Welcome to Gaia! ::

They were shown in a local theatre in Vancouver, last weekend.

Has anyone else seen them? Which do you remember?

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Trash Model

16,325 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Black Friday Ruler 25
Just saw the clips of all the nominees. The animation in all of them looked beautiful. I now really want to see all of them. Gotta find a way to see them though. (Well, at least I know I'll get to see La Luna when I got to see Brave since it's going to be shown before the film like always with Pixar movies).
Ceaen
Just saw the clips of all the nominees. The animation in all of them looked beautiful. I now really want to see all of them. Gotta find a way to see them though. (Well, at least I know I'll get to see La Luna when I got to see Brave since it's going to be shown before the film like always with Pixar movies).

I think that's the one that going to win, because it's Disney/Pixar.

I really liked Morning Stroll, though. It has good animation, and a variety of styles. And it's incredibly memorable! Zombie break dance!

The Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore might win, too, because of the sentimental nature. It is really sweet, especially as you come to realize a couple things by the end of the short (you have to watch it, and I don't want to give spoilers).

But the chicken one should still win.

Though when I looked at the Oscars website, yesterday, it didn't list all the nominees I saw in the theatre. That was kind of disappointing.
By the way, because I'm on the west coast of Canada, CTV isn't showing it for another half hour. I really hope my coffee shop shows it! I don't have a TV!

Trash Model

16,325 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Black Friday Ruler 25
Babd

Winner spoiler :The Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore:
AH, SPOILER!!!

Oh, well, that's what white type is for, right? wink

Trash Model

16,325 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Black Friday Ruler 25
Babd
AH, SPOILER!!!

Exactly. As long as nobody quotes it.
Ceaen
Babd
AH, SPOILER!!!

Exactly. As long as nobody quotes it.

Good thing I grew a brain on that one...

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I've seen them. I was really happy that "The Fantastic Flying Books" won. :]
Ceaen
Babd

Winner spoiler :The Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore:

YAY! I liked that one.

I'm surprised La Luna didn't win, though: that's where the money is. All things considered, it was cute and I liked the idea, but they could have done more with it.

Flying Books, though I'm sure someone could have come up with something to make it better, has memorable elements, an emotional theme, and a quaint and endearing sentiment. I think they picked a good winner.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff