Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Lunatic

User Image

INFO A HIGH SCHOOL ROLEPLAY
                                                      INFO INSPIRED BY SKINS & COUNTLESS SONGS
                                                      INFO CURRENTLY OPEN / ACCEPTING

xxxxxic thread xxxxxapp threadxxxxxooc threadxxxxx
                                                      xxxthe creator of this roleplay is pudding town. gfx made by bad suns

Friendly Lunatic

User Image
                                                                User Image

User Image
                                                            Welcome! To keep it simple, this roleplay is a toss up of high school and a nice slice of life. We won't always be in a classroom setting, but we won't always be roaming free around the town either. The classes, optional academics and sports teams, and clubs are tools to better our plotting. It's easier to find friends with people you share classes or activities with, right? Below this post lies the rules. I know it looks intimidating, but please read through them carefully. I promise I'm not as mean and scary as they might make me sound. Follow them and you'll stay on my good side. Hope to see your application soon!

Friendly Lunatic

User Image
                                                                User Image

User Image

tab REQUIREMENTS
                                                            Read these. I know it looks long, but each rule and expanded explanation was crafted to keep this machine well-oiled, and answer possible questions. If you can't cut the mustard, I reserve the right to let you go. Too many good ideas die before they can even live. NOT AGAIN.
                                                            No offense, but don't even bother joining if you can't handle it. That being said, don't join and just vanish. I will allot a certain amount of time for profiles/posts/etc.
                                                            This is a relaxed literate roleplay. Quality over quantity and all that jazz. I will go over your samples, and if I don't think you're right for this roleplay, that's my word. I may be persuaded to give you a trial run, but I can always kick you out if you're not up to code.
                                                            I cannot believe I even have to say this, but don't be a d**k in the OOC. About anything. Don't start s**t, alright? We can all be friends, and if not, we can settle things like adults.

tab APPLICATIONS
                                                            There's an entire thread just for applying. Post your applications, reserves, and profiles there. NOT anywhere else.
                                                            I'll give you 48 hours to finish a profile. I originally wanted to just give 24, but I decided on two days. If you can get it in sooner, you're the kind of person I'm looking for.
                                                            Skim the accepted applications that came before you. Don't repeat anything important like the role, name, or birthday.
                                                            Once you're accepted, you can begin plotting in the OOC thread. Don't post there until you've been accepted.
                                                            I'm more inclined to accept you if your face claim is an actor or actress. Popular face claims are popular for a reason. I will now (although selectively) allow YouTubers, K-pop/K-drama stars, and band members (I mainly just see 5SOS but you know). Still no models/scene. Make sure they LOOK the part.

tab CHARACTERS
                                                            Be original. Expand on these babies. Love them. Nurture them. Give them a motive; a reason for what they do, who they are.
                                                            READ UP ON CHARACTERS ALREADY ESTABLISHED. I will not have everyone and their dog a foreign exchange student, druggie, Korean, gay, and/or from an abusive/tragic upbringing.
                                                            With the previous statement said, I will accept up to a certain number of roles. If you have a musically gifted kid in a band, that's cool. Maybe two or three other people will, and you can form a band with them! There's instant plotting done for you! After the limit is reached, forget it.
                                                            Teens have a wide range of interests and talents. However, ZERO teens have every talent and interest. Stick with what would make sense for your character. If they're experimenting, that's understandable, but don't have them stretched into every direction, filling every fantasy you want to live out in one go. Make more than one character if you really wanna broaden your horizons.
                                                            Play as many characters as you want AND can handle. Don't flake out on us because you bit off more than you could chew. Know your limit, and don't be afraid to tell me you need to drop someone User Image. Also (this is kind of important), don't be afraid to tell me you went in the wrong direction with your character. If you need to revamp them, go for it. Just let me know, and actually bring them back.
                                                            If you're going to play a female, you MUST also play a male character. It's significantly harder to fill male roles, as I'm sure you all know. Addendum: if male slots are filled faster than female, I will allow applicants to apply for just a female role. This is only after all the male slots are filled, and female places remain.
                                                            If you make someone who gets along with everyone, I'm going to throw you.
                                                            If you make someone who "is afraid of men/women/crowds," but flirts immediately or goes to a party without hesitation, I am going to throw you.
                                                            If you submit your female and male characters, only to disregard your male and suck at using him, I'll break my foot off in your John Brown hind parts. And then I will throw you.

tab POSTING
                                                            I would like for it to be once a week, at least.
                                                            This is still relaxed literate, don't worry. We all have our average amount of words. As long as you have enough to work with, it should be fine. We're here to have fun, while enjoying the perks of properly using the English language.
                                                            When I said I would review your samples, I mean it. I'll read through a couple, and I genuinely am looking for quality over quantity. No run-on sentences, absolute disregard for commas, dialogue that sounds plain hokey, etc. Write what you would expect to read in a published book. It's hard to believe some of you are in college when you write like amateurs.
                                                            Let's be honest. We like pretty posts. Use font sizes 10 or 11. Do not use colors others can't read (you know, the bright ones). Get some nice graphics. No excessive glitter or eyesores.
                                                            I will enforce deadlines. If you haven't posted by then, or given me warning that you won't be able to make it, I will kick you out. It will go without saying. Your character will be removed, so don't come back into the OOC or IC with, "Why didn't you tell me I missed the deadline? It's not fair for you to just delete my character." Milk and eggs, b***h. It's in the rules.

tab EXTRA i.e. "WHAT I FORGOT EARLIER"
                                                            I've been in high school roleplays where all the ideas for drama and enemies were... not shot down, but immediately resolved. Everyone was just so nice. That's not how it works at all in a Skins inspired high school roleplay. Don't be afraid to be a bit of an a*****e character. It happens. We're not perfect.
                                                            When it comes to plotting, do NOT post in the OOC with, "This is my character. Here's their profile. Come at me with plots." I swear to every deity, I will THROW you. Be proactive! Break down the OOC door, grab collars, and say, "We gon' do this." Work things out with people.
                                                            Do not just search for romance. Build meaningful friendships. Hell, break meaningful friendships. It's high school, after all. What I mean by this is, romance is totally fine. However, don't just break off with your significant other and not be anything more than a morphed him/her creature. That's a problem. Your friends will want time with you too, remember. There's a plot idea right there! Create tension! Just because I don't want you to be a d**k in the OOC, doesn't mean your character can't kick up a stink with enemies (or even friends) IC. It's not a crime to find yourself the cheating boyfriend/girlfriend. Redeem your character! This is what development is all about.

Friendly Lunatic

User Image
                                                                User Image

User Image

❛Everyone knows the girl who loves attention, the kid who couldn't care less, the boy with a bad xxx reputation, and the one who deserves better. Everyone has a story. This is theirs.❜

tab SETTING
                                                                    ๑◢ Location ∷ Willow, Illinois.
                                                                    ๑◢ Weather ∷ Sunny. 69 degrees Fahrenheit, and slowly dropping. Chance of snow tomorrow.
                                                                    ๑◢ Date/Time ∷ 10:00 AM. Saturday. February 14, 2015.

tab ABOUT WILLOW, IL
                                                                    The town was formed in the late 1800's. Nothing too special. There's not a lot of traffic most days, unless it's game night, and the opposing team comes through. In the center of town lies the shopping centers. There's a mall, a movie theater, an old drive-in theater that the original owner kept up and running, a couple locally owned diners, and much much more. Willow is small enough so everyone is familiar with each other, but big enough to avoid small town blues. Residents tell stories of haunted houses in the slums, the little girl who drowned in Old Peak river, and the celebrities who paid a visit to Rango's Diner. On the west side of the downtown area, there lies a set of old train tracks. Folks call that the "slums" of Willow. This is where the poorer residents live. On the east side of the downtown area is where the middle and upper class residents live. While there are plenty of differences, everyone goes to the same high school: Central Liberty High. Their mascot is an otter and their colors are green and silver. The motto: "Willow's fight never dies."

Friendly Lunatic

User Image
                                                                User Image

tab AKA the jocks, cheerleaders, student council, prom queen/king, famous, class clown, etc.
                                                    tab 4/5 Females. 1/5 Males.

tab User Image tab User Image tab User Image tab User Image tab User Image tab

tab The Poser ⋮ Richard Bennington ⋮Senior
                                                              tab The Overachiever ⋮ Carter Hemmings ⋮ Junior
                                                              tab The Hot Shot ⋮ Gareth Humphries ⋮ Senior
                                                              tab The Flirt ⋮ JJ Graham ⋮ Senior
                                                              tab The Military Brat ⋮ Tucker Grant ⋮ Senior
                                                              tab Title ⋮ Name ⋮ Grade

Friendly Lunatic

User Image
                                                                User Image

tab AKA the bad apples, stoners, bad girls, fighters, burnouts, troublemakers, etc.
                                                    tab 1/5 Females. 2/5 Males.

tab The Punk ⋮ Ajax Spencer ⋮ Senior
                                                              tab The Deviant ⋮ Francesca Harlow ⋮ Senior
                                                              tab The Badass ⋮ Bacchus Fitzgerald ⋮ Senior
                                                              tab The Scorpion Queen ⋮ Niko Ramsey ⋮ Senior
                                                              tab The MMA Fighter ⋮ McKenna Humphries ⋮ Junior
                                                              tab The Train Wreck ⋮ Tate Devries ⋮ Senior
                                                              tab The Witch ⋮ Rihannon Mercer ⋮ Junior
                                                              tab Title ⋮ Name ⋮ Grade

Friendly Lunatic

User Image
                                                                User Image

tab AKA the dorks, nerds, band kids, science club members, artists, activists, theater kids, gamers, etc.
                                                    tab 3/5 Females. 4/5 Males.

tab The Musician ⋮ Juno Blake ⋮ Junior
                                                              tab The Performer ⋮ Elijah Hart ⋮ Senior
                                                              tab The Gamer ⋮ Ezra Hart ⋮ Senior
                                                              tab The Space Cadet ⋮ Felix Desmond ⋮ Senior
                                                              tab Title ⋮ Name ⋮ Grade

Friendly Lunatic

User Image
        tab

User Image tab tab tab User Image

Friendly Lunatic

User Image
                                                                User Image

User Image
                                                            *send a PM if you would like to schedule an event

๑◢ Valentine's Day Dance at Willow Point Hotel ∷ Admission is $5 for the public, and $2 for students! There will be catering courtesy of Rango's Diner, and photos taken by the local newspaper. Doors will open at 5PM and close at midnight.

๑◢ Happy Hour at the White Rabbit ∷ Admission is $10. Must have ID or be stamped. Alcohol will be served until closing. Come watch local band Purple Gravity, as well as visiting bands: Westside Boyle Avenue, Connection Terminated, and Megabomb. Pizza is served at $1 a slice. Pop is $1 a bottle.

Friendly Lunatic

Friendly Lunatic

Friendly Lunatic

Friendly Lunatic

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items