Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Gaian

Alexi_Jameson
ymmij
My friends like going to Cham Sut Gol

Hmmm *goes to look it up*
Manna's supposed to be quite good too. I'm trying to think of the place I went a few years back that served the rice in hot stone pots and then used barley tea to get the slightly burnt crunchy parts off the bowl. That was tasty and apparently quite authentic.

Friendly Trader

ymmij
lol, I love it, it simplifies so much stuff xd

The one I'm working on is local search stuff. For example if you go to Sports Authority, their store locator pages are done by my company's software.

Ooh location-based search. Okay, cool! I can get behind that. We were coding something similar for a project. Like if you went to a convention, the app was supposed to be able to give you an interactive map of where you were in relation to the booths and such, with information about the booths. Didn't work out quite as expected. >.> So we had to simplify it into just an interactive map.

Dapper Gaian

[ P i n o y ]
Never heard of that
Gotta go there someday 3nodding
lol, AYCE = All You Can Eat xd

Dapper Gaian

Chaos Raver v2
ymmij
Chaos Raver v2
jimmy: I could, but that fish alone has to cost nearly a grand
small price to make things epic, right? ......Right?! lol sweatdrop
true. I spent more than that on her last year after all xD but with the wedding coming up I couldn't drop that much on a fish hat.
Haha, I was just kidding, just find a much smaller fish and make a hat from that. I'm sure it'll be epically gross enough having to wear any fish hat.
ymmij
[ P i n o y ]
Never heard of that
way to go. you confused him rolleyes

Friendly Trader

ymmij
Manna's supposed to be quite good too. I'm trying to think of the place I went a few years back that served the rice in hot stone pots and then used barley tea to get the slightly burnt crunchy parts off the bowl. That was tasty and apparently quite authentic.

Hm. :O

Apparently the place you suggested closed/changed their name to Bak Kung Korean BBQ. It seems like it's near the hotel I'll be staying at. whee Well. Reasonably near if you are willing to walk/drive for a small distance.

Thanks for the tip!

All this talk of food makes me hungry. @______@

brb making some food.

Dapper Gaian

Alexi_Jameson
ymmij
lol, I love it, it simplifies so much stuff xd

The one I'm working on is local search stuff. For example if you go to Sports Authority, their store locator pages are done by my company's software.

Ooh location-based search. Okay, cool! I can get behind that. We were coding something similar for a project. Like if you went to a convention, the app was supposed to be able to give you an interactive map of where you were in relation to the booths and such, with information about the booths. Didn't work out quite as expected. >.> So we had to simplify it into just an interactive map.
Ah, that sounds like it would be quite an involved app to write, but it'd be super cool to have, considering people get lost in those conventions quite easily.

Friendly Trader

Chaos Raver v2
I still remember the war between her and kaku_devon xD that was glorious. and kaku was the person who got me to go to fanime the first time back in 05 or 06 or something

lol They had a war? Remind me to shake Kaku's hand if I ever bump into them in real life.
but I gotta wonder, will a fish completely coated in resin rot or decompose still? or will the resin preserve it?

Dapper Gaian

Chaos Raver v2
ymmij
[ P i n o y ]
Never heard of that
way to go. you confused him rolleyes
Clearly its a talent of mine whee

Dapper Gaian

Alexi_Jameson
Chaos Raver v2
I still remember the war between her and kaku_devon xD that was glorious. and kaku was the person who got me to go to fanime the first time back in 05 or 06 or something

lol They had a war? Remind me to shake Kaku's hand if I ever bump into them in real life.
O_o i always tried to stay out of all the gaia drama whenever there was any.

Dapper Gaian

Chaos Raver v2
but I gotta wonder, will a fish completely coated in resin rot or decompose still? or will the resin preserve it?
I feel like it will rot to a degree? Maybe you should get a dried fish instead.
Alexi_Jameson
Chaos Raver v2

yeah, del was trying to get kaku banned, even tried to get a mod friend of hers to ban kaku without just cause. rumor was del had access to that mods account too. but kaku had blackmail on del. some nude video or something. it was a s**t storm in most of their threads at the time

Friendly Trader

ymmij
Ah, that sounds like it would be quite an involved app to write, but it'd be super cool to have, considering people get lost in those conventions quite easily.

Mmhm it was designed so that you could put any map in there. You could do it for a shopping mall or a department store, an art exhibition, etc.

But it was just a small project we did for a class that mainly focused on the creation of web applications. I really ought to take what we learned and apply it to something better.

There were many way better projects. A friend of mine made an app that basically had you share food pictures like instagram, except it was all about food. whee Their graphics were pretty advanced and it was well-designed. I felt like it's something a lot of people would use.

One problem we faced was determining how we could convince a company to adopt this application for their event. Problem is, event designers often have their information in other databases or already have their own system, and so we found that convincing companies to use the application was really the biggest hurdle. They just didn't have the manpower or the time to adopt a new technology.

Do you guys generally have to convince companies to adopt your software or do they come to you?
ymmij
Chaos Raver v2
I feel like it will rot to a degree? Maybe you should get a dried fish instead.
maybe a large dried inflated puffer fish and turn it into a helmet? rofl

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces