Welcome to Gaia! ::

Otherworldly Beast

19,640 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Scary Sampling 50
I've owned a guild for quite a while now, but have actually just cracked down on actually building it up. It's going to be a mostly RP based guild, taking place in a world and story I've created. I know my story is good and everything, but the guild itself is what worries me. I guess I have 3 questions
1) what makes a good guild?
2)what makes a good RP?
3)how do I keep people interested in both?

gum disease's Husbando

Dangerous Glitch

I run some guilds and some RPs so maybe my two-cents would be meaningful:

1) Good is a relative term, but for me, the selling point of a guild is its content and people. If the guild has worthwhile material for me to sift through for hours on end then it means that it was a meaningful experience, which is always a plus. tTe people in the guild would get me engaged and keep me coming back. Having an active guild leader helps with that.

2) Again, content and people. A good RP gives you something to think about when you walk away (like out-of-character plotting) and it's a place where you can cooperate effectively with your group. RPs are a team effort after all.

3) Be interested in the guild/RP yourself and others will pick up on your enthusiasm.

I wish you good luck with your RPing guild. Like the guild creation page says, running a guild, and even a single RP, is a big responsibility, but with some enthusiasm and determination you can make something great out of it.
smile
On my computer it always tells me to wright ur answer so I need help noting what that means cuz I can't reply if I don't.answer it
Teamwork, Community, Content and Organization are key factors in setting up a guild. ^^
Unless you are good as a one-man DIY sort; then I'd add leadership to keep projects going in general, for guilds.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff