Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

╔════════════════════════════════════╗
                                                        Starla Kaycee James
                                                        ╚════════════════════════════════════╝

The rest of the day was filled with tests and homework and at one point, Star was kicked out of her Art class for throwing paint at the teacher. When the end of the day bell rung, Star grabbed her bags and walked down the hallway and made her way towards her locker. Usually she would make her way from her locker towards the gym to cheer practice but today it was cancelled do to the basketball team using the gym. Starla would have usually made a big deal out of it, but today she just brushed it off which made her friends ask her what was wrong. "I'm just not feeling alright, and if you asked one more time I will kick you off the team do you understand me!" She yelled at one of her teammates, as she made her way down the parking lot, leaving the girl standing there.

As Starla threw her bags into the backseat of her car, she felt the vibration of her phone go off in her pocket. Grabbing it, she saw she had one new message from Hunter.
                                                        To: Starla
                                                        Message: Dinner, just the two of us?

Staring at it, Starla pondered what to write back. She wasn't expecting him to actually get back to her at the end of the day. Plus the message didn't really specify anything like where and when he wanted dinner. Starla wasn't even sure if she wanted to go to dinner. Thinking about it, she finally pressed the REPLY button, and typed in her message.

To:Hunter
                                                        Message: I suppose. What time and where?

Satisfied with the message she hit SEND and watched it go threw with a little message sent. "What am I thinking" She thought to herself as she drove home. Starla thought back to that morning when she had broken the news to Hunter about being pregnant and groaned. When she walked into her house, she wasn't surprised to see a note from her dad sticking on the banister telling her he was going on another one of his trips and wouldn't be home for a few days. That's how he liked to tell her, no calls or texts, just a note on the banister or fridge. If Starla was ever to disappear, he would never notice because he never checked up on her.

Rolling her eyes, Star made her way up the stairs and into her room. Dumping out her backpack, she looked at all the homework and groaned, flopped onto her bed and closed her eyes.

Dangerous Lunatic

3,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image
Manny Chavez

Manny looked at Taylor and chuckled she wasn't wrong but she didn't know how smart his grandmother is because there was nothing he could keep from her. He looked at Taylor as she spoke about how her mom knew what was wrong with her "yeah well she's gone through the same thing so I'm not suprised that reminds me...is your mother like going to rip my head off if I ever meet her". He watched as she got into the car and closed the door. He got into the drivers seat after her and started it driving off to some kind of restaurant that was around the city.

Manny looked at her and wondered where he should start off at. He barely ever had a situation where he had to get to know a girl usually he already knew everything about them but not Taylor. He sighed and then continued driving looking around so he could keep an eye on his surroundings. He looked at her and figured he should say something so he didn't seem weird 'so did you move here or where you born here".

Tricky Genius

11,225 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
User Image

User Image

Taylor smiled. He was right, her mother would definitely know the signs of being pregnant. At the time thought, Taylor had thought she was just kidding, had wanted her to be kidding. She was just way to young to be pregnant, but she was and well she would just have to get over it. "No...She's not upset...more just disappointed.” She said with a small shrug of her shoulders. "She might grill if you and what not on what you plan on doing in means of helping out.” She explained to him. Her mother had a lot of trust issues when it came to men, she had been screwed over so many times, and then Taylor's own father had walked out on them, so her mother had trust issues. Taylor did too, a little bit.

"I've lived here for as long as I can remember....What about you?” She asked glancing over at him for a moment. She figured this was a good start for them to get to know each other. They had a lot of this to discus.

OOC: Click side picture, for outfit!

Dangerous Lunatic

3,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image
Manny Chavez

Manny nodded and then looked at her "well I guess I got very short time find a way to say how I messed up". He looked away and then pushed his hair back "sorry that this happened...I didn't mean for you know this to go like this". He shrugged and then looked at Taylor "well I guess I have nothing to worry about". Her mom sounded just like any other mother except her mom knew she was having a kid the other girls he has been with only asked him questions as if they thought they were going to get pregnant.

Manny looked straight at the road for a couple seconds when she asked him her question. He never really talked about his life before moving out here but he wanted her to know everything about him in order for them to get to know each other even if he had to bring up a sad memory of his past "well before I moved in with my Grandmother I use to live with my parents...". He looked around and then back at the road 'I moved here a week after they died and have been living here ever since". He continued to drive at the same pace and then reached the restaurant he decided to take them too it wasn't a fast food place but it wasn't that fancy for rich people he didn't want things to get to ackward with her.

Tricky Genius

11,225 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
User Image

User Image

"I'm sorry too...I mean it's not just your fault..” She reassured him. They had both gone up stairs together. It took to tango and she wasn't going to let him take all the blame for this. "I don't really look at is a mess up either...I mean...things happen...and life goes on.” She explained to him. She figured she would have a positive kind of out look on this, no point in being all negative and what not. That would just be stressful and honestly this whole situation was stressful enough.

"Nope, you don't have to worry about my mom...for now.” She said to him with a smile. "As long as you know that were both in this...she'll be easy on you.” Her mother was an easy person to get along with and she hadn't met Manny yet, so the women had no room to judge him and she wouldn't. Her mother just wasn't like that.

When he mentioned that his parents had died, she glanced over at him. "I'm sorry to hear that...” She said. She didn't exactly know what it was like to lose both parents but she had in a way lost her dad. She wondered if her life would have been different if he had stuck around. "Were you close to them?

Dangerous Lunatic

3,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image
Manny Chavez

Manny looked at her and nodded but he knew it wasn't on her part mostly he knew she has never been drunk before so she was new to it while he on the other hand has been drunk plenty times before that. He shrugged and then sunk down in his chair "yeah I know I'm just saying our lives are going to be different now but I'm kind of happy to be a father even though it is early".

He nodded as she said he wouldn't have to worry about her mom "well that takes some pressure off". He looked at her and smiled "yeah I know that but I know that I'm going to have to prove to your mom that I'm going to be here for the kid and you". He looked away and then turned off his car looking at the restaurant "well we're here".

Manny looked down and out the window not looking at her for a minute thinking about the day they had died. He looked at her and shrugged he really couldn't tell if they were close or not so he couldn't answer it without being wrong or right "I guess we were they were mostly at work except when it was at nigh. What about you? What about your family?"

Tricky Genius

11,225 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
User Image

User Image

Taylor nodded her head in agreement, their lives were definitely going to be changing. Tough his last part of the comment caught her off guard. "Really? You are?” She wasn't entirely sure where she stood yet. She had wanted to live her life, go about getting a family in the normal way. Fall in love, get married so on and so forth. It wasn't going to happen that way. She glanced down for a moment at her stomach and sighed softly before looking back up to the road. "I can't say I'm ready for this yet...but I'm going to do my best.

She let the conversation about that fall away as he spoke about proving him self to her mother. "That will make her happy to know that your all in on this.” She said to him. Though she couldn't help but think about in a couple of months. What if he changed his mind? Found a girl and just didn't want to deal with the whole thing. She totally understood, she really did, but she would still expect him to be their for the baby. She glanced out the window then took off her seat belt and opened her door.

Taylor had been about to get out when he asked if she was close to her family, she nodded. "It's just be and my mom...my dad hasn't been around since I was born..But me and my mom are really close.” She said with a nod of her head, then climbed out of the car and shut the door behind her. She moved to stand on the side walk and wait for him. "You play a lot of sports...plan on going to college with football or anything?” She asked just curious.

Dangerous Lunatic

3,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
Manny looked at Taylor and watched her get out of the car standing on the sidewalk. He did the same closing his door and locking it as he got out. He smiled catching the hint of suprise that he was happy about becoming a father Yeah I always wanted a kid but I imagined I'd have a career in football or something have a kid while I'm a super athlete but I guess things changed but I will do whatever it takes to be there for my daughter or son". He nodded and then looked at the sky "I think anyone our age finding out they're going to be parents are ready for this but we have people that our willing to help us".

Manny chuckled as she said her mom would be happy to know he isn't the type of person who'll run out on his kids. He couldn't help but chuckle though imaging her mother asking him question making him nervous. He sighed and then looked around wondering how this would work out between them. They weren't together but they were going to have a kid he wondered how he would tell their kid one they were older and asked how they met.

Manny looked at her shaking his head "sorry to hear that but at least you and your mom are close". Manny nodded and then thought for a minute not really knowing how going to college and taking care of a kid would work "I don't know any more I was and I can but I don't know if I have time for that anymore if I do then I will but if I don't I'll try to make a living off boxing or working on cars". He looked at his car and then at his fist he did great at both if them but he was better in football.

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
The whole time walking back the school boy stared at her reply. It wasn't a 'no,' but it wasn't an enthusiastic 'yes,' either; and that very fact gave Hunter plenty of reason to pause. He found himself lost between worlds, floating in the ether of his mind as his mind drew strength to just forge on and press that 'Reply' button which his finger hovered over. Initially, he had a plan, but the more he thought on it the more the young man found himself hesitating to progress further with her.

It wasn't until he had arrived at his house that he was able to press the button which taunted him so. With a pained groan and a sigh of relief Hunter found himself able to at least take these small steps forward, to progress into perhaps something more that he could just barely begin to fathom."I'm home." He called out to the empty abode. Few people were ever around as the High School let out earlier than the Grade School, and his parents were usually at work until the early evening. Unless, of course, something happened at either location and one was home. It rarely happened, and it wasn't today. Each of the siblings were old enough to survive on their own with a sitter being around, and were each given a key to the front door, as well as the allotment of a small snack to tide each of them over until Dinner. Hunter, however, would have none of that food--he simply was not hungry.

After confirming no one was home, the school boy released each bond that the building held to him and collapsed unceremoniously upon one of the chairs in the den. It was then that he was able to compose every ounce of energy into the reply she deserved. Without being distracted by countless, nameless students or teachers, or even the risk of his life as he worked his way back to the house, the lad was able to muster some semblance of a message.

Quote:

Hunter paused in his typing to look at the clock, just to make sure nothing would conflict. He made note that it would give him time to at least notify his siblings that he'd be gone, and ample for either of them to work on any school work that was given. If only the boy could ever find the energy to concentrate on something other than this pressing issue at hand.

Quote:
Message: Around 5, maybe? As for where, well... That's a secret~ Dress nice, though!

Finally pleased with his revision Hunter pressed the 'Send' button and laid the cell upon a nearby coffee table.
User Image User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

╔════════════════════════════════════╗
                                                        Starla Kaycee James
                                                        ╚════════════════════════════════════╝

Starla's eyes fluttered open as her cellphone made a buzzing noise then let out the small ding, telling her that she had a message. Turning her head, she stared at the device for a moment then reached her arm out and grabbed it from where it lay on the bed beside her. Opening the message she stared at what the message read. Pressing the REPLY button on her phone, she quickly typed back:

To: Hunter
                                                        Message: Omg I hate surprises. Please just tell me.

She was just about to hit the SEND button when she realized what she was just about to say to the guy. Starla was never that nice, but sending this particular message just seemed rude, considering Hunter was trying to be "mysterious". Erasing what she initially wrote, Starla instead replaced it.

To: Hunter
                                                        Message: Omg I hate surprises. Please just tell me Okay then. My address is 5543 Kings Court. Since I'm guessing your picking me up due to the fact it's a surprise...and I always dress nice FYI.

Satisfied with that, she hit the send and threw her phone back to where it was originally. Looking over at the clock beside her head, Starla saw that she had about two hours before this whole dinner thing. After about twenty minutes of laying on the bed, Starla sighed and sat up deciding that she might as well get some of her homework done before having to get ready. She had just opened up the book she was supposed to read for English, and read about four pages before getting bored and throwing the book onto the floor. "Well so much for that"[/colo] She mumbled, and got off the bed and walking towards her large closet to figure out what she was going to wear for tonight.

Tricky Genius

11,225 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
User Image

User Image

Taylor shrugged a little bit. "I guess.” She said to him. It was still going to be hard, they were just teenagers. It was just all so much to even think about. Yes, they would have help, but still their child would be their responsibility, not their parents or grand parents, it was up to them to make sure that their child was taken care of. She was really glad that they had nine months to talk and figure things out, because there was lots of things to figure out.

"We can still go to college....” She reminded him. "Do what we want in life....it might just take sometime getting there...” No matter what she was still going to college to do what she wanted, to have a better life and get a good job to support their kid. Just because they were having a baby didn't mean that they couldn't do what they wanted, there would just be a lot of rearranging of things and maybe a year or so set back, which Taylor was alright with. She wasn't going to give up her life, she wanted to make it better, give their kid good things and live a good life.

She turned towards the door that lead inside. She was starving, she had missed lunch and now really needed to eat something. "Where do you plan on going?” She asked as they headed inside. It was a seat your self place and she pointed to a booth in the back so they would have some privacy to talk about stuff. They obviously couldn't figure everything out right now, but she did want to get to know him.

((ooc: on mobile so excuse the plain post(s) for now. will fix this & apologies for the inactiveness.))

Daniel Lennon Catherwood's day had gone quickly. The band instructor had made the new young adult do every duty on that first day of work. Danny arranged every score from the master to the tuba, and he was sure that he recieved several paper cuts from the job. Daniel had gobe to his home, tired and miaerable. Of course he hadn't seen Hailey all day after Annabelle stole her away. He was missing her a lot, and he hadn't plan things to do yet. He decided to pick up his phone and text his girlfriend.

echochick

To: Hai
Want to come over? (:
Missed you, beautiful.

His apartment had seemed to stand silent while Danny watched television. It was moments like these where Dannu thought he'd go crazy. All by himself, just thinking of anything and everything. He had pondered from his mother to his music career. His mother stull lived with his abusive father, on the other side of the tracks, paying for Daniel's apartment while barely living on her own. Was music really something that he should persue? Was it right for him to just do whay he wanted when his mother was suffering? Was he doing anything right these days?

Daniel sighed, pulling himself up from the loveseat and towards the kitchen cabinet, just a few feet behind him. He grabbed the LIFE cereal box and reached in to only hit the bottom of the cardboard. Empty. He sighed once more in fustration before dropping the box into the trashcan and grabbed the pen and notepad that laid on the counter. He scribbled a few ideas for lyrics.

He wasn't sure what he was going for, but he was juat tired of being this gloomy, "Hello Mr. Sun today's the day we change our plans and end the war against our own selves."
User Image

αииαвɛℓℓɛ ʝα∂ɛ κɛнɛℓɛя

♚Annabelle's day drummed on like any other. She didn't feel strangely sick. Mostly because sick was something she had become used to. Most classes she slept through, others she ditched out of. And, if memory serves, there was a trip to the principal's office she skipped out of too. But that was life for Annabelle. She completely hated school, she merely went to pass the time until the next party.

♚Passing out for four hours wasn't common. It was strange. So when Annabelle woke up and the clock read 4:00 pm, she was puzzled. Like a typical teenager, Anna grabbed her phone to check it. There were texts from a couple people. Most she just deleted until she got to Hailey's. Sighing and feeling like crap, Anna slowly typed a pitiful response.

To; Hailey-bear
From; Anna-banana
Msg; Hey love, I am sorry, I passed out till now. Hope you were able to get a hold of Danny Boy.

♚She leaned her head back against the wall. A headache creeped up on her and Anna realized she was sober. Four hours up sleep after only one blunt could do that. So the blond popped a couple Excedrin and texted her Partner in Crime, David.

To; Party Boy
From; Druggie
Msg; Ayy! Let's smash? I got some s**t I wanna get out of my head, come pick me up? 'rents will be home soon. Hurry! xD

♚Smiling as she pressed send, Annabelle thought about the young man she just texted. He and her partied a lot. So when there was fighting in the house, David had become Anna's escape. But nothing more than that, not once, not ever. Or was he? She didn't exactly have the most reliable memory.

∂σи'т ʝʋ∂ɢɛ мɛ вʏ мʏ ραƨт, ι ∂σи'т ℓιʌɛ тнɛяɛ αиʏмσяɛ...

σσc:outfit in the first ✩, song in the second

Avioke's Widow

Anxious Gem

User Image

Hailey had finally managed to push back the last waves of nausea when her phone vibrated. It was Danny. A new wave of guilt and nausea pushed it's way to the forefront of her mind. With a shaking breath she pushed herself away from the sink she had been struggling not to throw up in for the past hour. The back of her neck ached from hanging over the sink for so long. When she looked up she noticed her normally shiny brunette hair was slightly dull. The strands had been worried so often in the past couple weeks that instead of healthy hair it was dull and lifeless at the ends. Hailey thought of what to type back for the longest time. Eventually settling on:

To: Danny <3
                                          Sure! I'll be there in a few <3 I missed you more than you know.

She was sure neither of her parents wouldn't be at home so she grabbed her school bag and started the couple mile walk to get to his apartment. Maybe she would tell him tonight. The thought of telling him though sent a ball of guilt tripping down her throat into the pit of her stomach.

It was another hour before she got to his apartment. The lady down stairs greeted her as she climbed the stairs to his apartment. When she reached his door pounded her hands on it as if she were playing the drums.

"Daaaaaaaaaaannnnnyyyyyy. Let me iiiiinnnn."

User Image
{{OoC: --}}

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
While waiting for a reply Hunter turned on the television. Not to watch it, but rather to have it play white noise in the tune of smooth jazz. When the music filled the house, he seemed to be satisfied with the comforting result, and turned on a kettle of water to prepare for a cup of tea, and popped in a few pizza rolls in the toaster oven. While that which he used had been mundane, they served their purpose and allowed the lad to work through the thoughts that plagued his mind. Plus the school's food never filled him, he was always itching for something more to fill his belly. These would tide him over until the appointed time.

By the time he had returned to his seat, his phone was already angrily buzzing, calling out his attention. The reply came quicker than the school boy expected, even surprised him. But it wasn't until he opened up the message that a smile drew across his visage, the first today, as well as a slight chuckle. This had been a welcomed change from the overtly lengthy day of which this had started out to be.

Haha, of course you do! Yeah, I'll be there. Look for a dark blue Nissan

Moments after he had pressed the Send button, Hunter's mind reread over the message a number of times. Each time his mood sinking deeper into a self-inflicted depression out of worry. Worry that he may not have said enough, that his words could've been taken out of context, that perhaps he was getting in over his head and was pounding the nails into his own coffin for a grave he had made those weeks ago.

The lad looked at the clock on his phone. "Few more hours..." He murmured to no one in particular. It gave him enough time to complete some of his home work, but regardless of how he tried, and no matter the subject, the boy simply couldn't get his mind to focus in on even the most mundane of subjects.

To: Manny; Taylor; Daniel; Hailey; Anna
      What do you do when you can't focus on one task at a time?

It was a day of firsts. Now he was looking to his small group of friends for assistance on something that, for him, rarely seemed like an issue.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff