Welcome to Gaia! ::

As of late, I have completely lost faith in the United States and their ability to make quality films. 99.9% of US films are mindless bullshit movies with no real artistic value. Then, when all hope seemed lost for a country a film like The Tree of Life comes along and completely redeems a nation.

So, how many of you have seen this movie so far?

I saw it last night and was completely entranced by it. The music, the light, the life, the love, everything was perfect!

(Except for the dinosaur stuff, that could have been edited out)

It's a film Andrei Tarkovsky would have been proud to have seen.

So, tell me, have you seen it?

What are your thoughts?

Are you confused, maybe I can help. biggrin
I guess I should also add that this is not a movie for people who bore easily or have short attention spans. razz
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Loved it! The dinosaur stuff and all the other artsy stuff could've been toned down a bit, but all in all, I loved it!

"You know nothing, Jon Snow.."
Girl With The Windex Eyes

Loved it! The dinosaur stuff and all the other artsy stuff could've been toned down a bit, but all in all, I loved it!

Quote:
the other artsy stuff could've been toned down a bit

DIAF evil

7,600 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
I do want to check this out. I am not like the general audience, who enjoys romantic comedies and other movies which require little to no thought or focus x_X;;

Profitable Prophet

My interpretation of the movie's message was that life is a series of fragmented moments. Each of these moments are experienced, remembered, and forgotten but they are not necessarily linear.The movie doesn't have an "A to Z" plot. Because life goes on, in one form or another, even after one person's death, in the world.

The acting was incredible. Brad Pitt, Jessica Chastain and the kids were great.

It's the kind of movie you can watch many times and you can find a different and new observation each time.
anna bandana
My interpretation of the movie's message was that life is a series of fragmented moments. Each of these moments are experienced, remembered, and forgotten but they are not necessarily linear.The movie doesn't have an "A to Z" plot. Because life goes on, in one form or another, even after one person's death, in the world.

The acting was incredible. Brad Pitt, Jessica Chastain and the kids were great.

It's the kind of movie you can watch many times and you can find a different and new observation each time.

If you like films like that watch The Mirror (Zerkalo) and Tale of Tales. smile
Andrei Bolkonsky
Girl With The Windex Eyes

Quote:
the other artsy stuff could've been toned down a bit

DIAF evil

I don't mind artsy movies.. just when they did the nature stuff.. they did it too much.. like it was too long.. I got what they were getting at.. but it was a little too much.

Versatile Member

7,375 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Andrei Bolkonsky
As of late, I have completely lost faith in the United States and their ability to make quality films. 99.9% of US films are mindless bullshit movies with no real artistic value

Hey guess what, you xenophobic douche?

99% of everything is terrible, no matter where you are!
Metronome
Andrei Bolkonsky
As of late, I have completely lost faith in the United States and their ability to make quality films. 99.9% of US films are mindless bullshit movies with no real artistic value

Hey guess what, you xenophobic douche?

99% of everything is terrible, no matter where you are!

I can't really be considered xenophobic if I'm here praising a foreign film and using a foreign language, on a foreign site.

It's just a statement of opinion that most of what the United States makes is garbage. And the evidence speaks for itself.

Don't like it, well go to hell.
this is so interesting
I think it was a great movie but when you watch the trailer you get the impression that Brad Pitt and his family made up the entire movie. And yet a third of the movie is symbolic artsy shots of the creation and the destruction of the planet Earth.

Liberal Humorist

8,875 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50
It was a great movie.
The part when everyone was on the beach made me cry.
The Tree of Life was the only movie I purchased in 2011.
Easily my favorite movie out of all the movies at the Academy Awards, but I guess I didn't see Hugo, so I'm a little biased.
I really think that movie is an amazing work of art, not only in cinematography, and special effects but also in the order of which everything occurs, like memories and the acting was amazing.

I think it was made to be so slow paced and ambient at the beginning of it so that parents who lost their kids could fall asleep to the movie, when their memories are haunting them. I honestly think that's what I'd use that movie for if I was in that situation, so the movie is so much more than just a work of art, it's also a movie that is meant to help people and is meant to teach people.

And Brad Pitt needs a ******** Academy Award! He hasn't won one yet, what the hell.
scream

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces