Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Lover

I was thinking about making an anime guild (among the many out there), and it would be my first time making a guild. Suggestions? Advice?

Dangerous Visionary

Understand that many people are put off on the guilds as they are have a very different format than the main forum. (This is a nice way of saying they are kind of outdated most of the time and that Gaia has done a shoddy job at keeping them updated.) The better guilds I have been in have laid back rules, friendly members, and understand that it won't always be active. The guilds that try to pressure people into posting a lot and being active usually fails. Also try to avoid drama by making threads with friends you really don't know or won't be friends with for long. Seems like when a group of irl high school BFF make a guild drama ensures.

Have events and try to have fun.

Romantic Lover

Miss-dark8607
Understand that many people are put off on the guilds as they are have a very different format than the main forum. (This is a nice way of saying they are kind of outdated most of the time and that Gaia has done a shoddy job at keeping them updated.) The better guilds I have been in have laid back rules, friendly members, and understand that it won't always be active. The guilds that try to pressure people into posting a lot and being active usually fails. Also try to avoid drama by making threads with friends you really don't know or won't be friends with for long. Seems like when a group of irl high school BFF make a guild drama ensures.

Thank you very much. ^_^ I will keep this in mind.

Dangerous Visionary

Princess7777
Miss-dark8607

No problem. I wish you the best of luck.

Romantic Lover

Miss-dark8607
Princess7777
Miss-dark8607

Thank you again. <3

Dangerous Visionary

Princess7777
Miss-dark8607
Princess7777
Miss-dark8607

Thank you again. <3

If you every need any more help. Just PM or whatever. I can help out with events and things like that.

Indulgent Reveler

If you are planning on making one, buy a dead one off another person. Most times its cheaper, already has subforums and a member count that will make people more interested. When more active members joins, remove the dead ones.

Be warned to avoid buying a guild with too many subforums as it turns many people off and that buying a used guild will take some clean-up time. In the end though, it's worth it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff