lit level: lazy lit
    original idea by golden parachutes
    currently under construction
    User Image insterspacehereUser Image

better demons's Significant Otter

Tricky Prophet

User Image

User Image

• Our story begins in Hilltown, a fictional town located fifty miles outside Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
                                                          As you may or may not have guessed, it is in fact located on a hill. The town is small, but
                                                          different class types manage to exist regardless. At the top of the hill is Winchester Park, the
                                                          wealthy section of Hilltown. The people there tend to come from old money and reside in beautiful,
                                                          old Victorian style manors. The middle of Hilltown is Byberry, home of primarily middle working
                                                          class individuals. It is also the home to the majority of the shops in Hilltown. At the very bottom
                                                          of the hill, past the train tracks, is Harrowgate. Harrowgate is the least looked after of all the
                                                          sections of Hilltown and is home to those who are deemed more lower class. The people there
                                                          may work hard, but they just can not seem to move themselves up in the world.

Despite the town's small size, people never seem to run out of things to talk about, especially
                                                          with the town's interesting inhabitants. Our story follows the lives of eighteen of Hilltown's
                                                          residents, six from each area, ranging from seventeen to twenty two. Their stories are in
                                                          your hands. Each character or set of character has their own intertwining plot to keep our
                                                          town moving forward.

Tricky Prophet

User Image

User Image
                                                        • tab all about the basics
                                                          first off, all of the basics apply. this is gaia, so the roleplay must stay under the PG-13 rating.
                                                          there will be sex, underage drinking, drug use, and all of that fun stuff in this story. just please
                                                          be mindful that when your characters start preparing themselves to jump each other's bones that
                                                          you fade to black. don't take it to the private messages, as they are still a part of gaia. if you're
                                                          one of those people, go on skype or msn or something. i don't care. i just don't want it here.
                                                          second,this is a literate roleplay. i'm not asking for a specific word count or anything. just
                                                          make sure you have enough substance in your posts so that someone can reply to you. if
                                                          you just leave it hanging, then nobody knows what to write and it slows everything down
                                                          and then things die. i really don't want that to happen. i would love to see this roleplay actually
                                                          last for a long time. therefore, going along the same vein, please only join if you know that you
                                                          can stay dedicated. you wouldn't believe how often i have people join and then private message
                                                          me a few days later and suddenly decide they are too overwhelmed to continue. if you're in 14
                                                          other stories and taking a bunch of ap classes in school or are overloaded in college, i'll save
                                                          you the trouble: you're probably too busy.

tab all about your characters
                                                          i'm really not going to be too picky with face claims. i'm totally cool with expression. just make sure
                                                          we don't wind up with twenty thousand scene kids or whatever. i love them too, but we want differences.
                                                          also, please make sure they look their age. i also ask that you try to use people who aren't too too popular.
                                                          i don't want disney stars or 1D or 5SOS members in here. try to find somebody on tumblr or lookbook or
                                                          something to keep it interesting. also, lets try to get some differences in our stories, okay? nobody likes
                                                          marysues or garystues. it makes everything so much more interesting when everybody is original.
                                                          oh! keep in mind that the blurbs i posted above each character is more like a guide line. if you have
                                                          an idea that you think would work better, talk to me! post it in your reserve! i want you guys to make
                                                          these characters your own.

tab all about claiming
                                                          i'll be asking you to post your applications in a separate thread. the links will all be up shortly.when applying,
                                                          please make sure that you send in samples with your reserves. one final thing with reserves; i allow doubling,
                                                          but if you double you must have a male for every female you have. that means you can double with a male
                                                          and a male, but if you already playa girl, your second character must be a male. guys are the hardest people
                                                          to get in a roleplay and most of the time i wind up playing the extra males, so hopefully this will help.

tab all about everything else
                                                          i make profiles optional for most of my roleplays. if you decide that you want to do one for your character,
                                                          just send me the link and i will link it to your character's reserve picture so everybody can see it if they
                                                          so chose.

i make an ooc so that everybody can plot and such, so please take advantage of it. i know they tend
                                                          to move quickly and if you're subscribed to it, it makes it a lot easier to keep up to date on things that
                                                          may be going on in the story. if you are not active in the ooc, i promise you you will fall behind. i will
                                                          do my best to keep the things we plot for the whole story under the announcements, but sometimes
                                                          like that slip my mind.

Tricky Prophet

User Image

User Image

• xoxoxoxoxoxHOUSEone.
                                                    Her parents went through a really ugly divorce a year ago and it literally tore her family apart. Taking her father's side, she left her mother and younger sister behind in Byberry, moving to an big old house in Winchester Park. Despite still living in the same school district, being only a mile away from her old home, and seeing her sister and her mother several times a week, it is obvious that the divorce, and her choice to leave, has driven a wedge between her and her sister. Now she's trying to adjust to to her father's new wife, and the stepbrother she never wanted. Her stepbrother is used to being an only child, and having a stepsister or new father figure was never part of the plan. His mother was never very strict, so he is used to being able to do whatever he pleased. He has not responded to positively to his new stepfather trying to set some new rules in the house. Overall, there is a lot of tension in the house. These two should be between 17 and 18.
                                                    User Image
                                                    User Image

xoxoxoxoxoxHOUSEtwo.
                                                    Having graduated high school a year or two ago, her parents expected her to have some sort of plan for her future. She pulled great grades in high school, but seems to lack the motivation to go pursue further education, despite the constant pressure from her parents to be a doctor or a scientist or something to "make them proud". None of those fancy options really appeal to her, and neither does her parents' rich, uppity lifestyle. She wouldn't mind downgrading to Byberry and maybe opening up an artisan shop of some kind, but her parents would never hear of it, let alone support it. They're the kind of people who have no time for anybody deemed "below" them. Being a high school graduate, she should be between 19 - 21.
                                                    User Image

xoxoxoxoxoxHOUSEthree.
                                                    User Image

xoxoxoxoxoxHOUSEfour.
                                                    These two are recently engaged, but no relationship is perfect. He's been having a side fling, which is enough to ruin his name if he's caught. What's worse is that the side fling is with the maid, a girl from Harrowsgate. His wife-to-be was the queen bee throughout high school and she does not take to being second lightly. She's a bit of a gold digger, and feels she deserves to be treated like a queen. Does she know about his affair? Will she find out? Will he end his infidelity, or is he more in love with the girl from Harrowsgate than he realizes? These two are finished high school, so they should be between 19 and 22.
                                                    User Image
                                                    User Image

Tricky Prophet

User Image

User Image

• xoxoxoxoxoxHOUSEone.
                                                    Time to get sort of cliche. These two have been friends since they were kids. Their parents went to school together, and then they went to school together. All growing up they had to deal with the jokes about how they were just bound to end up together. They denied it vehemently, and it's been true. They dated different people all through high school, though she seems to have better luck in that department than him. Now, having just finished high school, they decided to get rent a house together. They have a pact to take a year off and work before heading to college, and what better way to save up than rooming with your best friend?! Living in closer quarters has started bringing up some feelings between them, though, or at least for him. He suddenly does not seem to mind the idea of the two of them together. But are his feelings one sided, or is she feeling the spark too? And how does her current boyfriend feel about her living with another guy, anyway? Being done with high school, they should be at least 18.
                                                    User Image
                                                    User Image

xoxoxoxoxoxHOUSEtwo.
                                                    Relatively new to Hilltown, she doesn't seem to grasp the concept of the things the townspeople deem acceptable. For someone who lived in Byberry, she spends an awful lot of time hanging around the misfits in Harrowgate. She's done pretty well with making friends since she's arrived in Hilltown, but will spending all that time in the shady part of town hurt her family's reputation? People are starting to talk about where she might have come from before Hilltown. Does she really belong in Byberry?
                                                    User Image

xoxoxoxoxoxHOUSEthree.
                                                    Competition is not a stranger to this house. The sons of a (washed up) college sports star, they have been expected to excel in anything they attempt. In efforts to earn their father's praise, the boys grew up constantly trying to outshine one another. Even after their father passed away, leaving them to be raised by their grandparents, their competitive nature ensued. Who has the better grades in college, who gets more tail, has the hotter girlfriend.... Everybody says that there is nothing wrong with a little friendly competition, but will it drive these twin boys apart?
                                                    User Image
                                                    User Image

xoxoxoxoxoxHOUSEfour.
                                                    She's been a bit of a mess this past year. Her sister older sister moved uptown with her father after a vicious divorce, and everything just seems to be upside down. While her father is happily remarried, or so it seems, she and her mother are struggling to pick up the pieces of their family. Her mom has not quite been the same since her dad and sister left, even losing her job after missing too many days of work. The doctors say it's depression. Taking care of her mom is difficult on her own, and she's been too stubborn and angry to reach out to her sister or father for help. On top of the drama at home, she's been cast as the lead in the community's theater production. Normally such great news would lift her spirits, but now she's wondering why she tried out to begin with, with so much going on in her life already. With all this stress on her shoulders, a girls gotta find a way to cope....right?
                                                    User Image

Tricky Prophet

User Image

User Image

• xoxoxoxoxoxHOUSEone.
                                                    The West family has been helping out the more unfortunate residents of Harrowsgate for years. A lot of people owe them thanks for their second chances, though they would never hear of taking credit. As of now, there are two teenagers who have found themselves taking up residency in the West house. Kian, an eighteen year old boy fresh out of juvenile hall whom Jamie has known for years, and a girl who has been kicked out of her Byberry home for her drug use. Jamie has offered them both a place to stay, given that they both keep their act clean. She's promised to stay clean, and Kian's sworn to stay out of trouble with the law, but can they keep those promises? Will Jamie be able to have any kind of personal life playing parent to two dependent teenagers?
                                                        User Image
                                                        User Image
                                                        User Image

xoxoxoxoxoxHOUSEtwo.
                                                        Deciding she had mooched off the couch of others for too long, she has finally rented her own place in Harrowsgate. While her bartending job pays well (you get great tips with a great rack), it was not enough on it's own. Despite being a rather proud individual, she found herself stooping to take a job cleaning a house up in Winchester Park, though it proved to have it's perks. While the pay itself was great, the owner of the house was even better, at least in the bedroom department. Despite the fact that he's engaged to be married, she can't help but love the thrill of sneaking around. It's not like it means anything. He's one of many and she's just looking for a good time. It's not like he's going to be the one to tie her down...
                                                        User Image

xoxoxoxoxoxHOUSEthree.
                                                        He's had Ivy League posters taped up in his room since Freshman year. He wants to be the first in his family to get to college, and he's got the brains and the grades to get him there. At the same time, it's just him and his old man. His father's income is barely enough to get them by without the added cost of college, and now he finds himself facing the decision on whether or not he should even bother burdening his father with the idea of college. His dad wants him to go, and he knows he'd be so proud to have a kid with a degree, since his older siblings never really amounted to much more than what they came from. A couple guys he knows have offered him a few ways to make some extra money, not all legal, and he's been thinking about it. He's a kid with a spotless record, and as long as he's careful it could stay that way. But is it worth it? Drug deals are a pretty shady business....
                                                        User Image

xoxoxoxoxoxHOUSEfour.
                                                        Her father was arrested early last year for armed robbery, making her family name the talk of the town. She and her father had never really gotten along, with him putting his addictions before her, so being moved from Byberry to her aunt and uncle's house in Harrowgate is probably the best thing that has ever happened to her, despite the drop in social status. Still, nobody seems willing to forget her father's stunt and she is often written off to be "just like him", merely because people are judgemental. Friends she used to have in Winchester Park & Byberry no longer associate with her, and while she never thought she would fit in with the miscreants in Harrowsgate, the very people she used to make fun of when she was a "cool kid", before her fall from grace, they are probably the least judgemental people she has ever met, which is a nice change.
                                                        User Image

Tricky Prophet

User Image

User Image

• descriptions and photos of the different areas to be found around town will be placed here shortly <3

Tricky Prophet

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                        • calender will go here

Tricky Prophet

User Image

• rumor has it will go here

Tricky Prophet

User Image

• announcements will go here.

Tricky Prophet

Tricky Prophet

Tricky Prophet

Tricky Prophet

Tricky Prophet

User Image

• open for posting!.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces