Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Tenant

User Image
User ImageHello, hello, fascinating puppet. And welcome -- to Hearthglow Mansion!

The time has come once again for my pre-anniversary festivities.
But why do the festivities stop on the actual date of birth, you wonder?
Well don’t you think I have got better things to do than clean up after guests on that very day?

Strutting around me with your chest out and your head held high says you have earned the invitation to make your entrée into this particular piece of real estate.
A little old mansion away from humanity’s prying eyes, away from the hustle and bustle and comforting mantles of glamour. Effectively God’s blind spot.
Where near-Baroque luxury, infinite books, antiques, upper-class drinks and lusty dark crimsons take over the modern world you just abandoned.
And if you’ve merely stumbled upon my humble abode by chance, allow me to relieve that pressure dripping off your weary shoulders.
Black velvets, Bellinis, Martinis and Cosmopolitans are among the few awaiting my guests after their long travels this first week of September, as well as seven beds.
But there may be something else awaiting you.. Just be very careful of what you allow to infiltrate your consciousness.

Oh. One more thing~
The kitchen and east wing hallway are locked for your own good.
Enjoy~

Demonic Tenant

Last year it had been one of his helping attendants that scribbled the correspondence this time of year. It had been quite flamboyant, so to say. It was with this incentive in his mind that he had decided to set quill to parchment himself.
As Verloki sat down at his desk he pulled some blank parchment in front of him. In the desk drawers he discovered bright quills of the likes no one would ever see in a classroom.
Vivid azure, sparkling amethyst and toxic green stood out quite shockingly against the dark wood of the surface as he laid them down. He picked up a quill. This one was crimson feathered in color, with a gold colored nib.
He had just started to form words in his head. It was time for his first task of the day.

And with that the redheaded male dipped his quill into the awaiting inkpot and bowed his head over the parchment. Before finishing he summoned one of his most trusted servants.

As the creature immediately descended the hallway stairs it could hear the distinct sound of a quill making steady progress across parchment.
The high backed chair blocked most of its line of sight, though as the creature drew closer the sound of the quill scratching against what seemed to be a letter gave a clue as to the master's activities.

The arrival of his servant breaking the trancelike state he had slipped into. He rounded the desk to stand in front of it, a smirk playing around his mouth as two sets of eyes now looked at his expectantly.
It was a ferret with snowy white colored fur and a grey tipped tail. Its eyes were a cerulean blue and nose an adorable salmon pink.

"Ah Jinx, excellent. I've some special mail to be delivered if you please. I suggest the W.M. mailing service for a swift expedition, mmm?"

Within less than a minute the little creature had transfigured into a common adult human male. Snowy white locks cradling his face as the rest of the thick hair was pulled back into a wavy, bushy ponytail.

"Jinx will be happy to do that sir!"

Verloki turned back to the crackling fire in the fireplace, his face hidden from view. He peered curiously at the pocket watch he had removed from a pocket.
In the meantime the little ferret had transformed back into its original form. A filled black envelope with a vibrant shine clinging to the leather collar he was now wearing as he galloped away.

User Image

Demonic Tenant

This F.A.Q. will lay down the basics to which we all should abide.
If anything else crosses your mind do not hesitate to ask~
I would rather answer your questions than have you stay away and miss the festivities, mm?

User Image

Demonic Tenant

Demonic Tenant

User Image
Quote:
The invitations are send swiftly by means of WMail.

User Image
Quote:
Hearthglow Mansion opens its doors for festivities!
Welcome friends and newcomers!

User Image
Quote:
A shock for all the guests!
A lurking presence haunted the hallway, near the east wing's locked door:

Lurking Presence
“…”
A lurking presence haunts the area with a bone-chilling cold.

It took a time to appear as a shadowy ghost, hovering eerily in the middle of the busy lounge, unaffected by the surroundings.

It wiggled a seemingly bony finger to beckon the guests to follow.
Then retreats slowly through a wall, hovering around the locked door to the east wing.

(Somehow you know a riddling event has started. Welcome to Verloki’s 2014 birthday event!)

User Image

Quote:
Oh no! It seems the door to the forbidden wing needs to be forced open!

Lurking Presence

"..."
Ominous vibes flood the hallway. Whether it is the lurking presence or the forbidden wing you do not know.
As it seems the door to the forbidden hallway is shut tight. Without the presence of a key it will have to be rammed open.

If one wishes to continue a test of strength is required.

(Roll the dice,
one ten-sided should suffice.
If you don't hit ten,
begin again.
If you hit 10 the door is broken,
and watch as it bursts open!)

User Image

Quote:
The door finally gave way!
But what's this? No treasures but only a locked strongbox of sorts?
There must be a clue as to what the six needed letters are..
Obviously to be continued!..

User Image

Quote:
An entertaining time of drinks, chatter, sleep and annoying fairies had warmed up the residence.
Except for the lurking presence, who would never be warm, or entertained!

A small piece of paper blew through the forbidden hall.
Tumbling and rustling its way about. Those interested enough to pick it up would see a puzzling riddle...
Perhaps the answer would open the weird strongbox?

¤¤¤¤
¤¤¤¤
¤¤¤¤

¤¤¤¤¤¤
¤¤¤¤
¤¤¤¤¤

¤
¤
¤

¤¤¤¤¤
¤¤¤¤
¤¤

¤¤
¤¤
¤

¤
¤¤
¤

User Image

Quote:
Although his inbox seemed to be filled, most of the messages were questions instead of answers.
Time began to tick to find a way to open the strongbox, as the mansion would close down after Verloki's birthday.

If, in the end, no one would be able to single-handedly open the strongbox, they would do it together.
This means that its contents will be split among guests unless the riddle is solved in-time.

User Image

Quote:
Guests slowly left the mansion ..
After which a servant reported a missing blanket and went looking for the thief. Do I even need to ask?

No one managed to solve the riddle on their own and gifts had to be shared!
The lurking presence hasn't found its peace yet..

For those who participated in the thread: A big thank you!
Gifts will be on their way soon!

Demonic Tenant

Answer to the strongbox riddle

¤¤¤¤
¤¤¤¤
¤¤¤¤
= 12 = L

¤¤¤¤¤¤
¤¤¤¤
¤¤¤¤¤
= 15 = O

¤
¤
¤
= 3 = C

¤¤¤¤¤
¤¤¤¤
¤¤
= 11 = K

¤¤
¤¤
¤
= 5 = E

¤
¤¤
¤
= 4 = D

The correct answer being: LOCKED

Demonic Tenant

Prize winners:

~Everyone!

With a little extra for the ..
Top 3 Game Event Participators

3. Hikaruuu - gaia_star
The first to notice the lurking presence, he later attempted to incinerate the door up until exhaustion.

2. La Harlin - gaia_star gaia_star
Spending his night trying to beat down the door like a macho man and losing out to a little boy.
Also took a good look at the strongbox riddle.

1. Malice Vin - gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star
Trying to bash in the door with heels, ..then 'blowing' it open angrily. Amazing.
He also tried to solve the strongbox riddle, but was too hard on himself.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff