[ P i n o y ]
Never heard of that
Gotta go there someday 3nodding
lol, AYCE = All You Can Eat xd

Lol, should have said buffet
But I got you cool

Friendly Trader

Chaos Raver v2
yeah, del was trying to get kaku banned, even tried to get a mod friend of hers to ban kaku without just cause. rumor was del had access to that mods account too. but kaku had blackmail on del. some nude video or something. it was a s**t storm in most of their threads at the time

Sounds like her usual tactic. -_- I'm a textbook case of that. Way to go to him for not actually getting banned.

Dapper Gaian

Alexi_Jameson
ymmij
Ah, that sounds like it would be quite an involved app to write, but it'd be super cool to have, considering people get lost in those conventions quite easily.

Mmhm it was designed so that you could put any map in there. You could do it for a shopping mall or a department store, an art exhibition, etc.

But it was just a small project we did for a class that mainly focused on the creation of web applications. I really ought to take what we learned and apply it to something better.

There were many way better projects. A friend of mine made an app that basically had you share food pictures like instagram, except it was all about food. whee Their graphics were pretty advanced and it was well-designed. I felt like it's something a lot of people would use.

One problem we faced was determining how we could convince a company to adopt this application for their event. Problem is, event designers often have their information in other databases or already have their own system, and so we found that convincing companies to use the application was really the biggest hurdle. They just didn't have the manpower or the time to adopt a new technology.

Do you guys generally have to convince companies to adopt your software or do they come to you?
Ah, yah, that's definitely a problem. We have a team dedicated to getting the data into the db the way that it should be and maintaining some of that stuff. Companies suck at sending you info in the format you want them to. I think if you wrote an API to manage their data, they'd be more willing to use that than to pull out the data and format it in the way you want it to. Not sure why its more work to format it when putting it into an excel worksheet than it is when feeding it to an api, but companies are dumb....
alright. I'm getting tired and I have work tomorrow. have a good night guys. oli, I'll probably see you at fanime next year

jimmy: I'll hopefully see you again when I log in another 3-4 years from now.

Dapper Gaian

Chaos Raver v2
ymmij
Chaos Raver v2
but I gotta wonder, will a fish completely coated in resin rot or decompose still? or will the resin preserve it?
I feel like it will rot to a degree? Maybe you should get a dried fish instead.
maybe a large dried inflated puffer fish and turn it into a helmet? rofl
Hahaha, nice, that'd work, and you wouldn't have to put resin on that either.

Dapper Gaian

Chaos Raver v2
alright. I'm getting tired and I have work tomorrow. have a good night guys. oli, I'll probably see you at fanime next year

I should probably go to bed too. Have a great wedding, since i probably won't talk to you before then xp

Dapper Gaian

Ok, I guess its time to stop spamming. G'night everyone.

Friendly Trader

ymmij
Ah, yah, that's definitely a problem. We have a team dedicated to getting the data into the db the way that it should be and maintaining some of that stuff. Companies suck at sending you info in the format you want them to. I think if you wrote an API to manage their data, they'd be more willing to use that than to pull out the data and format it in the way you want it to. Not sure why its more work to format it when putting it into an excel worksheet than it is when feeding it to an api, but companies are dumb....

haha Yeah, I felt like it almost required a separate team in addition to ours to put in all the information that one would need to make the application work completely. We installed an API to allow the admin to manipulate the data from anywhere, across the web, but even then it was just a matter of "no time" no matter how simple we made that API or how intuitive it was.

Good to know that this is how it works in the real world too. At least it's job security for those who are willing to put in the grunt work to transfer the data over. >.> Even with a GUI to do it, the groups we were working with just weren't willing to adopt it over the paper sheets because it was perceived as less work to create the paper sheets even if the end user experience wasn't as good.

A lot of progress can be impeded by legacy systems it seems, primarily because people just don't want to adopt the new stuff. I've heard some friends from Microsoft say that there are companies who use pre-Windows 95 on their machines and paid Microsoft millions just to make their software compatible with those machines rather than spending those millions to upgrade.

It's crazy really. Companies are dumb indeed.

Friendly Trader

ymmij
Ok, I guess its time to stop spamming. G'night everyone.

Gnight!

Friendly Trader

Chaos Raver v2

Night man. 3nodding
It's so hard to get art now a days sad
everything is full

Friendly Trader

[ P i n o y ]
everything is full

I've heard as much. sweatdrop With inflation as high as it is, the gold you get per dollar spent is at an all-time high and so you really get a lot more value. And a lot of people are competing for art before they quit. It's kinda sad but at least it keeps the artists busy. But it sounds like maybe they may have to raise prices to compensate for the demand. sad

What's the average commission go for these days if I were to stop in and try to get some art?

Amateur Angel

17,950 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
it makes me sad that you are not on my ff server. sad
Alexi_Jameson
[ P i n o y ]
everything is full

I've heard as much. sweatdrop With inflation as high as it is, the gold you get per dollar spent is at an all-time high and so you really get a lot more value. And a lot of people are competing for art before they quit. It's kinda sad but at least it keeps the artists busy. But it sounds like maybe they may have to raise prices to compensate for the demand. sad

What's the average commission go for these days if I were to stop in and try to get some art?

IDK, probably like 1-3m
emo

Friendly Trader

Chogori
it makes me sad that you are not on my ff server. sad

sad Which one. Cactuar? I'm on Cactuar.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers