Beloved Citizen

7,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
User Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
User Image
User ImageUser Image
                                  Scar tissue has no character. It's not like skin.
                                  xIt doesn't show age or illness or pallor or tan.
                                  xIt has no pores, no hair, no wrinkles.
                                  xIt's like a slip cover, it shields and disguises what's beneath.
                                  xThat's why we grow it; we have something to hide.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx---Susanna Kaysen. Girl, Interrupted.

Imagine for a moment, that you are just another person who has been deemed to need a rest from the Psychiatrist your parents, teacher, etc, recommended you to visit. Some of you have been in and out of psychiatric hospitals since you were small, for others this is your first visit to Maxwell Psychiatric hospital. If someone can afford to put you here, you'll likely stay here until you've been deemed healthy and in remission to return home. For some, you have achieved remission, but must still visit for weekly appointments and group therapy in some measure of meter-less probation.

Whether you want help, or not, unfortunately for at least one hour of the week...you're stuck here. This role-play is going to primarily focus on those hours. It is a place to exert yourself, or someone completely opposite you, to be thoughtful and liberating or childish and obtuse. Your character may be as wild or normal as you wish them to be, romance (while certainly not objectionable) is not the main goal of this role-play. Whether you write a little or a lot, write as you're inspired.

Welcome to Maxwell.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx{OOC CHAT}

Beloved Citizen

7,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
    Why did she do it? Nobody dared to ask. Because - what courage! Who had the courage to burn herself? Twenty aspirin, a little slit alongside the veins of the arm, maybe even a bad half hour standing on a roof: We've all had those. And somewhat more dangerous things, like putting a gun in your mouth. But you put it there, you taste it, it's cold and greasy, your finger is on the trigger, and you find that a whole world lies between this moment and the moment you've been planning, when you'll pull the trigger. That world defeats you. You put the gun back in the drawer. You'll have to find another way.

What was that moment like for her? The moment she lit the match. Had she already tried roofs and guns and aspirins? Or was it just an inspiration?

I had an inspiration once. I woke up one morning and I knew that today I had to swallow fifty aspirin. It was my task: my job for the day. I lined them up on my desk and took them one by one, counting. But it's not the same as what she did. I could have stopped, at ten, or at thirty. And I could have done what I did do, which was go onto the street and faint. Fifty aspirin is a lot of aspirin, but going onto the street and fainting is like putting the gun back in the drawer.

She lit the match.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx---Susanna Kaysen. Girl, Interrupted.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

Near the nurses station is a white board hanging on the wall, with twenty or so names in green with spaces next to each where we, in black, entered our destination, departure time, and time of return whenever we leave the ward. When someone was restricted to the ward, the head nurse wrote: restricted in red beside the patient's name. We got advanced notice of a new patient when a new name appeared on the board--sometimes as much as a day in advance before the person who had their name on the board appeared in the hall. Patients who were discharged or deceased lingered on the board for a while in silent memoriam.

For the past two weeks, the name: Karen Flox has been lingering on the board. Karen was a woman in her late thirties, who often was placed into the hospital for a few weeks at least every year; especially during the colder part of winter. A few days after she was discharged, all the patients in the girl's ward and those from the men's ward who knew Karen were brought together into for a Special Hall meeting...where it was revealed that Karen had committed suicide. Ever since, the Psychiatrists had been trying to encourage the patients to discuss their feelings on the matter; most saying nothing, some not knowing her at all to have an opinion, and some who didn't know her at all but had two dozen opinions about the subject...they just didn't tell them to the Doctors.

Today, in about ten minutes, some of us are going to be shuffled into group therapy. While Karen may not be addressed as the main topic of this particular group session, given the brooding weather and awkward tension sifting through the air--it is no doubt that group may be particularly uncomfortable or unwelcome today.

Unless someone decides to 'act out' and throw a terrible fit, we all will have to go to group...
God only knows what will happen today.

Beloved Citizen

7,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
    Actually, it was only part of myself I wanted to kill: the part that wanted to kill herself, that dragged me into the suicide debate and made every window, kitchen implement, and subway station a rehearsal for tragedy.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxvvvvvxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx---Susanna Kaysen. Girl, Interrupted.

SO, here are my specifications! I'll try and be brief, out of love.

• Courtesy: If there is a disagreement or something is stated in the out-of-character chat or PM between you and another of our role-players, you can always talk to me and I'll talk to the other privately in a PM and we can solve disagreements in a way that won't embarrass anyone. Oocly, I hope we can be friends and be chums ^w^, but as disagreements happen; just don't be a jerk to each other oocly, solve your disagreements kindly and calmly like adults. Our characters can discriminate as much as they like (within the TOS), but oocly that will not be tolerated. If you don't feel safe -oocly- rping or chatting with us because something happened, let me know.

• Posting: Post once a day at least in the ooc thread, even if all you can do is say something nice about the weather or post a funny video. I know, heaven forbid we have to be a little sociable with our fellow writers. For the thread, one post every one to three days isn't unreasonable; but, at least once a week please--if you can't keep that commitment then don't join this rp right now. If no one has posted for a week, skipping is allowed, but otherwise do not skip others without permission. Holidays and away-from-computer emergencies obviously don't count, but please let me/us know so we can say your char temporarily walked out of the room or something (or whatever your specifications are) until you can return. If it's been two weeks and you have been online posting elsewhere and neglected here without answering any pms, your character will become an npc...and as good a writer as I try to be, I would rather not give life to a character that isn't mine, or have them vanish unless it is requested by you. By all means, if you and another writer want your chars to have a private scene in a private thread; do it, be free fellow cuckoos. No pressure to only plot in the ooc chat, plot anywhere...

• Profiles: I'm not going to ask you all to run through hoops, honestly the best part of role-play is discovering who characters are as a reader: by reading your posts. So the 'reserve' is the profile. Maybe by page ten, if we all -want- to go in-depth we can make beautiful more in-depth profiles. All that found below, title the PM you send me: Girl, Interrupted or a quote/something from the book or movie.

• Decorations: Post decoration is required, if you don't know how to make a post skeleton, I can happily help you or make you one for free based on your specifications. One picture at least is required for beautification; but, you don't -have- to use your character's photo. You could use a starry night sky of a place your character is very attached to for example, be creative, though if you link to us a picture of your character it would be very lovely for eye-candy purposes. Writing is the dinner, decor is the dessert...so don't over-do it with the sugar, use yellow or extremely bright colors--or incredibly fast moving gifs. Entrance the eyes, but don't make us epileptic or motion sick. You can also use celebrities, models, I am not very picky. Be a face that inspires you.

• Privileges: Everyone has creative freedoms, so long as it still makes sense to the story. For example, one woman I read about believed she was a rabbit, and could therefore jump record feet higher than someone else (in part from that belief, but also because clearly she hopped around a lot to develop that muscle strength). Another has more than one personality, and they broke their foot. Walked about all day without pain because they claimed the 'other' person was the one who broke their foot. If you wanna add a twist--throw it in, we'll work with it. As this isn't going to be one hundred percent realistic, don't get so worried about doing the wrong thing that you don't jump in the water. Creativity is loved. If there is a goof, I will make it work without compromising or changing your post unless it there is no other option--haven't had that happen yet though.

• Length: Whatever you are inspired to write, a minimum of at least one meaty paragraph or about two hundred words...there is no maximum limit. Everyone is allowed to write for nurse npcs, Doctors, family members, other patients, etc, so posts could be long simply from all that dialogue or inner monologue. I'd rather not read three paragraphs about how someone brushes their hair unless there is a point to -why- your character is brushing their hair in that particular way--obsessive compulsive disorder, because it was the way their mother used to do it and they are reminiscing; etc. No pressure, if everyone else is writing chapters and you are only writing that one paragraph--don't stress, we adore your character and won't think poorly of you. Vice-versa, if someone writes a bucket-load more than the rest of us, no shame for that either.

• Romance: Oh yes, a shiny word to distract you. Romance is allowed, though sex between patients (and ANYTHING between staff and patients) is strictly prohibited by the rules of Maxwell Hospital. How, someone can even -have- sex when they are on fifteen minute checks by nurses boggles the mind for me, but people can try and get away with anything; just there will be consequences and some will be caught. Outside the hospital, or somehow away from supervision, that is different; but, common sense to the tos...fade to black if such scenes occur. Also, If your char is in a relationship: friendship, romantic, family, etc, let me know in ooc chat or in a PM so I can add it to our relationships post. Crushes/hate too. All orientations are welcome here, though unrequited love may happen and that is always fun to rp...at least for me, as it happens a lot. *BaDumTish*

Beloved Citizen

7,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
    Lunatics are similar to designated hitters. Often an entire family is crazy, but since an entire family can't go into the hospital, one person is designated as crazy and goes inside. Then, depending on how the rest of the family is feeling that person is kept inside or snatched out, to prove something about the family's mental health.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx---Susanna Kaysen. Girl, Interrupted.

xxxxx{List of common mental disorders}
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(Though if you link to another disorder not on this list I'll probably allow it).

You may have as many characters or npcs as you like! I don't care if you apply for three girls and five boys, or just one girl and three npcs. Schizophrenics are supposedly rarer, but I don't care if a few of you guys have the same disorder for your characters. There is no pressure for there to be as many men as there are women. All you have to do is send me a profile for new characters, and (if you wish) link an URL to an image used for an NPC when you incorporate them into your post. Sometimes an NPC will take center stage, I'll just post as a doctor for example, and if you want your npc to take center stage for a scene, just let me know and I'm pretty chill with everything.

While I want everyone to have creative liberties with npcs or secondary characters, all patients must eighteen or older.

Daytime Outfit
Night Time Outfit
(Basically no strings or metal is allowed on the clothes)

xxxxxUser Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Name: Aloysius Leonardo Dubois
                Diagnoses: ADHD, Bipolar 1, BPD, and Insomnia
                Color: #B3996C
                Username: Lightamongthedark

User Image

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Name: Alice Wynnie Lynth
                Diagnoses: Schizophrenia, Alice in Wonderland syndrome, Lacunar amnesia
                Color: #00CC99
                Username: L-Ethelburg

User Image

Name: Myles Neil Everdeen
                Diagnoses: Narcissistic personality disorder and Nightmare disorder
                Color: #B52932
                Username: Lethal lnjection

User Image

User Image

Name: Eden Harper
                Diagnoses: Schizoid Personality Disorder; instilling blunt affect and a strong sense detachment from his peers
                Color: #BBBBBB : Pale Gray
                Username: Autopsy Dinner Date

xxxxxUser Image

Profile Code:
[imgleft]100x100 pixels[/imgleft][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=8]
[/size][size=11][b][color=posting color]Name: [/color][/b] Full Name Here
[b][color=posting color]Age: [/color][/b] Age Spelled Out
[b][color=posting color]Gender: [/color][/b] Gender here
[b][color=posting color]Diagnoses: [/color][/b] Correct Term Of Real Illness
[b][color=posting color]Color: [/color][/b] Posting Color
[b][color=posting color]Username: [/color][/b] Username goes here
[/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Beloved Citizen

7,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
    Was everybody seeing this stuff and acting as though they weren't? Was insanity just a matter of dropping the act?
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx---Susanna Kaysen. Girl, Interrupted.

Beloved Citizen

7,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
    In a strange way we were free. We'd reached the end of the line. We had nothing more to lose. Our privacy, our liberty, our dignity: all of this was gone and we were stripped down to the bare bones of our selves.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx---Susanna Kaysen. Girl, Interrupted.

(Will add relationships as they are told to me or I see through rp).
    I may have some false things in here too...so whatever is told or rumored shall also be in here.

Beloved Citizen

7,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
    In the parallel universe the laws of physics are suspended. What goes up does not necessarily come down, a body at rest does not tend to stay at rest and not every action can be counted on to provoke an equal and opposite reaction. Time, 'too, is different. It may run in circles, flow backward, skip about from now to then. The very arrangement of molecules is fluid: Tables can be clocks, faces, flowers.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx---Susanna Kaysen. Girl, Interrupted.

(In case this is needed)

Beloved Citizen

7,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200

Beloved Citizen

7,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
((Added a polyvore and theme song in the invisible white pictures at the sides. Polyvore is basically her t-shirt choice, as the rest of it is the standard day-outfit))

User Image
User Image
User Image
            Outside of Boston, in may, the weather could be either cold or comfortable for most people. The highs generally were in the sixties, and at this time of the day it could be a warm sixty-two degrees or a colder fifty-something that made morning walks slightly unpleasant. For Emmeline Rochester, going outside under nurse supervision along a little decorative trail on the grounds was a way to cope and relax after bad nights or terrible early mornings. The wind was soft, caressing, and Emily walked with a jovial pace despite how shaky her nerves felt. Dummed down on medication, at this time of the day she wasn't generally very talkative...and after the minor episode at the crack of dawn this morning she didn't want to risk sketching or drawing. Perhaps her time in the hospital had expressed it in her best interest not to draw when she was afraid or reminded of something painful; as vexing on subjects was something she did copiously and continuously without the help of drawing added pictures to make memoirs of terrors or things she shouldn't focus on.

The sun was warm on her face, the breeze kept the heat from the sun from burning, and after a comfortable twenty minutes of watching the tall wall that kept the patients in the grounds...she started to head back to the hospital. Perhaps being in group made her nervous, and so the exercise of walking and the endorphins that exorcise provided might help to ease some of that discomfort; but, the truth was she needed some time to be alone. To focus on the past, to be away from judging eyes, to feel like she was herself. Sometimes...she thought of her little sister Rory, or her absent twin who lived several hours away in Chesterton. When the parents divorced, she and her sister moved to Boston where her mother's job was, and her two brothers moved with her father. Now with only one brother, and her younger sister attending her second year at Harvard, she reflected on several things. Giles, her old friends, and Taylor...Taylor used to visit her in the hospital when she checked into Maxwell Institute, but after a very unsettling confession her friend stopped coming for a while...made a lot of plans to visit, but she never ended up coming. For all Emily knew, Taylor moved away and couldn't visit. Perhaps one got used to false promises in this place. Do this, you'll get better. Take this, you'll feel better. Be honest, we'll respect your opinion. All bullshit under the best of intentions, and maybe if we're wise and learned we can make our own happiness and not expect more than they can give.

The trouble with wanting to be alone, is that usually that is the moment when everyone else wants your attention. She had stolen twenty minutes of peace, and though it didn't feel like it was enough, there was some gut instinctual feeling that there would be someone who wanted to chat and ramble at the door when she came back. Even the nurses liked to gab sometimes, a few in particular didn't know how to shut up unless the Doctor gave them a look, and so as she listened to the tedium of how grand a morning it was from Nurse Catherine Harrison, Emmeline endured it with nods and small comments. For the last two years she had been at Maxwell, and if she learned anything at all...it was to make a scene when it mattered most, and being 'disgruntled' or moody to some nurses could get complaints to the doctor and possibly more unpleasant medication. It wasn't really until the nurse sad a specific phrase that Emily zoned out of auto-pilot enough to pause to give a legitimate response.

–for change. So while you're in group today, we'll be setting everything up.”, Good god, she should have been paying more attention. What change? Perhaps the confusion was splashed all over her face, because Cathy repeated herself with the most cheerfully forced smile of reassured that she could muster:

For the move? Since Jennifer went home and the Collins have been doing so well sharing a room, we were going to move Alice to be your room-mate.”, Catherine continued on. In truth, this had been talked about as 'happening' for at least the past six months to no fruition, and Emily had been somewhat relieved to not have to have Alice as a room-mate when Jennifer was chosen instead. Emily really thought it was one of those false promises to never happen, and as Alice seemed to be a person who screwed with people for her personal enjoyment or whatever reason pleased the enigma, the idea of being the next on the list to be tormented wasn't a fun thought at all. That wasn't really what bothered Emily though, what bothered her was the extremely short notice. Usually if she had time to think on things she could render herself into a panic, to the point of 'delusions' stirring up. With medication that stopped to some degree, but stress was the rocks before the avalanche and so perhaps her doctor thought that telling her quick like a band-aid being ripped off was the best way of doing things. Emily didn't know if she was supposed to have been told earlier, or not be told until after Alice's stuff was moved to Jennifer's old spot.

All Emily could focus on right now was that she had maybe an hour before her safe place in the hospital might not be safe, and she tried not to imagine herself shaking or breathing heavy as she headed to group. Pale as a sheet, Emily sat down on one of the chairs by the window and simply waited for the others to get inside. When people entered she waved or smiled if she knew them, or gave a polite nod if she didn't know them. There were still several spots to be filled though, and so her eyes fell on several empty seats before she grimaced and set her hands in her lap.

Good morning.”, Emily said as she tugged on the tomboyish sleeves of her white and blue t-shirt and leaned into the back of her chair. ' Don't dwell...don't dwell...don't dwell...', She said inwardly to herself like a mantra, even though she knew it made her symptoms worse, stressed her out, and she was near incapable of thinking on anything else but things which vexed her on deep emotional or psychological levels.
    User Image

i'm gonna break your heart and get away with murder

⊰ ⋮I can't control myself - I feel like someone else⋮ ⊱
                      ██████████████ ████████████████████████████████████████ ███████████████████████
                      The night before was bad for Jordan. She had an episode, for the first time in a long time. She went to a party to try and act normal. It just wasn't happening. Jordan has Hallucinogen persisting perception disorder. It was caused four years ago. She tried acid for the first time, and it has ******** her up ever since. She is always in a trance. It can be triggered if she pops her back the wrong way, has a flashback, or even a strobe light. Since Jordan has been too long without a scene, she let her friend talk her into it last night. It was a disaster, she couldn't snap out of the trance.

Without a clue what to do, the girl dropped Jordan off at home. Jordan was completely oblivion to everything going on. She still lived with her parents. Jordan's parents never sent her off to live at Maxwell. Instead, the sent her to therapy a couple times a week. It helped for the most part. until today. Her parents didn't know what to do, no matter how hard they tried; her parents couldn't snap her out of the trance. Jordan was completely oblivious. She just stared at her walls, rocking back and forth. She had a blank expression on her face and her skin was paler than usual. Every time her parents attempted to touch or talk to her Jordan would hit herself.

There wasn't anything else her parents could do, they called Maxwell. The office told them to bring Jordan in right away. So that's what they did. As much as it killed Jordan's parents to do that, they knew it was best for them. They started packing everything Jordan would need. Clothes without strings or metal, toiletries, and her sketch book. Jordan would not be caught with out her sketch book. It was about 9 o'clock at night and they have yet to try and move Jordan to the car. The second they moved her, Jordan let out a scream and started shaking. This was going to be easy. ”Come on baby, it'll be okay.” Her mom said in a soft tone. “Please leave me alone, you're hurting me.” Jordan said softly. Although no one was touching Jordan. ”Honey, no ones touching you. I need you to stand up.” Jordan's dad spoke. “Get off me! Please. I don't want to do this. Please stop.” Jordan spoke back. She was out of it, not even realizing her parents were talking to her. “Sh. Don't tell anyone.” “It'll only be a minute.” “I wont hurt you.” “This is our secret.” Jordan kept speaking. Then it dawned on her parents. She was remembering the night she first took the acid, when she was raped by a senior.

Jordan's mom started crying, hearing this broke her heart. Jordan's dad sighed and picked Jordan up over his shoulder and carried her to the car. Jordan just kept mumbling things from that night. It was about a thirty minute drive to get to Maxwell.

User Image

Once at the hospital, Jordan came back to reality. “Whats going on?” She asked, kind of in a panicked tone. The last thing she remembered was being at the party. Now she's back in Maxwell. “Mom..? Dad...?” She glanced at them both. Her mom looked like she's being crying. “Hi sweetheart, you're going to stay here for a while.. Okay? Just until you get better. You're going to be with your brother in here. He'll take care of you” Jordan swallowed hard and looked at her dad. “We can't give you the help you need. But this place can..” Her dad told her. Now, both of her parents children are in Maxwell. Jordan felt bad for her parents, but it wasn't her parents fault. They were wonderful parents. Jordan didn't say anything. She just wanted to go home. She looked at the time, and felt sleepy. Now, she just wanted to sleep.

Once she was booked and ready to go, Jordan found her room and went straight into bed. She wanted today to be over. She was so stupid for going to that party. She knew it was a bad idea. Jordan could never be normal. It just wasn't going to happen. She quickly drifted to sleep.

The next morning, Jordan was woken up by a nurse telling her it was time for group. She rose an eyebrow. Group? She didn't argue, instead she put on a pair of sweatpants and an oversized hoodie. She just wanted to go back to bed. For a very long time. Jordan took her medicine quickly going to the bathroom. She looked like a wreck. She has makeup on from last night, and bruises and scratched on her neck and arms from where she hit herself. Jordan quickly washed her makeup off. After she was done, she started wondering the hallways for the group room. She was familiar with this place. She has been going here for a while.

But everything was so different now. Now that she is a resident, nothing seemed right. Not like how it used to. She made her way into group, seeing some familiar faces. Jordan just sat by herself, bring her knees to her chest. She rested her chin on her knees.

((Im just trying to get my posts before work.))
                          ██████████████ ████████████████████████████████████████ ███████████████████████

There is nothing you.
                  could say or do
                  words mean nothing when your lips are blue
                  I love you
                  now that you're six feet underground
                  There's a m e m o r y inside
                  my head it feels
                  like a part of me
                  is dead.
                  I should save you
                  but I want to
                  xxxw a t c h x y o u x d r o w n
    User Image
                User Image

▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆
                                                                      The male woke up in a heavy sweat and panic. He sat up quickly in bed, wiping off his forehead. He had night terrors, so not sleeping much wasn't anything new to him. He put his head in his hands to regain himself. This dream was bad. Since he heard about the suicide in his building, his dreams had retorted back to the time his best friend committed suicide. It was extremely triggering for him. This time his dream was his best friend Arianna replying her suicide over and over again. Myles wasn't there when she killed herself, he was the one who found her though.

Myles always blamed himself. He wasn't there like she needed him. That's always been weighing on his shoulders. Ever since then, Myles has been very distance and cold. He stopped caring for anything and anyone. He's turned into an a*****e to say the least. He blamed his parents because of this. Myles has a sister named Jordan. She's also ******** up in the head. Just in different ways. Jordan and Myles were never close. Jordan was the favorite child, who never could do wrong. Myles in the other hand, couldn't do anything right according to his parents. That's why his parents sent him to Maxwell.

Before Myles could do anything, Nurse Kathy stopped him. “We have group today, get ready and go to the room.” Myles glanced at him,
                                                                      “Kathy, why are you here?” He asked, crossing his arm.
                                                                      “I mean, we're all insane here. Right?” Kathy looked puzzled. “I love my job, Myles.” She said. Myles glanced at her,
                                                                      “You choose to be here. Doesn't that make you crazier than all of us?” He asked. Kathy rolled her eyes, “Go get ready.” She snapped. Myles smirked,
                                                                      “I'm sorry Kathy, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. You're my favorite crazy person.” He smirked. Kathy rolled her eyes, “It's Mrs. Kathy to you. Now, go.” She said before walking away.

Myles waved and blew her a kiss before turning back to his room. He put on some sweatpants and a regular t-shirt. He really didn't want to go to group today, but it didn't look like he had a choice. They were pretty strict on this. He walked into the room, glancing at everyone. Everyone here looked all sad and depressing. Not Myles though, he always had a smirk or smug on his face.

“Don't worry guys, I'm here.”

He said, walking in. He went to take a seat in his normal seat but someone was in it.
                                                                      “Move. What the hell..--” He paused when he saw Jordan. She looked pretty bad. He didn't say anything else, instead he went on the opposite side of the room and took a seat.

⊰ ⋮ OCC⋮ ⊱ Sorry it sucks. I typed a good one but it got deleted. And I have to work in a few minutes

▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆

Shirtless Fatcat

2,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
xxxxxxxxxTired with all these, for restful death I cry...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTired with all these, from these I would be gone,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSave that, to die, I leave my love alone. . .

x

Alice’s luggage was not much, a small suitcase of clothes and a few boxes of books. She always kept it simple, normal and pretty dull; comparing to some people who always were desperate to prove themselves different from the rest of the world, which was pitiful. Letting the nurses took care of all the luggage, the only thing she refused to let them pack in the boxes and absolutely must bring it by herself was her drawing textbook. Her 'babysitter' nurse noticed that, and Alice noticed her noticing it.
                      “Mrs.Swan.” – the raven haired patient beamed a smile, looking straight at the nurse and nothing else was said. Mrs.Swan finally looked up from the large textbook Alice was holding on her side, noticed herself blocking the doorway to her patient's new room.
                      “I hope this will be your last room mate-changing, young lady.” The nurse stepped aside and held the door open.
                      “I can’t choose that my room-mates always leave me, Mrs. Swan.” The nurse did not bother to say otherwise, she just threw a concerned look toward the other bed whose owner was absent from the room, probably fleeing away. “Be nice to Emily, ok?”
                      “You know I will.” - Alice tilted her head to the side looking back to Mrs Swan gently like a mother reassuring her child, before walked toward her bed to unpack the books while the nurse was still watching and waiting for Alice to check her belongings like the procedure requested.

The room was clean and not smelly, first good sign that her new room-mate would last in probably the first month. Alice did not purposely mess with anyone staying in the same room with her. She just messed with people who she did not want to stay in the same room with. Unfortunately, all of her room-mates so far. Diana was the one who recorded the Guinness to stay with Alice for nine months. Alice was such angel at first, calm, neat, polite, mind her own space, fun to talk to; until the three last months when Diana’s continuous rambling about her family got on Alice’s nerve. In another hand, despise all of the usual bad reputation about being in the same room as Alice, Chloe, a pretty girl who was somehow very fond of Alice, always wondered why out of everyone she was never placed in the same room of the raven haired. But Alice was inwardly gleeful about it. Something was way better to look at in a far distance. "All of my boxes are here. We can move to the group therapy now." Alice said slowly as she moved toward the nurse.

x

With her long hair loosely tied in braid on her shoulder and a white oversize shirt and simple leggings, the slender black haired girl held her drawing textbook and unhurriedly followed the group into the room, searching for a place far away from some particular lousy people. There was a new girl in the group it seemed, blonde hair with chin on her knees between other unfamiliar faces, and the men also would be joining. As Alice moved to a place near the window, she saw her new room-mate in the opposite direction, and thus, Alice walked to Emily. Quietly comparing to the loud sound of chairs moving and the sound of chattering, but not to appear like a ghost out of nowhere, she placed her hand on the top rail of the chair right next to the short hair girl. "Hi Emmeline" - she said in a soft tone with a sleepy smile, leaning down slightly to let her new room-mate notice she was there. Looking to Emily as if to wait if she said the seat was taken, if there was nothing spoken, Alice would settle down with her textbook carefully placed on her laps. For a moment, Alice silently looked straight in front of her, observing the psychiatrist arrange her folders and table, while getting all the vibes that her room-mate was somewhat very unsettled. "You don't dislike gummy bears I hope?" For minutes later, Alice turned back to Emily with a dead-serious voice.

===================xxx

I n x m e x t h o u x s e e s t x t h e x t w i l i g h t x o f x s u c h x d a yx
W h i c h x b y x a n d x b y x b l a c k x n i g h t x d o t h x t a k e x a w a y ,x
I n x m e x t h o u x s e e ' s t x t h e x g l o w i n g x o f x s u c h x f i r ex
T h a t x o n x t h e x a s h e s x o f x h i s x y o u t h x d o t h x l i e,x

T o x l o v e x t h a t x w e l l x w h i c h x t h o u x m u s t x l e a v e x e r e x l o n g.x

The Book Keepers's Princess

Omnipresent Conversationalist

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                  #B3996C
                                                  Aloysius hated hospitals, they meant that he had messed up again! This would be his... Well he had lost track of the number trip. The difference from all the other trips came to be stated in the emergency room the night before. The teen was now legally an adult... At first Aloysius had thought that it just meant his parents could not make him take his medication, but had come to realize that it actually meant that instead of the children's psychiatric hospital he would be sent to the adult ward, two hours away.

It had taken three hours to find a possible bed for him in a hospital after he had flipped out, the next morning they had loaded him in the ambulance and drove him the full four hours to Maxwell's Psychiatric Hospital. He had signed the papers his parents normally had in the past before going through the normal intake evaluations. Stripping down completely, arms out legs spread. Every single mark on his body was being written down, his height, weight and anything else that could be thought of was documented.

Finally he was dressed in the clothing which was allowed, at least they were not the paper gowns he had been sent from the emergency room in. The teen was so happy that they let him keep Bo-Bo, a stuffed bear his simply adored, not all hospitals had let him do that. Walking to what appeared to be the group room, or at least that was what the staff lady was telling him. Aloysius was paying her no mind really.

Finding a seat next to what appeared to be the only male in the room, Aloysius had a huge smile flood his face. "Hi! I'm Ally! This is Bo-Bo! You're hot, want to be friends? we should be besties!" Yes, he was rambling.. One makes very little sense when they are manic, which might have been why his parents were afraid to find him shooting at the wall because it looked fun, with the gun he was not supposed to have.

A brief look around the room showed him that there was really no one who took much of a look from him for now. They looked interesting to a degree, but not to the point the boy beside him did. Aloysius stood up on his chair to look at the room from a higher view, "Mr. Dubois, sit down in the chair." one of the staff members who had just walked in scolded the eighteen year old who was moving faster then most people do unless on some pretty heavy stimulant drugs. The voice did however make Ally sit down, very quickly.

Bo-Bo The Bear

Beloved Citizen

7,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
((I snuck a polyvore and theme song into the picture on the left and the hidden pic on the right. He's been here for two months, but has his own room and this is his first time to group from the men's ward))
User ImageUser Image
User Image
While there might have been a bit of a scuffle about to take place over the claiming of a specific group therapy chair between two territorial patients, Mark was still meandering from his room with his hazel eyes skimming over some kind of paperback novel. Given the over-indulgence of artwork on the cover, it could have been a cheap romance or something philosophical. The extreme rarity of it being a mixture of both seemed almost too impossible to hope for, but Mark skimmed through the novel nonetheless. A somewhat tall man of six feet, with slightly larger hands and feet than average, the very lithe athletic fellow did his best to keep his pace behind his nurse escort without losing his place in the paragraph he happened to be on.

Swish, swish, turning a page.
xxx Mark, don't make me take the book until after group.”, Nurse Collins warned as kindly as possible, which did make the rust-haired fellow glance up from other the roof of his book enough to give some measure of an indignant expression. The chapter was just starting to get good, as was life to be interrupted. Thumbing a cloth bookmark between the pages, Mark just handed the book to the nurse to spare anymore argument on the subject. God knew he'd keep reading it at some point if he didn't let the nurse hold onto it now. Only entering group therapy room A after Mr. Dubois had sat down in his chair, Mark had the unpleasant situation of choosing who to sit beside. He didn't really know -anybody- well enough to make a firm logical decision on the matter. He simply pursed his lips and glanced at the fellow inmates.

Mark, there's a seat right in front of you.”, Nurse Collins said; but, Mark pretended he didn't hear the prompting. He was busy glancing from one seat to another with either a scowl, a blank look, or a pursed mouth depending on who he looked towards. ' Black-haired girl seems relatively normal...', Mark thought to himself, immediately doubting his words as he glanced to Emily next to her and pursed his lips. She looked normal too, but he had a strange sensation in his stomach so he questioned sitting next to her also. Turning to look at some of the other 'men' in the room, he scowled. Sometimes he regretted sitting by the other men he didn't know yet, they tended to act out and then he was lumped in the sum of the number when punishments were dolled out. He was about to sit next to some blond that some measure of pity drew him towards when another patient literally skipped in the room and sat next to her. Well, [********].

Mark clearly had trouble in groups, even though his stature was somewhat unnaturally cool and poised as though he held his breath. ' Alright, I'll just move to sit by the short haired girl.', Mark decided, but then moved another chair away so that the chairs directly next to him were free. Trustworthy from his behavior at the Mental Hospital he transferred from, enough to be able to wear -some- make up so long as he put it on under supervision and his eyeliner plastic pen was otherwise kept by staff, he seemed to expect stares and looks and responded with a stoic genre of indifference.

" Good morning.", That was all they were getting for now.

Beloved Citizen

7,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
User Image
User ImageUser Image
                          As comical as the thought might be of an older man being accompanied by a posse of nurses into Group room A, the older Psychiatrist strolled into the room with a clip board and a bottle of water to take a seat at the most comfortable chair in the room all by himself. Whatever conversations happened to have been started in the moments before he made his appearance, some had quieted down and others seemed to be anxiously fumbling or twitching about because Dr. Thorp never led group. He spoke privately with his patients, prescribes dosages, and asked a great deal of personal questions that 'group' tended to water down heavily to prevent the risk of offending or unsettling anyone too strongly. As though to address the elephant in the room, he spoke after clearing his throat.

Dr. Copeland has taken a personal leave of absence, so I shall be filling in today.”, Whether or not looks of confusion were passed between the patients, he glanced down at his clip board and continued further:

As a reminder, while we share in group there are to be no hateful messages of any kind. We do not wish for any to feel triggered, so be cautious to be wary of how you respond to questions as descriptions of self harm may trigger your fellow patients. Race, religion, gender, orientation, cannot be spoken of in a demeaning way. We will agree to disagree.”, Dr. Thorp seemed to be reading off of a piece of paper and trying to improvise to not read the words mechanically...not that it helped, he still sounded as though he was being chipped words in his head through an earpiece instead of speaking fluidly and warmly like Dr. Copeland.

That in mind, what would you like to talk about today? I'm going to go around the room and if you can't think of something say 'pass' or suggest something.”, This wasn't the usual procedure...it was starting to become apparent to some why Dr. Thorp generally never helped with groups. Glancing around the room, his eyes happened to fall on the rainbow colored teddy bear in Aloysius' care, and as he furrowed his eyebrows in a rather disapproving thoughtfulness, he cleared his throat...and looked between Mr. Dubois and his clipboard several times. Scribbling something down before he continued:

Mr. Dubois--”, John badly pronounced 'Dubois' as 'Dubiss'...“ Let's start with you.”, Heaven help us.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff