Welcome to Gaia! ::

General

This is a scavenger hunt that would be participating over multiple public guilds in hope of spreading the news of each other’s guilds and getting more members. The guilds who are participating, or host guilds, have to be public or for the duration for the scavenger hunt.

How will this work?
We’d have an official guild, like a ‘start line’ and the participants, ‘hunters’, would have to go from guild to guild, till they get to the ‘finish line’. But they must post in each place in order to prevent cheating. When the get to their next spot they’d either get a clue/riddle right away that would lead them to the next guild or member run thread, or they’d have a activity they’d have to complete before getting the link to the next spot.

Here is an example of what I am thinking: Let’s say the ‘start line’ is Guild 1. When the hunt starts they’d be a clue to the next guild, Guild 2. At Guild 2 the hunters will get a clue/riddle that would help them figure out where to go next, Guild 3. So on and so forth, except we’d toss in a few activities they’d have to complete before getting the link to the next guild.

To help avoid cheating, in each guild there’s be a thread were the hunters can sign their name as proof they are completing the hunt in the right order. And of course at the ‘finish line’ there’d be a prize!! Prizes will be given out for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places.

How would we prevent someone just skipping to the end and taking all the prizes?
People have to post when they get to the next stage in a form provided by the host guild.

What will be the prize?

There would be a buy in price to contribute to the badges and the prizes. Host Guilds and Hunters would have to pay this fee. Also people could sponsor or donate gold or items that we could also use.

How would we persuade guilds to participate?

We’d let the guild have as many members participating as representatives of that guild. Captains will hopefully make an announcement asking for hunters, sponsors, or volunteers of any kind.

How could this up your Guild’s memberships?

People from other guilds will at some point be visiting you. As people hunt around they will notice other guilds hopefully they'd like you or another guild and ask to join. Participation may cause people wanting to join your guild. Then you'd gain members. Also some people may be spectators and might go around and see your guild.

Badges

The Guild Badges.
Badges will be awarded to host guilds before the hunt like, “Most members” or “Most post count.” Also throughout the hunt there would be badges handed out to the host guilds like, “Most gracious guild” or “Best team sprit award”.

Participant Badges.
Hunters will also be given badges throughout the hunt like the guilds. The first hunter to reach the next host guild will be given a badge. All badges will be totaled up at the end and can be cashed in for gold.

Criteria For Participants and Volunteers

“Going Public” Criteria for host guilds.
The guilds who want to participate, or host guilds, have to be public so people are about to have accesses to the forums and be able to post if they are hunters. If guild owners are worried about spam, warn your mods to be extra vigilant, and delete any unwanted spam.

We’d also like that during the scavenger hunt you’d have an announcement posted on the main forum. Inside it would have something basic stating that this is an official host guild of the scavenger hunt. In this announcement you’ll also post your clue/riddle/activity so the hunters know what they are looking for next. Also, it will also be the place where the hunters would sign their name saying that they had been here and received their next clue.

An important task we will ask host guilds is to send out newsletters and announcements announcing their participation to the hunt and ask for anyone who’s willing to participate under any of the following categories.

“The Nucleus” Criteria for the ‘start line’ guild.

This is going to be the most important guild to extra responsibility and only one guild can hold this title. This is the guild where people who are following along can check in and see where everyone is. The Nucleus would have to post who all the hunters are and who is currently hold 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places. They’d have to make sure they keep it updated.

Also this guild will also post an official list of the participants who crossed the start line, a sponsor list, a Picasso list, and a volunteer list. Another thread would be started in the Nucleus guild displaying all the badges being held by each host guild and hunter. Also there would be a ‘Representing List’ will also needs to posted. The Representing list will show who is being represented by each guild, example: Hunter_123 is representing Guild_45.

“The Hunters” Criteria for gaians wanting to participate.
We would like to have all the Hunters be kind and gracious to their fellow hunters. We do not tolerate cheating for any kind so hunters must be honest. If you are caught doing anything unacceptable you will be disqualified from the hunt and would be put on the black list. Then we’d leave you for your guild captain to speak to you.

“The Sponsors” For people who don’t want to be a ‘Hunter’ or refuse to ‘Go Public’
Like the title supports, this is a spot where people who aren’t willing to participate in the hunt as a ‘Hunter’ or change their private guild to public. Sponsors can either donate large or small sums of money that we’d use as prizes at the end. Or sponsors can pay for a guild’s participation fee or a hunter’s participation fee (Fees are to be decided). If desired, sponsors can donate items that we’d either sell or use as a prize.

“The Picassos” Criteria for artists.

Badges are going to needed to be designed. Host guilds probably want new make-overs for the surplus of visitors. That is why we need a team of artists who are willing to volunteer their time to design badges. We’re asking these Picassos to donate their time for the badges and aren’t required to make art or layout designs for free for the guilds. If the guilds are looking for said stuff, we’d refer them to the team of artists. It is up to the artist if they are going to charge for any lay out designs or art.

“Public Service” Criteria for all volunteers.

Calling all volunteers! This is a job for people who are willing to volunteer and help organize and on this event. Any volunteers are appreciated.

700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
Alright then :3
As Vp of my Guild....Im asked to recruit new members.
Basically what the guild is about is having a say in matters,getting advice for troubling issues,and just being able to express yourself....

We host gold give aways,contests,and we will be having upcoming rps.
If you think this is the guild for you please join...I really need active members

Join Feel-Good Paradise where all you needs will be met
Oh yeah~! 3nodding
You heard me correctly all needs wink
We'll even cure your herpes biggrin

JOIN TODAY~!
FEEL-GOOD PARADISE!

Fluffy Wolf

14,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Edward 100
Wow, that is a neat idea! I love scavenger hunts, I'd definitely participate if it became a reality. I also feel that guild-to-guild interaction is important because there's definitely a challenge to keeping them active. So stirring up the atmosphere, making bonds between guild owners would definitely be a plus in my book. Even just creating a type of "guild network" where guilds who participate in an event like this can contact each other regularly if they feel that they can make another event like this happen again. (if we were really ambitious, we could make a guild in the gaia guild registry just for something like that, and hope that other guild owners see it and want to participate)

Don't mind me here, it's a long post, but I want to get my ideas down before I lose them. I also jump around in thoughts so it mught be helpful to look at the definitions along the way while you're reading this.

For a rule, I'd definitely feel that making the guild public, at least for the whole time of the contest, would have to be put in place. If owners are worried about spam, they can either tell their mods to be extra vigilant for the time the contest is being put in place. I doubt this would happen, but if things get reeaally out of hand, then we'd have to get real moderators to get involved.

Another rule would have to be an announcement on the main forum of the guild that more or less looks like the one of all the other guilds participating, but with their own tweaks. So certain information has to look the same for each guild so there is no confusion, and some that are customizable, like keeping track of things, which place they're in, who's participating, all decided beforehand. And also, a spot on the front page to first of all announce that this is taking place and then to link to the host guild for all the standings and whatnot, and then maybe a little spot counting the badges earned in total, like a guild total badge count, and highest member badge count. This announcement can be planned out in advance and tested out in the testing subforum, linked from here I guess and let all the participating guild owners put their feedback on it. Once everyone decides if it is good enough to post, everyone has to post it where they were meant to.

For the tasks, I think we could apply a "badge" system so it would be apparent that members have in actuality completed the tasks. These badges would be kept in a post by the owner of the host guild (I guess that would be you), and once the participants have completed the tasks, a badge (from an already made up set) would be put under their name, which would be categorized by what guild they are in. This could be helpful for all the participants, and maybe a little fun like an incentive. Anyone could refer back to this list if they were unsure if they had not completed a step.

How it would be implemented...for that I guess once the task was finished, would alert the guild member hosting the specific task, and the hosting guild (again, assuming it to be you).

So...I guess what would be important here is to define some terms, just so we won't have to be confused each time. Here's some I've came up with.

Host Guild: would be the one organising and implementing it all. Well of course whoever participating should help plan and organise, but this guy gets the final say. This Guild also has the authority to say that a task was really completed, so each participant has to report here.

Participating Guilds: would be responsible for trying to recruit members to participate in the event, so like through newsletters and announcements. If any members have crossed any line or broken any rules, the guild this person belongs to or represents will be in charge of deling with the situation. They also are in charge of hosting the task they are responsible.

Task: Well I guess this is obvious.

Representing: Since some members might be a part of a few guilds, (you never know) I think it would be important to have a statement somewhere maybe the contest announcement saying who the guild is representing and is responsible for. So a list in the announcement would sound something like "Members who are representing us for this contest". Also helps to keep track of their progress.

Badge: This is definitely tentative and maybe a farfetched idea, but I was picturing having only the host guild having the official badge thread to prevent cheating. Any badge that is posted can only be made in the host owner's post. A link would have to be put in the participating guild's announcement to easily track everyone's progress. A set of badges, for every task would have to be made. If this task is too daunting for one artist alone, then participating guils can pitch in to hire one from the shops subforum to do some. They don't have to be complicated, but the whole set would have to be done before the contest. And maybe some can be an award at the end like "team spirit award" or something.

I guess that's it for now. Don't mind me though, I like over planning for things so everything runs smoothly. I try to include everything as well. I really hope this becomes a reality!

Here's my (modestly sized) guild. I had another, and bigger one, but I messed up with that, changed the focus, and started fresh.
User Image

PS: Maybe we can get volunteers to help moderate the event, so if anyone complains, they can contact this person to try and solve issues.They can be go-to persons for questions and make sure people are behaving correctly in all of the guilds. I wouldn't mind doing this, since I'm so wordy and try to look at each person's point of view.
Sounds awesome. Count my guild in. The link is in my signature.
daydreamer_girl
Even just creating a type of "guild network" where guilds who participate in an event like this can contact each other regularly if they feel that they can make another event like this happen again. (if we were really ambitious, we could make a guild in the gaia guild registry just for something like that, and hope that other guild owners see it and want to participate)

This is an awesome idea! I'd be willing to donate some gold to this cause.

daydreamer_girl

....... I doubt this would happen, but if things get reeaally out of hand, then we'd have to get real moderators to get involved.

I am voulenteering in advance to be a moderator if we create a guild for this.

daydreamer_girl

For the tasks, I think we could apply a "badge" system so it would be apparent that members have in actuality completed the tasks. These badges would be kept in a post by the owner of the host guild (I guess that would be you), and once the participants have completed the tasks, a badge (from an already made up set) would be put under their name, which would be categorized by what guild they are in. This could be helpful for all the participants, and maybe a little fun like an incentive. Anyone could refer back to this list if they were unsure if they had not completed a step.

heart

daydreamer_girl

PS: Maybe we can get volunteers to help moderate the event, so if anyone complains, they can contact this person to try and solve issues.They can be go-to persons for questions and make sure people are behaving correctly in all of the guilds. I wouldn't mind doing this, since I'm so wordy and try to look at each person's point of view.

Again, volunteering if you need help with this.

You have lots of really cool ideas! I'm exited.
Bump! heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces