Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

User Image
      Look at me behind the scenes.
        Look at how I pull the strings.
          Look at how they follow me:
            Control the heart, control the king.

User Image

Hazinyul had retreated to her room. Grey, at least, had forgiven her, or so it seemed anyway. She didn't know about the others. Things had broken up too quickly and she'd felt so shy about bringing it up with anyone, in case they were angry at her or else thought she was only concerned about herself. Well, she was pretty concerned about herself, she had to admit - but that didn't mean she wasn't concerned about anyone else. Instead of trying to force it, she'd gone to her room and had spent the last few hours messing around on her phone. She didn't really like it, huddled all alone and pretending to be amused by a screen smaller than her hand. She'd rather be with her friends, sitting and watching a movie, laughing together and throwing popcorn at the screen... except that no one trusted her anymore. They said they did, but probably just to make her feel better. They would never trust her again.

After a while, she got up and went to the kitchen for a bottle of water and a snack. She found an apple in the fridge - that would do nicely. On her way back up the stairs, Grey came thundering across the landing and hurtled past her. "
        Grey!" she gasped, pressing herself to the wall to avoid him. He was covered in blood! What had happened?! Had they gotten in? They had gotten Grey - he was going to die! She bolted after him, jumping down the last five stairs and landing with a crash. By some miracle, she was balanced enough to keep right on running, even if her first couple steps were awkward and clumsy. A door slammed shut in front of her. She tried to stop, but her sock feet had no traction and she skidded into the door anyway. Hazin looked at her full hands, made a noise of frustration, and shoved the apple into her mouth so that she had a free hand to pound against it. She spat the apple back out. "Grey, what's wrong? What happened?" she shouted through the wood, pulling hard on the doorknob. It was locked. She could probably break it down, if she absolutely had to, but that was a last resort. Battering herself to pieces wasn't going to do anyone any good.

She looked around for any inconspicuous movements. She listened for anything unusual which might indicate a lurking assassin, but she couldn't hear or see anything. The sun had gone down, not that it had been much good with the clouds in the way, and everything was dark now. Everyone had been upstairs, so no one had turned on the lights down here. She was disoriented by the darkness and already frightened about Grey, so she couldn't count on early warning - these conditions were perfect to use against her. She pressed her back to the solid door and kept watching. They weren't going to catch her unaware.

User Image

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Greyson
xxxxI swear to God we've been down this road before...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxThe guilt's no good, and it only shames us more...

Michael
xxxxAnd the truths that we all try to hide,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxare so much clearer when its not our lives...

Endere
xxxxxxxxxOur promising lives, are full of empty promises...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTemptation's falling and calling you home again

User ImageSomebody was out there. Greyson went rigid, listening carefully. He was waiting for the girl to appear. Or his friends, in a group, telling him that they knew he was a b*****d. He closed his eyes, waiting for it to start. The blood was drying onh his shirt, a constant reminder that it wasn't okay, and nothing ever would be again. He hung his head, sighing as he heard someone call his name. His listened for a minute, then looked down as the person tried the doorknob. It was Hazin, wasn't it? He had given her quite a fright. She'd probably seen him all decked out in horror style garb, and panicked. Greyson paused, then sighed, turning slowly to unlock the door and step back to allow her in. He had given her one hell of a scare, hadn't he? Grey knew if he saw someone looking like he did, he would panic, too.

"Before you freak, it's okay."
He held up his hands defensively, offering her the weakest grin. "This isn't my blood, and everyone is alive and intact. It looks a lot worse than it is. Everything's okay." She didn't have to believe him, and he probably wouldn't listen to a word of it if he was in her shoes, but he had to try. Running around upsetting his friends wasn't the right way to approach this. They would just get suspicious. He paused there for a moment or two, before moving forward and offering his hand.

"Come on, touch. I'm fine. I look gross, but everything is okay."
He paused, trying to come up with an explanation. "You know how some wounds bleed super bad even though they're super shallow?" He paused, shrugging his shoulders. "Winter cut her ear, and I tried to help, and then I smacked my head and there was just blood everywhere. Nothing severe. It's all good." Why was he lying to Hazin? She deserved to know the truth. But with Winter's stubborness, he wasn't sure it was appropriate to tell everyone how sick she was.

How did it come to this? Lying to the people he was supposed to be friends with?

I'm sorry, if we've let you down....

Won't you believe in this lie with us all?

Dapper Dabbler

User Image

User Image

Behind her, the lock on the door clicked. Hazinyul whirled, pushed the door open, slid inside, and shut it again all in one movement. She locked the door - it would slow them down, at least - and leaned against it. Then she got her first good look at Grey and her eyes went very wide. "
        You're covered in blood," she said, as if he hadn't noticed. She couldn't tear her eyes away. It was horrible. He was dying, he had to be. Hazinyul was shivering, imagining all of the horrible things that could have happened. He held up his hands and smiled a little, assuring her that it wasn't his blood.

"
        Whose, then?" she demanded, hardly reassured. Someone was badly hurt! One of her friends was dying and she wasn't doing anything about it! He stepped forward, saying again that he was fine. Winter had hurt her ear and bled on him, and then he'd hit his head and bled some more. She looked at his head, but she couldn't see any cuts. Shouldn't he have blood in his hair? But he sounded confident and Hazinyul wanted desperately to be reassured. He'd smacked his head - that was all. There was nothing serious. After a few seconds, Hazin very nearly believed it. She nodded shakily and then threw herself forward, flinging her arms around him and holding on tight. She was going to get blood all over her sweater, but she didn't care.

"
        I thought you were dying," she hiccuped. "I thought they'd got you and you were gonna die and then they would go after everyone else!" If she were a normal girl, Hazinyul wouldn't have hesitated about breaking down in tears. If she was the girl she pretended to be, she would have started crying when he'd run past her on the stairs. But she wasn't either of those things, and she didn't remember the last time she had cried for real. Instead she held him tighter and tried to rest her cheek somewhere on his shirt that wasn't covered in blood.

User Image

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Greyson
xxxxI swear to God we've been down this road before...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxThe guilt's no good, and it only shames us more...

Michael
xxxxAnd the truths that we all try to hide,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxare so much clearer when its not our lives...

Endere
xxxxxxxxxOur promising lives, are full of empty promises...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTemptation's falling and calling you home again

User ImageGreyson blinked a couple times, hesitant as she hugged him. He relaxed though, wrapping his arms around her. His pretense of being afraid to touch his friends had dropped somewhat as he slowly got used to them. He wasn't a total monster. He could control himself. Of course he could. He frowned as she started to cry that she thought he was dying. Grey laughed a little, though the prospect was actually very daunting. "Everything's fine, okay? I didn't mean to scare you. I guess I was just in such a headrush I didn't realize that wandering around this place looking like a bad horror movie set was a bad idea." He hesitated, looking down at her. He was getting blood all over the place, all on her pastel colors. Soft and hard mixed and reminded him that he ruined everything he touched. Grey flinched, images of the girl still in his head. Was she still upstairs? He couldn't go check. If she was still there, she had spoken. If she had told them, he was ruined.

Instead of mentioning it, he reached and gently stroked Hazin's hair. "Nobody is gonna get us. Especially not me, okay? I'll kick their a**." He half teased. Grey knew he was no match for anyone who came into that manor, particularly if Jonathan could beat him down. But he couldn't just leave her upset and scared. That wasn't right. She didn't deserve that. She didn't deserve any of this.

None of them did. He needed to figure out a way out. "What can I do?" He pulled away, holding her at arm's length and looking at her intently. "There's gotta be something. Something so you can relax a little. It's not fair that you're running around here scared." He smiled weakly at her. "This old manor is pretty creepy on its own without outside forces making it worse, eh?"

I'm sorry, if we've let you down....

Won't you believe in this lie with us all?

Dapper Dabbler

User Image

User Image

Grey hugged her back. That surprised her a little. She hadn't expected him to even let her get this close. He'd been so touch-shy lately - but he was hugging her now and she was unspeakably glad. She'd needed a hug for days. He promised again that he was fine, just disoriented, and hadn't considered how bad it would look if he ran around in a bloody shirt. Hazin giggled reluctantly. He stroked her hair and promised that he could take anyone who came after him. She doubted that, doubted it very much, but didn't say anything. She wanted him to be telling the truth. She really, really wanted to believe him.

Grey pushed away from him and asked what he could do. "
        What do you mean?" she asked, frowning at him. He still had his hands on her shoulders, so he wasn't just not hugging her because he didn't want her near him again. He clarified that he wanted her to feel safe. She blinked twice and then grinned gratefully at him.

"
        You don't need to do anything but stay safe," she said. "I'm not scared of the manor. I'm... I'm a lot tougher than I look, I promise. What scares me is that you, all of you, could get hurt because of me." Hazin reached up and lay her hands over his, twining their fingers together. She was so... relieved that he was alright, that he wasn't seriously hurt. No one was dead and they hadn't gotten in yet, so hopefully no one would be dead any time soon. "Is Winter okay? Her ear stopped bleeding?"

User Image

Gaian

Jonathan Brian Clouse

So I'll blame it on bad luck, And I'll say a hard life did this to me
You don't even bother anymore
You cut to the bone
Pick up the phone
To hear my swan song but I'll admit I'm impressed
By your vanishing act
Place your bets on your best guess
Of when you're coming back
User Image

Kailee spoke all this stuff about how Jonathan was supposed to stay quiet, and let her take care of things. She was always headstrong like that – always wanted to make others feel safe. Now it was Jonathan’s turn. He was about to open his mouth and say that he could take down anyone if it meant defending Kailee, but she surprised him by kissing HIM first.

His cheeks flushed as he stared at her. He stood as well, following her standing. Jonathan gave Kailee a smile, pulling her in for a hug. He kissed the top of her head. “No matter what you say Kai, I’ll always love you. You’re gonna just have to deal with it.” He chuckled a little, giving her a warm smile.

’How cute you two are…’ Eric cooed out. Jonathan’s gaze lifted from Kailee to behind her. Eric was glaring at him, with his arms crossed. ’It makes me sick, Jon.’ Jonathan blinked. That was the first time that Eric had actually called him by his name. It was normally s**t head or something of the like.

Eric moved closer to Kailee’s back, and Jonathan wanted nothing more than to pull her away from him, but Jonathan just squeezed her closer to him, hoping that Eric wouldn’t come closer. He was wrong. Eric moved and reached out to Kailee, his hand dissolving into her back. Jonathan was shocked. He looked at Kailee, wondering if she could feel what was happening to her. Jonathan’s attention quickly moved back to Eric as he chuckled even more, almost laughing like a mad man. Jon watched in horror as Eric’s whole arm was inside Kailee’s back, doing god knows what to her, if even doing anything at all. Eric shouldn’t be able to do any harm to anyone else, just as long as he didn’t take control.

’Oh what was that? You don’t want me to take over..?’ Eric laughed a little harder, fazing through Kailee, and grabbing Jonathan by the neck, squeezing it and pulling the two of them apart. Jonathan gasped for air as Eric dragged his body away from Kailee’s, moving him back into the bathroom. Jon watched in horror at Kailee. He waved his arms as his vision blurred, trying to tell her not to come near him.

“E-Eric… Stop…” Jon said between gasps, but it was too late. With a slam the bathroom door between their rooms shut, and in turn, Jonathan’s bathroom door shut too. Both sides locked as Eric crept into Jonathan’s body.

Abandon the people who shaped who you are
Selfish and thoughtless, you drown in the dark
I hope that you realise the damage you've done
You could not see light even staring at the sun

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Shipwrecked by a sea so stormy
I'm lost but I'm never lonely,
I follow my heart through it all...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxκailee ɱay ϩerath

User Image
Out of the Rain
He was hopeless. Kailee was silent as he insisted that he would always love her. No, she was that type of person who ruined the ones she loved. She made men into monsters, then destroyed them. She killed people. She hurt people. Why wouldn't he see that? She had put them all into a state of danger without even so much as mentioning it. She frowned as Jon's grip on her tightened, as if something was bothering him. She didn't have time to turn, and he gripped her harder, causing her to squirm a little. But as soon as she moved, he recoiled, and started to choke, and practically dragged himself across the room. That didn't make sense. He couldn't have done that. His feet barely even touched the floor. Maybe she was just seeing things. He croaked something out...a name that she barely caught as he sunk into the bathroom.

Suddenly, with two loud bangs, the bathroom doors connecting their bedrooms shut, leaving her alone in her bedroom. Kailee stared for a few seconds, shocked, before realizing what was going on. "Jonathan!" She yelled, and ran towards the door, slamming her fists against it. "What the hell are you doing?! Come out of there!" That didn't make any sense. Suddenly, it was like something evil had joined them. She thought of the puppet strings again, flinched, and brushed it away. No. It was probably just something else. It was going to be okay. She struggled with the doorknob, trying to force the door open. Nothing.

"Jon! Open up!"
She called desperately. banging her hands against the door again. "This isn't the time to get whacky on me!"

TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT T TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT T TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT XT TEXT T TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT XT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT T TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT T TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT

I'm beat but I can't be broken,
These scars on my heart I own them,
Dark days when my will was stolen...
I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image

Gaian

Jonathan Brian Clouse

You cut to the bone
Pick up the phone
By your vanishing act
User Image

“STAY BACK!” Jonathan yelled, losing control of his arms and legs as Eric took over. He wouldn’t go down without a fight. Not this time. He would fight Eric tooth and claw to keep him out. Jonathan would fight to keep Kailee safe.

“Stay away from me, Kailee. I’ll be fine. Eric can’t hurt me as long as it’s just me and him.” He started to cough, blood dripping out of his mouth. Jonathan touched his lips, looking at his fingers with blood on them. His hands were shaking; he had switched too many times in the past few days, something that had only happened once in the past. He ended up having to be hospitalized for a week. Jonathan shook his head, wiping the blood off his fingers.

“Don’t trust him! Don’t listen to anything Eric says!” Jonathan said, using his last breath to tell her not to believe Eric. Eric was consuming him, inside and out.

“Leave me alone, Eric!” Jonathan yelled, trying to turn and crawl to his side of the bathroom door, reaching out for it as he slipped and fell into the darkness of his mind.

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

User Image
Out of the Rain
She was so confused. Kailee stopped, her hands shaking as she pressed them to the door, her ear up against it. Jonathan was trying to tell her to go, to not listen to...Eric? Who the hell was Eric? And why was he trying to hurt him?! Kailee wasn't going to have it. Not here, not now. Absolutely not. She growled and slammed her arm against the door, recoiling in pain and shaking her head. Brute force wasn't her thing. She needed to get in there. But Jonathan told her to stay back, that he was okay if it was just the two of them. "No! Jonathan!" She called out, her palms slapping against the heavy wood door. "I can't just leave you there!" She paused, considering the fact that there was possibly someone else in there. Someone that could hurt her friend. "If you ******** touch him I will kill you! Leave him alone!"

Like arguing with something wasn't there was going to work. She couldn't just leave him in the bathroom like that. Kailee was stuck there for a few moments, before she realized what she could do. Kai turned and stared to go through her belongings, producing the set of keys the caretaker had loaned her. Keys to the manor, to the bathrooms...everything. She fought with the keyring, trying each and every key, before forcing one into the keyhole. It clicked, like it was supposed to, but the moment she pushed the door, something pushed back. It was like someone was pressed against the door, preventing her from getting to him.

"To hell with you!"
She yelled through the door. "Come out and face me!" What the hell was she doing? A wreck, makeup all over her face, bruises all over her arms, and ready to fight something that may or may not be there? Or worse, might just be Jonathan losing his mind? She was ready for it.

TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT T TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT T TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT XT TEXT T TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT XT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT T TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT T TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT

I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image

Gaian

Jonathan Brian Clouse

You cut to the bone
Pick up the phone
By your vanishing act
User Image

And without a second thought, the door to the bathroom opened, Jonathan up on his feet and fine. There was no blood, there were no bruises. There was no other person. Just… Jonathan. Right?

Wrong Dead wrong.

Eric was in control again. A smile crossed his lips as he took a step towards Kai. He chuckled that dark chuckle that he was sure would send chills down Kailee’s spine. “Long time no see, Kai.” He said with a laugh. He stood proud and tall, towering over her. Eric wanted her to feel small to him – to submit. To say he was right, and that she would listen to him.

He would break her mind.

Eric reached out to Kailee, not touching her yet, just beckoning her to come to him. “If you’re a good girl, I won’t have to punish you again.” He smiled, looking her over. Seeing bruises on her made him chuckle in pleasure.

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

User Image
Out of the Rain
Suddenly, the door swung open. Kailee backed up to give him some space, watching as Jonathan moved towards her again. Only, this time, he was...wrong again. Not again. Of course, she recoiled, wrapping her arms around herself as he laughed. Voice was wrong. Words were wrong. He stood over her, looming over her like some sort of god. Though, he was more of a demon than anything. She stiffened as he reached out to her, threatening to punish her. These words, these horrible, sadistic words, sent her into a violent mindset. Kailee jumped back, green eyes lit up with anger and adrenaline. "Don't touch me! Touch me and I'll rip your goddamn hand off! Give Jonathan back!" She growled at him, backing herself into the bed. She crawled backward onto it, not the best option but it kept her facing him. She inched back, then scrambled to her feet, trying to creep towards the door.

No. She couldn't run. Kailee stopped, her feet planted firmly on the floor and her hands pulled into defiant fists. She wasn't going anywhere. If he wanted to play, she was going to play. She had it planted in her head that all this was her husband's doing, some sick ploy to drag her back to hell. "You don't scare me," she hissed, her voice lowering to a dangerous tone. It was not a good place to be. Kailee rarely got this angry, the last time she had, she had smothered her husband to death. The time before that, she ripped that girl's hair out and nearly scalped her. Kailee had sought a lot of therapy and anger management, but this was an entirely different thing. He was threatening her. He was threatening everything she loved. And he was using the face of someone she loved to do it.

She wasn't intimidating to the naked eye, but her ferocity was to be watched out for.

I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image

Gaian

Jonathan Brian Clouse

You cut to the bone
Pick up the phone
By your vanishing act
User Image

“Oh but you are mistaken Kai.” Eric cooed, watching her scramble all over the room, his eyes setting on her as she took a stance against him. He laughed, stepping forward towards her, his arms open wide. “I still am Jonathan. There is no giving back when there is nothing TO give back.” He laughed again, inching closer and closer.

“This is the first time we’ve actually had a talk. Why don’t you come closer? We can have a heart to heart, like you and Jon did a moment ago.” He laughed, trying his hardest to keep his composure as he talked. Jonathan was nothing more than a tool to him, and Eric was going to use his tool to its full advantage as he talked to Kailee.

“Come now, don’t you want to know all the things Jon won’t say to you? I’m sure it’s killing you on the inside. I can tell you, you know? All of Jonathan’s dirty little secrets. Even some he has no idea about. Aren’t you interested?”

As he talked, Eric had managed to inch his way to about a ten foot space between the two of them. He smirked, putting his hands above his head, almost like he was toying with her. “I’ll even play nice as we talk.” Was he telling the truth? Maybe a half truth, if that.

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

User Image
Out of the Rain
Kailee stared at him, her eyes glistening with danger and determination. She would tear him apart. She'd taken down a man twice his size and wouldn't hesitate to do it again. But then, the ugly idea reared its head. Jonathan was sick. If this was him, and she wasn't losing her mind, then she couldn't just beat him into submission. She would hurt the one she cared about. It was either talk him down or tear him apart. She didn't have much of a choice, did she? He wanted to talk, tell her horrible things that probably weren't true. She wasn't going to have it, she wasn't going to believe any of it...but she needed Jonathan to remember who he was.

Kailee lowered her fists, shaking her head. "You're not worth the fight." She hissed, slowly inching away from him again, bumping her hip into the bed. It was either go towards him, or end up pretty much on the edge of the bed. Kailee hoisted herself up, pulling her legs towards herself defensively, all the while glaring at him. "Talk all you want. It doesn't mean I have to believe you." She muttered, her expression rigid. She wasn't going to trust him as far as she could throw him. God help him if he touched her, or even breathed on her.

It still brought up the matter that this was Jonathan she was looking at here.

I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image

Gaian

Jonathan Brian Clouse

You cut to the bone
Pick up the phone
By your vanishing act
User Image

Eric smiled as she sat down, almost defeated. She was still glaring at him, sure. That was to be expected. He was evil- that was an easy thing to see. But he was also a part of Jonathan – the part that Jonathan hated. The part that he wanted nothing to do with. All the useless parts of a broken person. That was what Eric was – trash.

Eric lowered his hands, lifting his chin up and smirking at Kailee. “So you are interested in what I have to say.” He chuckled, looking over to his side to grab the chair in the corner. He would keep his promise, for now anyway, to play nice. He would answer her questions and be good.

Eric pulled the chair over so that he was sitting in front of Kailee, but still about fifteen feet away. Eric sat in the chair, stretching out and leaning back in it. “So, Kai. Sweetheart. What would you like to know?” He smiled, looking into her eyes as he asked his questions. “Who I am? How I came to be? All that jazz, I assume.”

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

User Image
Out of the Rain
Kailee watched as he pulled a chair up, apprehensive the entire time. She didn't want to talk to him. She wanted him to go away, and for Jonathan to come back, all proper and sort of awkward and sweet. The way she knew him. The way that she needed him to be. Kailee sort of just glared at him in response to his comment about her wanting to talk to him. Ridiculous. Not a chance. She was exhausted, sore, and just needed a friend. But that wasn't going to happen tonight, was it? "I'm not your sweetheart. It's Kailee to you, and I don't care how you came to be, I just want the goddamn off switch." She spat, her tone heavy with bitterness and spite. Fighting with an alternate wasn't going to get her far, but pretending to be interested in what he had to say wasn't going to be easy for her, either. It was easiest when he thought he was his sister. She pretty much went away with a little prodding. But this...this was some sort of evil she just couldn't believe was sitting in front of her.

Kai looked down for a moment, shifting and looking at her arms. "Go on then. Do your self absorbed, I'm this and that and the other thing speech. I'm listening." She made it clear with her body language, though, at least she was trying to, that she was nonchalant. Not paying attention. She was picking at the edge of her shirt, brushing her fingers gingerly over her bruises. "I married a man twice your size with three times the ego and a heavy hand. Don't think you impress or scare me." She murmured. This was probably why her husband got so angry with her all the time. Kailee knew how to pick and poke at buttons that she shouldn't. The best way to make someone angry? Make them feel unimportant. Why was she doing this? Because it was her defense mechanism. Much like pain, if she expected it to hurt less, mentally, it hurt less to her. She pouted her lips, running her fingers over her wrist. "Let me guess, you were the one in the study. And I'm supposed to be scared...blah, blah, blah." She hissed, finally looking up to face him, a wry grin touching her strained expression.

I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items