Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

6,775 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

What

The

F***

Enduring Elocutionist

Actually, I'm fine with Hugo getting nominated over TF3. It had some actually substantial storytelling.

It's the diss to Harry Potter that I'm most miffed about.

Dapper Dabbler

6,775 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
I don't really care for Transformers myself, but it was the best image I could find for the situation.

Really, this year's Oscar's awards were a full-round slap in the face to a rather large portion of a generation that grew up with Harry Potter, and it just proves that the Academy Awards are run by a batch of cranky, biased old loons.

Enduring Elocutionist

A batch of cranky, biased, artsy-fartsy, independent film-loving ol' loons that will hopefully kick the bucket before they have the chance to give away Arrietty's Ocsar next year to some slapped-together CGI crap.

Alan Rickman should be very disappoint with this...yet I haven't heard anything about his opinion on not being nominated. Goes to show that he handles things like a boss. emotion_dealwithit

Dapper Genius

6,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Junior Trader 100
I've heard a lot of positive reviews and opinions about Hugo. Probably more than Harry Potter's last movie. While I did watch the last HP, I haven't watched Hugo fully, so I can't form an opinion about it.

The thing I noticed about Hugo by watching just a single scene is that its story telling is excellent. The manner it's filmed and the way the scene progresses is top notch. If the entire movie was that way, then I think it deserved the award.

Thieving Pirate

22,050 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
The reason Transformers didn't win this year is most likely due to Michael Bay using the same footage from his film the Island. The critics probably did not want to be associated with that sort of thing.

As for Harry Potter? If I had to guess, it's probably just because Harry Potter is well mainstream and to be quite frank, they were not pulling their weight this time around. But that's just a personal opinion.

Sparkly Fatcat

i completely agree!

oh good god... i was so annoyed.
i personally did not like hugo at all. i was bored the whole time, and not at all impressed.
generally speaking, i love martin scorsese, but not this time around.

i was also disappointed with the best make-up or whatever that award is called. the iron lady was absolutely fabulous, don't get me wrong. and, the make-up artist literally took meryl streep and turned her into margaret thatcher young and old perfectly. but, that was merely ONE PERSON.

harry potter should have won that award hands down. so much precision, detail, time, and work went into all of those characters so flawlessly. ugh... it's so irritating that harry potter always gets over looked.

Friendly Survivor

9,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
I know it is silly but I cried when Harry Potter didn't win a single Oscar tonight. Then I got mad when they didn't even give the dam Oscar to Gary Oldman!

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
nikomas
A batch of cranky, biased, artsy-fartsy, independent film-loving ol' loons that will hopefully kick the bucket before they have the chance to give away Arrietty's Ocsar next year to some slapped-together CGI crap.

Alan Rickman should be very disappoint with this...yet I haven't heard anything about his opinion on not being nominated. Goes to show that he handles things like a boss. emotion_dealwithit

Oh god...Alan Rickman...another actor I highly respect and love not getting any love. crying

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
nikomas

Brave is slapped-together CGI crap? Because that is what is most likely to beat Arrietty next year. In years with both a Pixar movie, and a Miyazaki, it will probably be Pixar.

Enduring Elocutionist

Lunarflowermaiden
nikomas

Brave is slapped-together CGI crap? Because that is what is most likely to beat Arrietty next year. In years with both a Pixar movie, and a Miyazaki, it will probably be Pixar.

Woah. Woah. Chillax for a second, 'kay?

In truth, I had forgotten about Brave when I'd posted that, which I'm actually really excited about seeing. Same with the Lorax, as it was one of my favorite Dr. Seuss books. All of us have our little brainfarts every now and then. No need to get your knickers twisted.
ACADEMY, Y U NO GIVE HARRY POTTER AN AWARD???? evil mad eek crying

Dapper Dabbler

6,775 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Harry Potter likely lost because:

A) It was a British film.

B) It had no A-list name drops.

C) It was written by a woman.

D) It was based on books that aren't "classics" yet.

Beloved Bloodsucker

20,225 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I feel Breaking Down should have been nominated for special effects...especially with wolves looking so realistic

Beloved Bloodsucker

20,225 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Seeking Librium
Harry Potter likely lost because:

A) It was a British film.

B) It had no A-list name drops.

C) It was written by a woman.

D) It was based on books that aren't "classics" yet.

Harry Potter should have won something emo

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces