Enduring Carpenter

11,550 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cheercrusher 50
mewfeuille
User Image
User Image

In your opinion, do you think this film is worth seeing in theaters?

Sweet Kitten

Turtle Dove

Absolutely.

O.G. Citizen

11,190 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Turtle Dove
mewfeuille
User Image
User Image

YES

O.G. Citizen

11,190 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
mewfeuille
User Image
User Image

I cried when I saw this movie for the first time, this scene gives me so many feels

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Ugh I was bawling my eyes out, so beautiful!

Militant Citizen

8,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
If there was an award for best Epilogue, there'd be no competition.

Sweet Kitten

Born Backwards
Ugh I was bawling my eyes out, so beautiful!

argella1300
I cried when I saw this movie for the first time, this scene gives me so many feels

fredwise
If there was an award for best Epilogue, there'd be no competition.

Yes, I completely agree ; __ ;

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

13,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jack-pot 100
Turtle Dove

Having been in the actual stage musical before (I was Fantine in 2010 and Cosette over the summer), I really didn't enjoy the movie as much as everyone else did. Generally, from talking to the theater kids I know, most people that had seen the stage musical did not like the movie.

I thought Hugh Jackman did surprisingly well, though. And it was nice to see Aaron Tveit, though I knew he would do well since he is primarily a Broadway actor.

Enduring Carpenter

11,550 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cheercrusher 50
pluhsauce
Turtle Dove

Having been in the actual stage musical before (I was Fantine in 2010 and Cosette over the summer), I really didn't enjoy the movie as much as everyone else did. Generally, from talking to the theater kids I know, most people that had seen the stage musical did not like the movie.

I thought Hugh Jackman did surprisingly well, though. And it was nice to see Aaron Tveit, though I knew he would do well since he is primarily a Broadway actor.

I haven't seen the production nor have I read the book, although I always wanted to, just never got around to it. I thought that seeing the film may fill the void of my curiosity of the story.

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

13,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jack-pot 100
Turtle Dove
pluhsauce
Turtle Dove

I haven't seen the production nor have I read the book, although I always wanted to, just never got around to it. I thought that seeing the film may fill the void of my curiosity of the story.

When I played Cosette, my director was crazy about us getting to know everything we could about the characters, so I read the books and did a 6-page character analysis. (Not the best way to spend a summer, but it made me 25154217541907 times better when we finally got to production week)

My biggest gripe about the movie was that they added new songs. I don't care if it made the plot more understandable to the casual viewer; it ruined the fact that every melody in the show is repeated once, except for the intro for Valjean's death. (making that scene more dramatic and emphasizing his isolation)

There. Rant done. wink

Obsessive Player

It did translate pretty well frim stage play unlike others! But, I agree, new songs were well......

Sweet Kitten

Turtle Dove

Please don't be discouraged from watching the movie.
I'm sure the stage production is amazing, but the film
was wonderful as well. c:

Enduring Carpenter

11,550 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cheercrusher 50
pluhsauce
Turtle Dove
pluhsauce
Turtle Dove

When I played Cosette, my director was crazy about us getting to know everything we could about the characters, so I read the books and did a 6-page character analysis. (Not the best way to spend a summer, but it made me 25154217541907 times better when we finally got to production week)

My biggest gripe about the movie was that they added new songs. I don't care if it made the plot more understandable to the casual viewer; it ruined the fact that every melody in the show is repeated once, except for the intro for Valjean's death. (making that scene more dramatic and emphasizing his isolation)

There. Rant done. wink

Thanks for your input! I'm glad to hear that the film follows the plot of the story. That's one of my biggest gripes when it comes to some movie adaptations of books. I don't mind as much if they added a few songs as I haven't seen the play. Thanks again, I think I will defiantly see it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff