Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Recruitment Thread
                      A Group Roleplay Inspired By the movie Elysium - do not have to have seen the movie to be a part of the roleplay
                      Literacy: Lazy-Lit.
                      Links: IC
User Image

In the late 21st century, Earth was diseased, polluted and vastly overpopulated. Earth's wealthiest inhabitants fled the planet to preserve their way of life while the rest were forced to stay on earth despite it's conditions. It's 2154, and a small number of people reside on a luxurious space habitat called Elysium, but the vast majority of the human race live on an overpopulated and devastated Earth. Elysium's citizens live in absolute comfort and regularly use medical devices called Med-Bays to cure any disease and injury, even reverse the aging process or give themselves whole new bodies and faces. The people on Earth do not have access to the Med-Bays and live amongst ruins that were destroyed.

Things were peaceful for those who lived on Elysium for years. The government allowed those on Earth to at least live despite the conditions. However, a coup d 'etat occurred a few years ago and things haven't been the same. The government began to clear out sectors of the Earth in hopes that one day the best of the human race could one day return to Earth. This meant that they were slowly destroying what was left of the buildings and human life on earth. People were forced underground or anywhere that they wouldn't be caught by the government. The people on Elysium, for the most part, do not know how things have changed, believing that they are just as they have always as been.

- - - - -

Our story takes place under President Delacourt's rule due to a roothless coup d'état that she planned that rebooted the whole system on Elysium. Sectors of the earth are being cleaned out by scientists and soldiers who are forced to go to Earth and clean and rebuild. This is because Elysim, the spaceship, is beginning to malfunction and is deemed no longer livable. Delacourt believes most of the human race on Earth to have been wiped out from the first renovations and will continue to hunt them down until they are gone. However, as previously stated, many are living underground. In fact, many luxurious centers for those who lived on Elysium are being built at this moment. Only a few weeks until everyone on Elysium makes their way to Earth for good, and the Earth Inhabitants will stop at nothing to keep their home. There are rumors of small rebellion groups starting to pick up amongst them.
User Image

xxxxl i t e r a c y
                          ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

This is a lazy lit roleplay, so I'm really expecting a minimum of three paragraphs written in third person. I want this to be as active as possible, so if I don't hear from you in three days, whether that be in the ooc or in the IC, then I will pm you asking if you're still interested. If I don't have a response within two days, you'll be out.

xxxxc h a r a c t e r s

Characters are completely up to you. There will be an even number from Elysium and an even number from Earth. I would prefer popular face claims (i.e. celebrities, models) and am requiring a good amount of character growth. I don't want the same type of character repeated, really. Everyone has flaws and no one's perfect especially when you come from Elysium or Earth. I think it'd be interesting if some of our characters connected. For example, if someone was related to the President of Elysium. Just thoughts.

You're allowed to have two characters, though one must be female and the other male. Also, if you're character is from the Earth, don't make them look all glamorous because they are actually quite the opposite of that.

xxxx r e s e r v e s / p r o f i l e s

A reserve will be sent directly to me x7dreamer with the title of either "Elysium Citizen" or "Earth Inhabitant" depending on your character. Please add samples to your reserve. I'll be able to tell you haven't read the rules if you don't. Profiles will be posted in a thread that I create, that way you will be able to edit relationships and such as the roleplay goes on.

xxxx o c c

Plotting is extremely important in this roleplay, so I really expect all of you to be active in the ooc and adding to the relationships portion of your profile. I will also be using the ooc as a way to ask you all about plot ideas, yours are welcome too!

xxxx r o m a n c e

I think that romance is crucial to any roleplay, really. However, this roleplay is not centered around it. It's about surviving especially for those who live on earth and the difference between all the characters who come from different places. But a little forbidden romance never hurt anyone!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff