Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've taken a look at the choices for Animated Movie and frankly I'm not impressed. None of them have that quality about them that makes them real contenders.

Do you think animated movies would ever excel? And do you think we will ever get an animated movie worthy of making the Best film list? (If the Academy fella's will even allow)

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
Lapinporokoira
I've taken a look at the choices for Animated Movie and frankly I'm not impressed. None of them have that quality about them that makes them real contenders.

Do you think animated movies would ever excel? And do you think we will ever get an animated movie worthy of making the Best film list? (If the Academy fella's will even allow)

Well Up was nominated for Best Picture a few years ago.

Yeah, the nominees are not that great. Next year should be good, since there should be a Miyazaki movie, and a Pixar movie going for it.

Witty Humorist

This year they are God awful nominees. But absolutely, an animated film has been nominated before and WON Academy awards many times before. Beauty and the Beast is a prime example, though that was of course awhile back and (maybe it's a stretch mentioning it) it was 2D animation. So it is possible, though I believe that animated films have kind of taken a downturn here recently.

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
Mal Fortuna
This year they are God awful nominees. But absolutely, an animated film has been nominated before and WON Academy awards many times before. Beauty and the Beast is a prime example, though that was of course awhile back and (maybe it's a stretch mentioning it) it was 2D animation. So it is possible, though I believe that animated films have kind of taken a downturn here recently.

Beauty and the Beast didn't win best picture, it won a special oscar (it was before having an animated catagory was a thing). One big oscar, and seven little ones, given to Walt Disney.

Greedy Dabbler

Mal Fortuna
You have a lovely avatar.
heart heart I know this is really impressive.The 84th Academy Awards is really cul.I love it.Anyway be my friend please I wanna have a lot of friends like you guys. heart heart
Lapinporokoira

I love this thread.私は非常にmuch.I、アニメーションやアニメ映画を愛してこのスレッドを愛して

6,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
i am an anime maker making a new film i'm the creater of a lot of anime's i even work with narutos maker

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
What I don't understand is why the hell Tintin wasn't nominated. It was well written, well acted, and by God it was well animated. AND THEY NOMINATE KUNG FU PANDA 2?!?!!

O.G. Citizen

11,190 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Kaiser Khronos
What I don't understand is why the hell Tintin wasn't nominated. It was well written, well acted, and by God it was well animated. AND THEY NOMINATE KUNG FU PANDA 2?!?!!

i actually heard that was a pretty good movie. the villain is what made it the best by far, according to me friends.

Tenacious Hellhound

Kaiser Khronos

s**t just got real.
Kill everyone.

Adorable Phantom

Kaiser Khronos

^^^
This. I actually said this exact thing to my sister earlier.
IT REALLY BURNS ME OUT! But, least it's nominated for best original score.. but I have a feeling it's going to lose out in that category.

Trash Model

16,325 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Black Friday Ruler 25
I want to know Tintin and Winnie the Pooh didn't get nominations :rage:

But it was an INCREDIBLY weak category this year. Though I'm betting the one film I had never heard of was probably actually good, but the non-maintstream films never win even if they are brilliant (like Persepolis and The Secret of Kells which were both incredible and should have won the years they were nominated. Think they were both beaten by Pixar films though.)

Trash Model

16,325 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Black Friday Ruler 25
Kaiser Khronos

The only reason I can think that it was excluded was because it was motion-capture. But it wasthe best freakin' motion capture I've ever seen. Plus it was just a wonderful movie in general (and the first draft was written by Steven Moffat heart )

Naughty Moonwalker

I don't get why any of Myizaki's films never get nominated.
I think Pixar has ruined alot of animation. I miss all the 2D films.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff