Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Cultist

13,600 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
List yours here, and reasons why. For me, it has to be Sherlock Holmes 2 and Real Steel. Seriously, both these movies were amazing, and real steel only got one nominee (didn't win, was beaten by freaking Hugo)

Anyone else thinking these years Oscars sort of suck?

Trash Model

16,325 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Black Friday Ruler 25
Winnie the Pooh. That movie just got COMPLETEY overlooked both by audiences (I blame the fact it opened the same day a Deathly Hallow Pt.2) and the academy....why didn't get a nomination for best animated picture? Other than it and Tintin (which also didn't get a nomination) there were no good animated films and most were lame sequels or spinoffs.

Honestly Winnie the Pooh was probably my second favorite movie I saw this year (Muppets taking first). It was adorable, well written for a children's film, witty, and gorgeously animated. And the music was even wonderful.

Fashionable Cultist

13,600 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Ceaen

I was surprised Tintin wasn't a nominee. If anything, I would have liked to see Kung Fu Panda 2 win... for a sequel it was really good.

Yea, winnie the pooh was completely outcasted by the other movies.

Trash Model

16,325 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Black Friday Ruler 25
savipersssss

People probably thought it was a straight up kids' flick, which it wasn't. When I saw it there were quite a few adults and older teens in the audience and EVERYONE laughed, gasped, awwed, and reacted to the film together. When you can get the entire audience with all age groups to react to a film like that you know it's doing something right. Honestly the only thing wrong with it was how short it was.

Fashionable Cultist

13,600 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Ceaen
savipersssss

People probably thought it was a straight up kids' flick, which it wasn't. When I saw it there were quite a few adults and older teens in the audience and EVERYONE laughed, gasped, awwed, and reacted to the film together. When you can get the entire audience with all age groups to react to a film like that you know it's doing something right. Honestly the only thing wrong with it was how short it was.

I never saw it myself, sweatdrop but I always loved winnie the pooh as a kid, so I will probably like it.

Trash Model

16,325 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Black Friday Ruler 25
savipersssss
Ceaen
savipersssss

I never saw it myself, sweatdrop but I always loved winnie the pooh as a kid, so I will probably like it.

Give it a rent. If you loved Pooh as a kid, you're sure to love the new one. They managed to just capture the essence of the original while creating complete new material. Though some of the voices might take a little getting used to since the original voice actors had to be replaced (though some of the voices from the 90's direct-to-video and other Pooh films were still present) . Tom Kenny (the voice of Spongebob/the Ice King/a billion other cartoon characters) as Rabbit through me off for a bit, but I wound up loving his performance. And Craig Ferguson did a wonderful job as Owl.
savipersssss
List yours here, and reasons why. For me, it has to be Sherlock Holmes 2 and Real Steel. Seriously, both these movies were amazing, and real steel only got one nominee (didn't win, was beaten by freaking Hugo)

Anyone else thinking these years Oscars sort of suck?

I totally agree!

Dapper Dabbler

6,775 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Yep, this year's Oscars just shows that the Academy Awards are biased by a bunch of crotetchy old, biased morons that wouldn't know an award worthy film if someone beat them with it.

Which I'm thinking of doing.

Obsessive Lover

12,600 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I didn't see much of anything last year. Harry Potter was nominated for like, two or three awards, and won none. -.-

The only movie I even enjoyed seeing win was Rango.

Also, say what you will about the plot, acting, etc, but Sucker Punch had some pretty badass visuals that could have at least gotten nominated.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff