❝ sometimes you have to lose it all
    to know how much you had before you had to fall
    I will never lose you again
    I couldn’t take the pain
    sun shines brightest
    after the rain
    after the rain

discordia

discordiaRyder poured the champagne into the crystal glass and watched it mix in with the creme de cassis that was already in there. It wasn’t his first drink that day and he doubted that it would be his last. It technically didn’t matter that it was the middle of the morning considering he’d been drinking since before dawn. It wasn’t as though he’d started drinking in the morning so it was fine. Yep. Perfectly fine. Ryder told himself as he took a sip of his Kir Royale and let the fizzy liquid slip down his throat as easily as blood. Even though almost a whole month had passed, he still remembered his meeting with Corvo as though it was yesterday. ”I’ll turn and leave if you push me away and you won’t have to worry about this craziness again.” The conversation had played in his mind so many times since then, but this time he didn’t bring his fingers to his lips like he had been doing before. The way that Cor had kissed him that day was just a goodbye kiss and in his heart, Ryder knew it. He had to move on. Lexi would be happy with his best friend. If I can even call him that… Hours after the kiss, Ry had packed up his things and left Chateaux de l’Eclipse, heading straight for home. It was too much and he couldn’t deal with it anymore. Sera and his siblings had left for New Zealand but he’d stayed behind in the Soleil manor. He’d only been slightly surprised that his mother had actually let him stay home, but mostly he was too upset to know anything. He’d spent all of his time since that day moping around the house and trying to figure out what he was supposed to do with his life now that he couldn’t love Corvo anymore.

Ry let out a sigh and kicked open his bathroom door with his bare foot. It didn’t matter how much he didn’t want to go to the Christmas Eve party later that night, he knew that it wasn’t negotiable. It was insanely important for both the Soleil and Eclipse families, and it would probably be written down in some old history book because it was proof that the feud had completely been diminished. The whole house was full of girly giggles from his sisters and a lot of bustling around from the maids trying to get all of their outfits ready as well as finishing off the preparations for tomorrow. Usually he loved Christmas, but this year was different. Not only had he lost his father, he’d lost his best friend who was also his first and only love. Forget it. He told himself sternly as he switched on the cold water in the shower. When it was well and truly freezing, he yanked off his pyjama trousers and stepped inside, immediately feeling the chill. Lately it was the only way that he could actually feel anything other than an empty sadness. He had been trying, it was just hard. Most days he couldn’t even brave leaving his room and had the maids constantly supply him with alcohol. He didn’t know if the rest of his family knew about it, but Sera hadn’t said anything to him about it which meant it didn’t even matter anyway. Today was different though. He had to get dressed and actually face the outside world. It could’ve been easy if he knew that Corvo wasn’t going to be there with Lexi, but they both were, and why shouldn’t they be? It was his own fault for falling in love with his best friend who he knew in the first place wasn’t even gay. Ryder bit his lip hard and tasted the metallic flavour in his mouth, but it was quickly washed away with the cold water.

Twenty minutes later, he was dressed in a clean shirt and a pair of black jeans were trailing at his waist. Almost zero sleep and hardly any blood combined with daily drinking had made all of his clothes look as though he’d borrowed them off his father because they were crazily loose on him. With another sigh, Ryder looked around his room for a belt so that his jeans would actually stay up. It didn’t take him long to find one seen as he’d trashed his bedroom the day after the Soleil’s left for New Zealand. He hadn’t let anyone inside since then and that was a good thing because there were clothes and books all over the floor and it’d probably shock them. It made it easy for finding things though. There was a soft knock at the door and Ryder kicked away an old box that had been used to store his cd’s in that were also scattered all over his floor now, and opened the door. After opening the door a crack, he saw that it was one of the maids again, but instead of taking the alcohol off the tray she was holding, he told her he’d take it in the drawing room. The maid nodded and headed back down the corridor, not even having looked at him once. “I guess I must look bad if not even the maids will so much as glance in my direction.” He muttered to himself, shutting the door again and staring around his room for a pair of socks. Ry really didn’t want to leave his room, the only thing he wanted to do was curl up on his bed and sleep for an eternity, but he didn’t have a choice. If he didn’t make an appearance in the house before the party, he’d end up getting thrown a thousand questions, especially with it being Christmas Eve.

Of course. Ryder thought when the door to the drawing room opened less than ten minutes since he’d seated himself in one of the chairs in there and poured himself another drink. “Is there? I had no idea.” He remarked dryly before very pointedly taking a sip of the Kir Royale in his hand. “And where have you been? Sneaking off to the forest again? You should be careful. People might think you’re having secret liaisons with a bear or something.” The look on Léon’s face was enough to make Ry feel bad and he muttered an apology whilst staring at the wall opposite him. Everything he said lately seemed to come out as a mean retort and he knew that he wasn’t even mad at anyone other than himself. “I just… Nevermind. Are you looking forward to tonight?” He asked, changing the subject in case he said something else he’d end up regretting later. What’s even happened to me? I’m not the person I used to be and it hurts… He thought with a sigh. It was the truth though. When he looked in the mirror, he barely recognised the person staring back at him. The sweet and caring Ryder he once was seemed to be lost beneath a thousand layers of grief and he didn’t know how to get him back.

User Image User ImageUser Image

discordia
συтfιт

╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

ooI went out on a limb again, I guess I had to lose to win, I was too confused to know which way to turnoo

╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Pinky Magica's Husband

Angelic Glitch

User Image

ℐи∂ια ℳα¢кєиzιє

мαcк

discordiaMack pulled on a dark blue denim waistcoat over her black top and glanced at the empty bed next to hers. She missed Lucy terribly, but she didn’t exactly get a say in the fact that she’d been given a room in the Vampyre section of the manor. She was just thankful that she hadn’t been appointed to actually clean her friends room yet because that would’ve just been way too weird. Speaking of weird… Mack thought with a faint smile on her face as she brushed her long, brown hair back out of her eyes. Ever since Rory Zeverai had disappeared, Alaric had started confiding in her and they’d become pretty good friends, despite Bella giving her evils every single time she saw them talking. Not that it was anything new, Bella was always giving her evils. Still, it was hard putting up with both Bella and the head maid, Bessie without Lucy. Usually she’d have Lucy there with her and they’d giggle about how they were a pair of demons after they’d finished work, but now she came back to an empty room. Bessie had been acting really strange lately though, that much was true. Especially in the way that she’d just given Mack the whole night off which meant she could actually go to the Christmas Eve party instead of working at it. The day was just turning out perfectly. She’d already planned to confess to Ric about her feelings. What better time to tell someone that you like them as more than a friend, than Christmas? She’d made up her mind when he’d asked her that morning if she wanted to meet up in the library later, which was one of Mack’s favourite places. As she slipped her feet into the black pair of Uggs she’d gotten a while ago, her smile grew. Now that she had the evening off, maybe she’d even get to dance with him at the party.

“Hey.” Mack said, flopping down into the chair next to where Alaric was sitting with a book in his hands. The butterflies that she’d held back for so long were floating around in her stomach so much that she had count to ten in her head before she could actually reply. “Huh? Do you need your eyes tested, Alaric? I’m just wearing what I usually wear.” Inside though, she was glowing that he’d commented on her looking nice. It wasn’t like she’d spent hours getting scrutinising everything in her closet or anything… Okay, so maybe she had but she hadn’t been lying by saying it was something she’d usually wear, because it was. “Bessie actually said I could have the night off which means I won’t be working. It’s weird though, she seemed flustered. She didn’t even say that perfect Bella would be working hard while I’d be slacking off. Not that Bella knows the meaning of working hard. I swear, she broke her nail yesterday and got the whole afternoon off work because she made such a fuss. If I broke a nail, Bessie would probably end up breaking more for me before she’d give me the afternoon off. That’s why it’s weird about tonight. But whatever. I get to dance while Bella has to serve drinks to everyone.” Jeez, shut up India. Mack told herself, feeling her cheeks becoming tinged with pink. It wasn’t exactly an unknown fact that she talked too much when she was nervous, but she used to be able to just keep it in check by talking with Lucy. The fact that she was doing it now wasn’t a good sign because she really didn’t want Ric to think she was insane.

“RicIreallylikeyouandIdon’tknowifyoufeelthesamewaybutIjustwantedtotellyou.” Mack blurted out halfway through their conversation about the book he’d been reading. Alaric stared at her and this time her cheeks really did get red. “I mean…” The way she’d said it had sounded like utter nonsense at a thousand miles per hour and she knew that he hadn’t heard anything other than his name by the way he was looking at her. “Okay, I’ll just say it. I… I really like you, Alaric. I have since you came here. You didn’t talk to anyone apart from Lexi when you first arrived for almost a year, and I liked you even then. When you… When you started hanging out with Rory, I just ended up liking you more. You’re… You’re really special, Ric and y-you deserve to be happy.” Before he had a chance to even process what she was saying, Mack leaned over and kissed him because she had to know that what she felt was real. It’s so real… She thought dreamily as she pulled away. Ric hadn’t returned the kiss, but it was still her first kiss and she’d remember it always. “I… I know it’s a lot to take in, but-” The voice that cut across her made Mack shrink away into her chair and feel like utter rubbish. It was typical that Bella would be there right at that moment. After glancing at Alaric’s face and seeing the puzzlement there, and then seeing Bella’s sneering “You are so crushed” face and listening to her saying that she was needed in the maids scullery, she felt like curling up and crying. Just breathe. She told herself, counting to ten again. The moment had gone from perfect to awful in a matter of seconds and it was all stupid Bella’s fault. The way she’d emphasised ‘maid’. She hadn’t needed to do that, there was only one scullery. But no, she was just reminding her of her place. “L-later.” She stuttered, forcing herself up from the chair and breezing past Bella before the horrible girl could see the tears forming in her eyes.

User Image User Image

pacĸ υp yoυr тroυвleѕ, geт yoυr old ĸιт вag
don'т worry aвoυт тнe cavalry
ι don'т care wнaт тнe wнιѕpererѕ ѕay
'caυѕe тнey wнιѕper тoo loυd ғor мe

συтfιт

EnnaKhaos7's Pardner

Trash Hoarder

User ImageUser Image

°They will see us waving from such great heights.
Come down now, they'll say.
But everything looks perfect from far away.
Come down now but we'll stay.

QuimAfter hearing the knocking on the door, Juliet opened her sleepy green eyes and looked over to it before groaning into her pillow. She really wasn’t up to leaving her room or getting dressed until that evening when she absolutely had to and she hoped that it wasn’t Elissiana at the door to tell her that she needed to get dressed and help out. With a deep breath she pushed herself up from her bed and slipped her arms into her knitted cardigan while walking to the door and opening it slightly to see Kai standing there with a breakfast tray. Juliet’s smile automatically settled onto her face, even though just a moment before she wanted whoever it was at the door to just go away. “Morning.” She mumbled as she opened the door so he could walk in but when she noticed Kyrie trailing behind Kai she left the door open long enough for the kitten to dart in and hop right on her bed. After closing the door, Juliet flopped on her bed and wrapped her blanket around her shoulders, curling down into it and closing her eyes. “Five more minutes.” She whined before reaching over and grabbing a strawberry, biting into it before sitting up. When she finished her strawberry, she reached over and picked one of the muffins and bit into the top of it, right in the middle. Of course Kai would wait until she had a mouthful before he started speaking again. Juliet scrunched her face up at him and peeled the paper back from the muffin while staring him down. However, before she could answer, there was a knock at her door so she set the muffin down on the tray and stood up, placing her fingers on her lips, telling Kai to hush before she walked to the door. Her siblings had already caught Kai in her room time and time again that she wondered if they were starting to question their relationship, but the truth was that Juliet was questioning it herself. Her connection with him was stronger than any connection she had ever felt and the mere fact that she could still feel him when he wasn’t anywhere near him had made butterflies flutter in her stomach time and time again.

The moment Juliet heard Lissi’s voice she cursed inside her head. She didn’t want to help with anything. She wanted to stay in her pajamas until that evening and just talk to Kai as long as he wanted to talk to her too. When she opened her door, she only opened it enough for Lissi to see her as long as she stood in front of the crack. “Good morning!” She said cheerfully, hoping more and more that Lissi wouldn’t ask her to help out with anything. Instead of being asked to help, she was being given a letter from their youngest sister. “Thank you.” She said with a puzzled expression. Juliet had never really gotten along with Kassandra, but she tolerated her behavior enough and of course she loved her. There was always something the girl did that would annoy her though, and this letter was no exception. “Well that’s weird. Why would she write me?” She said aloud after she took the letter and watched Lissi walk away. Slowly she shut her door and turned back to Kai and grinned. “You can talk now.” She giggled and climbed back into bed, grabbing up her muffin and setting the letter to the side while she poured herself a cup of tea, dropping in two sugar cubes and then tossing another at Kai’s chest with a grin. After Juliet dusted off her hands, she picked the letter back up and started to read it. When she was finished she scoffed and folded it back up, placing it in the drawer of the table. “Just wait until you meet the joy that’s Kassie.” Yep. The joy.

“I’ve toooold you. It’s the first Christmas ball that we’ve had with both the Eclipse and Soleil families attending. Assuming Rory doesn’t try to kill anyone this time, which is unlikely since no one has really seen him since that day, the only thing that will happen is lots of dancing, eating, talking, and me having to be a respected Eclipse family member. Yes, you have to wear the suit. No exceptions. Some people might have had a problem with you being on the third floor because you were only just turned, but no one asked me if you were important to me, which you are, so everyone else can just suck it and shut up. Also, you don’t have to go if you don’t want to, but I want you to go because I don’t want to be alone the whole night.” Juliet finished and took another bite of her muffin while grinning at Kai, waiting on his reaction. The duo continued talking about small things until they were finished with their breakfast and Juliet reached out for Kai, grabbing his hand and pulling him to her. When he sat down, she pulled the blanket around the both of them and leaned her head on him. “Thank you.” Juliet whispered with a smile. “So, are you excited that Christmas is tomorrow?” She thought about what she asked for a moment and realized how stupid she must have sounded. Since Kai came here he found out that he had actually been killed in the human world and by some weird coincidence he’d woken up by the magnolia tree. Of course he wouldn’t be excited, he wouldn’t have Christmas as usual, not with his actual family, and she started to feel upset at herself until she felt his arms around her. Juliet buried her head into his shoulder and nodded, letting him know that she was there and that she would be okay even though she worried if he would or not.

Suddenly she pulled away from him and jumped up and went over to her closet to pick out one of the gifts that she bought for Kai. The gift wasn’t wrapped up in traditional Christmas paper; instead it just had a touch of her taste in the wrapping as well as the bow. “I know it’s just Christmas Eve, but I want you to have this, ‘kay?” Juliet asked as she snuggled next to him and handed the gift over. She watched his face as he unwrapped the set of leather bound books, one was a small journal, two were notebooks, and the largest one was a leather bound sketchpad. She remembered him talking about how he liked to write and she remembered that he was looking up his ancestry when he was brought here. Hopefully he could use them for something, but she nervously chewed her lip and awaited a reaction from him.
                                                    Quim

User Image

EnnaKhaos7's Pardner

Trash Hoarder

User ImageUser Image

✗Now our history is for sale, and for that I apologize.➸
✗You see you're my only know how,➸
✗The study of when I believe I belonged to you.➸
✗So, have I found your secret weak spot, baby?➸

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

“My eyes are just fine; you just don’t know my mother. I have her eye for fashion.” Alaric said with a grin. It was true though, Sera did say to him time and time again that out of all of her children, her fashion sense stuck with him the most, not that she let everyone else look like hobos. Ric continued grinning at his thoughts even though he missed his family so much. When Mack said that she could actually get to go to the party it made him happy because she really deserved a break, and now she was getting one. “Really? That’s great. Maybe she’s seen the error of her ways.” He wiggled his fingers in the air before letting his hands fall down to the book on his chest. “And I’ll be sure to give them much hell tonight. Honestly, I’m dreading the party. But my mother and siblings will be there and this marks the first time our families have gotten together for something like this; at least in my life time and pretty much everyone’s besides the elders. I mean, the last party I went to I did nearly die. Maybe I’m bad luck.” Alaric smirked but his fingers found their way to the scar on his chest and lingered there as his thoughts filled of Rory and how much he missed him. It must have been the look on his face or how quiet he’d gotten that Mack could see because she changed the subject to the book he was reading. “Ah. Uh, well, I just opened it to the middle and started reading it.” Alaric then started to go into detail of what he’d read so far, silently thanking Mack for letting the subject be changed so easily.

Alaric was stopped midsentence when Mack began to speak but she was speaking so fast that he couldn’t catch on to what exactly she said. He looked at her with a puzzled look, trying to process what she said, but failing. However, he did know that look, and his stomach dropped and he started to feel sick. Nonono. Why is this happening now? He thought as she started to explain her feelings. Maybe things would have worked out. Maybe, if he wasn’t still entirely in love with Rory. Ric breathed slowly as she finished her sentence. Did he? Did he really deserve to be happy? He had made so many mistakes, there was no way he was special either. “M—” Was all he could say before the girl leaned over and kissed him. Alaric couldn’t return the kiss. He just couldn’t. There was no way he’d be able to do so without feeling like he was cheating on Rory even though they weren’t actually together then. His cheeks were tinged with pink and he quickly sat up properly in the chair, looking entirely confused and a bit heartbroken. The only thing he was asking for was a friendship with someone that he knew he couldn’t hurt, but it turned out this way. He knew that eventually Mack would be hurt too, just as he had done to everyone else. The voice of the other maid hardly even registered with him until Mack had turned to leave. Alaric stood up and the book toppled to the floor but he didn’t pay any mind to it. When she had vanished, he turned to the other girl. “You don’t have to be so cruel, you know? I know the things you said about Rory and I know how you treat others you think are beneath you, but do you know that you’re actually the dirt on the bottom of my shoe? Does it hurt to have people be mean to you? Perhaps you’ll take this as a lesson and start being nicer. I’m sure that the Eclipse family doesn’t pay you to be absolutely terrible to other people. You’re lucky to be here and I have connections. Do not make me use them.” He bent over and picked the book up, placing it on the table, before leaving right out of the library, giving Bella a threatening glance.

“Waaaake up lazy bones.” Alaric called as he knocked on his twin sister’s door. He had so much running through his mind and he just wanted to spend some time with Lexi before she went off with Corvo, which he wasn’t even sure she was going to that day since the party was that evening. He couldn’t believe that he had been so horrible to Bella, but she really needed to learn her place instead of harassing people he held dear. Ric still felt awful for what had happened with Mack. It’s not your fault. Or is it? I never acted that way towards her, did I? I was just nice. I think. He sighed just as Lexi opened the door and he grabbed her arm with a smile. “Oh my precious little sister.” He teased although he was only a few minutes older than she was; he still liked to joke with her about it. “Let’s go sneak downstairs and look at the decorations for tonight.” He insisted partially because he missed hanging out with her and the rest of it was because he had stuff he wanted to talk to her about. Alaric also wanted to hear about her adventures with Corvo, which he figured was part of the reason Ryder had disappeared back home, but he wouldn’t say a single word to her. “Soooo, whatcha been up to? You know. With Cooooorvo.” He teased as they walked down the spiral staircase to the bottom floor.

As soon as Ryder opened his mouth, Léon regretted saying a single thing to him. His younger brother looked horrible, like he was going through a complete inner meltdown and he didn’t know how to stop it. In fact no one really knew what to say or do for Ryder and their mother had told them all to give him some space. However tonight was different. Léon didn’t need any of his family being drunk before they even got to the party. He didn’t need the anxieties of someone making him look bad that night. It was his chance to prove himself. To show who exactly he was to the Eclipse family and to impress Elissiana as well as her family. Léon shot Ryder a look of disbelief and his brother apologized to him, but it still didn’t change how he felt right then. He couldn’t even say anything until Ryder asked if he was looking forward to tonight. He was, more than anything. “Perhaps you’re the one who should be careful, Ryder, the more you drink makes you unguarded, you know that right? So whatever you’re running from at Chateaux de l’Eclipse will come up and bite you in the a** if you don’t cool it. However, I am looking forward tonight, thank you for asking. Are you?” Before Ryder could answer him, their mother walked in and looked at the both of them. Sera took the drink from his brother’s hand and sat it on the table before making him get up and go with her. Léon sighed and sank back into the chair, staring out of the window.

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

✖●Can you pretend I'm amazing? I can pretend I'm amazing.●ღ➸

✖●Instead of what we both know.●ღ➸

✖●I cut to the punchline, baby, can we pretend I'm amazing?●ღ➸

Outfit

User Image

Dapper Glitch

User Image
You say you wanted мσяє
What are you waiting ƒσя?
I'm not running from ყσų
Come, break me down
βur me, бur me
I am finished with ყσų

ℓooҝ in my εყεs
You're ҝilling me, ҝilling me
All I wanted was ყσų

xx
x
" '

xx
xx
User Image
xx
xx
xx

Before the sun was up, Lucy was up and facing the day. It almost seemed controversial to be waking up at sunrise and continuing to live throughout the day, but she was now in a world she only believed she understood. Lucy found herself exiting the Chateaux de l’Eclipse silently and smoothly, not sure where her feet were taking her. The fact that she left her room at all put her in shock, not to mention leaving the manor as well. She spent a good majority of the past few weeks in her new bedroom sulking and moping about. She spent so much time in bed during those weeks that she no longer felt tired at all. Lucy was feeling restless, longing to get out and do something with her day. Sitting and doing nothing for the rest of your life, not to mention the rest of the week, was already a bore. With a bedroom to herself and time off from her maid duties, Lucy was growing lonely. She had not seen Mack since she attacked her and has been slightly afraid of repeating those uncontrollable actions. Today was going to be different. She was going to try her best to see her friend. Lucy wished she had a stronger control over these statistical urges, but the only way that would happen is if she trained herself. Lucy was able to withstand servants who entered her room and that had to be a good sign. Either way, she had to find a way to find Mack before the party tonight. Lucy wasn’t sure if Mack had to work at the party or not; and if she did, then that would give the two of them little to no time to talk. Lucy was uncertain why she was not called to work the party this evening. Perhaps they believed her mental state was still too low to take on the task. However, whatever her excuse was, it would not excuse Mack from her work. Lucy simply had to see her before tonight just in case they would be separated.

Lucy spent the early hours of the morning hunting. She imagined this would be crucial in holding her urges back and being a socially acceptable citizen both today and throughout the evening. The last thing she wanted to do was cause more trouble than she already has. She was beginning to truly enjoy hunting in the early hours of the morning; not simply for the task but for the time of day. The early hours of dawn in the forest was peaceful; the animals were relaxed and calm and there were no people around to disturb her. The world seemed so gentle, something Lucy nearly forgot existed with her stressful and chaotic life as a maid for a house full of vampires. She ended up catching herself a deer before the sun fully rose, and she had no problems finishing him and his little friend off. Once that sickening lust for blood was settled, Lucy was ready to move on. She was not ready to return to the manor just yet, so she decided a trip to the stables was in order. Her morning chores in the stables always put her in the best of moods; it was her special part of her morning ritual that made her confident to take on the day. Despite how high it boosted her mood, the last time she was in the stables was the day she was attacked. She was not afraid of facing the location at all; the stables was still her favorite location despite what happened to her there. She did not know what kept her from there. Perhaps a subconscious fear of her equestrian friends fearing her as well. She received enough worrisome looks and cries of fear from the other servants she thought were her friends.

Luckily for Lucy, her morning was uneventful. There were no trouble from the horses and she easily fell back into the old routine of caring for the stables. She took her time cleaning out the stalls and giving more food to the horses, especially if that gave her more time to sit and personally care for them. With her mood rapidly improving, she was losing track of time and the world around her. Eventually a coupe waltzed in, disturbing Lucy from her work. The two were being a bit loud and rude for such an early hour of the morning, so Lucy decided to simply leave and not cause trouble. As she stepped out of the stables, she felt obligated to see what was going on inside the Chateaux de l’Eclipse. Lucy was not required to help, but she could see how Mack was doing. She had to be awake and moving about by now. There was also the chance to frighten and bother Bella if she happened to pass her as well. As soon as Lucy entered the manor, she headed straight for her own room. Before going off to find anyone, she had to make sure she looked presentable. She had dirt and dust on her from the stables, not to mention the possibility of blood on her clothes from earlier. Lucy tends to do a relatively good job keeping herself clean while she hunts, yet that was the one aspect she was always over-conscious about. She wouldn’t mind it if it meant frightening Bella, but she hated for more rumors to spread among the servants about her. Without wasting much time Lucy entered the showers, and within twenty minutes she was out once more. She quickly changed into something clean, settling on a simple cotton top and black skinny jeans. It was strange having the ability to wear whatever she wished, but she enjoyed it. After slipping her knee high leather boots over her jeans, Lucy grabbed a grey hoodie to keep herself warm. From there she set off in search of her old colleagues and dear friend.

Lucy carefully slipped down the halls, hoping she would not get into any sort of trouble for roaming about. Surely they would understand if she was heading for the breakfast room or the like, but how would they feel about her lurking about the human quarters once more? Did the Eclipse family trust her once more? Keeping her guard up for anyone of high authoritative power, Lucy trailed down the hallway of what she believed was Mack’s normal cleaning route. She wanted to take a longer, more scenic pathway, hoping to throw anyone following her off guard. She mentally laughed at herself for being so cautious, but she did not want to risk anything, not tonight. Tonight would be the first party she could attend as a guest, not a servant. She was not about to let that opportunity go to waste over the pretense of her trying to find her best friend. As she was subconsciously headed for the library, she seemed to have caught the tail end of a scene. She could hear some sort of conflict going on behind the library’s walls, but did not reach the doorway in time to hear exactly what was going on. Instead, she managed to catch Mack dashing out. Lucy froze. She knew she would have to take things slowly and calmly with Mack, but that seemed to be the least of her concerns. She knew her dear friend was upset and was most likely heading off to suffer alone. Lucy couldn’t let that happen, and yet she could not force herself to move. She feared getting carried away again despite knowing she was strong enough not to. Lucy would have remained in place had it not been for Bella exiting the library shortly after Alaric Soleil. She could only put vague pieces together, but knew well enough what must have happened if Bella was around.

"Mack! Lucy ran down the hallway, trying her best to call out to her friend. She was hoping that she would stop, but Lucy surprised herself by catching up to her. "Mack, what happened?! She lightly held onto Mack’s shoulder, trying to be comforting without pushing her limits. "I saw you run and Bella… What did she do now? Lucy’s voice grew dark with her last question. If there was any sort of way to get revenge against Bella, it was running through Lucy’s mind at the moment. Acceptable action or not, she was not about to let that evil witch get away with hurting her friend. "Mack… would you feel better heading to your room? Or somewhere we could talk? She knew they would not receive full privacy standing in the middle of the hallway. The last thing she needed was another servant, especially Bella, crossing their path again. "…I miss seeing you, Mack, she added. "I’m sorry I vanished on you… With that she pulled Mack into a gentle hug. Lucy surprised herself that nothing happened, yet she was more relieved than ever. She could do this and not be a threat to Mack, she knows she can. This was simply added confidence. "We should head somewhere more private. We don’t want anyone running into more trouble. The last thing she wanted was for Bella to continue tormenting Mack, not before Lucy was able to put some sense into her. Lucy linked her arm with Mack’s as they began their decent down the hallway. She was letting Mack take her wherever she wanted to go. It was about making her feel better after all.

Outfit

User Image

I tried to be someone єlsє
But nothing seemed to change
I ĸησω now, this is ωhσ I really am inşı∂є

I've finally ƒound myself
ƒighting for a chancє
I ĸησω now, this is who I really αм

EnnaKhaos7's Pardner

Trash Hoarder

User ImageUser Image

oWithout you, the ground thaws, the rain falls, the grass grows.
Without you, the seeds root, the flowers bloom, the children play.
The stars gleam, the poets dream, the eagles fly, without you.
The earth turns, the sun burns, but I die, without you.o

outfit

QUIMAlthough Sera had been away from the Soleil manor for a couple of weeks, she had the maids keeping an eye on Ryder because she was worried about him. She never remembered a time where he actually broke down as he had now, and she only knew so much about how he was doing because of the maids and she couldn’t thank them enough. She put everything together when he left for Chateaux de l’Eclipse before coming back home. Sera knew that he was talking about Corvo and she could tell just by the way he was acting before she left that something terrible had to have happened, so when he didn’t show up for breakfast the first morning that everyone was back, it worried her that much more. Instead of letting it show, they all enjoyed a nice breakfast at home, and then made plans to decorate the family room. After a while of decorating, Léon started to seem restless, so Sera told him that she and the girls would be okay to do things on their own and he left with a huge grin. She had long figured out that his running off to the forest had something to do with another person. He always seemed happier when he would come home, and that was just fine, she just had no clue as to who they might have been. About another hour had passed and Sera, Emilé, and Jenny had decorated their family room and had it all ready for Christmas. All that needed to be done now was the maids bring in the Christmas gift and place them under the tree.

Sera had a call that she had to take in her office before she could go back downstairs and make sure everyone was starting to get in the motions of getting ready for the party that night. However, as she was passing the drawing room, she heard Léon’s voice, and it was obvious who he was talking to. Those two. Sera thought as she opened the door and looked between the both of them, giving them threatening looks, before walking over to Ryder and taking the drink out of his hand. She sat it on the table beside him. “Get up, Ryder.” She shot another sharp look at her eldest son before turning to walk out of the room, only to turn back to see Ryder just standing there. “Well, I didn’t make you get up just to stand there, come on.” She wouldn’t let him see how upset she actually was as she led him down to their kitchen. It was completely empty besides the two of them, she let the cooks have the day off after breakfast so that they could have a good night’s rest before Christmas. “Sit down.” Sera told him as she went over to their blood storage, taking out a bag, and setting it in front of him and then walking across the kitchen to the leftover food that the maids had taken out of the breakfast room to be put away for later and put a couple of pastries on a plate, grabbing a coffee cup and filling it with hot coffee, and taking them over to Ryder. As she sat on a chair across from him, Sera nodded towards everything. “You need to eat, Ryder. You need blood. You can’t live just off of alcohol, and next time you come home a complete wreck, how am I to trust you by yourself if you’re not going to take care of yourself? I know that you’re not a child anymore, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t worry about you.” She sighed and propped her face up on her hand.

“You look terrible and I’m guessing you feel as terrible as you look.” Sera reached over and laid her hand on Ryder’s arm. “Just think, darling, this will be the first step to getting past the hurt. You can’t run forever, and if this was just any other party I would let you stay at home. But you know it isn’t, and I need you there too.” After sitting there and making sure that Ryder finished the food and blood she brought him, she stood up and stood behind where he sat and stroked his hair before stepping back and letting him stand up. She took him up to his bedroom and stood outside of his door, straightening up his clothes the best she could before patting him on his shoulder. “You have about six hours to sleep it off and sober up, no drinks until tonight, and even then I’m limiting you, Ryder. Now go get some sleep.” After making sure he went into his room, Sera turned and left to go back down the stairs, poking her head into the drawing room to check on Léon, who obviously wasn’t expecting her, seeing as he jumped and quickly hid whatever was in his hands. She gave him a questioning look before shutting the door and going downstairs to the family room with Emilé and Jenny.

As soon as the door shut behind Sera and Ryder, Léon took the phone out and turned it around in his hands with a grin. I should have sent a message before I left the cabin! I’m not thinking clearly today! He scolded himself in his mind while looking in the contacts, seeing the only name that was there, and letting his grin widen into a full smile. He opened a blank message and slowly started to type out a message to Elissiana. I had hoped that what I got for you would be extraordinary, but you had the much better thought. I’m not even sure why we didn’t think of this before, but I’m glad that we can talk whenever now because I hate being away from you for so long. Léon kept his patience even though he had to restart the message at least three times and then once again when Sera opened the door and looked at him. He sighed and pressed send while watching the fire flicker in the fireplace. His attention had turned from the fire to the window as he noticed white snowflakes began to fall. I’m so scared for tonight. He thought, staring down to the phone and opening another blank message. I’m nervous for tonight. He sent only a couple of minutes after sending the first text.

oThe tears dry, without you. Life goes on, but I’m gone. Cause I die, without you.o

User Image

Dapper Glitch

User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxx Alexis Rosa Soleilxxx

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
xx
xx
xx

They can try to make me write a thousand lies,
but that won't ever change the way I feel inside.
They've got their opinions but I just don't care!
'Cause that's not what I want to hear.

xxx " '

The previous night had been a long one for Lexi. This did not begin last night, but had been going on for a few weeks now. With Christmas approaching and her days spent with Corvo, it was nearly impossible for Lexi to relax and go to bed at a decent hour. Some night she remained in a daydreaming state; drifting off into her own world but not sleeping. Most of these nights were spent staring out her bedroom window or absentmindedly drawing in one of her many sketchbooks. Then there were other nights in which she spent with Corvo and the adrenaline would not wear off early enough for her to get some sleep. Those nights were spent dancing around her room or working on some sort of major art project. Last night was one of those daydreaming nights; and regardless of how lazy she was, she felt completely exhausted by the time the sun rose this morning. The exhausted feeling was finally beginning to kick in, making Lexi refuse leaving her bed. She wasn’t caring what day or time it was. The young vampire simply buried herself under her covers, hiding like a child from the dawn of day.

At some point Lexi drifted back to sleep, but she wasn’t able to tell exactly what that time was. She was peacefully drifting between stages of sleep when a knock at the door disturbed her. Lexi let out a loud, long groan as she shifted under her blankets. She was tempted to yell for whoever it was to go away; her rest was more important. As soon as she recognized Alaric’s voice, however, she changed her mind. Lexi knew her twin, and had she not cater to his demands and got out of bed, he’d probably go into her room and drag her out. Lexi has not spent any time with Ric in the last few days which was causing her to feel guilty. Not seeing him for a while was not new when he was around Rory all the time; but now that Lexi was the one neglecting him, she felt awful about it. She told herself she would not begin to act as Ric did when she would be put in that situation, but it was difficult to avoid. Grudgingly, Lexi rolled herself out of bed, taking some of her blankets off with her. "Hold onnn, she called as she moved across the room, trying not to trip in his disoriented state. Lexi hopped over to her dresser, changing herself out of her pajamas and into a nice, gray top and black skinny jeans. She was freezing without her blankets and knew no one would allow her to walk about the Chateaux de l’Eclipse with them around her. Lexi regrettably threw the blankets onto her bed, wishing she could join them once more, and grabbed a warm, fuzzy jacket. She then lugged herself to the door, not truly caring how long she was keeping Ric waiting.

"Whaaat? she whined as she opened the door, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. Before she knew it Ric had her arm and was pulling her down the hallway. With a little, unconscious squeak she was whisked away, falling behind Ric as if she was a ragdoll. "Okaay… she replied with a little yawn. "Did they add anything new? Lexi asked, not exactly sure what the Christmas decorations looked like anymore. They were rather important to her earlier in the month, but now that there were other distractions in her life, she did not pay as close attention as she normally would. Once they reached the stairs and Ric asked about Corvo, an enormous grin grew on Lexi’s face. "Oh you know, the usual stuff, she replied casually. "Sketching, painting, going out by the lake. Nothing real exciting. Her memories suddenly returned to the afternoon by the lake where Corvo first kissed her. W wave of exhilaration took over her, forcing her to fight off some sort of excited squeal from coming out. She then realized she never told Ric what happened. Although it seemed impossible to forget, it often slipped her mind whenever she was around her twin. "Well, I guess I do have some stories if you want to hear them, she said, finally feeling awake. Once they reached the decorations, Lexi’s eyes widen with excitement. For a moment she was too distracted to focus on their previous conversation. "Everything’s so… elaborate and sparkly! I wonder what Mama did at home. As she thought about that, it also lead to the fact that she did not get to help decorate the Soleil manor, nor was there a chance of going home for Christmas. Lexi pouted, but she was not about to let it ruin the festive mood. She had to get herself thinking about something else. "Well then, Ric. I want to know what you’ve been up to. You’re always hiding and I never see yooou! As she spoke, Lexi playfully hung onto her twin’s arm.

Outfit

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Won't someone tell me what is happenin' to me?
Why am I so misunderstood? Why can't they see?
Now I'm caught between the devil and the angel
that I used to be.
They say I'll understand it all in good time,
but age ain't nothin but a number in my mind.
I'm goin' crazy with this push me
pull me

caught between wrong and right.

xx
xx
xx
xx

I must, I must, I must not... chase... the boys.

EnnaKhaos7's Pardner

Trash Hoarder

User ImageUser Image

Alaric shrugged. He didn’t know if they added anything new, all he knew was that the ballroom was going to be decorated, the very place he had refused to step foot in until he absolutely had to. Last time was a disaster and he was completely dreading tonight. “The ballroom, darling sister, they’re doing decorations in there. Thought we should sneak in and see them. Like old times.” He looked to her, hiding the fear he had of the ballroom behind big blue eyes of mischief. He was still waiting on Lexi to say something about her times with Corvo, which he was much more curious about now that she had a huge grin on her face. “You naughty thing.” He teased, leaning into her while they were walking. “Sketching, painting, the lake. Are those code words for something, missy?” The entire air around Lexi felt like it was going to explode with excitement, so Alaric just took a step back and continued to grin at his twin. Finally, Alexis ‘fessed up to having things to tell him. “I knew it. What have you been hiding in that ickle head of yours?” He asked as they got to the ballroom and snuck in. Everything was so much more elegant than the December first party, but that was to be completely expected. Elissiana had done a wonderful job on this event and the color coordination. Creams and golds bounced from one wall to the next, the décor on the table meshed together perfectly and even though everything was absolutely breathtaking, Alaric’s sight had drifted to the very spot where he forced Rory’s sword through his chest. He cleared his throat and looked over to the Christmas tree, taking in the decorations, before turning back to Lexi as soon as she began to comment on the room. He wondered what their mother did at home too, if she was even there. She’s supposed to be there, she’s supposed to be here tonight. I want to go home. He thought while thinking of what he could say to his sister.

“You know, maybe Mama will take us home tonight. Just for Christmas. That would be fun, right? And the Eclipse’s shouldn’t really say anything. We’ve spent the past two Christmases here; it’s time to go home. Plus, I miss everyone like crazy.” Neither of them had a clue that they were actually going to go home that night. Lexi started to hang onto his arm, asking him what he’s been up to and he shook his head while leading her out of the ballroom and down the hallway. Did he really want to tell her what he really had been up to? It was quite pathetic, really. Or at least it was to him. He hoped that she couldn’t read the look on his face as he thought about it, but knowing her, she would. They were twins after all. Instead of telling her anything, Alaric decided to change the subject back on her as they walked arm in arm around Chateaux de l’Eclipse. “Uuuhhhmmm. No. You have stories to tell me, remember?” He grinned and led her down another hall that led back towards the sun room. It was towards the back and Alaric had been going there from time to time in the past few weeks, hoping that somewhere in those woods he would either see Rory or something else that was interesting. However, nothing yet— of either. When Alaric looked over and saw the look that Lexi was giving him, he sighed and settled down into a chair. Even though the room had a dozen uncovered windows, it was still warm inside and the cold wouldn’t seep in. He would know. He’d been there time and time again, even fallen asleep on the couch a time or two. That’s how he and Mack had actually started to become friends. She had found him in there more times than not and when he wasn’t in the sun room, he was in his bedroom or in Rory’s room.

Ric sighed and grinned to his twin. “Here. I’ve been here most times. The times I’m hiding, well, that’s a secret.” He said while nodding. “You know, Lexi, I’ve really thought a lot lately. I never intended on actually loving someone when we came here. Then it just happened. Then other things happened and I fell even more in love. Then this entire month happened and now I feel like I’m stuck. I haven’t seen Rory in weeks and I have no idea where he is let alone where our relationship stands and I’ve been more worried than I’ll ever let on to anyone. And on top of that I’m worried about Ryder. He didn’t even tell us that he was going home and I just hope he’s okay. He’s been off lately too. I just hope that none of this nonsense ruins Christmas for us because I just have a feeling that it’ll be good this year. Despite everything that's happened.” He picked a pinwheel out of the basket on the table and blew on it, making it spin around and around while staring at it. Eventually, he wanted the subject to be changed again, he didn’t think that he could handle it any longer. Not until tonight when he was sure he’d be bombarded with questions from their mother. “Tell me about your silly endeavors. Going to the “lake” and “painting” and “sketching” You know, all of those code words.” Alaric grinned a mischievous grin at Alexis before blowing into the pinwheel again and listening to what all she had to say. It was good that she found someone that she could spend time with. She really needed that. He had been absent most of the time lately, even though he felt like he needed to be clingy, he stepped back and let her have her space with Corvo because that’s what she deserved. Lexi doesn’t need a needy brother. Alaric thought while setting the pinwheel down on the table and kicking off his shoes to pull his feet up into the chair with him while watching the snowflakes gently come down and pile onto the already snow covered trees and ground.

Outfit

User Image

Pinky Magica's Husband

Angelic Glitch

User Image

┏ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ┓

ιт'ѕ α тнιєf ιи тнє иιgнт тσ cσмє αи∂ gяαв уσυ
ιт cαи cяєєρ υρ ιиѕι∂є уσυ αи∂ cσиѕυмє уσυ
α ∂ιѕєαѕє σf тнє мιи∂, ιт cαи cσитяσℓ уσυ
ιт'ѕ тσσ cℓσѕє fσя cσмfσят

┗ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ┛

discordiaOliver Thorne stared down at the rolls of wrapping paper that had just been dropped into his arms. “You do realise that we never wrap up gifts, right?” He said, glancing up at Melody who gave him a coy smile before heading back down the aisle she’d just appeared from. Olly rolled his eyes and leaned against the wall. In some respects it seemed like only yesterday that he’d lost control and turned Laurel into a Vampyre, but in others it seemed like years ago. He wasn’t entirely sure why Melody had decided to take him under her wing, perhaps it had something to do with Hugo though. In any case, he was grateful. Oliver was no longer the shy little boy who couldn’t say a single word when he was in a crowd of people. Kat had changed his style, his way of thinking, and his confidence. Although it came at a price. Almost every night after he’d been through the magnolia tree with Melody on one of her trips, his nightmares would haunt him. It had gotten so bad that he didn’t even share a room with his twin any longer. After talking with Woolfred, the elder Vampyre had secured him a room on the first floor, opposite Laurel’s. The excuse he’d made was that he’d needed to keep an eye on her considering she was his responsibility now. The real reason was because he didn’t want Bolt hearing him screaming at night. The twins relationship had gotten a lot stranger in the past few weeks. Although they were closer than ever, they were also more distant than they had been.

“Sorry, am I keeping you from something incredibly interesting?” Said a honey-coated voice which pulled Olly out of his reverie. He stuck his tongue out at Melody and she laughed right back at him. “Are you done yet? I’m pretty sure we can’t carry anything else. You sure do buy presents for a lot of people. Most of these aren’t even presents, they’re just for decorating!” Olly watched Kat casually saunter up to one of the checkouts where a teenage female was next in line. She stepped aside immediately and gestured for Melody to go ahead of her. The humans eyes never left Melody, and Oliver grinned. Hugo sure knew how to pick the ones who just exuded confidence, and Melody, clad in her dark red wine dress, cardigan and heels did just that. “So are you going to tell me what you’re getting Bolt for Christmas then?” He asked, but was given the same wink he had been earlier. “Fine, fine. I won’t ask again. But you know he’ll tell me tomorrow though, right?” Olly shook his head and grinned. Melody had kept her mysterious act up since they’d first met months ago, and even though they were a lot closer now, she still had her secrets.

“Laurel!” Olly said, his eyes wide as he looked at the fledgling who had her arm linked with Mack’s. He’d only just said goodbye to Melody at her room after ‘helping’ carry her shopping up which in reality consisted of him carrying everything apart from a tiny cream coloured gift bag. Despite trying to properly get to know the person he’d turned, she’d been cooped up in her room and refused to see him since he’d taught her how to feed properly. To see her standing there in the hallway made him feel pretty good although he didn’t entirely know why. “Are you okay?” He asked, trying to ignore the glare that she was giving him. He could feel that she didn’t like him. Melody told him that Makers have certain bonds with the people they turn, but the only thing he ever felt when he was around Lucy, which wasn’t very often, was that she had a particular loathing for him. And why shouldn’t she? You turned her after all, idiot. With an inwards sigh, he forced a smile on his face. “You’re going to the party later, right? Maybe I can steal a dance?” Another wave of annoyance passed over him and he tried his best not to wince. It was insanely hard knowing that she disliked him so openly, even though it was his own fault. If she lets me, I might be able to apologise properly tonight. “I better get going anyway. T-take care.” Wow. Real smooth, you dolt. Oliver turned around and headed back up the stairs, hating himself even more than usual. With another sigh, he paused on the second floor, his eyes automatically turning towards Bolt’s room. His brother would most likely be sleeping though as he always did before a big event so that he could stay up all night for it.

The Christmas Eve party would be a big deal for Olly, even though it would just be like any other party to everyone else, so long as nobody got stabbed this time. For him though, it would be a make or break situation. The days he’d spent with Melody all led up to tonight. It would be the first big party he’d ever attended that he’d actually have to make an effort with everything Kat had taught him. Oliver tore his eyes away from his brother’s room and walked along the corridor with butterflies in his stomach. “Risa? It’s Olly.” He called after knocking on Irisalee’s door. When she finally opened the door, Oliver grinned at the Captain America pyjamas she had on. “So, um… I was wondering if you wanted to go to the party later? I mean, I know that you’re going and everything. I-I just wondered if you wanted to… Well, to go with me?” After a moment of silence, she said okay along with her threatening to thump him in the head if anything awkward happened again. “Deal.” He said, laughing. “I’ll leave you to it. See you later.” Olly left the second floor feeling slightly less dejected than he had before.

User Image User Image discordia
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

discordia
discordia
ι ωαииα ѕιиg, ι ωαииα ѕнσυт
ι ωαииα ѕcяєαм тιℓℓ тнє ωσя∂ѕ ∂яу συт
ѕσ ρυт ιт ιи αℓℓ σf тнє ραρєяѕ, ι’м иσт αfяαι∂
тнєу cαи яєα∂ αℓℓ αвσυт ιт, яєα∂ αℓℓ αвσυт ιт
discordia
discordia
discordia
συтfιт

Pinky Magica's Husband

Angelic Glitch

User ImageUser Image

oLordy Lordy Lordy.
I can't help it, I like to party.
It's genetic, it's electrifying.
Wind me up and watch me go.
Where she stops nobody knows.
A good excuse to be a bad influence on you
and you and you and you.o

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

discordiaJace tugged his cityscape denim jeans on with one hand whilst his other held a cigarette to his lips. “Hmph.” He grumbled as he finally did up his zip and button. “I don’t see why it’s such a big deal though. If there’s going to be a party tomorrow night and on New Years, what’s the point of the one tonight? I’m not complaining. I just don’t get it.” With a shake of his head, he grabbed the oversized ‘festive’ jumper that was lying on the floor and pulled it over his head after stubbing out the cigarette. “Not that you’re listening anyway, Mister Snore-face.” Jace rolled his eyes, slipped his bare feet into his Marvel canvas shoes, blew a kiss at the sleeping body lying on the bed and turned towards the door. The past few weeks had been entertaining to say the least. Staying at Chateaux de l’Eclipse certainly had its… benefits. “I should be over all the butterflies, but I’m into you, I’m into you. And baby even on our worst nights, I’m into you, I’m into you. Let ‘em wonder how we got this far, ‘cause I don’t really need to wonder at all- Ooh! Well, hello there.” The moment he’d left Rhys’s room, he’d been singing to himself right up until he wandered to the breakfast room. Jace grinned at the spread of food arranged prettily on the serving tables. Even though there would be human food at the party that night, the Eclipse family didn’t let up on a single other aspect of their perfect daily routine, and that included making sure everyone got what they wanted. “Mmm…” He sighed happily after biting into a raspberry and white chocolate muffin. A low cough caught his attention though, and he winked at a couple of elder male Vampyres he hadn’t seen before, sitting at one of the tables by the window, and looking incredibly disapproving. “Toodles, darlings!” He called before blowing them a kiss and disappearing back through the door he’d just come in from. What to do, what to do… He thought to himself as he walked along the decorated hallway, his mouth full of muffin.

“Twins! What’re you doing all cooped up in the sun room?” Jace smiled brightly at Alaric and Alexis Soleil before flopping down onto one of the wooden chairs which luckily had a cushion on or it would’ve probably been painful. He’d hardly seen Alaric since he’d arrived at the manor, but Cor and Rhys had filled him on the whole Rory situation and he was careful not to mention it whenever he was around. “I really love your jacket, Lexi.” He grinned. Alexis was his brother’s new love interest and it amused Jace highly. “Can I try it?” He asked, standing up and grinning when she passed it to him. They were same height, and because Jace was so skinny for a male, they were the same weight as well. After buttoning up the fuzzy jacket, he did a little twirl and laughed before passing it back to Lexi. “So, Miss Soleil - No, Alaric, I’m talking to your sister - Are you going to be dancing with Cor tonight?” He asked with a wink in Ric’s direction. “I have it under good authority that he’s wearing silver, to bring out the colour in his eyes… Or something.” He grinned again before standing up from the chair again. “Well, I’d best be off. Brotherly duties to attend to. I need to tell Corvo that his lady friend is looking super pretty and he’d better sweep her off her feet tonight or else I’ll have words with him.” Jace leaned down to give Lexi a kiss on each cheek and a hug as a goodbye, and after ignoring any look of protest on Alaric’s face, he did the same to him. “I’m a touchy-feely person. What can I say? Catch you later, sugars.” He stuck out his tongue before heading out of the sun room.

It’s not as if I was lying. I’ll find Cor later. If I’m supposed to deal with a party tonight though, I’m going to need a little extra… kick. Jace was sitting cross-legged on the floor of the empty entertainment room. There was a look of dire concentration on his face as he straightened out the three lines of H. After rolling up the sleeves of his jumper, he pressed his finger to one side of his nose and bent down to the brown dust. After two of the lines were gone, he sat up straight and lolled his head back, his eyes closed. The high was the best part. It would only take a few more moments for it to hit him. After two minutes had passed, he opened his eyes with a smile on his face. That warm fuzzy feeling and settled into his chest. The smile quickly disappeared when he looked up though. “Shi- C-Cor? I… I can explain…” Jace trailed off though. He couldn’t explain because any excuse he gave would quite blatantly be a lie. “It was as boring as watching Jessica curl her hair at home after you left, okay? Nobody freaking spoke to me unless it was to utter some sort of annoyance at the way I dress or the way I act or the fact that I’m gay. Father doesn’t give a crap. No, I’m sorry, Corvo, but I’ll say it whether you want me to or not!” He mustered on, shaking his head at the hand his brother had put up. “Mother dearest only had eyes for perfect freaking Jeeves. So what was I supposed to do? There was no place for me there, so one of the stable boys let me have some of his… his little habit, as he called it. And you know what? I liked it. I still like it. So there! I don’t care what you think or if you tell Father. He doesn’t give a damn anyway!” Jace stormed, trying to ignore the angry tears that had welled up in his eyes.

“L-Lucy…” Mack buried her head into her best friends shoulder. She’d never truly hated anyone before, but right at that moment she absolutely loathed Bella. Stupid, stupid, stupid! Why did you even think that you could tell Ric you liked him? You’ve wrecked everything now. You’re so stupid, India! After taking a deep breath and biting the inside of her cheek so much that she could taste blood, Mack finally looked up and forced a smile. “I’ll be okay, Lucy. You know me. I can deal with anything.” She said with a small sniff whilst wiping her eyes with the back of her sleeves. “I miss seeing you too. I don’t care if you’re a Vampyre now. You’re still my bestie, so don’t vanish again, promise?” Mack hugged her friend back before giggling at them linking arms together like they used to. When they got to the entrance hall though, Oliver Thorne stepped down from the staircase and started talking to Lucy. Even though he’d been the cause of her best friend turning, she couldn’t help but feel a little bit sorry for him. Especially when Laurel gave him an evil stare the way she did to nearly all the Vampyres. After he’d muttered his goodbyes and turned around to walk back up the staircase again, she nudged her friend.

“You should give him a chance you know… I think he’s sweet.” She said with a genuine smile, before leading Lucy down the hall to her bedroom. “I bet your room is so much nicer than this awful one. I’m sort of glad I haven’t seen it yet though, because if I had, that would’ve meant I’d needed to clean it, and that’d just be weird!” Mack giggled as she sat down on her bed, leaning against the wall opposite the bed that Lucy used to have. “Sooo… You probably want to know what happened, right? I sort of… Wait, okay. You can’t tell anyone, promise? Okay. So, I told Alaric I liked him. You know the one, right? I told you I liked him when he first arrived two years ago. Since you disappeared on me I’ve been talking to him lately. But I’m so stupid, Luce. I know he has Rory and everything, but where the heck has he even gone? Nobody’s even seen him for ages! Anyway, I told him that I liked him and I sort of kissed him but then Bella the b***h came in and reminded me that I was just a crappy maid. It’s true though, Luce. I’m just a maid. There’s nothing even slightly special about me. I set my sights way to high and I’m stupid for it.” Mack sighed and leaned her head back against the wall, waiting for her best friend to reply.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

████oLooking for treasure in the things that you threw, like a magpie, I live for glitter, not you.o

outfit

████

User Image

EnnaKhaos7's Pardner

Trash Hoarder

User Image
          User Image
                  。。。I'm sorry for the way I treated you.
                  I'm stuck in my ways to just run in the opposite way when things get comfortable.
                  I'll keep on licking 'til your flavor is gone.
                  Can you show me how to treat someone?
                  I don't recall ever learning how.
                  'Cause I keep screwing up.。。。

QuimTonight was the big Christmas Eve ball at Chateaux de l’Eclipse and it was the last thing that Corvo wanted to attend, especially since he didn’t know if Ryder would be there or not. Not that it matted then, it shouldn’t have mattered, but it really did and he wouldn’t let anyone see how much it did matter. Corvo was supposed to be accompanying Alexis to the ball tonight when she wasn’t with her family, he asked her before, and it was a given now. Everyone around knew that there was something between them, even though it wasn’t much right then. She was so different from Ryder. He moved Corvo from all of the bad things that he did in his past, but Lexi made him want to forget about everything he had ever done before. It was upsetting how much he was torn between the two siblings, but Ryder made his choice for him that day. Corvo stared back at the hazel eyes that were staring at him through the mirror as he recollected the past few weeks. It was nice to have the attention of someone so wonderful, but the price of it was his friendship with Ryder, and he was sure that there was no fixing that at all. The vision of himself had gotten foggy and he didn’t bother to wipe it away before turning and stepping into the shower with a sigh of relief. Tonight is going to be horrific. I know it is. God, why do I screw everything up for everyone? It’s a wonder I’m still here actually. Corvo had been expecting his father to bring him and Jace home for weeks now, but not a single letter or phone call had happened and he guessed that he was probably happy only Jessica was left in the house instead of the two boys.

It didn’t take Corvo long to finish up showering and getting dressed in an off grey pair of jeans and a white v-neck t-shirt. He flopped backwards onto his bed and stared up to the ceiling for a while, knowing that it was still a bit early for all of the Vampyres to be up and roaming around right then, even though it was nearly noon. He figured that they were all trying to get ready for that night, and that was all fine and dandy with him. That would mean not many people would come up to him and ask him things. His nerves were shot enough as it was. Corvo sat up and pulled on his shoes, lacing them up slowly, before standing up and heading over to the desk, opening a drawer, and looking inside at his various pairs of glasses. It was odd that his eyesight was off because he was a Vampyre, but it ran in his family and he unfortunately got it. He was told that he looked nice in glasses though, so it didn’t tend to faze him most times. He picked up a pair of thick circular glasses and pushed them up the bridge of his nose until they sat comfortably on his face. A minute later he pulled on his family ring and pulled a grey button up sweater off of his hanger, slipping his arms in it, without even buttoning it up. He figured that he should go try to find Jace to see if he was going to attend the party that night, which he was sure he would. Corvo was still on the fence about whether he wanted to play in front of everyone or not seeing as he finally finished a song, but he knew that if Ryder was there, there would be no way he would be brave enough to get on that stage.

The moment Corvo left his room there were a few maids who rushed by and headed right up to the next floor, the one that was occupied by the Eclipse family, with arms filled with dresses. Already? He thought as he walked on down the stairs and towards the breakfast room. Nothing in there seemed to make him hungry though, and his nerves were already giving him hell as it was. Corvo knew that if he ate then that he’d be a mess later. He nodded at a table of Vampyres before turning and leaving. They were older and there was a possibility they had higher authority in the Vampyre world, so he was just paying his respects to them. Then again there are a lot of bigoted bastards that sit on the council. His political knowledge reminded him as he walked along the hallway, unaware of where he was walking until he walked into the entertainment room. Been a while since I’ve been in— His thoughts stopped as he looked over to the floor to see Jace with his eyes closed and Corvo knew exactly what he’d been doing, unfortunately. Jace opened his eyes and a look of panic settled across his brother’s face once he realized that he was standing over him, and then saying that he could explain. Could he? Corvo, of all people, knew that there was really no viable explanation for doing drugs, it was just usually lie upon lie, but he’d still hear Jace out because he was his brother and Corvo’s heart broke for him. All he could do was look at Jace and listen to what he was saying. Oh, god. This is my fault. I should have asked for him to come with me. Nothing Jace was saying was a lie and Corvo could read that on his face, no matter how high he was right then.

He held his hand up, trying to get Jace to calm down and to be quiet for a moment. “Jace—” He said, only to have him tell him no, that he’d finish telling him what he needed to. Corvo just put his hand down and looked down to his shoes before back over to his brother. When Jace was finished, Corvo walked closer to him and sat down beside him, ignoring the fact that he flinched away from him. He didn’t say a single word as he reached over to his brother and pulled him into his chest, stroking his hair and telling him that it’s okay. “Jace, it’s okay. All right? I get it. More than you know, I really do.” He let his hand drop, but let Jace stay there on him as long as he wanted. “I’m not going to tell father anything, don’t worry, but this stuff can tear you apart, Jace. I know from experience.” He didn’t really want to get in to how he was before, especially since no one knew but their parents and Ryder. “When father had me first going out and going places I got into some really bad habits. Drinking. Drugs. I was a complete a**. That’s why he kept me away for so long. I finally got better after going to the Soleil manor. Everyone there was so nice. Everyone. I met Ryder and I knew that I actually had a friend. You were so young, too young to understand, and Jessica doesn’t care about anyone but herself. You may like it now but it changes you. It really does. I can’t tell you what to do or when to do it; I can just tell you my story.”

Corvo shook his head, pushing away the urge that he had gotten, and decided to force it down with a hard swallow. He wondered if Jace had anything else, he wouldn’t want his nose hurting all night, but he could really use a high right then. Corvo, you’re an idiot. You’re about to ask your baby brother for drugs. You need to stop. Now. But he didn’t. His voice was shaky when he opened his mouth to speak again. “You dress fabulously, of course, they’re just jealous. And so what if you’re gay? That’s who you are and you can’t let them dictate your life because that’s just what it is. Your life. You made the decision to come here.” He didn’t even know what he was talking about anymore because he couldn’t keep his eyes off of the powder that was inches away from him. “I’m sorry that I wasn’t there.” Corvo looked towards the ceiling, hoping to shake the thoughts from his mind again, but this time he really did fail and with a deep breath he looked over to Jace, who had sat up from him and was looking at him. “Got anything else? I think I could really use a fix right now.” He asked, shame filling his mind, but soon that shame would be gone and replaced with something much, much better.

Outfit

Pinky Magica's Husband

Angelic Glitch

User Image User Image User Image

User Image

I want to say I lived each day until I died
                                                  and know that I meant something in somebody's life
                                                  the hearts I have touched will be the proof that I leave
                                                  that I made a difference and this world will see
                                                  I was here, I lived, I loved

It was easy for Rory to slip into Chateaux de l’Eclipse without being seen because of all the guests arriving for the Christmas party. Standing in the entrance hall surrounded by all the decorations and knowing that Alaric would already be in the ballroom drained away nearly all of his self control. He wanted to use his Vampyre speed to run to his soulmate because the past few weeks away from him had been unbearable. It was necessary, Rory told himself like he had done a thousand times. Just a little while longer. You can do it. You’ve come this far. As hard as it was to force himself up the winding staircase, he managed it at last. There was a slight hesitation when he reached the second floor because that was where Ric’s room was. Their blood was long gone out of their systems and he couldn’t tell where his love was, knowing that Alaric wouldn’t be able to sense him either. Rory knew he was there though. This party was an important one because it marked the end of the feud between the Eclipse and Soleil clans. He might’ve been away in the human world, but after meeting the person he’d set out to meet, he knew everything that was happening in both households. Rory finally arrived at the door to his bedroom on the third floor and touched the door handle, slowly pushing it open whilst sucking on the peppermint that had been in his mouth since he’d come through the magnolia tree.

The smell that greeted him made Rory fall back against the door when he’d closed it. Ric… He thought. The smell was apple pie and sunshine memories. Lying on the grass verge overlooking the lake and leaning on Alaric’s chest memories. Sleeping in the very bed he was staring at right now and cuddling up to his soulmate memories. Standing in their special garden where they’d first met in the rain memories. Roric memories. Rory stood there leaning against the door for support as he took in the emotions that had come flooding back to him, his eyes closed. All he could see was Alaric and his perfect dark blue eyes staring back at him. When he opened them again after several minutes of just breathing in and out, Rory knew he had to move quickly. He couldn’t go another hour without seeing Alaric. He just couldn’t. After dropping his rucksack at the foot of his four poster bed, he shrugged off his jacket and headed straight into his en-suite bathroom, knowing that if he paused to look at anything else, he’d be stuck there thinking about Ric instead of actually getting ready to see him.

His bathroom looked exactly like he’d left it except for his tangerine body wash which he noticed when he went to switch the hot water on in the shower. It was almost gone, with only a few drops left in the bottom. That was the only confusing thing that was different though. Rory shrugged it off and started to get undressed whilst the bathroom steamed up from the water. He’d had to keep up with appearances in the human world which meant that he didn’t need to shave because he had done so earlier the previous day. There was just the right amount of neat stubble on his face that he liked. Rory stepped into the shower and gave a contented sigh. It wasn’t as though he hadn’t had showers whilst he’d been away, it was just that there was nothing better than being home after being gone for so long. No, it was my home. My home is in Ric’s heart now. I’ll go wherever he wants me to. Rory corrected himself mentally. He might be eternally indebted to the Eclipse family, but Alaric was his one true love and he would follow him to the ends of the earth. There was a faint smile on his face as he scrubbed himself clean, remembering the first time they’d showered together. So many firsts… I’m looking forward to re-enacting a lot of them… He grinned, pouring the last of his body wash onto his hair and washing the travel dust off him.

When he was fully clean, Rory switched off the water, and wrapped one of the familiar dark blue fluffy towels he favoured around his waist, grabbing another for his hair. “Hey Momma. Dad. Jamie. Lily. I’m going to do it. I am. It’ll be midnight soon and I want to do it then, so it’s officially on Christmas day. I wish you could be here, I really do. I know I’ve said it before but you’d love Ric so much. Especially you, Lily. You could swap fashion tips. Heh…” Rory said to the photograph collage that was framed on his desk back in his bedroom as he dried his hair. “I know you’d approve of him, Momma. You too, Dad. He’s just one of those people that you can’t help but love. And I do love him. I love him more than I love anything else on this earth. I’m repeating things I’ve told you so many times but I guess I’m nervous. Do you think he’ll be angry at me for leaving without saying goodbye? I had to do it though. I couldn’t tell him because I know you’d get mad at me otherwise, Momma. You always taught me how to treat people properly, and I know Dad asked your parents before he asked you. I think I wanted to do it so badly because it was sort of a tribute to you both. I had do something in commemoration of you guys because you can’t be here. You’re always here in my heart though. All of you. I love you all and that’s never going to change. Send me your love from the heavens…”

Rory kissed the frame that contained his family before gently placing it back on the desk where it belonged. Lily’s white ribbon was lying in front of it and he touched it for a moment, thinking back to when he found it in the empty house. No. No sad thoughts. Not today. He told himself firmly, turning away from his desk so that he could get ready. Once he was completely dry, Rory zipped open his wardrobe and pushed all of the clothes that were hanging there to one side. The black bag was there just like Rory had requested. He mentally thanked Woolfred as he slipped it off the hanger and laid it over his bed. He wasn’t one to usually wear suits, even to the Eclipse parties, but tonight was a special occasion. Rory pulled the zip down from the bag and took out the clothes inside. They smelled like freshness, if that was even possible. Focus. He thought. His mind was running all over the place and his hands started shaking the moment he picked up the crisp, white shirt, slipped his arms through the holes, and began to button it up. There was no way that he could hide his nervousness right at that moment, but at least he wasn’t in front of at least a hundred people like he would be later. “It’ll be okay.” He murmured softly, tugging on his smart, black trousers. There would be no black jeans tonight, no way.

After fixing the black, grey and dark blue tie up around his neck, Rory fastened the amethyst and emerald cufflinks to his sleeves, trying to steady his breathing. Well, I have to still be me at least a bit, Rory grinned moments later as he laced up the black hi-top canvas shoes that were on his feet. When he was done, he stood up straight and stared down at his attire. “Oh crap…” Was the only thing he could say because now that he was fully dressed it was time to go and do the most nervewracking thing that Rory had ever done in his entire existence. “Just breathe,” he whispered to himself before slowly nodding and moving across his bedroom back to his desk. He opened the second to last drawer and pulled out the aftershave he kept in there that he only ever wore to parties. It smelled like the world did after the rain. He spritzed it once and then replaced it, only wanting to put a little bit on. It mixed nicely with the tangerine scent that was coming from his hair and body. There’s nothing else for me to do, and it’s nearly midnight, he thought, mentally preparing himself. “Wish me luck.” He said to the photo collage one last time before taking a deep breath and opening the door to his room.

Rory didn’t remember making his way back down the staircase, but he must’ve done it somehow because the next time he looked up, he was standing at the double glass doors that led into the ballroom. Vanilla coloured star lights hung around the room, turning it into a perfectly elegant Christmas wonderland. Elissiana had excelled with the decorating as usual. There was just something different this time though. It looked so much more perfect, or maybe it was just that way because Rory felt as though he was on a complete high. He gazed around the ballroom, taking note of the live band on the stage who were playing an instrumental version of Silent Night. The singer in the middle had his hands wrapped around a microphone, but Rory knew he wouldn’t need that when he was up there. The crowd of people all chattering away at the moment would fall silent the moment he got up on the stage. For now though, they paid him no attention whatsoever. Rory’s eyes strolled around the ballroom searching.

Finally, he saw who he’d been looking for. The Soleil family were standing around the table that had been reserved for them next to the Eclipse family. The second he saw Alaric laughing with his sister, Rory’s heart skipped a beat and he had to use all of his self control not to call out to him. It would ruin the surprise if he saw him right now. He made his feet move and slipped around the dozens of people around the other side of the room, completely avoiding the Eclipse family. Aeron caught his gaze though, and he received an encouraging smile which was probably supposed to calm him, but just made the butterflies in his chest flutter even more wildly. The violinist casually skipped a few verses to end the song when Rory started to walk up the steps of the stage. It’s now or never, he told himself, his hands starting to shake again.

“I-I’m sorry to interrupt your party but I’d like to give a speech. Don’t worry, I don’t have a dagger or anything this time. Although I do have some pretty dangerous words.” Oh my god, Rory. What are you even saying? The crowds had quietened down like he’d knew they would and he could feel the Soleil family burning holes into him, but he couldn’t look at them knowing that Alaric was probably feeling as though he wanted to hit him for showing up without even saying anything yet. He had to explain first, if his nerves ever sorted themselves out anyway. “If any of you have visited Chateaux de l’Eclipse in the past two hundred and fifty years, then you’ll know all about me. Those of you who don’t, well, I’m Rory Zeverai. When I was brought here by Aeron, the whole Eclipse family showed me a great kindness by taking me in and practically treating me as one of their own kin. I owe so much to the Eclipse family, every single member of them in so many different ways. My speech isn’t about that right now though. It’s about an incredibly special person who taught me how to live again, something I’d forgotten after I was turned. Right now that person is probably angry at me, and they have every right to be. I disappeared a few weeks ago without even saying goodbye to them. I do have a reason for that though…”

I really wish my hands would stop shaking. Rory thought, clasping them behind his back and trying desperately to just calm down. “My reason is that I was asked something that I had to decline at the time. There’s an old human tradition. I know it will sound silly to all of you when I explain it, but because I was once a human and it was important to my family, it means a lot to me. When a human falls in love with another human, before they ask that person to marry them, it’s an old custom to ask the person’s parents for their hand in marriage. It’s a sign of respect. Proof that you’re going to do anything it takes to be with that person. My father asked my grandparents for my mother’s hand in marriage before he asked my mother and she told me, my brother and sister so many stories about it, every single one of them filled with so much love and happiness. Th-they can’t be here tonight but I know if they were, they’d be proud.” Rory took a breath, blinking back tears. He couldn’t cry right now. He just couldn’t. Luckily, the tears subsided after a moment and he started speaking again to the crowd filled room that were hanging on to his every word.

“I’ve been away for the last few weeks because after Sera Soleil so kindly gave me her permission, I travelled to the human world. It wouldn’t have been right if I didn’t get the approval of both of my soulmates parents. It took me some time, but… I found him and after listening to my story, he gave me his approval as well. That leads me up to right now. Seb?” Rory called through the room, catching sight of the elder Vampyre who had just entered through the double doors. The crowd parted as he walked inside. Rory turned to face the Christmas tree standing at the back of the stage, leaned up and gently tugged the star down. All the while, Aeron was edging closer to him from the Eclipse table. After opening the little catch on the star, Rory took out the coil of string and slipped the ring that had been his pocket the whole time onto it. He kept hold of the end with the ring, and passed the other down to Aeron. There was complete silence now although there had been some muttering and gasping when Sebastian Soleil had walked in. Rory could hear his own heartbeat pounding in his ears as he watched Aeron walk over to Sebastian and pass him the string.

Seb slowly wandered over to the Soleil table, keeping his eyes locked on his wife’s until the moment he was there. Then he turned to his youngest son and smiled. Without saying a word, he tied the string around Ric’s middle finger, nodded and then stepped back into the arms of his daughters who weren’t going to let him go another second without giving him a hug. “This string…” Rory said, and all eyes switched back to the stage and where he stood with a trembling hand. “The string symbolises my love. There’s these invisible threads that’s linked me to you forever, Ric.” Rory finally looked at his soulmate, taking in the expression on his face and feeling so much more confident than he had a few moments ago. “Those threads won’t ever be broken. This ring… There’s two diamonds set into it. They symbolise me and you. The blue diamond in the middle is our love. It took me a while to find the perfect mixture of both of our eye colours, but I did it. The silver circle ring proves that we’re forever entwined together. Our love for each other is a never ending circle that just goes round and round. Alaric Thomas Soleil... You’re the light in my life and the star to my darkness. You’re my soulmate and I love you with every fibre of my being.” Rory took another breath and let the ring slip down the ring, watching it fall all the way to Alaric’s finger. “Will you do me the honour of marrying me?”

I have loved you for a thousand years
                                                              I'll love you for a thousand more

συтfιт

EnnaKhaos7's Pardner

Trash Hoarder

User ImageUser Image

Alaric shifted awkwardly in the chair that he was sitting in at the Soleil table while listening to the band playing their music. It was still early in the evening and there were still guests arriving and it was his family’s duty, alongside the Eclipse family, to greet each person who would come up to their table. It wouldn’t have been if tonight wasn’t so important to both of the families, but he learned early on, especially when he tried to get Sera to let him sit somewhere else away from most people, that this was just one thing he couldn’t get out of. He toyed with the hilt of his sword that was sitting on the table in front of him, as it should have been since it was common courtesy and Léon would have had his head if he didn’t, but the mere sight of it had reawakened memories that he wanted to keep tucked away deep down inside of him. Memories of Rory and of this very room only a few weeks ago, things that seemed so distant now, and the very thought of them made his heart ache like it had every day since Rory disappeared. Luckily enough the guests were slowing down on paying their respects to each member of both families and Alaric couldn’t have asked for a break to come sooner. Minutes later, after the last few guests had greeted them, Woolfred stood on the stage and quickly caught everyone’s attention. He introduced the ball, both families, and then declared the official start of it. Alaric looked over to Sera who nodded and he shot right up, not wanting to sit there any longer, and smoothed his jacket before glancing around to see who was closest to him. “Lexi!” Ric nudged his twin sister with a grin. “Isn’t Corvo just looking spectacular tonight in his grey suit?” He teased her. It was always fun to do so because he knew that she’d always tease back. He turned and looked down the table at Ryder.

Alaric felt horrible just seeing his brother look so different. He picked up his sword and fastened it onto his belt before walking up to Ryder and hugging him without warning. His dark eyes scanned his brother, noting the look on his face. Ric had seen that look plenty of times in the past few weeks on himself. It was crazy how much alike he and his siblings were at times, especially when they were upset. Although he’d already stepped back from the hug, Ric didn’t let go of Ryder’s arms as he smiled up to him. He didn’t really have to say anything at all, there wasn’t much he could say, but he hoped that Ryder knew that he was there for him and that he loved him. He dropped his hands and watched as Sera told Léon that he should ask Elissiana to dance, since she was the eldest Eclipse daughter. The look on his older brother’s face would have made even the saddest person crack a smile. He’d never seen his brother look like that before, and he couldn’t even help but smile at the scene before him. Finally he got a moment alone with Sera and he, very childishly, looked at her with puppy eyes until she gave him a hug. Alaric always knew that hugs from his mama would be the best ones ever. There was no doubt about it. She gently rubbed his back and he laid his head on her shoulder for a moment before she told him that they’d talk later. Ric nodded and let go with a grin. “Okay. I’m going to go and bother Mels.” If she’s not all over Hugo. He thought with a small laugh as he entered the crowd. Alaric really did try to ignore some of the looks that he had gotten as he walked through but some of them were just really hard to miss. Then there came the comments. His name being whispered and people giving him pity filled smiles. The more he heard, the more the scar over his heart began to hurt and burn. He didn’t regret what happened here on the first one bit, in fact, if he could go back to try again he’d do the same thing over.

Ick. He thought, to himself as he finally made it out of the crowd and spotted the brightest red dress that was at that party. Even if he didn’t know Melody, he would know that it was her just from how expensive it looked. He grinned again, pushing back the thoughts of what the people were saying as well as the thoughts of Rory, who he knew wouldn’t be there of course, to the back of his mind as he walked towards her. Alaric snuck up behind Melody and draped his arms around her shoulders. “Only a Devon could look that brilliantly in red. Well, apart from a Soleil of course.” He smiled to both her and Hugo who was there with her, not that it surprised Ric one bit. “Sorry, Hugo, I’m going to steal your date away for a minute.” Hugo nodded and said something about going to get drinks as Alaric led Melody to the dance floor. The band played an upbeat Christmas song and he started to laugh. “Well, Mrs. Thorne. Or will you keep your last name as Devon once you two get married?” He asked with a playful grin. Alaric spun her around as the music moved into a softer tone. The music wasn’t settling well with him and his heart started to hurt. It just reminded him of last Christmas; his first Christmas with Rory, and he wasn’t sure what sort of face he made, but Melody put her hand on his face. “I’m okay. Let’s get you back to your date, shall we? He’s looking mighty lonely over there. Just look at him. He’s looking at you oh so longingly.” Alaric teased her before taking her back to Hugo. “See you two later, lots of people, too many to dance with. I must make my mother happy or else she’ll, well you know, Mels.” He waved as he turned to disappear back into the crowd.

Once he found who he was looking for, Alaric’s smile widened. He didn’t expect to make a friend in the time that Rory was away, but as soon as he thought about what had happened earlier, his smile faded slightly and he bit the inside of his lip. How could he even approach Mack now? She knew that he still had so many feelings for Rory and that he had no idea where their relationship stood right now. Ric felt horrible, but he thought that she caught sight of him, so he walked over to her and smiled. “Hey Mack. You look stunning tonight. Why aren't you out dancing?” She did. He had never seen her out of either her work outfit or her casual wear but it was nice to see her all dressed up. “You’re going to dance with me, right?” Ric asked, taking hold of her hand anyways and pulling her to the dance floor. Luckily enough the song wasn’t as upbeat as the one he danced to with Melody. He wasn’t sure whether Mack had any ballroom dance training at all. Not like the years of training I had at least. She hadn’t mentioned the fact that she kissed him earlier, so he figured that the other maid didn’t say anything about what he said to her. “Mack, I just want to say that it’s okay. About earlier. Don’t let her get you down, okay? You’re far better than she is. Look at who is serving the drinks and who is on the floor. It’s sorta like you’re Cinderella. Or some other princess that I can’t think of because I’m not my sister.” He grinned and took her back to where she was as the music transitioned into another song that made his heart hurt. Alaric smiled and let her hand go after giving it a small peck. “See you soon. I should probably get back and tell my mother that I’ve danced with a couple of people or she’ll have my head.”

Once Alaric got back to the Soleil table he saw his twin sister and flopped his arm and head onto her shoulder. “Lexiiii,” He whined, “Have you danced at all?” Why wouldn’t she have danced? Corvo was looking mighty fine tonight and Lexi had been spending her time with him for the past few weeks. He better have asked her to dance. Before she could answer, Emilé came up and poked both of their noses at the same time, which made Alaric start laughing. She was always a bit odd when it came to having a drink, but at least she got the good drinking genes. The ones that didn’t make you wallow in self pity like he had and with that thought he glanced over to Ryder just to be sure his brother was okay. He couldn’t see Léon at first, but he was between the Soleil and Eclipse tables with Lissi and that made Alaric’s smile grow much wider. His eldest brother looked so nervous and excited at the same time. Sera was talking to an elder Vampyre that showed up to the party and Jenny was off doing who knew what. Probably looking for a husband, that crazy girl. He thought as he listened to the music, noticing that they skipped a bit of it. Rude. He thought as the crowd started to fall unusually silent although Emilé was still chatty as ever. That’s when Alaric heard the one thing he thought he wouldn’t hear again and his face had fallen from a smile into something indescribable that could be registered as hurt, anger, love, nerves, embarrassment, or a mixture of all of the above.

If Alaric were his twin in that very moment, he probably would have been upset, angry, or just plain scared with how much he had to hold on to her to keep from falling over. He didn’t mean to, he didn’t even realize that he had a death grip on her hand until he forced himself to look away from Rory. His eyes met his twin’s in an apologetic stare as he loosened his grip and looked back to the stage. He could feel the heat rising from his face as he listened to what Rory had to say. His heart hammered in his chest and he tried to steady his breathing. What on Earth was he doing? Why was he even here? It was his home before you moved in, Ric. He thought to himself. Oh my—he actually dressed nice. He dressed in a suit. Well, part of a suit. Is this real right now or did I get stabbed again and I’m dying? Dangerous words? Alaric wasn’t sure whether he wanted to just shoot daggers—or throw them—into Rory or just grin right now. He just ran off without saying a single word to him after Alaric asked him the most important question that he ever wanted to ask someone. Family was a big deal to him and he asked Rory to join his only to be denied. So what did he have to say now? Ric stopped his thoughts from racing as he decided to just listen to what he had to say, but that didn’t stop the embarrassment from spreading across his cheeks. He suddenly started to feel really hot in his jacket but he knew that if he took it off it would have been so completely obvious.

So Rory had to turn him down, to leave him, all because of a human tradition? Alaric didn’t understand. Rory wasn’t a human anymore, he was a Vampyre, but Alaric couldn’t judge that. There was many times where he thought that if Rory was given the chance to be a human again that he’d take it. Stupid. Stop thinking and just listen. It was for his parents, to make them proud, and now Alaric felt ashamed at his thoughts and he was sure that if his own parents could have heard them, that they would have been ashamed as well. He could hear it in his voice that he was trying to not cry. Alaric knew Rory like he knew the back of his own hand. However the moment Rory started talking about getting permission from both of his parents, Alaric’s eyes widened, especially after he said “Seb.” Was he talking about his father? What was even happening? He turned, wide-eyed, and looked away from Rory and towards the crowd that was parting to let the tall, familiar man through. Ric tried to breathe. He tried so hard to breathe, but the air just wouldn’t come. He wasn’t sure if Lexi was holding him up or if he was holding her up, and he didn’t even miss the way that Léon slowly let go of Elissiana’s hand, or the way that Sera looked as though she would fall over, or at how Jenny somehow came back to the table sometime between when he first looked for her and now, or how Emilé clutched onto the table to hold herself up. It was the biggest shock that any of them had gone through in a while, and the only two that seemed to be any good at holding it together were his mother and Léon. He didn’t understand what his father was doing here, or why he had just taken something from Aeron Eclipse, or why he was walking back to their table and towards him. Alaric felt like he could fall over dead at any minute, he wasn’t even sure how he was still standing anymore.

“D-Daddy?” Alaric said the moment that Sebastian took his hand, tears filling his eyes. He didn’t care how childish anyone there would portray him later on. This was his father. He missed his father. His father had just tied a string to his hand. His face twisted into a confused expression before he looked back up to Sebastian and was nodded to. When Rory started to speak again, Alaric’s heart felt like it would just jump out of his chest. He could hardly hear the chiming of the clock as everything was drowned out of his mind besides Rory’s voice. His chest was rapidly rising and falling as he tried to steady his breathing. If the eyes weren’t on Rory, then they were on him and everyone in that room knew him as the youngest Soleil son from the esteemed Soleil family. He didn’t even realize the tears that spilled over and onto the floor as he looked up at Rory, just listening to everything that he had said. All of the thoughts that he had before, the ones where he had just run off to be with someone else, or that he didn’t love him anymore, or that he wasn’t good enough for Rory had all disappeared the moment the ring slipped onto his finger. Ric watched it go down the string, sliding its way until it was safely resting around where it rightfully should be. The moment Alaric looked up to Rory; he heard the very question that he was expecting now. How could he answer him if he was all the way down here? He wasted no time in grabbing hold of the string and following it upon the stage after being sure that Lexi would be okay now that she was huddled up to their father.

Alaric followed the string, balling up the slack in his hand as he walked towards the stage, and when he finally got up there, he stayed inches away from Rory, just looking at him. Finally he managed to find his voice and he looked away from his soulmate’s face and down to the ring. “You could have said goodbye, you know?” He said before continuing without letting Rory have a chance to speak. “I sat here for weeks just wondering if you would come back or if you loved me or if I was completely in the wrong. I understand, don’t get me wrong, I really do, but I could choke you right now despite how unbelievably happy I am.” Alaric didn’t notice that he was talking through tears as he still stared down to the ring on his finger. It was perfect. Rory was perfect. This entire set up was perfect. “You—” He started again, “—you brought my daddy home… You went to the human world for the first time since you’ve been turned, and you did all of this for me?” He asked. He wasn’t even sure if he knew the answer right then. “Rory…” He looked up and stepped closer, still not touching him despite the want to reach out and grab him. "I’ve never been so sure of anything in my life. I will marry you… I love you… I just… I don’t know what else to say… Except that I love you, I can’t say that enough…” He reached out for Rory and grabbed his top, pulling him close to him and wrapping his arms around him, feeling the familiar body that he knew so well, before finding Rory’s lips with his and closing his eyes. He never thought that tonight would be this absolutely perfect, and he never thought he would be in front of a crowd of a hundred Vampyres and speaking that much. He didn’t care right then and he felt like he’d never care again as he lost himself in Rory’s kiss.

Outfit

User Image

EnnaKhaos7's Pardner

Trash Hoarder

User ImageUser Image

oWithout you, the ground thaws, the rain falls, the grass grows.
Without you, the seeds root, the flowers bloom, the children play.
The stars gleam, the poets dream, the eagles fly, without you.
The earth turns, the sun burns, but I die, without you.o

outfit

QUIMThis was the first Eclipse ball that Sera Soleil had been invited to that she had accepted despite the pact being a couple of years old now. Traveling the worlds, both Vampyre and human, had taken quite some time to go from each member of the council’s house in order to prove that their pact would work. Sera would give them updates on how her two youngest children were doing in the Eclipse house while they observed how her interactions with Aeron were. After two thousand years fighting it was hard for a lot of the Elders to believe that they were actually taking a step in the peaceful direction, however Sera and Aeron had seemed to prove so despite the difficulties they had both faced over the past couple of years. She sighed as she stared into her bedroom mirror, looking at the gown that was halfway fixed on her body. It was black, a color that she was used to wearing, but this was the first time she thought she could wear it at Christmas time, with feathers and lace that flowed down the skirt, making the nearly see through fabric of it glisten between the feathers. The corset was sequined with a horizontal striped pattern that held a tanned color fabric in between each line. After another moment of Sera looking in the mirror she was sure that was what she would wear that night. She looked at her clock on the far wall and saw the time, realizing that she had to be sure everyone was ready to go in just half an hour.

Sera was relieved that she had already fixed her hair and makeup before getting dressed in her gown. She sat on her bed, and reached over, grabbing the pair of high heels and strapping them onto her ankles before standing up and walking back to her dresser. With each step she took, Sera’s nerves were going more and more haywire. This was a big night, not nearly as big as some other ones, but this would be a huge night for her to prove herself. She slipped her wedding set on her left hand and her signet ring on her right before grabbing a pair of dangling diamond earrings and hanging them on her ears. The jacket that she wanted to wear was already downstairs on the coat rack where she asked the maids to put it earlier so that she wouldn’t forget that it was the one she wanted to wear. Another short moment passed before Sera walked out and gathered up her children so that they could head to Chateaux de l’Eclipse. Once she got to her front door, she slipped her arms into a red and black jacket before walking outside and getting into their limousine. In other circumstances, Sera would have had the driver just take the smaller car, but everyone was going, and she was sure at least a few were coming back with them, so they needed the room this time.

The start of the ball was nothing but greeting people who came up to their table, that was it. It wasn’t fun, but it had to be done in order for the actual party to begin. Sera said hello to countless people and asked about their families, thanked them for coming, and accepted their compliments. Finally, after a while, Woolfred announced that they were ready to begin, so Sera stood up and so did all of her children. She looked over to Léon and grinned a mischievous little grin before reaching out and touching his shoulder. “Love, I do believe that you should ask Elissiana Eclipse to dance. Eldest son and eldest daughter? I do believe it’d be a wonderful thing if the two of you got to know one another.” She let go of his shoulder and patted his arm despite the apparent nerves that were stuck on his face. However, her eldest son had gained composure of himself before turning and facing the Eclipse table. When Sera turned to look and see where the rest of her children were and what they were doing, she turned and saw Alaric standing there and staring at her, begging was written all over his face, so she opened her arms and pulled him close. It felt like it had been forever since the last time she hugged him, so Sera made it last. However, they had things to do and people to see, so she took a step back and patted his face. “We’ll talk later, okay, darling?” He nodded and mentioned that he was going to go and see Melody, which was perfectly fine with her. Melody was a sweet girl and very much their family.

When Sera turned back around, she saw Ryder just leaning against the wall and she walked over to him. “You stay sober, Ryder, I mean it.” She whispered to him in a stern voice. She wasn’t going to have him sulking just then, no matter where Corvo was at or what had been happening between the two. She knew much more than she would let on. She only said that for his own good. After she made sure she had an eye on all of her children, she looked over to the Eclipse table where Aeron and Logan were speaking. She decided that she would need to speak with Logan, especially if she wanted to take the twins home for Christmas, so she made her way over to them. “Good evening, Logan, thank you for inviting my family once again. You have lovely decorations!” Sera allowed her eyes to wander for a moment before landing back on the young Vampyre’s face. “I have a matter to discuss with you. Aeron and I decided that it would be a great year to be with our own families for Christmas, so I’d like to take Alaric and Alexis home with me, if you wouldn’t mind.” She didn’t think he would, but when he gave his answer, she gave him a satisfied grin before another elder Vampyre came up and started to speak to her. He wanted to speak to her about Sebastian, as though that wasn’t a painful subject. He mentioned at how they worked together back a few hundred years ago before he was passed down the land from his father. It wasn’t a secret that Sebastian had come from a lower class family, but when it was mentioned; Sera could only bite back her words in frustration. She married the man because she loved him, not because she was forced to as a lot of people believed.

“Is that so? Well, I’m sure he’d appreciate the fact that you remember him.” Her voice was cheerful although she wanted to just yell at the man. Luckily enough she could see a bright red dress from the corner of her eye, and when she turned, it was exactly who she expected to see. “Melody, sweetheart, how have you been?” She said, hugging the girl back. Melody was her long lost daughter, she would always believe that. She had always gotten along so well with the twins and she was the first person outside of their family that they let in. After they let go of one another, Melody promptly introduced her date as Hugo Thorne and Sera grinned as she observed him. He looked decent enough, not his looks, but how he carried himself, although she was sure that Melody had a way with snatching up the pretty boys before anyone else could have them. They were adorable together, and the way he looked at Melody had made Sera’s heart melt. It was always the small sideways glances, the ones that the other couldn’t see, that proved how much love there was actually there. “It’s very nice to meet you, Mr. Thorne.” Sera smiled, but the smile soon faded as soon as the band stopped playing their music and she heard a voice upon the stage. She looked in the direction and a worried look settled upon her face. It wouldn’t have been fair to ask what Rory was doing there considering that was his home, but she had spoken to Alaric quite a few times and she knew that Rory hadn’t returned to the Eclipse manor.

The things that Rory was saying weren’t necessarily untrue, but why would he have a reason to lie. Everything he had started to say after he said her name was drowned out by the sound of her own heartbeat in her ears. Did he just say “Seb?” She thought, looking towards where the crowd was parting and saw her husband walking inside of the room. Sera held her breath after being sure her face had an unreadable expression on it. This was too much. However that look that Sebastian was giving her, the one filled with love and apologies, made her to where she was able to take a breath and watch what was unfolding. She already knew, but it was still going to be amazing to watch. It filled Sera’s heart with joy as her and Sebastian’s daughters had all grabbed hold of him as soon as he was near, but as Rory continued on speaking, Sera made her way to her husband and linked their hands together, keeping her eyes on Rory before turning to see Alaric’s face the moment Rory asked the question that they’d all been waiting for. He looked as though he would drown in his tears at any moment and Sera wanted nothing more than to shield him from everything at that moment, but this was his time. She knew she couldn’t interfere, even though she had already given Rory her permission. She listened to what Alaric had to say before he accepted the proposal, and Sera couldn’t have been any prouder of him than in that moment. Her once terribly shy baby had proved to be a man and that was all she could ask for as she tightened her grip on Sebastian’s hand as though they had never parted at all.

Léon froze the moment that his mother told him to dance with Lissi. Of course he would be expected to and it wasn’t like they hadn’t danced time and time again before, it was just that they were now in front of their families and he was at her home. “Yes, mother.” He said. It was all he could say, he looked shocked and he was sure that he seemed it too, but instead of acting all of the emotions, all of the nerves, and everything else out, Léon turned and strutted right over to Elissiana, bowing to her, before asking if he could have this dance. The music was slow, which was great, because that meant they could talk. His hand wrapped around hers as his other hand found its way to the top of her hip, a form that was very proper and formal enough to play out the motions of “just meeting.” Léon grinned to her. “Hello,” He started, “Léon Thaddeus Soleil.” He introduced himself. “Might I say that you are looking completely breathtaking tonight?” It was the truth. “This is a beautiful ballroom you have. It’s so bright and gorgeous, wonderful décor. A brilliant mind had to have done this.” He was trying his best to charm her in front of everyone else so that they could have a reason to stand around together and just dance the night away. After the song turned into one that was a bit more upbeat, Léon noticed as Elissiana slipped something into his shirt pocket. He grinned again and spun her around out of timing and reached into his pocket, pulling the paper out and reading it. It said that she loved him and his heart sped up as he took her closer into their dance formation. He wanted to mouth the words, he wanted to tell her, to shout it in front of everyone, but he couldn’t. Not until this night was over at least. They had officially met in front of their families now and had no excuse to not know one another.

A few songs later it had changed to Silent Night and Léon danced her back closer to her table, where he just stood beside her and chatted about things around them. “This is excellent wine, Ms. Eclipse.” He said, taking a sip that he had taken from the tray that had gone by him, taking one for Lissi as well. As the song ended, he turned to see who was on the stage and it ended up being none other than Rory Zeverai. Léon was aware that the kid wanted to marry his baby brother and he vaguely wondered if that was what this entire ordeal was, or if he just wanted to make a show of himself. He looked over to Lissi; taking in how beautiful she was as she watched Rory on the stage. His eyes moved back to the boy speaking to the crowd as he began talking about his parents. Léon knew now what all of this was about, and he couldn’t stop this jealous burning feeling in his stomach. He knew that he should feel happy for his baby brother, but he was standing right here next to the love of his life and he wasn’t able to say a single thing. However, that feeling went away the moment he saw his father walk through the door. Léon didn’t mean to be rude or to walk away from Lissi, but he just felt like he needed to be with his family then, especially now that his father, who had been missing for years, had walked right through the doors. He had such mixed feelings about everything that was happening, but he watched as Rory asked Alaric if he would marry him and that rage bubbled up inside of him again before he quickly extinguished it. Léon watched as his baby brother walked to the stage, said his own speech, and then accepted Rory’s proposal. It was all a bit too much and he didn’t want to deal with it right then. He was happy for Alaric, he really was, if anyone deserved to be happy it was that kid, but his eyes wandered back over to Lissi and he gave her a look as though his heart would break at any minute. He wished he could have done that tonight. That he could have just gone up to the stage, confessed his feelings to the entire crowd, and then asked for her hand in marriage although they promised themselves to each other so, so long ago.

oThe tears dry, without you. Life goes on, but I’m gone. Cause I die, without you.o

User Image

EnnaKhaos7's Pardner

Trash Hoarder

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
                                                                        I want to tell you a story the only way that I can.
                                                                        I'm just replacing a man that came before me.
                                                                        And one day the world is gonna see another man replacing me.
                                                                        That's just the way it's gotta be, it's always been that way.

I wanna love you. I wanna pass it on.
                                                                        I wanna give and give 'til it's all gone.
                                                                        I wanna know you while we have the time.
                                                                        'Cause that's all we've got to leave behind.

outfit

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

quimI should probably have a clean shave, it might be better. It is Christmas Eve after all. Wonder what Melody would think. If I should shave or shouldn’t. Nope, I’m going to, it’ll just look better. Hugo Thorne thought to himself as he stared into the foggy mirror of his bedroom. He’d just stepped out of the shower and had a towel wrapped around his waist as he pulled his shaving bag out from under the sink. Oliver had moved out of the room that they were in and then Woolfred promptly changed Hugo’s room afterwards. It had been tough without his brother with him all of the time, but he knew that it was time he let Olly go for a while. But he missed him more than ever. Hugo started to hum a Christmas tune while the straight razor slid across his skin, perfectly shedding off all of the stubble he usually kept there. Over the years he had perfected shaving and he preferred using his straight razor over any of the newer inventions. Electric razors. Really. It seemed like the world was getting lazier and lazier as time went on. Luckily enough he was around more Vampyres now than humans and they made the fact he lived through many eras much easier on him. When he was finally finished, Hugo took a hand towel and wiped the remaining cream from his face and reached for his aftershave, patting it on, and then rinsing his hands off and brushing his teeth. It wasn’t long now before he had to go and get Olly so that they could wait on Melody and Irisalee. He still couldn’t believe that his twin brother asked Risa to go to the ball with him. He was proud of him, but he was also really terrified. Risa was a little weird. Maybe he likes weird. Good for him though. He thought as he opened his wardrobe and pulled his suit out and laid it on his bed.

Within ten minutes Hugo was fully dressed and ready to go. He looked in the mirror and flattened his hair the best that he could before straightening his bowtie and grinned to himself. He was in a classic black suit, just as he tried to be with every event that he went to. As soon as he made sure his suit was void of all wrinkles, he opened his door and stepped out to the warm hallway, walking down the stairs ‘til he got to the first floor and knocked on Oliver’s door. “Ollyyy. Come on. Clock’s ticking.” He stepped back and leaned against the wall opposite of Olly’s room and waited for him to come out. “Well, don’t you look spiffy? You clean up nice, big brother.” His grin reached his eyes before he clapped Oliver on the back and the two of them walked to wait at the bottom of the staircase. They couldn’t stand directly at the bottom of them, so they stood to the side and waited for Melody and Risa. “So, you inviting Risa was a bit unexpected. What was up with that?” Hugo asked. He felt like he and his brother were getting pulled further apart as time went on. On one hand he really missed the bond that he had with him, but on the other he was happy that he could spend time with Melody without being overly worried about Olly. Hugo listened closely to his brother’s reply, but before he could say anything else, he looked over to the staircase and saw both of the girls coming down.

Hugo attempted to take a deep breath only for it to falter at the last second. Am I really so breathless? That was the only way he could describe how he felt right then. He stepped away from Oliver and extended his hand towards Melody once she was two steps away from the bottom stair. The moment she took his hand, he brought it up to his lips, keeping his blue eyes on her brown ones with a grin. “Hey there, beautiful.” He said with a wink as he gently held onto her elbow before guiding her away from the stairs and offering her his arm. Once she took it, Hugo looked over to Olly and grinned. His brother was coming out of his shell more and more as the days went on, especially around these two girls. It was nice to finally see and Hugo was so proud of him. He let his eyes wander back to Melody before taking a step towards the ballroom. It didn’t take the four of them too long to go to both the Eclipse and Soleil family, giving their thanks to the head of each household, and as soon as Woolfred announced that the party was ready to begin, Hugo grinned. “Well, we’ll see you kids later.” He said to Oliver and Irisalee before leading Melody to the dance floor. “You really do look amazing tonight.” He said after they were out away from most of the Vampyres. His hand went to the small of her back and he gently pulled her closer to him with a smile.

After one dance, Hugo decided that he should get them a drink. They could have danced a lot longer, but he figured that one of the Soleil family would come up to them just to talk to Melody, and even though he wanted her all to himself tonight, he figured that he should take a step back before he started to feel like he was smothering her. Just as soon as they got back to their table, Alaric Soleil came up behind Melody and said something about her dress. Hugo looked her up and down before looking back to Ric when he spoke up to him. He gave him a nod and a grin. “I’ll head and get us drinks then.” He flashed a grin and turned towards the drinks table as Ric took Melody to the dance floor. Hugo looked around for his brother and Risa, but he spotted Risa at a table in the corner and he started to feel worried. Why would Olly just ditch her like that? His thoughts raced as he wondered if his brother was okay before he got to the drinks table and saw Oliver holding a couple of glasses. He let out a sigh of relief before smiling to him. “Getting the lady a drink, yeah? My Olly! All grown up.” He wasn’t teasing him, he was being genuine and there was a pride in his tone. Whatever Melody was doing was absolutely working and he was happy for his twin. Once he reached the table, Hugo got two glasses of punch, not wanting to dampen the night with alcohol. Not this night. He thought, taking hold of the glasses in either hand and heading back to the table.

As soon as Hugo set the glasses down on the table, Alaric had come back and passed Melody back to him. “Have a lovely night, Ric.” He said, holding the punch out to Melody. “How’s he holding up?” He asked. Hugo didn’t usually concern himself with others relationships, even if they were friends, but he knew how much Melody cared for the Soleil family and she had even mentioned being worried about Alaric a time or two. Without much warning, she grabbed his hand and led him through the crowd, saying something about him needing to properly meet Sera Soleil. “Melody.” He said, stopping her in the middle of the dance floor and pulling her close to him. “First I need to say something, okay?” Am I doing this? Really? I better follow through this time. He thought as she looked up to him. He blinked slowly and gently pressed his forehead into hers before pulling back and kissing her nose. “I don’t want whatever happens to happen.” Hugo softly placed his hands on her face and studied her face as though he might never see it again. “You make me feel completely free of everything that has burdened me in my past. I-I just don’t want to make everyday a guess on whether you’ll have feelings for me or not. That’s all.” He didn’t wait on her to say anything back to him because he started to feel sick to his stomach. Instead Hugo led her over to the Soleil table and let her introduce him to Lady Soleil.

It was nice to see Melody looking so absolutely happy. She looked like she fit right in with the Soleil family. Lady Soleil really seemed to shine when speaking to her, but then he thought that maybe it was him. Everything that had to do with Melody had seemed to give him butterflies and a whole new outlook on life. When Melody introduced him, Hugo finally snapped out of his thoughts. “It’s a real pleasure to finally meet you, Lady Soleil.” Hugo bowed to the Elder Vampyre in front of him and looked back up to her with a small grin before straightening himself out. Only a second later, it seemed, did he hear Rory’s voice on the stage. Hugo watched the entire scene fold out. From the moment Rory started speaking, to Sebastian Soleil coming in, and then to Alaric accepting Rory’s proposal after letting him know how angry he was. Hugo wasn’t sure if this was all a good idea, but it was their relationship. He didn’t know how torn up Rory was when he was gone, but he was around Alaric when Alaric would actually come out of hiding and look for Melody. The guy didn’t even seem the same person, but he truly did hope for the best for them, and with that thought he looked over to see the look on Melody’s face. He would have loved to be able to read her thoughts right then. One of her best friends had just gotten engaged and Hugo even told her that he wanted more than to just see what happens with them. Tonight was just filled with a ton of surprises.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces