Anxious Hoarder

User Image
User Image
                        User Image

░░: OWNER: qi (miisuto)
                    ░░: MODERATOR: lu (ludeer)
                    ░░: GENRE: summer, vacation, slice of life, krp
                    ░░: LITERACY: lazy advanced lit
                    ░░: INSPIRATION: need for summer rp, 100+ degree weather, korean dramas, lu's tattoo
                    ░░: GRAPHICS AND CODING: miisuto
                    ░░: CREDITS: google for images and dafont for fonts

User ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

Anxious Hoarder

User Image
User Image

Jeju island, normally a tranquil and idyllic resort province populated only by locals, newlyweds and foreign tourists. It's the kind of place where things normally don't happen and things are the same day in and day out. This summer though, the peace and quiet is about to be disrupted. Why? The answer lies a few hours away on the South Korean mainland, at a very private institution called Hanyoung Foreign Language High School. The school is well known for producing highly gifted and talented students and extremely high percentages of its student body are regularly admitted into one of the SKY Universities (Seoul, Korea, or Yonsei).

This year's graduating class, though, has been particularly impressive. Nearly 50% of its students are matriculating overseas to schools such as the Ivy League, or equally prestigious institutions like Oxford and Cambridge. The class of 2014 has proven itself to have no equal in almost the rest of South Korea, and in light of that accomplishment arrangements have been made to give them a special sort of farewell.

The class of 2014 has just graduated with the usual pomp and circumstance given to all classes, but for months prior there had been secret talks within the administration and the student council to throw the class a kind of goodbye party they would never forget in light of their impressive achievements. It just so happened that two of the students, Cheon Minseok and his twin brother Cheon Taeseok, had recently rented a luxury villa at the Lotte Jeju Resort Art Villa on Jeju Island as a sort of congratulatory pat on the back. When the student council got wind of this, they asked if the twins would be willing to allow everyone in the senior class to go with them. They acquiesed immediately, and the idea was pitched to the class. The class decided unanimously as a whole that a long vacation on Jeju island would be the perfect place to enjoy the remnants of their high school career.

And that was how, with a few strings pulled here and there and everyone pitching in some money for the cause, the entirety of the picturesque Art Villa was booked for two month and set to be occupied by a rowdy and rambunctious group of seventeen and eighteen year olds. Everyone has already packed their numerous bags and suitcases and are boarding their planes, private jets and boats to the tiny island. Jeju Island may be a small place, but it has plenty to offer. So who's to say what's going to happen over the next two months?

Anxious Hoarder

User Image
User Image
            GENERAL

「☆⋮ follow gaia tos.
            「☆⋮ kindly keep in mind that this is a pg-13 site. if your characters want to do it, they’d better do it off this site.
            「☆⋮ play nice in the ooc. both lu and i want this rp to foster a friendly, inclusive environment so please keep the drama out. if for some reason you have a problem with a certain user, pm one of us about it and we’ll do our best to fix the situation. do not try to stir up drama in the ooc by complaining about your problems. we’ll definitely kick you out.
            「☆⋮ no stealing. no stealing graphics, characters, writing, concept, coding, etc. if we find out you took something from this thread without permission, you’ll be reported and i will aikido throw you off the empire state building and lu will set the mexican mafia on you.
            「☆⋮ if you’re caught breaking any rules, you’re out immediately. no excuses. i don’t tolerate any crap around here.
            「☆⋮ once you've read all the rules and are ready to apply, please post a gif of your favorite kpop idol in a spoiler at the bottom of your application so that i know you've read the rules.

POSTING

「☆⋮ this rp is advanced lit, which translates to roughly 500 words per post or perhaps 5 solid paragraphs. if you’re feeling creative and want to go over, feel free to, but know that you’re probably typing too much if your word count goes over 1500.
            「☆⋮ with that said, quality over quantity is always a must. i don’t want to read 300+ words about your character’s shoes. they probably do have nice shoes, but what’s it matter?
            「☆⋮ since it’s summer, i’m going to require you to post 1-2 times a week at the minimum. as always, feel free to go over.
            「☆⋮ please proofread your posts and double check for grammar and spelling. i’m not usually a grammar nazi, but i do expect a solid foundation in english. if you have any doubts about whether you’re writing something correctly or not, copy and paste your post in a word document. odds are word will catch your errors if you can’t.
            「☆⋮ your posts must follow the rules and conventions of standard english. do not write anything in another language (unless you provide translations somewhere) and do not write things like “2night”, “bcuz”, “4eva”, “1ce”, or whatever other weird abbreviations people use these days...
            「☆⋮ no excessive cursing. if your character’s a little rough in demeanor, fine, throw in a few words every now and then. but the f-word had better not be in every single sentence.
            「☆⋮ pretty graphics are preferred but not required. if you have neither the skill nor the means to make a graphic and don’t have the gold to pay for someone else to do it for you, do not attempt it. a simple square graphic will do. also, do not use obnoxious colors or flood your graphics and coding with symbols and glitter and superfluous junk.

CHARACTERS

「☆⋮ the characters in this rp are all 17-18, so please make sure that your face claim can pull off the look of a high schooler!
            「☆⋮ the majority of the characters are korean which means that if your character is ethnically korean, your model must ALSO be ethnically korean. don’t slap a chinese fc onto a korean character or vice versa. i'm gonna judge you hard for that.
            「☆⋮ with that said, you may have non-korean characters. however, bear this in mind: south korea is one of the most ethnically homogeneous countries in the world. if your character isn’t korean, he/she is most likely going to be chinese or japanese. if you really want to play a character that isn’t east asian, ask one of us. we’ll probably approve if you have a solid and feasible idea.
            「☆⋮ so who should you use for your face claim you ask? anybody really! however, i strongly encourage lesser known models instead of the regurgitated kim woobin, lee minho, kim tae hee, etc. so yes, you can use someone from girls generation. you can use someone from exo, or super junior or whatever. as long as they can pull off your character’s feel.
            「☆⋮ that last part’s important. your face claim should match your character’s demeanor and personality. if you tell me that yu hamin is supposed to be a super adorable airhead, i’m going to laugh at you.
            「☆⋮ PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE develop your character. i hate one dimensional characters. i hate mary sues and gary stu. i hate the 'little miss perfect' who speaks 20 languages and plays 10 instruments (ok they're from a language school so if your character knows like, 5 i might be able to stretch my mind to it. but please no more than 5. you'd really be pushing it there)
            「☆⋮ i have the right to reject your face claim if i don’t think it’s appropriate for your character.
            「☆⋮ you may have more than one character, so long as you can keep up and give equal attention to all of them. however, if you take two female roles, then you must take a male role next and vice versa to keep the gender balance.
            「☆⋮ i’m okay with you introducing sensitive subjects (ie. disease, abuse, whatnot) so long as you adequately know how to portray them! it makes me really uncomfortable if it’s not done right.
            「☆⋮ ...not all characters can be gay. i’m going to throw that out right now because so many roleplays i’ve been in have had like, thirty gay men running around. i don’t have anything against it, but please be reasonable.

APPLYING:
            「☆⋮ i bet you just jumped right to this section. fine whatever, i’ll be able to tell if you’ve read the other rules or not. so in order to apply, you need to go to the apps thread that is linked in the first post.
            「☆⋮ fill out the background check that is there. don’t worry, lu and i are already quoted in the app.
            「☆⋮ when you are approved, you will have 72 hours to complete the profile. please complete the profile in a separate test thread and link it in the ooc and quote both of us when you are done. you don't have to color the profile, but if you're inclined to do so, we won't stop you.
            「☆⋮ if you fail to submit the profile before your deadline, your character will be removed and you will have to reapply.

Anxious Hoarder

User Image
User Image

Located in Seogwipo in the south of Jeju Island and a mere 20 minutes from Jeju International Airport, the Lotte Jeju Resort Art Villa is a sprawling complex of double story villas envisioned and designed by world renowned architects such as Yi Jongho and Dominique Perrault. The buildings are a skillful blend of art and design, and feature Jeju’s beautiful scenery as an elegant backdrop. The villas all contain 4 bedrooms each with two beds, 4 washrooms, fully equipped kitchens, living rooms, and dining areas all decorated with luxury, state of the art furnishings. The villa complex is divided into 5 blocks, A through D, each with their own particular style. Each student will choose where he or she wants to live and will occupy the house with 5 of his/her peers. The houses will be co-ed while each of the two person bedrooms are single sex. (Click on the images to see an in-depth, virtual tour of every block)

User ImagexxxUser ImagexxxUser ImagexxxUser Imagexxx

Anxious Hoarder

User Image
User Image

The architecture of Block A is marked by vertical and horizontal planes accentuated by the surrounding environment of Jeju's topography. The line connecting Mount Halla with Jeju's ocean is used as the main design motif, and the balance between vertical and horizontal lines results in a quiet simplicity.

01/04 females taken;; 02/04 males taken

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Anxious Hoarder

User Image
User Image

Block B is considered to be the epitome of uniqueness. The architecture is comprised almost exclusively of circles, designed to resemble the bubbles that frequently rise from Jeju's sea. All the rooftops are covered by grass to give a sense of freshness, and the building also possesses a courtyard.

04/04 males taken;; 03/04 females taken

Anxious Hoarder

User Image
User Image

Block C's expansive windows and outdoor terraces provide an excellent view of Jeju's natural surroundings and possesses its own beautiful garden for the guests to explore. It is said that occupying this villa makes the inhabitant more attuned to nature. All the rooms inside the villa are modeled after some aspect of the environment.

02/04 females taken;; 03/04 males taken

Anxious Hoarder

User Image
User Image

Block D's architecture elegantly combines a cul-de-sac type form with beautiful pillar shaped joint patterns, giving the building an overall comfortable but stately feel. The house is modeled after Jeju's oreums and most of its furnishings and wallpapers are extremely traditional and exudes an exotic ambience.

02/04 females taken;; 04/04 males taken

Anxious Hoarder

User Image
User Image

Jeju may be a tiny island in size, but it has plenty of things to see and do. The island possesses an extremely reliable bus system that will relay its residents pretty much all around the island for a flat fee. So quit mulling around in the villa, pack your bag, and go out and see the sights! No matter your interests, there's definitely something for you!

User ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
            User Image

Anxious Hoarder

Anxious Hoarder

Anxious Hoarder

Anxious Hoarder

Anxious Hoarder

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items