Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Seeker

5,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
So, last night, as all of us know, was the 84th Academy Awards (more well-known as the Oscars) and I wanted to make a thread about it. Now, I didn't really watch the whole thing, because it would end way too late where I live, so I stopped watching after the "Man or Muppet" song won the Original Song prize.
What I'd like you to do, is to comment on whatever you want to (movies, dresses, or maybe even the [stupid in my opinion] jokes they did on stage).

Eloquent Conventioneer

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
The Emma Stone "this is the first time I've ever presented an award" bit... completely unnatural and awkward. It just made her look like a fool rather than be grateful for the opportunity.

Then the way they would cut out the microphone if a speech went on too long. Some of these people got maybe a minute, at the most. For those who it's their first (and sometimes last) award... I would hope all nominees are given a guideline (like, keep your speech(es) to 2 minutes). Instead, the Academy just came off as rude when they cut the microphone halfway on certain people.
I didn't watch....I watched the BasketBall Allstar game. Also alot of glitter and not much else. But the slam dunk competition was fun to watch!

Liberal Genius

10,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I actually really love Emma Stone and her awkwardness and the lil dance she did to Jonah "Let's Dance.....(jiggle) Let's Dance......(continues jiggling)"
mrgreen

Profitable Prophet

I thought Emma Stone's presenter banter was hilarious. She committed to that bit. Anyone else would have come off as ridiculous but she was charming and funny.

Meryl is a queen but I was really hoping and expecting Viola to win :[

Colin Firth
"Meryl. Mama mia. We were in Greece. We danced. I was gay."

rofl

Greedy Seeker

5,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
DocDe
I didn't watch....I watched the BasketBall Allstar game. Also alot of glitter and not much else. But the slam dunk competition was fun to watch!

I also watched quite a bit of the Allstar game, it was great. Though, as it happened with Oscars, I didn't really have the chance of watching the game till the end because of my time zone.

Ghostly Hunter

I was really hoping Woman In Black would be nominated but I've noticed they don't do a lot of horror movies and it may have come out too late. But still, I was a little disappointed...

Invisible Seeker

19,275 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
YoukaiTori
The Emma Stone "this is the first time I've ever presented an award" bit... completely unnatural and awkward. It just made her look like a fool rather than be grateful for the opportunity.

Then the way they would cut out the microphone if a speech went on too long. Some of these people got maybe a minute, at the most. For those who it's their first (and sometimes last) award... I would hope all nominees are given a guideline (like, keep your speech(es) to 2 minutes). Instead, the Academy just came off as rude when they cut the microphone halfway on certain people.
I loved Emma Stone's whole bit I thought it was hilarious. It did not in my eyes make her look foolish. She is great at comedy. Did you see her in House Bunny?

Greedy Seeker

5,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Hanyuu Furude101
I was really hoping Woman In Black would be nominated but I've noticed they don't do a lot of horror movies and it may have come out too late. But still, I was a little disappointed...

As you've said, there aren't many horror movies nominated for the Academy Awards, so I wasn't even disappointed at it. Though if you're looking for a good horror movie awards, you should check out what is called the "Scream Awards".

Ghostly Hunter

James Pixar
Hanyuu Furude101

As you've said, there aren't many horror movies nominated for the Academy Awards, so I wasn't even disappointed at it. Though if you're looking for a good horror movie awards, you should check out what is called the "Scream Awards".

Really? I've never heard of that, when is it?

Greedy Seeker

5,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Hanyuu Furude101
James Pixar
Hanyuu Furude101

So, it's sort of a recently created award, 2011 was the sixth time they did it. I'm not certain of the date, but in this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Scream_Awards it says that it was taped in October 15 last year. I'm kind of excited for it, but not sure of the date. Hope it helped a bit.

Ghostly Hunter

James Pixar
Hanyuu Furude101
James Pixar
Hanyuu Furude101

So, it's sort of a recently created award, 2011 was the sixth time they did it. I'm not certain of the date, but in this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Scream_Awards it says that it was taped in October 15 last year. I'm kind of excited for it, but not sure of the date. Hope it helped a bit.

It does help, thanks! ^.^

Friendly Entrepreneur

6,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I actually didn't bother to watch the Academy Awards. I only saw the very end for a few minutes when Meryl Streep won best actress.
anna bandana
I thought Emma Stone's presenter banter was hilarious. She committed to that bit. Anyone else would have come off as ridiculous but she was charming and funny.

Colin Firth

rofl

He is so ridiculously charming

Profitable Prophet

Gemini second house
anna bandana

Colin Firth

rofl

He is so ridiculously charming

I've met him. He's more charming and lovely in person.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff