neverhere
Staring at the sink of
blood and crushed veneer
In the morning I'll be with you, but it will be a different kind
Cut out all the ropes and let me
fall
Come on skinny love what happened here?

User Image

And just like that, the quiet little corner that she and Davik had found together, found to revel in and open up to one another as friends, was torn away from them. Davik heard the new arrivals before she did, but it wasn't long before the sounds reached her ears. It was hard to miss, the shouting and the crying. A heavy sigh escaped her lips as she got to her feet. "You coming?" she asked, touching Davik's hand, but knowing better than to help him along. He was perfectly capable.

The young blonde made her way downstairs and was greeted with a bizarre situation. Had Jon had a haircut? And why were his cheeks tear stained? And Kailee's? "What did you do?!" she rounded on Jon, her brow furrowed, tone accusing. But she wasn't yelling, not in the way she had been earlier. She caught sight of Grey and turned away from him, cheeks flushing as she did so.

Dapper Dabbler

User Image
      Look at me behind the scenes.
        Look at how I pull the strings.
          Look at how they follow me:
            Control the heart, control the king.

User Image

Hazinyul wasn't sure how long she sat curled up on the couch, trying to convince herself that not everything was falling down around her ears. It had to have been at least half an hour, maybe even a full hour. Maybe two? Eventually, after Kailee had gone and then come back, someone - probably Grey - had come in and slammed the door behind him. Hazinyul almost decided to stay where she was and not get in the way. She generally didn't like being near people who were angry, just in case they decided to turn their anger on her. Even so, she couldn't stand to let her friend stew in his anger. What if he blew up again, like he had at Winter? What if, next time, he didn't just decide to leave when he got too angry? She wasn't afraid of him, not in the least. If worst came to worst, she could take him down without much trouble. But that wasn't the point, was it?

Hazinyul got up and went looking. She peered into all the different rooms as she roamed the first floor, and eventually found him in the study. His back was to her. Hazin automatically checked her braids. She reaffirmed her wavering resolution not to manipulate her friends, and then shook her sleeves down over her hands to make herself look smaller. The small girl took one step forward, laying a hand on the door frame. The other hovered pointlessly somewhere by her shoulder. That and her wide, earnest eyes produced an affect like a child asking for help. It wasn't so much, though, that it was actually obvious. She was good at keeping her impressions sutle enough that they didn't seem out of place. Usually, Hazin didn't even realize she was doing it.

"
        Grey?" she asked, smiling a little bit. "Are you okay? Did you find Jon?" That probably wasn't a good thing to ask, but she wanted to know. She could see Kailee out of the window, facing away, looking down at something. Hazin leaned forward, rising up on her tip-toes to see what was going on outside. She couldn't make it out from here, though, and she wasn't going to leave the doorway until she had a better idea of how mad Grey was. She didn't like this Grey - the one with the temper, who shouted and glowered and swore, who couldn't tolerate Jon and didn't like being touched. She wanted the old Grey back. But this was the one she had to deal with, and she was determined to get it right.

User ImagexxOOC //
xxSeems I'm a bit late posting. Lemme know something needs changing.

Dapper Dabbler

User Image.:~If [S E E I N G] is believing then I don't believe in [you]~:.

Davik listened for a while to the shouting and crying and sounds of someone being sick. He could feel all the weight sinking back onto him. He wasn’t sure what weight he was carrying, but it was definitely there. Winter sighed heavily and asked if he was coming. She touched his hand, but this time he barely twitched. “No. I think I’ll let them all self-destruct,” he said sourly. “Would serve them right.” But he got up anyway and went with her downstairs. He was careful to keep careful track of her footsteps, especially on the stairs, just in case. She went outside, Davik following with his normal easy stride. Winter accused someone of doing something.

Remember when we all liked each other?” The blind man planted his feet squarely and turned his face up as if considering the sky. He might’ve gone a bit heavy on the sarcasm, but his patience was quickly thinning. He’d never liked this drama stuff. “Good times, ey? Good times.” He shoved his hands into his pockets and glared at the world in general for a bit, then said, "Well? Go on, then. Someone explain what's happened."

You can whine until your mouth dries up
You can hang your head and wonder why
You can die or you can stand upright
And never go down again.

.:~Davik [A R I A N -- Byw ]~:.xxxxxxx
User Imagexxxxxx

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Shipwrecked by a sea so stormy
I'm lost but I'm never lonely,
I follow my heart through it all...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxκailee ɱay ϩerath

User Image
Day Two Outfit

Oh christ. Kailee looked up as Winter appeared, followed by Davik. It started with accusations, then questions. She shook her head, "Nothing. It's not a big deal." She started, knowing damn well that she wouldn't get anything but protest and demands for an explanation that way. Maybe she still had hope that they would back off. She winced at Davik's remark about all of them liking each other at one point. Classic, Davik, classic. "I remember when you weren't so angry all the time," She responded softly. Those were fighting words, but she was in no shape for a fight. "It's really nothing. I had to go get this idiot because he went out into town on his bike with fresh stitches and no food in his stomach. Nothing to see here, move along."

Why was she hiding things from the people she loved? Before, there were really no secrets in this group. There was no reason for them to hold anything back from each other. But she felt...obligated to at least give Jon a chance to explain himself instead of blurting out that he had gone completely mental and scared her half to death, then started throwing up on the lawn. That would be cruel on her part. Not that lying to her friends, especially straight to their faces, was any better.

"You can ask Grey. He's off sulking because he and Jon can't get along for more than five minutes." She smiled weakly, nervously brushing her hair onto her neck, despite that the only person who could see it had been there for it. Why was she hiding? They'd known her forever. She generally knew when they were lying and vice verse. It killed her to play these games. Kailee hung her head, wiping the tears off her face.

TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT

I'm beat but I can't be broken,
These scars on my heart I own them,
Dark days when my will was stolen...
I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Greyson
xxxxI swear to God we've been down this road before...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxThe guilt's no good, and it only shames us more...

Michael
xxxxAnd the truths that we all try to hide,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxare so much clearer when its not our lives...

Endere
xxxxxxxxxOur promising lives, are full of empty promises...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTemptation's falling and calling you home again

User ImageGreyson's head snapped up to look at Hazin when she entered. The one person left who didn't totally hate him. He hoped. He nodded at her question about finding Jon. "Oh yah, I found him. Kai's out there babysitting him. He'll be fine. He's still an idiot." Grey scowled, looking away and glancing towards the window. "Everything's fine." There was a long, heavy pause. Something about this house seemed to make the tensions higher. It made fights louder and tears more bitter. It seemed to be warping everyone. Maybe it was just him unwilling to adjust to the change in his friends' personalities. Speaking of friends...Grey took a deep breath and sighed heavily.

"Hey...about earlier...I'm sorry you had to see that. We're all a little touchy today. I think once everyone gets some proper sleep and gets used to each other again...it'll be alright."
He paused, then moved on the small love-seat to make space for her to sit next to him. "Come on, pipsqueak, sit with me. I don't bite. Unless you're Jonathan. Then I bite. But he totally starts it." He gave her a strained grin. The spark was there, but there was a strain of pain. He didn't want to be like this. Hell, he didn't even really want a fight with Jonathan. Not once he calmed down and thought about it. Something was wrong with him, and it was probably worse to fight with him than it was to just ignore it. Pretend it wasn't there. That was how he dealt with things lately.

I'm sorry, if we've let you down....

Won't you believe in this lie with us all?

Dapper Dabbler

User Image
      Look at me behind the scenes.
        Look at how I pull the strings.
          Look at how they follow me:
            Control the heart, control the king.

User Image

Grey didn't seem all that angry. Hazin smiled a little more when he assured her that they'd found Jon and that Kai was looking after him. He turned toward the window, so Hazin went to it and saw Kailee haul Jonathan to his feet. Winter and Davik went past the study and out the door. Hazin watched for a little bit and then Grey's sigh pulled her attention back to her friend. He apologized for the explosion between him and Winter - more specifically, apologized that she'd had to see it. The small girl shrugged. "
        You know me," she said, "Sometimes I cry at the drop of a hat."

Then he moved aside and Hazin perked up. She nearly bounced across the room, clambered over the back of the couch, and dropped down beside him. He called her pipsqueak and she pouted. "
        I'm not a pipsqueak! I'm twenty years old!" she protested, indignantly. She laughed a little at his comment about Jon, which felt a little more teasing than before... or, well, not more teasing, but as if he was trying to get to that point. It was good enough for her, anyway, and she returned his grin unabashedly. "We've all changed a lot. But we'll all still be friends. I just know it." She lay her head on his shoulder, wondering if she should tell him that Winter was jealous, but decided not to. It wasn't her secret to tell, after all. Also, it probably wouldn't go over well just now... She reached up to play with her necklace, the teddy bear pendant Troy had gotten for her... which was not the necklace she'd put on this morning. She was certain about that. Had she even brought the ones Troy gave her?

User Image

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Greyson
xxxxI swear to God we've been down this road before...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxThe guilt's no good, and it only shames us more...

Michael
xxxxAnd the truths that we all try to hide,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxare so much clearer when its not our lives...

Endere
xxxxxxxxxOur promising lives, are full of empty promises...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTemptation's falling and calling you home again

User ImageGrey shrugged his shoulders at her, nearly falling off the couch when she came flying onto it. Boy, she could move. Small trajectory, he supposed. He did stiffen a little, uncomfortable as she leaned her head on his shoulder. It wasn't personal. It could have been anyone, be it Winter or Kai or one of his cousins...it just made him antsy. He didn't trust himself anymore. He didn't comment, however, trying to seem casual. The last thing he needed was another fight with one of his friends. In fact, he would do his best to completely bypass that at any cost. Greyson clucked his tongue at the thought. Jonathan was making it pretty hard not to punch him in the face. Maybe he had always felt that way. In a way...yeah. He always felt that way. The two just never rubbed the right way.

"We were a weird group to begin with. None of us belong in the same circle of friends...I think that's what makes us so resilient. I hope we can just smooth over the bumps and move on. Still doesn't mean we have to like certain people, but we can be...civil."
Well, he hoped, at least. The last thing he wanted was to have to pack up and go all the way back home. In constant fear of seeing her on the street. Looking her in the eye. Being dragged into court and watching his victim cry on the witness stand. Someone's daughter. Someone's sister. Someone's best friend. Violated and abused. At his hand.

Grey shivered. "This place kinda creeps me out a bit. Don't get me wrong, it's gorgeous, and huge...but it's kind of weird. Ever get the feeling you're being watched?" He paused, then made dramatic movements with his hands, to downplay how bizarre his comment seemed. If she thought he was crazy, he could just play it off as a joke. He really did hope someone understood his fears, though.

I'm sorry, if we've let you down....

Won't you believe in this lie with us all?

Gaian

Jonathan Brian Clouse

So I'll blame it on bad luck, And I'll say a hard life did this to me
You don't even bother anymore
You cut to the bone
Pick up the phone
To hear my swan song but I'll admit I'm impressed
By your vanishing act
Place your bets on your best guess
Of when you're coming back
User Image

Kai had helped him up, and he tried his best to stay on his feet. He kept his head hung low as Winter rushed out and started asking questions. He didn’t want to say anything after everything that had happened… There was no point anymore. Jon was sure that Kai would blurt out something about him going crazy, but she didn’t. It made him give a half smile.

“I need to go sit down…” He mumbled, moving away from Kai, letting her arm fall off from him. He wasn’t too weak. He could make it. Jon stumbled to the front door, not even making it up the stairs before he had to take a break. He was dizzy and was seeing double. He was sure he was running a temp too… Always happened when his body got under too much strain. Jonathan had sweat running down his face and arms. He was exhausted, but he didn’t need help; He would do it on his own.

He stumbled, tripping as he moved up the steps to the house. Why was it so hot? Jon was on his hands and knees as he crawled into the house. He didn’t want to look at anyone, though he was sure everyone was looking at him. He made it into the house and into the main hall. He was trying his best to make it to the couch in the sitting room, but his hand slipped from the sweat, and he fell onto his face.

“I’m fine…I’m fine!” He called, raising his hands to show he was fine, even though he really wasn’t.

Abandon the people who shaped who you are
Selfish and thoughtless, you drown in the dark
I hope that you realise the damage you've done
You could not see light even staring at the sun

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

User Image
Day Two Outfit

Why did he have to play Mr. Macho? Kailee shook her head as she watched him struggle his way into the hall, denying her offers to help him. Oh, he was something else. She sighed, pausing and just watching him for a while before slowly making her way up behind him. By the time she reached the door, he was crashed on the floor. Again, insisting that he was alright. Yeah, on the floor, half conscious, and a total wreck. He was fine. Why couldn't he just accept her help like an adult? She never understood guys. They were stubborn and irritating sometimes. Okay, a lot. She was an adult now--sort of--shouldn't she understand the world by now? No. Probably not. "You don't look alright, maybe it's a bad angle." She teased. Of course she had to give him a hard time. Instead of just being compliant and letting her help him, he just crawled off.

Sounded like something she would do. In fact, it was. Kailee was just as headstrong, and possibly even more vicious when it came to her stubborn habits. With that being said, she knelt down beside Jonathan and once more offered her arm. "Let me get you to a couch, sit down, shut up, and let me take care of you." She ordered, her eyes slightly narrowed at him. "Crawling around like a stubborn a** isn't gonna help the situation." Her tone was firm, but there was a bit of a smile cracking the edges of her frown. Kailee wasn't actually upset with him, but she didn't want him trying to crawl to the living room, especially with a fresh (well, fresh enough) wound on his stomach. As much as she trusted the caretaker to keep this place clean...there were still germs. Gross.

"If you don't let me help you, I'll get Grey in here and let him throw you over his shoulder."
She teased, a mischievous glint in her eye. This was proper Kailee. Stubborn, overprotective, but at the end of the day, loved her friends and wouldn't change them. That part never changed. Even when she was scared for his health--both mental and physical. "And...when you're feeling better...we need to talk." She frowned.

TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT

I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image

Gaian

Jonathan Brian Clouse

You cut to the bone
Pick up the phone
By your vanishing act
User Image

Jon laughed a little as she teased him. It was almost like old times again. Kai offered Jonathan a hand and Jon silently, but happily allowed her to help him up, and move him to the couch. No need for Grey today. He smiled, as he sat down on the couch, leaning into it and allowing him to actually relax into it.

Kai said they needed to talk…Well duh. No s**t they needed to talk. After everything that had happened, Jon saw this coming from a mile away. He was sure Kai had questions out the a** about what happened. Jonathan closed his eyes, and patted the seat next to him.

“Sit. We can talk a little now.” He’d rather get some of the questions out of the way now while he was still sane. Tired, yes, but sane enough to answer, well, half honestly. Kai didn’t need to know the whole truth behind it. Hell, he didn’t even know the whole truth… But if Kailee was allowed to be stubborn about her helping him, he would be stubborn about talking now, rather than waiting till he ‘felt better’.

Jonathan ran a hand through his, now short, hair. It was weird. He was so used to his long hair that when his hand fell short of his neck, it almost prompted him to open his eyes and check to see if it was honestly gone.

“Are you hot in here?” Jonathan asked, wiping the sweat off his forehead.

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

User Image
Day Two Outfit

Well,at least he listened to her. Wise choice. Kailee smiled a little at him, promptly sitting next to him on the couch. He asked if she was uncomfortable with the temperature of the room, and she slowly shook her head. "No, feels fine to me." She pouted out her lower lip, slumping to lean against him for a moment. "But you feel warmer than the average human being." Trying to be sly about the fact that she was concerned wasn't her strongest point. Hell, how can you be sneaky about taking someone's temperature? You aren't.

Kai sighed, her shoulders slumping. "If that cut is infected, it's probably my fault, and I'm sorry." She murmured, defeated, settling into her position, leaning her head on his arm. It would probably appall anyone to think that this was the same person--at least physically--who had attacked her the night before. Kailee just brushed the idea away like it was a piece of dust floating in front of her face.

She was quiet for a long time, contemplating her approach to this. There was no delicate way to ask what the hell was going on his head. She couldn't just tell him she had seen the notes...but they both knew she had experienced his strange behavior first hand. Was it because of the fever? Yeah. Maybe he was just sick and needed some pills and some water and he'd be fine. She hoped. Kailee sat there for a while, then sat up, tucking her knees up, curling her toes against the couch cushion. She wrapped her arms around her knees and turned her head to look at her friend.

"So...you really scared me...before."
The statement was vague, because she wasn't comfortable addressing the incident in the library, nor the interaction with "Anna." They both upset her deeply, just in different ways. She didn't really want to talk about it, but it had to be done. Her gaze shifted. Ahead. Away from him. She couldn't look him in the face and talk about this. It was like they were discussing someone else. She wanted to keep it that way.

Why was she so okay with Jonathan attacking her? He had gone mental and bruised her. Said horrible things to her. All under the guise of...something else. Mental illness was never an excuse. But Kailee couldn't be angry with him. It was just a repeat. Every argument with her husband. She always came crawling back...

Kai flinched, gently rubbing her thumb over her wrist.

I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image

Gaian

Jonathan Brian Clouse

You cut to the bone
Pick up the phone
By your vanishing act
User Image

”Kai, I scare myself sometimes…” He mumbled out, keeping his eyes closed, trying to pick his words carefully as to not scare Kai, and to not scare himself… This was gonna be a hard conversation to have. Jonathan’s head was pounding and he just wanted all of this to go away, but there was no getting around it now.

Kailee had shifted away from him, and Jonathan opened one eye. He frowned as she fumbled with herself. He didn’t like seeing her upset over him. He didn’t deserve it. Hell, she wasn’t even looking at him anymore. Jonathan reached out and grabbed her hand, holding it in his. He rubbed the top of it softly with his thumb. He smiled at Kailee.

“Come on now. Don’t go all quiet on me.” He said, looking over at, well, the two of her. He was still seeing double. Jonathan couldn’t help but chuckle a little to himself. “Come here, silly.” He said, pulling her into him again. He didn’t want to scare her, but he couldn’t help but love it when she was close to him. It calmed him down and made him feel better to boot. He still held onto her hand, but not holding on so tight that if she wanted to pull her hand away she could.

“Kai…What…Uhm…exactly happened…?” Jonathan said, looking down to her neck, where, for the first time, he saw some of the damage that had happened. Bruises and bumps everywhere. She was worse off than he was!

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

User Image
Day Two Outfit

Kailee looked over when he took her hand, nervously eyeing him. Why was she being jumpy? It was just Jonathan. Right. It was also just Jonathan the night before. No. It wasn't. Was it? She frowned deeply, looking down at her and his hand together. It seemed to just be normal Jonathan. No weird voices or strange conversations or aggression. He seemed okay. She complied when he shifted and pulled her closer, resting her head against him, closing her eyes for a moment. There was a split second of peace, before he asked her what happened. She really, really didn't want to go through this part. She already avoided replaying the scenes for Davik and Winter, and she didn't want to play it piece by piece for Jonathan, either. Particularly not the moments with "Anna" and the monster in the library. Kailee was quiet for a few moments, her shoulders tense.

"You...something...."
She didn't want to say it was him. That was admitting that she blamed him for it. That was putting his face to her attacker and his hands in the shape of her bruises. "Last night, I lost you in the library. Do you remember?" She asked, her voice low. The last thing she wanted was for one of the others to come barging in on her like this, discussing the attack with Jonathan of all people. Greyson was still angry about it, and she had no doubt that it was going to be any better with Winter or Davik. Kai paused, running her tongue over her teeth nervously.

"If you talk to the others, they'll tell you..."
She paused, shaking her head. "Never mind. Grey called me to come get you in the village. You were acting weird. Acting like a child. Spouting off at me and calling me big sis. It really scared me, Jon. I didn't know what to do so I brought you back here..." She sighed nervously.

I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image

Gaian

Jonathan Brian Clouse

You cut to the bone
Pick up the phone
By your vanishing act
User Image

Jonathan frowned. He didn’t remember anything from either the night before or today in town. He assumed because his mind was blank that it was Eric the night before…and when Kai said that he was calling her big sis, it had to be Anna today. Jonathan sighed, still holding onto Kai’s hand. He laced his fingers in hers. He was just happy to be like this.

Jonathan closed his eyes again. He didn’t want to think anymore. It was just making his head hurt more. With his free hand, he started to run it through Kailee’s hair, a sweet gesture that he meant nothing by other than to comfort her. Well, that and because he wanted the memory of this to be in his mind forever. He always wanted to be close to Kailee like this… or even closer…

He shook the thought from his head. He should just be happy he was getting this close to her without one of their friends trying to kill him over it. He smiled squeezing her hand lightly.

“Sorry I worried you, Kailee..” he said, continuing to run his hand though her hair. “It’s gonna be weird to say this, but as long as you’re close like this, I feel at peace…”

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

User Image
Day Two Outfit

Kailee sighed. There was nothing she could say. Her words wouldn't affect his head. She couldn't stop it from happening...whatever it was. She just retreated into her thoughts, only shifting when she felt fingers in her hair. Kai glanced up, noted that it was just Jonathan (that seemed to be a running fear today) and relaxed again. Jonathan apologized for making her worry--but that wasn't the point. The point was that he wasn't right in the head, and it scared her to death. What else was he hiding from them? She had her own secrets, but they wouldn't affect the group as a whole...or her, if she would just let it go. Kailee closed her eyes for a moment or two, trying to just forget the entire situation. If she could just get some sort of escape from her demons for a few minutes...the entire trip would be justified.

She wasn't sure how she felt about it all. Part of her knew someone was bound to walk in and immediately start yelling at her. It wasn't the affection. Kailee had generally become a lapdog for half the group during their younger years, never taking it seriously. Usually it was Grey she was perched on or using as a personal pillow. But the circumstances had changed. They were adults, and she was married--well--to their knowledge, technically. She was supposed to be a big girl and deal with things instead of just hiding her head and sticking her chin up when she was exposed.

"You were right, though."
She murmured. It sort of just came out, like it wanted to be said. Kailee bit her lower lip. "Remember the one thing you and Grey can agree on? That my husband is an a*****e?" Using the present tense with him was weird, considering his state of life. Or lack thereof. Kailee cleared her throat, shifting a little, absentmindedly squeezing Jonathan's hand. "He won't be joining us on this trip."

Multiple meanings. She prayed he picked a halfway innocent one.

I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items