Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Canterell City

Created by Aquilla Kareen

Inspired by A dream

Profiles OOC
Plot Line

There was a time when vampires, shifters, witches, trolls, fairies, mermaids, etc where a common part of society. Not hunted, not condemned. They weren't myths, or tales told in books to children before bed. They were real, as real as you and me. But then the church became a more established source of power, and they told us that they were monsters. They told us to kill them, and send them back to the Hell they came from.

No one knows what happened to them. Most believed that it was all a story- that's all we think it is now a days. For those who believe, they have two theories: either they were all killed in the genocide, or they went into hiding. Let's just hope those who believe are accepting, because we found ourselves hiding.

We made an underground city. It's beautiful and modern, and possibly higher technology than the human world now. It takes up the size of North and South America, including Central. The year is 2014. And we of non-human race have made this our safe haven. At first it was easy for the humans to make their way here, and often they'd accidentally come in. So we created a lake above us, with a chamber that lets people in. Now we live here, but sources tell us that there is a small group of humans who are on our track, so now he have to decide what to do. Oh what will we do?
The Law of the Land

~Respect is the most important. Be respectful to yourself and fellow Gaian.
~Communication. There's an OOC thread for a reason!
~Minimum of one post every other day. See me for exceptions.
~Absences are to be posted on the OOC.
~No killing off someone's characters without their permission and mine.
~Romance is allowed, but nothing above PG13+
~GaiaOnline Terms of Service - Remember them...
~Profiles are to be PM'd to me with the the title "Canterell Safe Haven"
~No one liners, no txttlk.
~Have fun.
It's Time To Take Action

In Canterell City...

A palace like structure was the hub of activity for the day. Intelligence had come with news of a human group, so far unnamed, that was aware of their location- and population. Fear had struck the people and the biggest question being asked now is, "What now?" Everyone looks towards the Elders, the wisest, strongest, most influential people. Today the Elders meet to discuss the next step, and so far the regular population waits eagerly outside of the doors for the news.

Meanwhile...

The nameless group of humans have finally finished settling in their new headquarters, a small mansion half a mile away from a mini lake. The mansion from the outside looks somewhat abandoned, but if you came inside you'd see the most modern of equipment, and around 15 people hustling around doing miscellaneous tasks. They are preparing to face, to see, to meet supernatural people, the ones under the lake. Some people train in the basement, where they practice the art of fighting, or killing as some put it. All of their weapons and armor are blessed by the Pope himself, since one of the founder's is blood related to him. Some people are preparing what to say, and others are doing tasks to help out. But everyone is busy, because in five days time they plan on going to visit the City Under the Water....

((Official Opening Post. Feel Free To Start!))

Beep Beep Beep! The sound of a fire alarm screeched within the mansion, but no one paid any mind. They were all too busy to turn all ten of them off one by one. Smoke seeped from underneath the basement door, words of harsh criticism following. Downstairs a tall, thin figure stood right up close to a shorter one, blowing smoke in the kid's face. The red haired man stared unforgivingly at the younger one, rage only apparent in his words.

"Are you stupid, or cocky? Or are you asking for death on a silver platter," Quil asked, flicking ash of his dying cigarette at the kid. The kid flinched and hung his head. "If you think that type of skill is good enough to kill a vampire, then go home." He took another drag, slowly turning as he said, "Oh yeah, that's right. You don't have a home." He smirked. The kid couldn't see it, but tough love was better than letting him die from a cocky attitude and little skill. He walked back to his chair, back to his sword, and grabbed the holy water again, blessing the sword and coating it in the water.

He was getting anxious, the time was drawing nearer. It would be soon that he would meet all sorts of supernatural beings, and only supernatural. Then he could kill them. The thought brought a smile on his face.

Maki smiled brightly, brushing her long, silky black hair as she looked in the mirror, getting ready to serve the Elders. School, for a while, was cancelled, per order of the Elders. She had only heard bits and pieces of the rumors- humans, people found us. It was an interesting concept, and one she was somewhat excited about. But the more she thought about it, the more she remembered Ariel, her Great Aunt who had been enslaved by some sailors and used for whatever sick sport they decided. She wasn't even sure if Ariel was still alive, but knew she probably wasn't...

Nevertheless, she had to smile. She had been requested by the Mermaid Queen, Leona, to attend the Elder's meeting as a waitress to the Queen. And she was excited, not many people got requested on their day on, and never to join an Elder meeting. She would know for certain what was going on, and she'd gain more respect in the community for being given the opportunity. With a laugh she looked at her dark orange gown once more, and then made her way down the hall to the council room...

Merry Bachelorette

User Image
She sipped from her cup of black tea as she went on reading her 3 inches thick handbook. The eidolon girl remained unmoved despite the worsening situation around her. The pacific atmosphere earlier was disrupted after a citizen burst the door open and announced the news about humans. "For the nth time, they are talking about those again." she thought with a blank face. The issue sure is threatening Canterell's security, she knows that, but still, everyone must stop stressing themselves over it. Instead of squabbling repeatedly about it, why not do something? The elders surely can do that. They got every ounce of power needed to execute a plan to solve this. "Huh. They themselves and their incompetence are adding to the matter. " her opinion echoed in her mind. She changed her posture. She rested her elbow on the silky, maroon armchair and used her knuckles to support her cheek as she looked outside the glass window.

It took hours. Four hours and seventeen minutes to be exact. The Elders had started off in much disagreement, some wanting a small army waiting for when they come, others to speak with them and talk. And some, to just drive them out with scare tactics. But the way they bickered and disagreed was organized, one at a time, clock wise. Raise your hand if you wish to speak out of turn.

Getting close to the end of the meeting, the Fae King turned to Maki and asked for her opinion. She had heard all of their ideas, listened to their reasoning, and should by know have her own. She took a moment to think, and then she replied. "I fear a tempered reaction would cause panic out on the streets. But at the same time we don't know why they want to find us- whether it be to kill us or talk to us, that remains to be seen. Letting them enter our city is absolutely irresponsible, since they could cause a mass genocide and this is a safe place." She sighed and thought for a few more minutes. "Send two or three people out of the city. People with good heads on their shoulders, who also know how to fight." She nodded slowly as she talked, her mind already coming up with ideas of the people. "I'd suggest the Eidolon girl, I think her name starts with an A. She's smart and reliable."

The Elders were silent, and some had it pretty clear written that they didn't understand why they should let two people out of the city. So she continued, "If we meet them halfway, our people are safe. If you have two or three people, one can come back down with news of how it went. The others can answer questions and find out who they are and what they want."

She was then sent out of the room. She sighed, thinking she had messed up, and walked down to a tea shop nearby. She walked in, smiling again, and said hello to everyone. She then saw the Eidolon girl, and walked over, taking a seat near her. "Hey, how are you?"

Merry Bachelorette

User Image

Hearing a feminine voice, she temporarily paused and glanced at where it came from. The speaker was a female Fae known for being a servant of the Queen and whom they called Maki. She smiled faintly at her even though she wasn't exactly happy about her presence. "Oh hello there. I'm doing good. How about you? How did the meeting go?" she asked after sipping from her warm cup. "Something's up today, huh? It didn't crossed my mind of her paying me a visit and even accompanying me on one of my days." she anxiously thought. She is getting a bad feeling about her sudden meeting with her. Her mind suddenly created unpleasant ideas that she is starting to fear of. When a maid was about to fully pass by their table, she rang the golden bell she had brought to catch her attention. The maid turned around and asked what Aura wants. "Please give my friend here a drink that she wants." she ordered kindly and faced Maki. "I'll treat you. I have a feeling our conversation will not be that short." her lips curved into a wider smile after her statement.

Maki smiled politely at the girl. "The meeting, well. Let's just say it's not over yet." She sighed softly, pushing her black hair out of her face. After taking a deep breath, she looked at the girl in front of her. She had pretty brown hair the complimented her peachy skin. For some reason, Maki was envious. It was odd, having blue tinted skin, when everyone else around you had some form of brown or tan. When the waitress was called over, she casually asked for a glass of white wine. For mermaids, it was like water for humans.

She folded her hands on the table in front of her and looked down at them, then back up into the beautiful blue eyes of the girl in front of her. "I know you don't know me well, and I sometimes get ridiculed for being the 'teacher's pet' for the Elders," she paused then. It was doubtful that this girl even knew who she was, and it was even more doubtful she'd agree to such stupid ideas. Not even the Elders liked it. "But our city is in serious dangers, and the Elders won't stop fighting long enough to take care of it." She looked away now, pulling out a piece of paper from her pocket. She slid it over to the girl, it was a scribble of notes. It read:

Human group, good amount, knows our location, knows what we are. Are they nice? Are they threats? Unknown. Location? Nearby probably. Sighted by three vampires. Legitimate claim. They are armed. Seems to be more than 10 humans.

Maki looked at her, waiting to see her reaction before continuing on with her thought process and offering her idea.

Merry Bachelorette

User Image

Her brows descended as she trailed on every letter. Her clear, blue eyes narrowed at what she was reading. "No wonder these creatures around are going crazy." she thought and leaned to her left as her fist supported her left cheek. "Thank you for the more detailed information on the news. I appreciated it although I already knew a bit before you handed me this since everyone's been going mad and chatting about it over and over again. " she calmly said, her expression returning back to her usual blank one. "Say, what is with this being given to me?" she raised the paper on her hand. "It's my intuition blurted out actually." she quickly explained after realizing she spoke her thought too early. "This is bad. I'm being too straightforward again." she took a deep breath and exhaled as if her frustration has just left her system. She then went back to looking at Maki as she await her answer.

There was a pause as the girl in front of her read the note, processing it, and finally asked her question. Now it was Maki's chance to try to ensare this girl to go do a dangerous task without the Elder's permission. A fleeting through crossed her mind, 'I'm so stupid,' before she took a deep breath and calmly explained her idea.

"First of all, we know very little about this group, as you can tell. They may just be curious humans wanting to know more, or the could be the type of people who want to murder everything they touch, use us for money, sport, fame." She shuddered slightly at that thought. She'd hate to think these humans would lock them up and put them in a zoo. She bit her lip and then continued. "And there's only one way to find out- to talk to them in person."

She then realized how crazy her idea actually is. Like, seriously, what person would risk their life to go somewhere dangerous, just to see if these people are good or bad? Not to mention where would they get any equipment in case anything goes wrong? She looked down at her hands, folded properly on her lap.

"I feel someone needs to find out for sure. And it can't be when they're knocking at the door either with a pen and paper, or a gun." She looked up at Aura. "I plan on going to talk to them, but I can't do it alone. I know, have met, or heard of every single person in this city and I think you're the one I can trust to help me with this." A look of determination filled her eyes as she continued. "It'll probably be dangerous, and I have never been out of the city- I don't know about you. And I highly doubt everyone up there will want to just talk. And I want you to come with me."

Merry Bachelorette

User Image

Her words made her gaped in surprise. She knew it. This was no ordinary meeting between two strangers.To add more to its oddity, they are of different races and statures, something which is too rare to happen. She felt a ton of burden placed on her shoulders as the faerie servant continued. "My goodness. Is this for real?" her head drooped and brown strands covered her face like a theatre's velvet curtain hiding the actors from the audience.

For a moment she removed her bonds from reality and closed her eyes. Negativity overcame her instantly. What she, an acquaintance, has shared is a hammer that rang the bells of alarm in her. To take part in such requires a lot of strong will and bravery, things that she cannot attain. She is living a luxurious and peaceful life, or that's what the world made her thought. Aura has no reason to leave it for something that is uncertain and is synonymous to what she does not want to occur yet: death.

When Maki was finished, she raised her head, opened her eyes and gave her a soul-piercing stare. "Y-you do know that asking me to accompany you is quite foolish, right?" she asked calmly yet her words seemed to hint anger and frustration. "Besides, what makes you think that I can be of a big help in this plan of yours?". This whole idea is so nerve-wrecking that her hands had to clasp themselves together to hide their vigorous shaking.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff