Welcome to Gaia! ::

you're joining.

yes i am. 1 100.0% [ 15 ]
Total Votes:[ 15 ]
1 2 >

Mind-boggling Belly-burster

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Empty Nest syndrome refers to the grief that many parents feel when their children move out of the house. It’s bound to happen to anyone with grown children.

It certainly did with the Donahues.

Once their youngest daughter moved out, it didn’t take long for the symptoms to start showing. They tried their best to stay in contact with their children, but it didn’t seem to help. Mrs. Donahue was still a mother and she still had plenty of love to give. That’s when Mr. Donahue got the idea to rent out their children's old rooms. After all, couldn't let those rooms go to waste. So they sent in an ad and hoped someone would answer. They were astounded at how many people showed interest, but they could only take in six. Deciding was hard and background checks were made, but they eventually settled on six young adults. The six were surprised they got chosen out of many recipients, and now they were living under the same roof with a some of old folk. Go figure.

This is a lighthearted and fun role play in the form of a comedy. Here I want everyone to have a good time. I know people will want romance (I’m definitely guilty of this) and to stir up some drama, and it will probably end up happening, but I don't want it to be the main focus and the only reason why people join. The main point of this role play is the hilarious interactions these characters have with each other and whatever adventures they go on. If you have any questions or concerns, please message me or quote me at least.

This is a literate role play. That means good grammar, spelling, and punctuation. There’s no maximums or minimums to adhere to in this role-play; if I like your samples then you're in and you be the judge of how much you should post. All I ask is that you provide the people that you’re role playing with something proper to respond to. Just know that I don't expect anyone to put out 1000 words per post (I know I won't). Let’s jam pack those posts full of fun interactions and interesting happenings! Your posts should be pretty, but a picture, a name, and color will suffice. Always try to aim for simple! Also try to avoid clutter and center aligning your post.

When constructing your character, please THINK before you DO. Their past can be goofy, but make it believable too. Make these characters realistic, but make them quirky and interesting too! They have flaws, but they have perfections too. Try to avoid super sob stories where your character is getting raped, suffering from an eating disorder, and being taken advantage by everyone they’ve ever met. Those kind of characters just won’t fit in this setting. On that note, characters with eating disorders or drug problems will be denied. Sorrynotsorry. Also if your character is a jerk, don't have them making cookies for everyone. I'm all about that character development, but do try to stay in character.

You’ve been given some guidelines about these characters to follow, but they’re not much. They don’t really have anything to do with personality. It’s just me describing the character to you. I do hope you expand on these guidelines and make the character your own. I don’t care who you use as a face claim, but please make sure they match the role and age you’re playing, and that they have plenty of gifs. (If the model you want to use doesn't have gifs, tell me and we can work something out.) I don’t want a super hunky model playing a geek. I don't want a 16 year old playing a 21 year old or a 40 year old playing a 21 year old. If the characters are siblings/family, try your best to find a model so the characters look remotely related. Also since I know romance will end up happening, try to avoid making all the boys gay. Straight people need love too. I also want a diverse cast of characters (especially the new tenants and extras). Not everyone is going to be white (or asian), gay or 21 years old. I'm not saying your character can't be any of these things, I just don't want a influx. If we start getting the same everything, I will put a cap on it. I'm really serious about diversity, since role plays lack it for some reason.

So the moment we’ve all been waiting for: getting a spot! All you have to do is fill out the app and post it in the app thread. Do not send it to me via message or I will delete it. Please include your samples as well. This is not first come first serve, so if someone applies for a role you also want don't hesitate to apply! I'm usually not very picky, but I will be this time around. After you’ve been accepted, there will a profile. This is so people can get a better understanding of your character. You have 3 days to complete the profile. Once it’s been completed and I've checked over it in the application thread, post it in the profile thread. If your profile goes past its due date and you have not alerted me that it'll be late, I will open up your spot and possibly give it to the next person that applied for it. I want dedicated people who can post as often as they can. I advise not to join if you’re really busy with school or work.

Remember to be as active as you can and keep up with everything. Try your best to post in the OOC for plotting and such. When we plot, try to plot with everyone. I understand everyone may not interact, but you never know. Do not break off into 1x1s and ignore others, make a Skype or pirate pad chat (because not everyone has or likes them), or basically go off anywhere that isn't the OOC. This is a group role play, so we will plan things as a group. I really want everyone to have fun and be as funny as can be. Let's make this last!

User Image

You’ve been married for years now and within those wonderful years you raised six wonderful children, all of which moved on to pursue different careers. Unfortunately, you developed that feeling that most parents face within their lifetime: empty nest syndrome. It’s not a serious condition and it doesn’t last long. At least for you, Mr. Donahue, it didn’t last long. For you, Mrs. Donahue, it seems as if it’s just beginning. While there are many ways to cope, it seems that renting out your home to struggling young adults is your way of doing it.

User Image
          xxXXXxxxx MR. DONAHUE
          xxXX ( MICHAEL CRAIG DONAHUE ) X ( FIFTY-FIVE ) X ( MALE ) X ( #A77227 ) X ( COLIN FIRTH ) X ( NPC )

XXXX you always wanted nothing more than happiness for your wife and kids.

XXXX you especially wanted happiness for your wife, she means a lot to you.

XXXX it was your idea to rent out your home to strangers, and now you're not too sure.

User Image
          xxXXXxxxx MRS. DONAHUE
          xxXX ( HEATHER AMELIA DONAHUE ) X ( FIFTY-FOUR ) X ( FEMALE ) X ( #902509 ) X ( JULIANNE MOORE ) X ( NPC )

XXXX you quit your job as a grief counselor in order to take care of the kids.

XXXX too bad your kids moved out one by one and you developed empty nest syndrome.

XXXX but your husband had a brilliant idea in renting out the home, and you love him for it.

User Image

In every young adult’s life, there always seems to be that moment when said life just doesn’t go your way; whether it be from difficulty finding a job, falling behind on your apartment's rent, or some petty family issue. For you individual six, life somehow brought you to answering the Donahues’ ad on renting out six rooms in their home formerly belonging to their children. Many showed interest and for some reason, you were the lucky six to get accepted. You all have different reasons for answering the ad, and whatever those reasons may or may not be, there’s no doubt that this is your home now.

*21+ means 21 and older, though try to stay within them being twenty somethings

User Image
          xxXXXxxxx THE FREELOADER
          xxXX ( THORNTON CODY BRACE ) X ( TWENTY-TWO ) X ( MALE ) X ( HETEROSEXUAL ) X ( THOMAS BRODIE-SANGSTER ) X ( COMIKAN )

XXXX you got kicked out of your apartment because you refused to pay rent – and get a job.

XXXX so you didn't hesitate to take advantage of this nice couple's offer.

XXXX you haven't changed one bit though, and you still don't have a job.

User Image
          xxXXXxxxx THE VOICE OF REASON
          xxXX ( EVELYN NAM ) X ( TWENTY-TWO ) X ( FEMALE ) X ( HETEROSEXUAL ) X ( PARK SORA ) X ( M Y S T E R II G H O S T )

XXXX you try to talk sense into people as best as you can.

XXXX it's too bad you go unheard half the time. you give good advice.

XXXX you had a falling out with your roommate and decided to move out.

User Image
          xxXXXxxxx THE GEEK
          xxXX ( MILO LLOYD FERGUSON ) X ( TWENTY-THREE ) X ( MALE ) X ( HETEROEXUAL ) X ( DONALD GLOVER ) X ( PHLOID )

XXXX you're the exact definition of a geek; tall, dorky glasses, and socially inept.

XXXX you don't seem to have much luck with the ladies, or love in general.

XXXX your parents kicked you out of their house, only to live with someone else's parents.

User Image
          xxXXXxxxx THE BEAUTY
          xxXX ( IRINA ROSE RAMIREZ ) X ( TWENTY-FOUR ) X ( FEMALE ) X ( HETEROSEXUAL ) X ( SARA SAMPAIO ) X ( CABINED )

XXXX you've always relied on your looks to get you far in life.

XXXX you want to be famous, but you don't have any talent whatsoever.

XXXX your father cut off you off financially and you were forced to move out of your condo.

User Image
          xxXXXxxxx THE JERK
          xxXX ( MASON HUNTER MATTHEWS ) X ( TWENTY-FOUR ) X ( MALE ) X ( BISEXUAL ) X ( DANIEL SHARMAN ) X ( THE IMPOSSIBLE FII )

XXXX why you gotta be so rude? you never have anything nice to say.

XXXX it's a surprise you didn't turn down the donahue's offer and then spit in their face.

XXXX but hey, you'll be staying with some hot girls. what's to complain about?

User Image
          xxXXXxxxx THE ODDBALL
          xxXX ( NAOMI ANN KOHL ) X ( TWENTY-TWO ) X ( FEMALE ) X ( BISEXUAL ) X ( CAREY MULLIGAN ) X ( ARKENDRAI )

XXXX you're so strange, people think you were dropped on your head.

XXXX you always think outside the box, considering you're a cartoonist.

XXXX why you answered the donahue's ad is a mystery to everyone else, even you.

User Image

Ah, so you’re the little birds who learned to spread to their wings and fly out of the cuckoos nest. One by one you were born and one by one you were moving out. You’re as close as siblings can be, but your personalities couldn’t be any more different. After all, you all moved out at different times and even pursued different careers. It seems different is the best way to describe you all. In fact, you all even have different views on those random strangers living with your parents. Whether you agree with it or don’t, they’re not moving out any time soon.

*hair color can be either red, dirty blonde, or brunette; eye color doesn't matter

User Image
          xxXXXxxxx THE POLICE OFFICER
          xxXX ( WESLEY ALEXANDER DONAHUE ) X ( TWENTY EIGHT ) X ( MALE ) X ( STRAIGHT ) X ( DAN STEVENS ) X ( SMILE C I E L )

XXXX as the oldest son, you're protective of your younger siblings.

XXXX you also are protective of others, which is why you're a cop.

XXXX as a cop, you're not too keen on strangers living with your parents.

User Image
          xxXXXxxxx THE NURSE
          xxXX ( PEYTON MARIE DONAHUE ) X ( TWENTY-SIX ) X ( FEMALE ) X ( HETEROSEXUAL ) X ( HOLLAND RODEN ) X ( X---RACHELRICOCHET )

XXXX you were popular, top of your class, and valedictorian.

XXXX despite that, you decided to settle on just being a nurse.

XXXX you’re definitely against those strangers living with your parents.

User Image
          xxXXXxxxx THE INVENTOR
          xxXX ( TATE ANTHONY DONAHUE ) X ( TWENTY-FIVE ) X ( MALE ) X ( HETEROSEXUAL ) X ( MATTHEW GRAY GUBLER ) X ( CABINED )

XXXX out of all your siblings, you’re definitely the most creative.

XXXX it’s too bad none of your inventions pique anyone’s interest.

XXXX you care more about that than strangers living with your parents.

User Image
          xxXXXxxxx THE REPORTER
          xxXX ( CALLIE DIANNA DONAHUE ) X ( TWENTY-THREE ) X ( FEMALE ) X ( HETEROSEXUAL ) X ( NINA A. ) X ( LATE NIGHT COFFEE )

XXXX as the middle child, you often went unnoticed sometimes.

XXXX your gossiping ways definitely got you some attention though.

XXXX now rumor has it your parents invited strangers into their home.

User Image
          xxXXXxxxx THE PHOTOGRAPHER
          xxXX ( FRANKLIN OLIVER DONAHUE ) X ( TWENTY-TWO ) X ( MALE* ) X ( PANSEXUAL ) X ( CALEB LANDRY JONES ) X ( NERDBUTT ELMO )

XXXX photography was your only means of expressing yourself.

XXXX you have a bad habit of taking pictures at inappropriate times.

XXXX you’re not sure what to make of your parents' living situation.

User Image
          xxXXXxxxx THE ACTRESS
          xxXX ( PIPER ELISE DONAHUE ) X ( TWENTY ) X ( FEMALE ) X ( HETEROSEXUAL ) X ( ALEXIA FAST ) X ( GEE WHILIKERS )

XXXX you were the last child to be born and the last to move out.

XXXX you're a good actress, but you aren't getting a lot of roles.

XXXX you surprisingly do not have a problem with the new people.

User Image

You’re the extras that don’t seem to fit with the other character slots, but that doesn’t make you any less important. You’re the neighbors, friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, exes, whatever! You help with moving the story along and getting in on the wacky mishaps. You’re any age and race you want to be, but there’s only six of you so let’s hope you’re well worth it.

*Boyfriend/girlfriend/exes roles require permission from the other role player.

xxXXXxxxx THE MECHANIC
          xxXX ( ALEXANDER MITCHELL MILLER ) X ( TWENTY-FIVE ) X ( MALE ) X ( HETEROSEXUAL ) X ( MICHAEL J. ) X ( LATE NIGHT COFFEE )

XXXX you've been living with your two roommates for three years now.

XXXX you seem to be able to fix and build anything so you moonlight as the local handyman, too.

XXXX clearly good with your hands, you play three different instruments and like to play gigs at Angel's Hall.

User Image
          xxXXXxxxx THE FREE SPIRIT
          xxXX ( MANDALA QUINN PTOLEMA ) X ( TWENTY - FOUR ) X ( FEMALE ) X ( PANSEXUAL ) X ( NAZANIN MANDI ) X ( THIRTYSPACECHICKENS-GO )

XXXX you traveled to new york all the way from nevada on a whim.

XXXX you enjoy spoken word, but your real passion lies in theatre and musical numbers!

XXXX you moved into your new apartment two weeks ago and you've just finished memorizing the surrounding areas.

User Image
          xxXXXxxxx THE PROFESSOR
          xxXX ( CHRISTOPH JOACHIM CROSS ) X ( THIRTY FOUR ) X ( MALE ) X ( BISEXUAL ) X ( CHARLIE DAY ) X ( SMILE C I E L )

XXXX you’ve recently broken up with your fiancé and moved across the country to avoid him.

XXXX you’re an adjunct professor for computer sciences and telecommute as an ethical hacker on the side.

XXXX you should really be on medication for bipolar disorder, but haven't noticed.

User Image
          xxXXXxxxx THE BARTENDER
          xxXX ( LUNA TUESDAY SOMERSBY ) X ( TWENTY-FOUR ) X ( FEMALE ) X ( PANSEXUAL ) X ( CHLOE NORGAARD ) X ( PHLOID )

XXXX you're a struggling musician, getting by bartending and playing gigs at Angel's Hall.

XXXX you're a huge free spirit and fan of using "herbal" inspirations to create your music.

XXXX you grew up in a small town but left a few years ago and now live in an apartment nearby.

User Image
          xxXXXxxxx THE CAFE WAITER
          xxXX ( AIDEN MORGAN HALSTAD ) X ( TWENTY-SIX ) X ( MALE ) X ( PANSEXUAL ) X ( DYLAN BRUCE ) X ( THE IMPOSSIBLE FII )

XXXX you're currently working at espresso yourself.

XXXX you're trying to save up enough money to open up your own restaurant.

XXXX you are currently living out of your car to save expenses.

User Image
          xxXXXxxxx THE BARISTA
          xxXX ( GRACE ELISABETH CAMPBELL ) X ( TWENTY-FIVE ) X ( FEMALE ) X ( BISEXUAL ) X ( IMOGEN POOTS ) X ( X---RACHELRICOCHET )

XXXX you moved from Hammersmith, London when you were fourteen and lived in New York ever since.

XXXX you try to scrape up some money for art school in hopes of gaining the talent to get your own comic off the ground.

XXXX you've somehow landed the managers position at the local café despite your obvious attitude problem.

SETTING

• Buffalo, New York

JanuaryxxFebruaryxxMarchxxAprilxxMayxxJunexxJulyxxAugustxxSeptemberxxOctoberxxNovemberxxDecember

MondayxxTuesdayxxWednesdayxxThursdayxxFridayxxSaturdayxxSunday

00x00x00x00x01x02x03
                          04x05x06x07x08x09x10
                          11x12x13x14x15x16x17
                          18x19x20x21x22x23x24
                          25x26x27x28x29x30x31

DawnxxMorningxxAfternoonxxEveningxxTwilightxxNightxxMidnight

SunnyxxPartly CloudyxxCloudyxxRainyxxWindyxxStormyxxSnowing

WHAT'S HAPPENING
                          coming soon

from left to right : the house, the living room, the kitchen, the dining room, the master bathroom, the bathroom 1, bathroom 2, the study, the back porch

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

from left to right : the empty nesters bedroom, the freeloader's bedroom, the voice of reason's bedroom, the geek's bedroom, the beauty's bedroom, the jerk's bedroom, the oddball's bedroom

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

if you have a suggestion, like where your character works or lives for example, please provide a picture, what the establishment is, and the name of the location then send it to me.

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

angel's hall is a bar and espresso yourself is a cafe

reserved

reserved

reserved

reserved

reserved

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces