Welcome to Gaia! ::

I need to know where my crowd is haha
I do some polymer clay stuff, but such a beginner. Mostly doing Charms, some mini sculptures. Bot mostly charms.
BreathLessX
I do some polymer clay stuff, but such a beginner. Mostly doing Charms, some mini sculptures. Bot mostly charms.

Awesome! That's how I started out as well (: Let me know if you need any help or tips :3
punkinpinkk
BreathLessX

Awesome! That's how I started out as well (: Let me know if you need any help or tips :3

What do you use for glazes? I have the bottom of glossy glaze made by Sculpey, but It wears off very easily.

Magical Girl

Triple thick is meant to be good, some people like to water it down though. You should look into that one
Angeltear1716
Triple thick is meant to be good, some people like to water it down though. You should look into that one

Yess! That's exactly what I was gonna recommend. Got to it before me haha. Sculpey products kinda suck... which is weird cause everyone uses their clay. ?!

Supreme Trash

40,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100
I sculpt a lot :3 I mostly sculpt blanks to make molds of, but I'm working on sculpting little people fur taking avatar/anime/oc comissions in the future.
So far, so good~

Friendly Camper

14,225 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
where do you find molds and such?
ive tried Michaels but they don't have that big of a selection, atleast not at mine.
Empty Rooms
ive tried Michaels but they don't have that big of a selection, atleast not at mine.

I still have trouble finding molds. I've bought a few small martha stewart ones, but that's it. Otherwise Michaels does have a really good mold maker. It's super easy to use as well. That's what I use now, then whenever I find cute little things I just make molds out of them!

Friendly Camper

14,225 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Noble Shade 100
punkinpinkk
Empty Rooms

I still have trouble finding molds. I've bought a few small martha stewart ones, but that's it. Otherwise Michaels does have a really good mold maker. It's super easy to use as well. That's what I use now, then whenever I find cute little things I just make molds out of them!

oh thanks.
ill have to look for that then smile
cold I sculpt out something and make a mold from that?
I can only imagine that it would work but I thought I'd ask.

Original Lunatic

Etsy has a huuuuuge selection of molds from different shops. Amazon has quite a number too, but they're pretty much just the same ones at a higher price.

I use sculpey for a lot of things. Charms, beads, art dolls, masters for mold making... stuff like that.
Empty Rooms
punkinpinkk
Empty Rooms

oh thanks.
ill have to look for that then smile
cold I sculpt out something and make a mold from that?
I can only imagine that it would work but I thought I'd ask.

Yeah! Of course you can (:

It's called Easy Mold silicone putty by Castin' Craft. That's what I use :3

Friendly Camper

14,225 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Noble Shade 100
thanks a bunch!
emotion_yatta
Empty Rooms
thanks a bunch!
emotion_yatta