you believe in this lie with us all?

Gaian

Jonathan Brian Clouse

You cut to the bone
Pick up the phone
By your vanishing act
User Image

Jonathan walked out the door, holding it open for Grey. Once they were alone, Grey turned into the person he remembered. Not all that nice to him anymore now that no one was watching him. He patted his pockets, and pulled out his smokes. He pulled one out, and then offered one to Grey. He couldn’t remember off the top of his head if he smoked.

“So cold man. I just wanted to talk alone was all.” He said, lighting his smoke up. He leaned up against the house, and looked at Grey as he took a long drag of his cigarette.

“Just questions mostly. Take a chill pill for one. Davik already has something shoved up his a**. We don’t need you to get something stuck up yours too.” He gave a chuckle. Grey and Kai could act like brother and sister as much as they wanted, but it Jonathan’s eyes, Grey could be one cold hearted son of a b***h.

“Mostly just wondering what you’ve been up to. Davik doesn’t seem to be in the mood to chat, and, besides Kailee being her same old same old, everyone else seems like they have all got something on the brain besides this meeting.” Jonathan shrugged, taking a deep inhale and then blowing the smoke away from Grey.

“Also wanted to know if you ever heard about Anna… You never did show up that day.” He was talking about the funeral. Kailee and Grey were the only ones he invited out of the group. Kai had showed, but Grey hadn’t. It had pissed Jonathan off all these years.

“You were like a second older brother to her, man.” Jon whispered off to the side.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items