Welcome to Gaia! ::

Time-traveling Senshi

Good people of the Crew Lounge I've been wondering something here after recent discussions with people in guilds I'm in and the one I run. Just how transparent is a guild crew supposed to be with the members of the guild? Would telling everyone in the guild every little problem and issue that someone brings up to a Captain or the Vice Captain about other members within the guild be going too far? Where should a Captain and their crew draw the line at what they tell the members of their guild without causing huge problems between the members of the guild? Also, how do you tell members who feel there shouldn't be anything kept from the general membership of a guild that some things have to and should be kept private for the crew only as to not be the reason for anything that could possibly be against the ToS because of that information?

I'm asking for opinions and advice because as a guild owner I've never encountered this type of concern before as it was understood why a crew forum had to exist by the members of the guild.

Dapper Darling

14,150 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
I don't get what you mean by the last part of that...
But on the other hand I think a lot of matters should be handled by the Crew alone because that's kind of the point of having a crew/mod. If it is something like an argument between members or something that's going to effect a lot of people, then I'd say bring it up to a Captain. We have weekly meetings so that we can discuss any topics that have been brought up, and a suggestion thread?
Open for further discussion, I'm just really tired and can't keep my thoughts in line. cool

Time-traveling Senshi

Chrome Prince
But on the other hand I think a lot of matters should be handled by the Crew alone because that's kind of the point of having a crew/mod. If it is something like an argument between members or something that's going to effect a lot of people, then I'd say bring it up to a Captain. We have weekly meetings so that we can discuss any topics that have been brought up, and a suggestion thread?
Open for further discussion, I'm just really tired and can't keep my thoughts in line. cool

Oh with the last part, I tried to tell someone in one guild that a crew forum exists for reason and they were all convinced that it was some secret society full of people on a power trip all because they weren't let in on some planning for a guild event that the crew put on for Halloween. In guilds I've run and crewed in we had no problem having people understand the guild forum was there for a reason. This particular guild has an entire suggestion forum that is getting very little traffic. We tried from day one to have things as open as possible between the members and the crew but something wasn't working right that we still aren't aware of. We just know something needs fixing and that one person thinking the crew has to let everyone be completely in on everything is really not helping things out much.

We've been trying to have meetings but everyone's schedules are so full of stuff that we can't seem to find a regular day to hold one. On top of that if there's things that do need changing with the guild but we haven't been told what. This really is the first time I've ever dealt with stuff like this.

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200
Chibi Halo
Chrome Prince

Oh with the last part, I tried to tell someone in one guild that a crew forum exists for reason and they were all convinced that it was some secret society full of people on a power trip all because they weren't let in on some planning for a guild event that the crew put on for Halloween. In guilds I've run and crewed in we had no problem having people understand the guild forum was there for a reason. This particular guild has an entire suggestion forum that is getting very little traffic. We tried from day one to have things as open as possible between the members and the crew but something wasn't working right that we still aren't aware of. We just know something needs fixing and that one person thinking the crew has to let everyone be completely in on everything is really not helping things out much.

We've been trying to have meetings but everyone's schedules are so full of stuff that we can't seem to find a regular day to hold one. On top of that if there's things that do need changing with the guild but we haven't been told what. This really is the first time I've ever dealt with stuff like this.

User Image

User Image
When it comes to a member wanting to know what's going on in the "Crew Only" subforums, I wouldn't sweat too much about it. Honestly, it's there for the crew, not the members, for a reason. That's where things are planned and discussed. If only one member is giving you trouble about it, I would highly recommend speaking to them about it. Also make sure they understand that you're not the only guild who has a "crew only" subforum. In fact, almost every single guild has one. It should not be a shock to the member that yours has one too lol.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces