• Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Sexy_Angel_Kisses_7
Seeking Librium
Harry Potter likely lost because:

A) It was a British film.

B) It had no A-list name drops.

C) It was written by a woman.

D) It was based on books that aren't "classics" yet.

Harry Potter should have won something emo

Aye, it should have. But it didn't for the above reasons--because as stated before, the judges are biased old men that forget that we outgrew racial and gender segregation decades ago.

Obsessive Player

LeventhanLazuli
I've heard a lot of positive reviews and opinions about Hugo. Probably more than Harry Potter's last movie. While I did watch the last HP, I haven't watched Hugo fully, so I can't form an opinion about it.

The thing I noticed about Hugo by watching just a single scene is that its story telling is excellent. The manner it's filmed and the way the scene progresses is top notch. If the entire movie was that way, then I think it deserved the award.
I agree!

High-functioning Shapeshifter

8,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Brandisher 100
Sexy_Angel_Kisses_7
I feel Breaking Down should have been nominated for special effects...especially with wolves looking so realistic

What....-

Harry Potter should have won makeup over The Iron Lady. Seriously, it's a lot harder to make a person look like a goblin than it is to make a woman look slightly younger or older.

Ferocious Browser

I was pretty angry about this award too; especially because it was a special effects/editing type of award which has nothing to do with the scripting/acting/storytelling abilities of the movie.

The award was for visual pretties and really either HP or Transformers should have won that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff