Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you think is the fitting punishment for a late entry?

Disqualification. 0.29411764705882 29.4% [ 10 ]
Point Deduction. 0.14705882352941 14.7% [ 5 ]
Disadvantage in the next round. 0.11764705882353 11.8% [ 4 ]
Nothing. 0.058823529411765 5.9% [ 2 ]
First offense: Warning. Second: Deduction. Third: Disqualification. 0.38235294117647 38.2% [ 13 ]
Total Votes:[ 34 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 65 66 67 > >>

User ImageUser Image

Gaia's Next Top Designer

((Totally not an original idea))

。G。a。i。a。s。 。N。e。x。t。 。T。o。p。 。D。e。s。i。g。n。e。r。

。i。s。

!!!Daemon Dreadful!!!

We've revamped GNTD everybody!

It is now called.....

PROJECT TEKTEK
User ImageUser Image

GNTD

。W。h。o。  。A。r。e 。 。Y。o。u。?
((Who who, who who?))

___Currently In___
1. ColdFusionReactor

3. Daemon Dreadful

___Currently Out___

2. XxXiBiteXxX

4. skyrus123
5. The Melancholy Teapot
6. -name w h o r e
7. Elda-Chan
8. Fights Bears Naked
9. fleur murale
10. aeipathy
11. xForever_Dreaming
12. Flappyfloops
13. Battle Whale
14. Aeyrth
15. Insanity_Is_Freedom
User ImageUser Image

GNTD

。W。h。o。  。D。o。  。Y。o。u。  。T。h。i。n。k。  。W。e。  。A。r。e。
((We are the Judges!))

___Main Judge___
Me Be Mister E

I am legal. Yay me.
I like matching avatars with realistic layering.
I love working with male avatars and am rather good at it.
I appreciate themes.
Sucking up never works...bribes...maybe... ninja

___Judge #2___
iRawrRachel

Im Rachel, and i love music.
I love seeing colors and layering in tektek.
I don't like seeing an over use of a set;
and alot of colors with no theme.
Just have fun. biggrin

___Judge #3___
Alexzandera

I am currently a college student trying to make their way in life.
When looking for a tektek I like to see a balance in the amount of items and colors.
Originality is a very good way to get in good with me, making something both pleasing to the eye and new is a major plus.
I really do not like seeing multiples of an item or sets used, it makes it look tacky in the end.
I look for creativity people, be original, that's a way to get in my good books!
User ImageUser Image

GNTD

。C。o。n。t。e。s。t。

IT’S THE FINAL COUNTDOOOOOWN!
DUH NAH NAH NAAAAH DUH NANA NA NA NAAAA

It’s the final challenge where gaia’s next top designer will be chosen. Congratulations to both contestants for making it this far.

Now. The final challenge you will not be making 1 tektek. You will not be doing 2 tekteks. You will be making a total of 5 tekteks!

Each of you will pick your favorite monthly collectable. That’s right, MC, we’re goin’ old school.

The MC you choose, must have at least 5 different poses. Each avatar will use a different pose for the MC. And Each avatar will have its own requirements. (1 item in two different hands does not count as two poses!))

Avatar 1: Must be worth more than 1 million gold, and must have at least 10 items equipped.
Avatar 2: Avatar must have a non-human feature (tails, ears, hooves, etc.) not in the picked MC. Must introduce a color not included in the first.
Avatar 3: Must be the opposite gender of avatar 2. Must introduce a color not included in the second or first.
Avatar 4: Excluding the MC, must be under 20k. Must introduce a color not included in the third, second, or first avatar.
Avatar 5: Free Style-you may express yourself however you like, so it better be your best.

Each avatar created will be given 10 points. If all three judges score, the most points you can earn is 150.

These tekteks will be due Friday, July 31 by midnight.

You may turn the tekteks in as you complete them and I will post them up on the thread so they don't get lost.

Please tell me which MC you pick when you turn in your first avatar so I can tell!
User ImageUser Image

GNTD

。E。n。t。r。i。e。s。 。L。i。s。t。
((Please double check to make sure the tektek is correct.
PM me the correct one if not.))

1. User Image2. User Image3. User Image4.User Image 5.User Image
ColdFusionReactor
5/5

1.User Image 2.User Image 3.User Image 4.User Image 5.User Image
Daemon Dreadful
5/5

User ImageUser Image

GNTD

。J。u。d。g。e。m。e。n。t。

ColdFusionReactor
Avatar 1: The avatar is nice and matches well. Love that you also stuck with a “virgo the virgin” theme. My main concern is the pendant. It doesn’t really stick out much, so it seems like you just used it to fill the 1million gold gap.
7/10

Avatar 2: Love the black and brown together, and the attempt to match the arrow feathers with the dogs. My only complaint is that the avatar is a bit plain. You could have used some sort of circlet, crown, necklace, something to spice it up a bit.
5/10

Avatar 3: The avatar matched beautifully. However, I really wish you would have used less evolving items. Besides the elemental hair and the western zodiac, that’s all it is.
4/10

Avatar 4: This is super cute. My total favorite so far. I wish you would have used a different shoe than the Grecian ones since you already have the top equipped. Not sure if I would have included the paper hat, I think the western zodiac could have stood on it’s own without it. Love that without the zodiac, your total is only 5k. Perfect for the challenge I gave for this avatar.
9/10

Avatar 5: It’s a cute avatar. I think I could have lived without the moon base and I think I would have liked the eyes better if they were gray rather than the gold.
8/10

1. Ooo~! This one is cutee! But it doesn't look complete, you could have added more items to this and maybe some gloves.
7/10

2. I like the way this avi turned out, but i really don't like how simple it is, and the dog, what's the point of that being there?
6/10

3. Umm, it's alright... I wish you would have used different items to make this avi, all the items you used in this are wayy to commonly put together, so it doesn't have originality at all.
2/10

4. Honestly, i don't really like this avi. You need more black around the feet, it's kinda top heavy and it seems to bulky.
3/10

5. Eh, it's alright. I like the theme, but it just seems to common.
6/10

Avatar 1: It is a beautiful avvie, my problem is that it didn’t follow the rules. There are only 9 items on here and there is to be a minimum of 10. The gold in the skirt is darker than the gold on the top of the avvie and is throwing it off a little.
4/10

Avatar 2: I would have liked to see more creativity, it is too simplistic but it does follow the guidelines. The chill of artemis is unnecessary, and actually throws the dynamic of the avvie off a little.
6/10

Avatar 3: Beautiful. All the different blues blend wonderfully.
9/10

Avatar 4: I’m not loving it. You had 20k to work with and I think you could have done more with this. Also there needed to be some black on the bottom.
4/10

Avatar 5: I really like this one. Kind of like a warrior goddess but with an attitude. My only complaint is the lack of gold/yellow in the middle.
8/10

Total: 80/150

Daemon Dreaful

Avatar 1: I’m not really wild about this avatar. I don’t understand the choice of sybils incantation as there is no other use of black in the avatar. The chill of artemis doesn’t match very well with the other whites, but does go well with the eyes. For being over 1million, this avatar could be more decadent.
4/10

Avatar 2: I absolutely ADORE this avatar. I’d be proud to wear something like it. It’s just all over adorableness. I wish you would have done a bit more leafy-ness to match the laurels, but it generally works.
10/10

Avatar 3: The avatar is rather cute. Very “princess.” But I have issues with the garlic dress. The bottom doesn’t really match with anything. I think you should have used a pink dress instead.
6/10

Avatar 4: Such a cool avatar. It looks like a super hero. You definitely used your small budget wisely. I would have liked to see a bit more yellow near the bottom to match with the dress, but it looks nice.
8/10

Avatar 5: I love this avatar. Very few people can pull off that post of Gift of the Goddess, but you did it perfect. I think maybe you could have used a green top rather than the brown as the tone is a bit different from the others, but it’s perfect other than that.
9/10

1. There is something about this avi that doesn't flow right, its kinda cute but there just seems like there's something wrong with it.
5/10

2. Aww, how cute! Honestly the only thing that bothers me on this avi is his hair.
8/10

3. Cute! But it doesn't exactly flow, I think its the dress you used that threw it off balance, and it seems too top heavy.
6/10

4. Woah, i really like this avi. My only complaint is that there needs to be more black around the waist area, but overrall i like it!
9/10

5. I really like this! No complaints, love how the colors match perfectly!
10/10

Avatar 1: I would like to say I like it but the hair ruined it for me. It makes no sense with the avvie at all. Other than that, it did follow the guidelines.
6/10

Avatar 2: This one is actually pretty cute. The avvie balances pretty well, but it feels like something is missing.
7/10

Avatar 3: This one is weird to me. I like the wings used, they’re hardly ever seen on avvies. There is too much green on top and not enough on the bottom to keep it balanced. The gold and light yellows needed to be balanced out more. The creativity is great but could have been done better.
4/10

Avatar 4: I do not like this one at all. There is no balance with the avatar in either color, or amount of items throughout the avvie. The 20k limit could have been used better.
3/10

Avatar 5: You did pretty well with this one, minus the fact that there is no brown in the lower half of the avvie.
7/10

Total: 102/150

User ImageUser Image

GNTD

。R。e。s。e。r。v。e。d。
I think that I'm finished......O.O???

Am I forgetting anything???
Nope I don't think soooo....everything looks pretty good....

*is totally not talking to himself....*
Okay, just so you all know there were some changes to the posts, so you might want to look them over and get caught up!

Make it work designers!~~~ heart

3,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

i do say, my dear:

FIERCE.

User Image

User Image
Yes you are monster, love the outfit on your avi. Very British

*wishes he was British*

3,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

i do say, my dear:

i knoww.
i totally hated nartian, and then i saw the dress and i was in awe.

*wishes she were british too*

User Image

3,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

i do say, my dear:

oh, and
wtf is up with the new shops?

ruby's rack?
scream

User Image
Lol, as soon as I saw the red white and blue belt for nartian I was in love. I am saving up for a first gen right now. I got two Kottan bells and I hope they'll turn into something beautiful. I also picked up one of the DNA thingies. Don't know if it'll turn out good, but I'll make it work ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff