Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Lunatic

9,100 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Invisibility 100
I'm looking for some constructive criticism on my guild Grabbin' and Gamin - A Booty Grab Guild, and I need your help! I've been away for awhile, but I want to get this place back up and running again, but I'm at a lost on where to start...

So here's how it works. Post below with both pros and cons about my guild, and the more you post about it, the more you get paid. Each pro is worth 100 Gold, and each con is worth 200 Gold. The reason I do it this way is because although knowing what you like about it is all well and good so I know what not to change, cons tell me what I can do to better my guild overall.

Please Note - Post at least on pro and one con that you have about the guild, or you won't be credited. Also, please don't post thoughtless responses, or ones that don't tell me how to improve (Say you put down "This guild sucks." Ok, well tell me WHY it sucks, so it won't suck as much later! )

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/grabbin-and-gamin-a-booty-grab-guild/g.386355/

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Pro's
-Lovely Art (the banners and bumps) Everyone likes good art and pretty things
-Plenty of topics / subforums - when people join there will be a lot of stuff you can talk about.
-Guide to booty grab - these are always useful!

Con's
- No members? It seems only you have posted
-affiliates only seem to be one way! (if they don't link you back don't link them its not fair on you!)
-Limited rules - they don't seem very detailed but maybe I am just a stickler for rules

My best advice is join other guilds and invite people to your own. in time get proper affiliates. You can advertise you guild for a price in the Gaian Informer Magazine (they are one of my affiliates) you can have a look at my guild if you like it may help you.

Best of luck. You have a good foundation maybe throw an event somewhere to get people interested.

Tipsy Lunatic

9,100 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Invisibility 100
Nights-Rune
Pro's
-Plenty of topics / subforums - when people join there will be a lot of stuff you can talk about.

Con's
-affiliates only seem to be one way! (if they don't link you back don't link them its not fair on you!)
-Limited rules - they don't seem very detailed but maybe I am just a stickler for rules

My best advice is join other guilds and invite people to your own. in time get proper affiliates. You can advertise you guild for a price in the Gaian Informer Magazine (they are one of my affiliates) you can have a look at my guild if you like it may help you.

Best of luck. You have a good foundation maybe throw an event somewhere to get people interested.

Alright, thank you for your input!
I'll send you a trade with 1,000g right away. smile

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
TheNamelessTraveler
Nights-Rune
Pro's

Con's

Alright, thank you for your input!
I'll send you a trade with 1,000g right away. smile

Thank you very much. You are welcome to join my guild if you like what you see. That is what my money funds.

Tipsy Lunatic

9,100 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Invisibility 100
Bump! smile

Tipsy Lunatic

9,100 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Invisibility 100

Hilarious Genius

TheNamelessTraveler

Pro's
~ Art looks nice (maybe add some more)
~ The contest page/ threads is a good idea!
~ Plenty of topics for a wide variety of people

Con's
~ Home page looks is rather boring. The home page is the first thing everyone sees, so if it looks boring, people will think that the guild itself is boring. Maybe add some art to it to make it more visual. And add more type to the home page. All I got from the home page is that your an aquarium guild and that you are organized. Jazz that up to make people more interested in your guild. You mention contests and prizes briefly when you tell them not to donate, add more about that! Just something to get people interested.
~ FAQ page - make a thread where people can reply at with their own questions, if you have them all make their own threads, you will get way too many threads and loose that organization that you are so proud of.
~ Contest page - don't let members join contests for free. Charge them 100g or something, but you probably won't get much gold from nonmembers, so you will need to get some from your members. If not, you will be the one to end up paying for it all.
~ It seems like you are the one-man-army here. You are the only one who posts. I would do an activity check of all of your members, and remove those who have become inactive. They can always join again later if they become active on gaia again, and it will help you get a clean start.
~ Do you have a Topic here in the Guild Network that advertises your guild? having one of those is always a good thing to have. It will help others find your guild. Also keep an eye on the Network, a lot of people will post here that they are looking for a guild, and you can post on their thread inviting them to yours. And add a link to that thread in the guild where members can find it and bump it so others can see it.

I hoped this helped! ;D

Tipsy Lunatic

9,100 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Invisibility 100
fire_moon_77
TheNamelessTraveler

Pro's
~ Art looks nice (maybe add some more)
~ The contest page/ threads is a good idea!
~ Plenty of topics for a wide variety of people

Con's
~ Home page looks is rather boring. The home page is the first thing everyone sees, so if it looks boring, people will think that the guild itself is boring. Maybe add some art to it to make it more visual. And add more type to the home page. All I got from the home page is that your an aquarium guild and that you are organized. Jazz that up to make people more interested in your guild. You mention contests and prizes briefly when you tell them not to donate, add more about that! Just something to get people interested.
~ FAQ page - make a thread where people can reply at with their own questions, if you have them all make their own threads, you will get way too many threads and loose that organization that you are so proud of.
~ Contest page - don't let members join contests for free. Charge them 100g or something, but you probably won't get much gold from nonmembers, so you will need to get some from your members. If not, you will be the one to end up paying for it all.
~ It seems like you are the one-man-army here. You are the only one who posts. I would do an activity check of all of your members, and remove those who have become inactive. They can always join again later if they become active on gaia again, and it will help you get a clean start.
~ Do you have a Topic here in the Guild Network that advertises your guild? having one of those is always a good thing to have. It will help others find your guild. Also keep an eye on the Network, a lot of people will post here that they are looking for a guild, and you can post on their thread inviting them to yours. And add a link to that thread in the guild where members can find it and bump it so others can see it.

I hoped this helped! ;D

Thank you, I've sent you a trade with the gold, very helpful! ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas