Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
agreed Nela.
Your life is what you make of it. Look at that guy who climbed Everest blind a few years ago. Or the double amputee that did it.
Or the 13 year old that did.

I'm kind of a climber geek. But yea.
Anela Vesir
My aunt Peggy suffered with ALS for many years, and she never gave up and never went about life as if it was something to be taken granted for. She was a very famous painter in Hawaii. They told her she'd not be able to pain again when she lost use of her arms from the Lou Gherics disease eating away her muscles.

So when she couldn't paint with her right hand, she learned to paint with her left.

When she couldn't pain with her left hand, she learned how to hold the paint brush between her teeth and paint.

When she could no longer use her teeth to hold the brush she used her nose.

Her art is currently sittin gin the Vatican.

She passed away a few years ago, but damn it. She never let anyone or any illness hold her down, and she called ME her hero. That woman was an inspiration to me ever since she saved me from an abusive foster home.

I don't know if they'll let me be a surgeon once I'm deemed legally blind though.
I don't know.

I'm still going to finish medical school and practice until I can't.
Then maybe I'll teach.

;shrug;

Hardcore Punk

Jessikenz
Cant find Fallen to watch it crying
gonk heart
that truly is inspirational, nela. She must have been an absolutely stunning woman. I would like to see some of her work some day.

Hardcore Punk

tonnu
that truly is inspirational, nela. She must have been an absolutely stunning woman. I would like to see some of her work some day.

http://peggychun.com/index.html

3nodding
Deadly Sex Scenes

I don't know if they'll let me be a surgeon once I'm deemed legally blind though.
I don't know.

Then maybe I'll teach.

;shrug;
I think that you'll find with determination you can overcome a lot more than you'd ever believe. My friend's mother got sprayed full on in the eyes with hazardous spray paint when she was ten and the doctors said she'd surely go blind. Her eyes are not perfect now, but she needs them to work, and so far she has done fine. 3nodding You would be taking the right path by working with what you have now and dealing with obstacles as they come at you. Don't give up from the start! If you're passionate about it, you will excel at your craft.

Hardcore Punk

Deadly Sex Scenes

I don't know.

Then maybe I'll teach.

;shrug;
Hm.. They told my aunt she couldn't paint and she did.

How can you be sure it's all going to turn out that way. I dunno. I don't trust anything but what I believe. That's just me though. Even if I were told I was gonna be blind I'd still keep going until the light left my eyes. :3
Anela Vesir
tonnu

3nodding
These are amazing!! And so cheerful! No wonder her work is sitting in the Vatican. I'm going to take my time browsing through these for the next while.

Hardcore Punk

tonnu
Anela Vesir
tonnu

3nodding
These are amazing!! And so cheerful! No wonder her work is sitting in the Vatican. I'm going to take my time browsing through these for the next while.
Enjoy! whee
I think my heart screamed when I saw Boo and Plumeria (the first LH painting in the gallery). I don't think people fully understand how difficult it is to paint at that level, let alone teaching yourself over and over again to use parts of the body to do it that you normally wouldn't.

8,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Nelaaaaaaaaaaaa open my Anise for me. xD

7,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Anela Vesir
Jessikenz
Cant find Fallen to watch it crying
gonk heart
I don't get it I saw it. I saw it in a redbox but when I look it up on Google and stuff it says nothing except on one page that Disney options to make a Fallen film. emo emo emo emo I want to see a movie about my new favorite book(s)
Anela Vesir
Deadly Sex Scenes

I don't know.

Then maybe I'll teach.

;shrug;
Hm.. They told my aunt she couldn't paint and she did.

How can you be sure it's all going to turn out that way. I dunno. I don't trust anything but what I believe. That's just me though. Even if I were told I was gonna be blind I'd still keep going until the light left my eyes. :3

I have a genetic disorder, that causes my eyes to be bad, and the surgery they can do for it, is really minimal.

On top of that I have an astigmatism. which causes me even more grief. (Though that's something surgery can practically fix)

Granted, legally blind doesn't say much, as someone still normally has some range of vision.
I just wont be able to be a surgeon. (which unfortunately is the one thing I wanted more then anything.)

I mean, I will find some way to utilize the training I get but ffff, I don't even want that to happen.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff