Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Fox

garagesail
SilverFoxThief
garagesail

i still think the doc thing is hilarious- i always thought of those sort of occurrences as things that happen in poorly written melodramas (ie, daytime soap operas).. then, it happened irl! rofl i didnt even find out that he had left the country until i was talking with my vocational rehabilitation case manager half a year later!

my biggest challenges with finding another doc have been transportation and my insurance company- the nearest provider under my coverage (that is certified to provide that level of diagnostics) is about 150 miles away. i have a car now, though, so i can tackle the big psych issues now biggrin

the difficulty of stepping back and looking at the whole thing is that i then see whole myriad of things that need working on lol

It is funny! ...Also kinda rude he didn't tell you himself at least.. sweatdrop

eek 150 miles?! Dang... Well good luck! 3nodding

Oh, I see. Zooming out just makes the little things more obvious.. Hmm.. confused

the last time i had spoke to him, he had called me in last minute to run a few more tests. at the end of the session, he explained that his wife had been diagnosed with cancer and that he had to leave for the metro area to get her treatment immediately. he not only assured me that he would get my file completed, but told my voc rehab case worker that he would get files completed for all of the patients that she had sent him once he arrived in portland.

it was about six months later that polly called me and told me that i would have to do a new screening with another dr and explained that the previous one had gone to malaysia to get affordable treatment for his wife.

yes, that exactly the issue i have. ive found that i really have to just walk away from the project for a while to get some perspective on my nit-picking. sometimes, i will even take breaks of a few days, come back, see exactly what the real issue is and how to fix it.

i used this same technique in college- i called it a brain break. when ive pushed myself too far and i just cant take anymore in, i'll switch gears entirely. i might do 2 hours of homework, followed by an hour of gaming, when i come back to the school work, im fresh again biggrin

Oh... Well, that's understandable to an extent.. Racing out of the country to try and help his wife, but... at the same time, that doesn't change that he didn't notify his patients of what was happening... neutral

Oh! I've done that before too! When the project just gets too frustrating, just step away and do something else for a while, even a short while, and come back when your head has cooled! 3nodding biggrin

Shy Fox

garagesail
SilverFoxThief
garagesail
SilverFoxThief

eek .....Aw, dang! I thought bmp was, well, at least one of the better ones... Better than jpg at least.. xp I'll remember that! Thanks! biggrin

bmp is absolutely preferable to jpg. jpg compresses images, which causes weird discolorations.

Weird discolorations? I've never noticed that.. I just thought jpgs got really pixelated in time.. xp

they do get pixelated, and (it seems weird) but it does seem to be more pronounced over time. if you look closely at those erosions, you'll see that there are inconsistancies in the coloration, which is what causes the pixelated effects.

eek Oh! Oh, I've seen that! The zoomed up jpgs sometimes have big blotchy spots... Hmm, I wonder why that happens...? Are they just not saved with enough data to prevent corrosion? confused

Shy Fox

garagesail
SilverFoxThief
garagesail
SilverFoxThief
garagesail

lol ty emotion_bigheart

when i saw your mention of a new fafnir recolor, i just had to take a look. i dont know what stunned me more: the fact that it matched the dream avi im working on, or the fact that it was affordable! eek

=^_^= heart

It's the same color as the Porcelain dragon... Maybe that's one of the colors they're trying to do more items of! 3nodding It's probably 'cause it was part of the tier system... Still, who would spend 2000 GC to sell an item like that for a few billion? xd

i hope it is- they dont do much in these colors, but i really love them!

lol i had no idea that it was part of a tier! anymore, i just click through the announcements real quick to get them out of my header- its gotten so spammy :L

It is really delicate, I'll give you that! ^_^

Yeah, I've heard that from so many people it's not even funny.. xp You'd think they'd at least combine more of the announcements.. confused I only look just in case there's a new dragon item I'd like...or possibly a nice Limited item. 3nodding

ive wondered the same thing, especially with the cash shop updates. they release several new items every day- why do we need a separate announcement for each one? and a new sale every day? that stops being special when stuff is always on special...

Well, to be fair, they've combined some of the announcements more than they used to.. They used to release like...3 an hour or more. You know how some of them have several rows of new limited items and bundles and RIGs, etc? Yeah...once each of those was a separate annoncement... xp So, I agree with you...sometimes it's tiring to get 5+ a day...but they've done worse...much worse... xp

Shy Fox

garagesail
SilverFoxThief
garagesail
SilverFoxThief

Okay, I'll let you know! ^_^ Other than not having the text invisible, I always really liked that layout and I never really thought to change it.. Although, I do wonder how people do some really fascinating things to their profiles! eek

there is a special coding language which is meant to augment html for styling purposes called css. im not clear on what percentage of the css language is actually effective here, but it has imense potential. here is a guide to coding that fuui shared with me

*looks at guide* eek Wow! It seems really overwhelming since I just looked at it...but I found it kind of interesting the guide talked about v2/Current profile types...but the designer for the layout of my profile used the Classic... I wonder if there's a difference...? confused Well, it's interesting nonetheless! 3nodding

Hehe, I found a list of gaia colors on there. whee

lol i experimented with classic today... it has everything that is on the usual profile, but layed out in a grid

Oooh, so...it's like having your desktop icons free vs in a grid? =3

Shy Fox

I just saw my cousin on TV...... OOOoooh, his epic focus of a chef! rofl

Time-traveling Hellhound

11,300 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
SilverFoxThief
garagesail
SilverFoxThief
garagesail
SilverFoxThief
garagesail

lol ty emotion_bigheart

when i saw your mention of a new fafnir recolor, i just had to take a look. i dont know what stunned me more: the fact that it matched the dream avi im working on, or the fact that it was affordable! eek

=^_^= heart

It's the same color as the Porcelain dragon... Maybe that's one of the colors they're trying to do more items of! 3nodding It's probably 'cause it was part of the tier system... Still, who would spend 2000 GC to sell an item like that for a few billion? xd

lol i had no idea that it was part of a tier! anymore, i just click through the announcements real quick to get them out of my header- its gotten so spammy :L

Yeah, I've heard that from so many people it's not even funny.. xp You'd think they'd at least combine more of the announcements.. confused I only look just in case there's a new dragon item I'd like...or possibly a nice Limited item. 3nodding

ive wondered the same thing, especially with the cash shop updates. they release several new items every day- why do we need a separate announcement for each one? and a new sale every day? that stops being special when stuff is always on special...

Well, to be fair, they've combined some of the announcements more than they used to.. They used to release like...3 an hour or more. You know how some of them have several rows of new limited items and bundles and RIGs, etc? Yeah...once each of those was a separate annoncement... xp So, I agree with you...sometimes it's tiring to get 5+ a day...but they've done worse...much worse... xp

You should make a hang out topic or talk in PM if you want to keep talking to Sail, this topic is closed, and I'm fed up of dealing with her.

Shy Fox

Fuuinashi
cat_ninja

I'm gonna have to close this topic.

O__o;;;

Shy Fox

Fuuinashi
SilverFoxThief
garagesail
SilverFoxThief
garagesail

You should make a hang out topic or talk in PM if you want to keep talking to Sail, this topic is closed, and I'm fed up of dealing with her.

What? Oh I'm sorry Pear, I didn't realize I should stop posting... I didn't mean to bump your topic unnecessarily.. sweatdrop So, you want me to stop posting emote things and such here? =3

Is everything okay..? sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces