Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Kitten

Hilarious Kitten

tab tab

User Image

User Image
                                                      ▮▮ tab ▮▮ tab ▮▮ tab ▮▮ tab ▮▮ tab ▮▮ tab ▮▮ tab ▮▮ tab ▮▮ tab tab I WILL STAND BY YOU, EVEN WHEN WE FALL
                                                  ◣* tab ▬▬ ░ ⋮ I WON'T LET ( ✩↓ YOU GO ) tab tab tab no one can take your place ┉ ◞
                                                              I WON'T LET YOU FALL, I WON'T LET YOU GO, NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE, I'LL BE THERE.
                                                                  A tab QUITTER tab A tab REGRETTER tab AND tab FORGETTER tab IS tab EVERYTHING tab I'M tab NOT tab tab tab
                                                                      I WON'T LET YOU FALL, I WON'T LET YOU GO, NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE, I'LL BE THERE.
                                                    ░ ❝ i'll take care of you )* and love you just because ♔; you and i are better ♥》 than forever ²⋮
                                                        ♔;NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE ⊰ ☆ ; I'LL BE THERE
                                                                ♔; LOCATION ◜ ✧ seaworld tab tab tab ♔; WITH ◜ ✧ roshan, marya tab tab tab ♔; WEARING ◜ ✧ rory & marya

• "Ae Cha, dear, how are you feeling today?" Mrs Nam, Rory's mother, cooed from the other end of the phone. How did she feel? How did she feel? Worn out, stressed out, anxious, panicky, overwhelmed... those are only a few of the words that Aurora Itani could have possibly used to describe how she felt. Ever since it had been agreed that the winter holidays with the family would always be spent in Maryland, because Mrs Nam loved being Santa Claus, Rory had decided she wanted to be responsible for a holiday, too. She had volunteered her home for Thanksgiving, and now she was sincerely regretting it. It was the Monday before Thanksgiving, and Rory hadn't even made a dent in cooking yet. She'd only just finished cleaning the house for about a third time, but the house's clean status likely wouldn't last for long, Mr Paek had a nasty habit of tracking glitter and all sorts of other things into the house to dirty it once more.

Rory still had a long list of tasks she had to complete before going to the airport Wednesday morning to pick up Roshan's parents, and again on Wednesday evening to get her own parents. She could confirm that trying to pull off Thanksgiving with only her husband and eccentric leech of an uncle to assist her, while she was pregnant no less, was a daunting task that she regretted taking on.

"Pregnant," Was finally the response that Rory offered her mother. It was true, too. Aurora was currently thirty-four weeks pregnant, which may have contributed to the fatigue, the anxiety, and her recent irritability (usually directed at Mr Paek).

Rory was currently seated on the living room couch, phone sitting on the couch with her mother on speaker phone. Rory was in process of multi-tasking, preoccupied with folding laundry to be put away. Marya sat on the living room floor, surrounded by a mass of toys as she stared up at the tv. Rory had preoccupied Marya with Sofia the First while she did laundry, to keep the little two year old from running around and distracting from laundry. Thus far, it had proved effective.

"Are you sure you don't need help?" Her mother could be heard asking, "I'm certain Henry and Soraya won't mind helping you until I get there," She offered, once more trying to take the Thanksgiving responsibility away from Rory. It was clear that her mother was worrying, and with good reason, too. Aurora had a way for stressing herself out. "No, mom. I've got this covered," She insisted stubbornly. Her mother could be heard sighing on the other end. "Okay, tell Roshan I said hi, then. I'll see you all when we land on Wednesday," She said.

Rory wrapped up her phone conversation with her mother, hanging up and setting her phone aside before finishing up the folding she had to do. The folded laundry was placed in the basket, to be taken care of as soon as Rory tidied up the living room. Marya's episode of Sofia was just now finishing up, too, Rory noted, as Marya was beginning to stir from her place on the floor. The two year old stood up, looking directly at Rory. "Mommy, Sofia," She sang, clearly wanting Rory to put on another episode of the cartoon.

"Sweetie, I think that's enough Sofia for today," Rory said. "Minnie?" Marya tried. Rory shook her head no. It was then that Rory got an idea. "Marya, princess, why don't you help mommy take care of your toys? Then we can go visit daddy at work," She offered. Marya's face lit up. Clearly, Rory had struck gold.

The living room got tidied up, which involved Marya putting all of her toys into one big pile before Rory actually took care of them. At least Marya was starting to somewhat understand the concept of cleaning, that was an accomplishment. After cleaning up the living room, Marya "helped" Rory put away the laundry before the two bee-lined to Marya's room so that Rory could get her dressed (they'd had a bit of a lazy day today). Marya, forever the daddy's girl, was actively demanding a dress with fish on it. Marya had outgrown the only dress fitting that description, though, so Rory finally succeeded in coaxing her into wearing a t-shirt with a sailboat on it, claiming that daddy would like it just as much as fish.

After getting Marya dressed, Rory exchanged the shorts she had been wearing around the house for pants, going through the process of packing up the baby bag with everything she would need while out of the house. Marya got her own backpack full of toys and coloring supplies (which Rory would probably end up carrying), and then the two were out of the house and Rory was strapping Marya into her carseat.

A little over thirty-five minutes later, the product of Orlando traffic, Rory was claiming a parking space in the parking lot for SeaWorld. Roshan being a marine biologist made it only natural that he was employed by the marine life theme park. Though the park had been under fire lately, Aurora found their rescue and rehabilitation work to be admirable - she heard about all of this work from Roshan, of course.

"Hold on a second, princess," Rory called to Marya as she opened the driver's side door. "I've got to grab the stroller, then I'll get you out," She said, though Marya was preoccupied to talking to one of her penguins... so she doubted that Marya would really notice what she was up to, anyways. Undoing her seatbelt and getting out of the car, Rory nudged the door to the car shut and went around to the back of the car to wrestle the stroller out. She sent a quick text to Roshan prompting for his location, after which focusing on the task at hand: the stroller. Getting the stroller out and unfolding it was easier said than done, though she did eventually accomplish the task at hand. After packing Marya's backpack neatly in the storage beneath the stroller, Rory shouldered the baby bag. Rory shut the trunk to the car, now moving to the door to the back seat that was on the drivers side.

Marya turned to face her once the door was open, offering Rory one of the two penguins that she had in her hand. Rory smiled, "Come on, princess, let's get you into your stroller," She said, undoing the car seat before getting Marya out. It didn't take long for Rory to get Marya secured in the stroller, it was a process they'd practiced many times before after many trips to Disney. Rory checked to make sure all doors were shut and secured, after which locking the car. Rory took now to cover Marya's legs, arms, and face with sunscreen ... and then they were finally on their way into the theme park, as opposed to standing outside in the parking lot and nearly roasting.

Though Roshan hadn't responded to Rory's text message, once inside the park they very quickly encountered one of the other marine biologists at the park, the woman helpful enough to direct Rory and Marya to where Roshan was currently working. With the dolphins, Marya would enjoy that (though she loved all animals aside from sharks, really).

Once they arrived near the entrance to the part of the dolphin-area specifically for team members they encountered Linda, another one of Roshan's co-workers. Linda smiled when she saw them, Linda having become very familiar with Rory and Marya seeing as how often they came to visit. "Visiting again today?" She asked. "We were overdue for a visit," Rory explained, as their visits had become a lot less frequent on account of Rory being pregnant. It was a lot easier to just not visit then to have to find some means of keeping Marya out of the giant play structure at SeaWorld. Marya loved the playground area, and Rory was in no condition to be running after her.

"I'll go get him for you," Linda finally said, after which disappearing behind the door marked team members only. It was a couple of minutes before the door opened again, though it was Roshan that appeared this time. "DADDY!" Marya had spotted him, and was clearly excited. Marya used now to remind them that she was an escape artist when it came to the stroller, the two year old finding a way out of the stroller in a matter of seconds before hugging Roshan's leg (that was all she could reach). "Surprise!" Rory sang with a smile. "I figured it was about time for a visit," She explained. "And I needed to peel Marya away from the tv, too," She added. "We aren't bothering you too much, are we?"

◜ ✧ ENGLISH! tab tab ◜ ✧ KOREAN! tab tab ◜ ✧ OTHERS! tab tab

tab tab

Cosmic Orca's Significant Otter

User ImagexxxUser ImagexxxUser Image

xxthey'd know love will find a wayxx anywhere we go we're home xx if we are there together xx like dark turning into dawn xx somehow we'll come through now that i've found youxx somehow love will find a way
    █████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

xxx◢ : BRIGITTE CHANG THE BIOANTHROPOLOGIST

• Brigitte had been in the research lab when the latest “find” by one of Florida’s self proclaimed “top up and coming urban archaeologists” had come in. Brigitte had been examining a read out of Denisovan DNA sent by a lab out of London, when her supervisor came in carrying what looked like a stripped umbrella.

“What is that?”
                                                  Brigitte asked, putting the read out down, and eyeing her supervisor like he was possibly going to stab her to death with an umbrella. Kind of like how the Georgians had just left her drunk in the stream. She had that effect on people.

“Apparently,”
                                                  Dr Lowenstein said, setting the umbrella down on the desk in front of her, “What we have here is conclusive proof that the stem ancestor for the genus homo was, in fact, a humanoid reptile-primate from Florida.”

“It’s an umbrella.”

“I know.”

“Michael Harris?”

“Yup.”

Brigitte grabbed the umbrella, “It looks like he dropped an umbrella in acid. How is this humanoid reptilian-primate? This looks like Wal-Mart.” She poked at one of the metal prongs that supported the fabric of the umbrella when it wasn’t totally destroyed. “Is this supposed to be a phalange or something?”

“Extended carpals, metacarpals, and phalanges extending from an immobile wrist with extremely primitive limb structure.” He pointed at the handle, “Apparently the primitive trait is missing an ulna.”

“And an elbow joint,”
                                                  Brigitte said, “That is one freaky lizard man. What is with this guy and lizard people?”

“He wants to grow gills,”
                                                  Dr Lowenstein said, with a shrug, “So he feels like… lizards are closer to fish than primates.”

“How did he get lizard out of an umbrella?”
                                                  Brigitte asked.

“There were sequins super glued to the handle, probably supposed to be scales.”

“Oh my god.”

All in a day at the lab.

Brigitte, having had an early morning shift, made it back to her house without running anybody over. No old ladies. No small animals. Maybe a balloon animal, but those didn’t count. She parked the car in her spot, before heading into the house and locating Mason and Idina sitting on the couch in the living room. “Hello,” Brigitte said, sitting on the couch across from them and staring openly.

“Uhh, hi,”
                                                  Idina said. Idina thought that Brigitte was a crazy roommate, though she thought that Wyatt was as well, and they were decidedly the only two sane intelligent beings in the house.

“Did you know that there’s a theory about early hominin evolution-”

“Oh here we go-”

“-The social ecology of mate selection and incisor size?”

“You are not measuring my boyfriend’s teeth again,”
                                                  Idina said.

“But wouldn’t you like to know if his past sexual indiscretions were reflective of an evolutionary desire to exert his position as the alpha male?”
                                                  Brigitte asked. “I mean, he lives in the company of Wyatt, who is the evolutionary highpoint of the males in this residence.”

“I seriously doubt that he was trying to exert his alpha male status over Wyatt in high school,”
                                                  Idina said.

“I have a theory that men with smaller incisors are more likely to mate out, due to fear that they will not be able to maintain a fully monogamous relationship with a female, resulting in potential infanticide,” Brigitte began. “Because if a male can maintain possession of a monogamous relationship, then he won’t be an evolutionary dead end.” She turned to look at Mason, “You still are an evolutionary dead end, by the way. Does that make you want to run out and mate with the nearest ovulating female?”

“Excuse me?”

“Are you ovulating?”

“EXCUSE ME! YOU CANNOT ASK PEOPLE THAT!”

Brigitte nodded, “Maybe you’re not so evolutionarily defunct.” She eyed Idina, “You know, women wearing red is a mimicry of female primates in estrus?”

Idina was wearing a red tank top.

The pair looked moderately horrified, so Brigitte shifted her position on the couch, “So, Mason, what are we making for the Thanksgiving block party?” It seemed like a valid question, even if they had just been discussing Mason's evolutionary reproductive history in what some might call inappropriate detail.

Noble Warrior

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

♔ ░ WE COULD BE 《 TIMELESS

• His entire life, Roshan had loved the ocean. He loved boating, swimming, and learning about the animals that lived in the ocean. As such, it wasn’t really a surprise to anyone that he became a marine biologist and had started working at SeaWorld. A lot of people turned their noses up when he said he worked at SeaWorld, automatically thinking of animal captures and the like. Roshan was always very clear that he never had anything to do with captures, as aside from dolphins, SeaWorld didn’t do a lot of capturing these days… and really that was more so rescue work. Most of the animals that you saw being pulled into the aquariums were rescues, animals that were hurt in the wild and needed to be helped out or they would die. Those were the ones that Roshan worked with - he wasn’t one of the show people.

Today, he had been dominantly working with the dolphins. They gave dolphins a good scrub down every now and again, and that was what Roshan was busily doing, along with Brett, one of his co-workers. The dolphins were, as usual, pretty good to work with, albeit very playful, and Roshan had to admit that he almost face planted right into the water when the one he was scrubbing decided to sink very suddenly under the water. Brett had almost laughed his a** off, but the dolphin he was scrubbing splashed some water into Brett’s face, so Roshan was spared being forced to exact revenge on his friend and colleague.

Just as they were finishing cleaning up the tools they used to scrub down the dolphins, another one of Roshan’s colleagues appeared. Her name was Linda, and Roshan thought that she was very nice. She was one of the very few redheads that he had met in his life that hadn’t given him Hell in one way or another, so that was highly appreciated. But, all joking aside, Linda was great to work with, and loved the animals and what they did just as much as Roshan did. Though, Roshan had to admit that she had a way with the baby animals that he couldn’t even hope to touch. “Hey, Linda!” Roshan greeted, grinning when he saw Brett perk up, almost dropping everything that they had just cleaned up. “What’s up?”

“The sky. The opposite of down.”
                                                          Linda grinned, and both she and Roshan raised their eyebrows when Brett started laughing as though that was the funniest thing that he had ever heard in his life. Shaking her head, she turned her attention back to Roshan. “Your wife is here with your daughter.” She said, jabbing her thumb back towards where visitors usually were. “You go talk to her. I’ll help butterfingers.” She said, eyeing Brett as he scampered around trying to pick up the multitude of things that he had dropped.

Roshan left Linda to try and help Brett clean up the mess that he had made, heading out to see Rory and Marya. His face lit up when he saw both of them, and laughed out loud when he saw Marya escape her stroller and come tearing over to him, attaching herself quite permanently to his leg. “Hi, sweetheart,” he grinned, stooping down to pick Marya up, letting her wrap her arms around his neck and snuggle in close like she always did. Yep. There was no denying it. Marya was a Daddy’s girl.

He made his way over to Rory and gave her a quick kiss, to which Marya laughed as though it was funny to see mommy and daddy kissing. “You’re not bothering me at all. You saved me from having to deal with Brett making doe eyes at Linda again.” He said, crinkling his nose, he put a hand on Rory’s back and steered them towards a seating area, not wanting Rory to get too tired. “I’m off in about ten minutes, if you want to go and do something as a family? Before everyone comes over and suddenly we can’t go anywhere without someone sticking their nose in our business?” At that, Roshan narrowed his eyes and looked around suspiciously. “Did you manage to ditch the dodo?” He was, of course, referring to Mr. Paek. It was oddly quiet, so clearly he wasn’t around at the moment.

“Oh!” He added, grinning at Marya. “We got a baby otter in earlier today! Linda has been cleaning him up real good - she named him Johnny, probably because she watched the Outsiders again.” Really, it was because the baby otter had gotten a burn from a boat motor, which had likely killed the mother. But he wasn’t about to tell Marya that.

Cosmic Orca's Significant Otter

User ImagexxxUser ImagexxxUser Image

xxbut i found the strength inside to seexx found the better part of me xx and i'll never let it go xx but i found the strength inside to seexx found the better part of me xx and i'll never let it go xxbut i found the strength inside to seexx found the better part of me xx and i'll never let it go
      █████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

xxx◢ : CAMERON RADCLIFFE THE BOOKWORM

Cam’s shift had run from five thirty until one thirty, and he had just gotten off of work. The library that he worked at was the closest to the neighbourhood that he, his girlfriend, their friend Sebastian and his girlfriend had moved to shortly after leaving Sleepy Hollow. His grandmother had followed him, but had fallen in love with one of the other crazy old people in the neighbourhood, and had since moved out of the house. Cameron had not been able to escape the wedding, though it had been Jordan, his youngest male cousin, who had fared the worst at the wedding. Granny had tried to get him very drunk, and then had tried to set a very tipsy Jordan up with everything that moved. Jordan’s sister, and their cousin, had rescued him before a plastered middle aged woman had managed to fully propose marriage.

He was thinking about that because his relatives were still not clear on whether they were coming for Thanksgiving, which was driving Cam nuts. He pulled the shared car into the front drive of the house, and locked the doors. It was a bit of a beater, but did well on mileage. He was making decent money, but the rent wasn’t cheap. Librarians did not live luxurious lives.

He came through the door, undoing his tie - the library was air conditioned, but the rest of Florida was designed to murder anyone who had to wear a shirt and tie to work. Bermuda shorts and t-shirts did not work with research librarians. Particularly when most of your coworkers were beady eyed old women who had probably been around for the Alamo.

“Evie? You still in?”
                                                    he called, taking his shoes off and lining them up neatly in the closet by the door. He hurried up the stairs in search of a cotton t-shirt and shorts to change into. He headed into the bathroom and changed, folding everything neatly before putting the clothes back into the dresser, making sure that the ring box he had buried under all of his work clothes was still in its correct place. Evie didn’t usually touch or move his stuff - they had long ago determined that people moving Cam’s stuff was bad juju - but with things like hiding wedding rings, Murphy’s law was kind of invoked.

But the ring was in place. He had the ring. He had the idea. But he had no idea how to ask. He’d asked Ravi and Roshan, who both had pretty solid marriages, but Ravi just made everyone look bad and Roshan and Rory were kind of the barfy kind of “sooooo in love” that it was the opposite of helpful. He would think of something, though. Probably something plain, like just asking. Not something stupid and dangerous like putting the thing in a smoothie. Too many horror stories. Too many people wound up choking. Murphy’s law.

He went into the kitchen to fill his water bottle with water - the heat was killer, nothing like what he was used to from Washington autumns. Afterwards, he found Evie in the living room, hanging up the telephone, with a peculiar look on her face. “Good news or bad news?” Cam asked, taking a drink from his water bottle as he waited for Evie to answer.

When she told him that her parents were coming up for the weekend, he nearly choked.

“When did they decide this?”
                                                    Cam asked, “I distinctly remember asking them, like, a month ago.” But that was how family went, he supposed. He narrowed his eyes, “They’re not bringing Sebastian’s mom, are they? I don’t want anyone throwing holy water at me again.” His family were Catholic, but the kind of hella loose kind that threw good parties, not the kind of Religious like Sebastian’s family. The kind that made you want to burn a bible and never see one again. “Oh man, are they wanting to stay here? Do we need to go find an extra air mattress or anything?”

If any of his relatives showed up, they would definitely be needing some air mattresses.

Quick Reply

Submit
      Manage Your Items
      Other Stuff
      Get GCash
      Offers
      Get Items
      More Items
      Where Everyone Hangs Out
      Other Community Areas
      Virtual Spaces
      Fun Stuff