Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Capitalist

User ImageUser Image

The look of undisguised distaste that came over Arya's face as she entered the room was more than clear to Jules. It was perfectly familiar to him; he had seen that nauseated, judgey glare on a hundred other faces before hers, and it didn't take a rocket scientist to extrapolate that Arya must have been an older Kim sister. Jules misplaced the reason for the look, though; he guessed that she was the most grossed out at the prospect of Jules hitting on Jayne, who was pretty clearly younger than him.

"Don't worry, Sunshine, Amelia might not be my girl, but I don't go for chicks who cake on their make-up to go to the gym. Cotton Candy over there is pretty safe." Since he sure as hell couldn't be bothered to learn their names ahead of time, Jules improvised. He named Arya ironically for her bitter face and A.J. for her shameless choice of opaque lipstick. At the last moment, he revised his thoughts, "Well, for now, anyway. Never say never." To the rest of the family, his taunting would probably just sound like more of his obvious usual hijinks that they had gotten used to years ago, but he hoped the older brunette would squirm.

Probably for the best, Amelia asked to escape the room with Jules. "Sure, if you're feelin' it," he answered through a mouthful of tasty, tasty eggs. (Jules really liked eggs any way they were prepared, indiscriminately.)

Boy, the people just kept piling in. How many kids are in that new family, anyway? It was typical for all five hatter kids, plus both parents and a friend or two, to all cram into the kitchen together in the mornings while they were growing up. Being surrounded by eight people in this room felt pretty normal. If the Kim family were equally as large, though, that might cause trouble. He counted: All five of them, plus the kid, plus me, plus Big Daddy Hatter, plus his new squeeze, plus this pregnant chick, plus five more kids from this new family. ******** hell I'll need a respirator.

"YAAAAS," he celebrated verbally once he managed to swallow his food, hailing the appearance of Alex, the real badass of the house. True, Jules had his own issues with the older boy - like, for example, as far as Jules could tell Alex was a middle-class white kid with education and resources and a home and a loving family yet he ran around like his life was hard or some s**t - but at the end of the day that didn't stop him from being a fan of the guy's swag. He hadn't been seen in a while, so hopefully Alex hadn't lost his flair, but for now Jules's hopes were up. "The prodigal son returns. Oh, damn, was that on purpose?" At last he registered the swollen fiancee's condition.

►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨
Kitchen Feeling: Sassy Company: Everyone in the kitchen
bellesolsticekim

middledaughter

User Image

never forget who you are,
for surely the world will not.
make it your strength
then it can never
be used as your weakness.
armor yourself in it,
and it will never
be used to hurt you

tyrionlannister

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User Image
                                  Belle found herself growing ever so claustrophobic as the kitchen filled up. Her family was large, but she hadn't expected the Hatter family to be equally as large. Plus, this was there territory. Not only were the siblings milling about, but significant others and friends would be poking their heads in and out on a regular basis. The introvert in Belle was screaming at her to retreat back up to her room, to shovel the rest of her breakfast into her mouth and lock herself away from the rest of the world. Her heart thundered against her chest and her palms grew sweaty from her anxiety, and she cursed herself for being such a wallflower. She knew it was irrational, that people themselves weren't terrifying and that large groups were nothing to be afraid of, but she found herself having a difficult time breathing. None of her siblings had come into the kitchen yet, so she was stuck in an unusual situation without anyone that she felt that she could talk to around. It was her personal definition of Hell.

Just then, a saving grace wandered into the kitchen, just as yet another stranger - albeit an attractive stranger - sauntered in, rubbing his eyes. Jayne, her little sister, came into the kitchen, making a beeline right for her. Her eyes flickered away from her much more outgoing sister and back to the tattooed cutie making his way through the kitchen. He flashed a wink and a smile at Alice, but walked right past her, right to Amelia. It was all very confusing. Still, she found herself drawn to him. It wasn't like her in the slightest to be so drawn to someone, especially someone of the opposite sex. She mostly kept to herself, though she was known to flirt a little when she found herself alone with a guy. With the state of the Hatter household, she doubted that she would ever get the chance to be alone with herself, let alone someone of the opposite sex... Her attention was diverted from the stranger and back to Jayne, who was leaning in and whispering in her ear.

"I'm going for a run. You're older than me so its almost like telling mum."

Belle nodded, finding her throat slightly constricted from the small and internal panic attack that she was having at the amount of people in her vicinity. She found it quite difficult to formulate words, so a nod in Jayne's direction would have to suffice. It wasn't as if their mother would care all that much. She was far too focused on everything and everyone else for her own good. The new Mrs. Hatter was more worried about settling in with her new family than dealing with her old one. Things seemed to grow quiet for a moment, and Belle found her gaze redirected towards the attractive stranger, who was glancing her way before talking - rather loudly - to Amelia.

"Hey, your new step-sister's pretty hot, think I got a chance?"

Belle felt her face flush. He thought she was attractive? The word "hot" left little to be desired but, seeing as how she was sitting there in her Micky and Minnie Mouse sweatshirt and Olaf socks, the compliment wasn't lost on her. Belle found her lips parting in an attempt to respond with something witty, something snarky that made her seem hard to get - something that Jayne would say. However, her little sister, a fourteen-year-old spitfire, jumped down the boy's throat first.

You're not my sister's type mate. Plus looks like you got a bird of your own. If she's not you are definitely cute, too bad I'm not allowed to date, yet."

Belle pressed her lips together, looking between her sister and the stranger. She felt her face flush slightly and diverted her gaze, shoveling the rest of her meal into one bite and polishing it off effortlessly. She was getting up to stand, planning on rinsing her plate off in the sink at the very least, when a string of things happened at once. One moment, a large tattooed man, whom Belle had never seen before, shoved his way into the kitchen, a severely pregnant woman in tow, practically knocking her petite little sister to the floor. Arya came in, gave the strangers her signature dominant glare, and Belle couldn't take it any more.

The brunette got to her feet, her small frame making it much easier to weave in between the many bodies in the room. She quickly and efficiently rinsed all of her dishes in the sink, and mumbled a quiet, "I'll be in my room," before fleeing the scene. She hustled upstairs, breathing heavily as she shut the door. She sat on the floor right next to the door, pulling her knees up to her chest and breathing deeply. There had been too many people, too many things happening at once, and Belle needed to be alone until she could compose herself. An introvert in a large family was a recipe for disaster.

Meareign

iLucky P A N D A

Epponine

with: alone doing: calming herself down in her room. outfit: x ooc: feel free to send whatever character up to talk to her!

Shy Dragon

User Image
Where: kitchen/upstairs
Who: Everyone then no one
Feeling: I HATE IT HERE
Outfit

Jayne's total attention was on the cute boy who just insulted her and complemented her at the same time. Not to hear Arya come into the kitchen. "Morning sis." She replied her blue eyes not looking away from Jules. "Can't help I like to look good even when I work out. Goes with the territory I'm in." A.J. smiled. Soon she was pushed aside, being told. "Go hang around some other door." She looked to see some chick who needed a wide load sign for she was huge and probably carrying some kid the guy who pushed her out of the way didn't want. Putting her best competitive smile on she popped back and spoke through everyone celebrating dude. "Would mate but mum's up in the room with her new hubby who happens to live here. Trust me I'd not be here if it was up to me." She widened her smile, flashing a slight glare at her older sister who had said nothing to the guy who had pushed her. The amount of people was staggering, and she was just on her way out to explore and run. When Belle passed by her, Jayne heard the door shut.

"Nuts why can't she handle people?"[/i The fourteen year old thought following up the stairs. 'Shouldn't Arya be doing this? Then again she should be protesting us being here more too.'[/i The cheer smile was gone replaced with a small frown as she thought about Arya. The teen was still upset with her oldest sister for being on their mums side. A.J. didn't care about her mum's happiness at the moment, after all didn't her happiness count?

She knocked lightly at the seventeen year old's door. "Belle its me love can I come in?" She'd get her run in after she made sure her sister was okay.

Theяe's a yellow bяick яoad That we follow back home 'Cause I kиow you caи't wait Youя belligeяeиt hate
bellesolsticekim

middledaughter

User Image

never forget who you are,
for surely the world will not.
make it your strength
then it can never
be used as your weakness.
armor yourself in it,
and it will never
be used to hurt you

tyrionlannister

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User Image
                                  Belle kept to herself, for the most part. She always had. Back home, in Australia, she had a small circle of friends, even some romantic relationships, but even that group h wasad been small. She was a friendly individual, for the most part, but the introverted side of her was what was most prominent on a day-by-day basis. Now that she was forced into an unusual situation with a large number of strangers suddenly becoming integrated into her everyday life, she didn't know what to do. Her family members were so outgoing. She was the sole introvert in a family of extroverts, and it had its downfalls. She was constantly teased for being so quiet and so solitary, and her siblings didn't seem to understand why she would have to see herself out of public situations on a fairly regular basis. It wasn't fair, but Belle wasn't sure how to control it. There wasn't a damn thing she was able to do about it, and that in and of itself added to her stress. Life would be so much easier if she could at least attempt to get along with her new step-siblings, but that didn't seem as though it would happen any time soon.

Belle managed to calm herself down in time to hear a set of footsteps trudge up the stairs and down the hallway. She wasn't sure who it was that was coming after her, but she figured it was either Jayne or Arya. They were the only two people who would bother to make sure that she was feeling all right. There was also a chance that it was her new sister, Amelia, though that was a long-shot. She was the type of person to be incredibly friendly towards her new family members - she'd proven that by being so friendly and forward at breakfast. However, she hadn't seen her stalk out, and was far too engrossed in her attractive male counterpart to pay much attention to Belle. Her mind drifted over the the tattooed male, and she felt her anxiety levels rise. If it was Amelia, then her friend was no doubt accompanying her. That was enough to make her palms sweat and her breathing to quicken. Still, she was relieved when a knock came at her door, and a familiar voice echoed through the wood.

"Belle, it's me, love, can I come in?"

Belle sighed in gratitude, her head falling back from its resting place on her knees to gently settled against the wall. "Yea," she said softly. The door would open to the opposite side of the wall, so Belle didn't bother to get up from her place alongside the wall next to the door. Jayne would see herself in, hopefully close to the door, and they'd have a little heart-to-heart. "But you don't have to. I'm okay. You can go for your run. Don't let me stop you," she added for good measure, feeling guilty that her younger sister felt the need to check up on her. Their roles seemed reversed, and it bothered Belle more than it should have.

Epponine

with: with Jayne doing: calming herself down in her room with her little sister outfit: x ooc: -

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff