Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Seeker

Hello, I'm an active crew memeber of a Role Playing guild.
I just started to ban people who had joined a long time but never once made a post in the guild. I didn't want to ban anyone but I do want the guild to become active again and it was reasonble fair.

But I do need advice on how to deal with people who had posted but vanish on the way.
It is more fair to look at how long they stop posting and to see if they are constanly online or not?

Should I give out warnings to memebers who are online a good most of the time but stop posting lets say a month ago?

I won't ban those who gave me a heads up that they were going to Awol for a while. But what about those who appears to be never online?

Help a soft hearted rookie out

Spicy Spook

50,350 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Haunter 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
Some people may have left for one reason or another.

Maybe they lost internet, or moved, is grounded, just doesn't like Gaia anymore, maybe even banned from Gaia.

Whatever the reason is, I think this is what I would do....

I'd make a thread in my guild. This thread will be for any members who wish to remain in the guild to post in to let you know not to ban them.

Then, send out an announcement letting everyone know that bans are coming for all inactive members, but if they wish to stay in the guild to post in the above thread.

You can also mention in the announcement that if they were on hiatus, and when they come back they are still interested in being a part of the guild to send you a PM or profile comment or just send another join request.

I'd then wait around 1 week to allow everyone do get their announcement and to let you know before the bans start.

Anyhoo, I hope this helps & lots of luck with your guild!

Invisible Seeker

That's a wonderful idea, oh thank you so much heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas