Welcome to Gaia! ::

Enduring Regular

Teagen Sirrus
Here's my input, coming from someone who read the books first, then watched the movies:

I truly expected the American version to be completely wrong and I was pleasantly surprised at how it was full of things I had forgotten in the book. I found myself going "oh ya! I forgot about that" quite often.

Now I did love how the characters in the Swedish version looked rugged. The Americans of course looked way too "Hollywood."

Now the Swedish version did get the story-line across without lots of extras, but when it comes to books to movies sometimes the devil is in the details. So the American wins that.

Swedish wins for Lisbeth's tattoo though. In my opinion the American tattoo was just way too small!
I will say I REALLY liked the tattoo that was in the Swedish version as well in comparison to the American one, even if the American may have made more sense. Actor wise, I preferred most of the American cast to be honest, though I REALLY disliked Daniel Craig as Mikael.

Sirrus_Myst's Widow

Liberal Goat

45,150 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Clambake 200
Eltiana
I will say I REALLY liked the tattoo that was in the Swedish version as well in comparison to the American one, even if the American may have made more sense. Actor wise, I preferred most of the American cast to be honest, though I REALLY disliked Daniel Craig as Mikael.
I guess I just imagined something large.

The American cast was good, but I liked the rugged, aged, and common. I liked that.
anna bandana

Also Blomkvist and Lisbeth had more of a relationship in the American version. Michael Nyqvist and Noomi Rapace had no chemistry.

exclaim Really? I thought they had great chemistry

Profitable Prophet

Gemini second house
anna bandana

Also Blomkvist and Lisbeth had more of a relationship in the American version. Michael Nyqvist and Noomi Rapace had no chemistry.

My friend, who hadn't read the books, saw the Swedish movie and wondered why Lisbeth even wanted to sleep with Mikael.
I don't think Rapace and Nyqist captured the essence of the relationship as well as Mara and Craig did.
anna bandana
Gemini second house
anna bandana

My friend, who hadn't read the books, saw the Swedish movie and wondered why Lisbeth even wanted to sleep with Mikael.
I don't think Rapace and Nyqist captured the essence of the relationship as well as Mara and Craig did.

Maybe I'll have to see the American version after all.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff