Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you be willing to participate in something like this?

Heck yeah man! 1 100.0% [ 2 ]
Nah son. 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Gold. 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 2 ]

I'm considering creating a guild which members exchange items and gold for pre-inflated prices. Not for the sake of making profits, but as a way for those users who can't stand the hyperinflation to be able to get together and get away from it.

My only issue is the fact that I don't know if anyone would be willing to participate in this sort of thing. So feedback would be loved on this idea. I'd also like to know if you personally would be interested in participating.

Newbie Noob

Reminds me of Team Fortress 2 servers that forced all keys to be sold between 2.33-.55 even though they had inflated in price to 4.55-.66

Eventually those servers changed there policy. Simply put, key continued to rise in value. Now they sell around the 8 mark.

Likewise, what is to stop a member from coming inside the guild, taking advantage of the lower market, then selling said items for double or triple elsewhere? I Just don't see it working out. There are only two reasons to trade: to get something you want or to make a profit. I just can't see people who want to make a profit joining the group. As such, the high end items people want won't ever be up for trade.

But that's just my opinion.
So, pretty much you want a low gold market run exclusively within this planned guild, correct?

You still need to find a way to draw in gold for the members.

How about all items can me sold amongst members for low pricing,

where as any unwanted items can then be placed on the actual market along side inflated prices?

And the gold from that can then be deposited into the guild bank to be divided among the members?
DarkSohisohi
Reminds me of Team Fortress 2 servers that forced all keys to be sold between 2.33-.55 even though they had inflated in price to 4.55-.66

Eventually those servers changed there policy. Simply put, key continued to rise in value. Now they sell around the 8 mark.

Likewise, what is to stop a member from coming inside the guild, taking advantage of the lower market, then selling said items for double or triple elsewhere? I Just don't see it working out. There are only two reasons to trade: to get something you want or to make a profit. I just can't see people who want to make a profit joining the group. As such, the high end items people want won't ever be up for trade.

But that's just my opinion.

First off I just wanted to say thanks for the input! I honestly didn't think anyone would respond to this thread for a while! xD

You brought up an interesting example! Something to definitely think about.

What I had in mind was creating a more so private guild that allows people to join based on their history so as to help prevent people from abusing the system set up. Although after some time of thinking I can see where it can still fall apart as there could be those who would attempt to join with mule accounts as well.

The guild itself was also to be intended for those who wanted to just separate themselves from Gaia's economy. Originally the idea spurred when I'd seen people on both the buying and selling end expressing their disdain towards the state of the economy we're dealing with now. Although what I've come to realize on that spectrum as well is that no matter how much a person dislikes what this site has become, keeping up in order to obtain what a person wants will almost always trump the dislike towards the way things have become.

In theory, I believed that this idea could help benefit those sick of the current state of the site, however I do understand your viewpoints!

Maybe with some dedication, heavy monitoring, and inclusion of people who don't care about the inevitable loss of profit, the guild could become pretty successful? Although I'm not 100% sure even that can ensure success.
Traxxart
So, pretty much you want a low gold market run exclusively within this planned guild, correct?

You still need to find a way to draw in gold for the members.

How about all items can me sold amongst members for low pricing,

where as any unwanted items can then be placed on the actual market along side inflated prices?

And the gold from that can then be deposited into the guild bank to be divided among the members?

Interesting point you brought up! I'm not quite sure how selling unwanted items for inflated prices will fair, however, seeing as how normally unwanted items probably wont sell well given the fact that they're not too popular. However I was considering that one way could be to sell art and use the funds gained from that!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff