• Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jack-pot 100
Turtle Dove
pluhsauce
Turtle Dove
pluhsauce
Turtle Dove

In your opinion, do you think this film is worth seeing in theaters?

Having been in the actual stage musical before (I was Fantine in 2010 and Cosette over the summer), I really didn't enjoy the movie as much as everyone else did. Generally, from talking to the theater kids I know, most people that had seen the stage musical did not like the movie.

I thought Hugh Jackman did surprisingly well, though. And it was nice to see Aaron Tveit, though I knew he would do well since he is primarily a Broadway actor.

I haven't seen the production nor have I read the book, although I always wanted to, just never got around to it. I thought that seeing the film may fill the void of my curiosity of the story.

When I played Cosette, my director was crazy about us getting to know everything we could about the characters, so I read the books and did a 6-page character analysis. (Not the best way to spend a summer, but it made me 25154217541907 times better when we finally got to production week)

My biggest gripe about the movie was that they added new songs. I don't care if it made the plot more understandable to the casual viewer; it ruined the fact that every melody in the show is repeated once, except for the intro for Valjean's death. (making that scene more dramatic and emphasizing his isolation)

There. Rant done. wink

Thanks for your input! I'm glad to hear that the film follows the plot of the story. That's one of my biggest gripes when it comes to some movie adaptations of books. I don't mind as much if they added a few songs as I haven't seen the play. Thanks again, I think I will defiantly see it.

and if you want to hear some amazing singers, the entire 25th anniversary concert of Les Miserables is on youtube.

(and I have a total crush on Katie Hall's voice. she looks like a perfect porcelain doll ^^)

Invisible Mage

I loved this movie! Despite its longness, I want to see it again ^^

Magnetic Friend

11,875 Points
  • Married 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
This movie made me cry 2-3 times. I saw the play for the first time in HS. I had a hard time watching it whenever it came on TV. Since it had actors and actresses I really wanted to see, I went and saw it. Especially since I was invited to go with a group of friends. I love it. I keep listening to the soundtrack. It's definitely one of my favorites. I'll buy it when it comes out.

O.G. Phantom

pluhsauce
Turtle Dove

Having been in the actual stage musical before (I was Fantine in 2010 and Cosette over the summer), I really didn't enjoy the movie as much as everyone else did. Generally, from talking to the theater kids I know, most people that had seen the stage musical did not like the movie.

I thought Hugh Jackman did surprisingly well, though. And it was nice to see Aaron Tveit, though I knew he would do well since he is primarily a Broadway actor.

Awesome girl 3nodding One of my dreams is to perform in musicals but what I lack is a singing voice rofl kudos to you. So that means you can sing awesomely eek

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

13,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jack-pot 100
Cafe-kun
pluhsauce
Turtle Dove

Awesome girl 3nodding One of my dreams is to perform in musicals but what I lack is a singing voice rofl kudos to you. So that means you can sing awesomely eek

Yeah I've been doing vocal stuff for a while now. Take lessons! They help a lot more than you think! I used to just do belting, but now I can sing a bunch of soprano arias without a problem. biggrin

O.G. Phantom

pluhsauce
Cafe-kun
pluhsauce
Turtle Dove

Yeah I've been doing vocal stuff for a while now. Take lessons! They help a lot more than you think! I used to just do belting, but now I can sing a bunch of soprano arias without a problem. biggrin

cool! heart Imma take ur advice 4laugh

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

13,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jack-pot 100
Cafe-kun

cool! heart Imma take ur advice 4laugh

make sure it's someone good. (ideally with a degree in vocal performance or music)
I go to a really professional lady once a week for an hour; $45 per session.

Sweet Kitten

A Fine Saph
I loved this movie! Despite its longness, I want to see it again ^^

Oh, yes, as do I. 3nodding

SnowFlowerxo
This movie made me cry 2-3 times. I saw the play for the first time in HS. I had a hard time watching it whenever it came on TV. Since it had actors and actresses I really wanted to see, I went and saw it. Especially since I was invited to go with a group of friends. I love it. I keep listening to the soundtrack. It's definitely one of my favorites. I'll buy it when it comes out.
Yes, absolutely! I feel exactly the same way.

Tipsy Streaker

8,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
Cried like a baby throughout the whole movie, and feel no shame for it. I thought I was pretty desensitized to emotional games/shows/movies/musicals/etc., but this movie gave me a good slap in the face for even thinking that.

Hallowed Prophet

The epilogue made me sob. I'm rather emotional. VuV

I guess it was a big thing seeing them film the Epilogue at the Bastille, at least for me. I was there during a huuuuuuge rally for the current French president Hollande that gathered immediately after he won the election. So seeing that energy translated onto the screen really did it for me.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
pluhsauce
Turtle Dove

Pfft, my whole family loved the movie and we've all seen it onstage like five times (including once a couple of weeks after the film came out).

I don't prefer one over the other, they were both awesome.

(ps i'm totally cosplaying enjolras for an anime con which is silly but i was inspired)

By the way, why are people calling the last scene the "epilogue"?

Sweet Kitten

ChocolateXCheese
Cried like a baby throughout the whole movie, and feel no shame for it. I thought I was pretty desensitized to emotional games/shows/movies/musicals/etc., but this movie gave me a good slap in the face for even thinking that.

Deathflight
The epilogue made me sob. I'm rather emotional. VuV

I guess it was a big thing seeing them film the Epilogue at the Bastille, at least for me. I was there during a huuuuuuge rally for the current French president Hollande that gathered immediately after he won the election. So seeing that energy translated onto the screen really did it for me.

Yes, absolutely!

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
User Image

kitty is helping with the cosplay btw

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
pluhsauce
Turtle Dove
pluhsauce
Turtle Dove

I haven't seen the production nor have I read the book, although I always wanted to, just never got around to it. I thought that seeing the film may fill the void of my curiosity of the story.

When I played Cosette, my director was crazy about us getting to know everything we could about the characters, so I read the books and did a 6-page character analysis. (Not the best way to spend a summer, but it made me 25154217541907 times better when we finally got to production week)

My biggest gripe about the movie was that they added new songs. I don't care if it made the plot more understandable to the casual viewer; it ruined the fact that every melody in the show is repeated once, except for the intro for Valjean's death. (making that scene more dramatic and emphasizing his isolation)

There. Rant done. wink

But the only new song they added was Suddenly. o_O; All the other songs were from the Broadway production (with bits and pieces cut out >.<)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff