Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've recently started making jewelry and I was wondering if people thought I could get a good profit on them. A good profit would be around $10 or more, to me.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

and yes, I know the green/pink flower one is off, I never took a new picture, haha. domokun
I don't know if you could get that much of a profit right away. First, you need to get your name out there. Then, once you build up a reputation, you could charge more. Where do you plan on selling them?
Mistress_Pooky
I don't know if you could get that much of a profit right away. First, you need to get your name out there. Then, once you build up a reputation, you could charge more. Where do you plan on selling them?

Well I meant selling them for at least $10, sorry my wording was confusing or wrong or something. =]
Profit for me would have to be at least $10 otherwise I would be making like a dollar profit or less, haha.

I'm planning on selling them on campus, and at my grandparent's church craft places. I'm not gonna seriously start selling them for awhile, though, because I'm waiting on my car so I can go around and find a nice little cafe that will display my work. During the summer I'll be able to see about the craft places at my home, because I know there are a few cafes and delis that will display and sell my jewelry if they like it, and a place that is just for local artists to sell and display their work.
Beautiful, I would pay 5-10$ for one.
I love that moon pendant. With the materials you used, I'm sure they add up to a little more than $10. They look like the Blue Moon Beads (or a brand similar) I've seen in craft stores, and if I remember correctly, a small pack of those or a pendant is anywhere from $2-5 each. Then you have to add in the cost of wire/cord, clasps, and the amount of time it took you. I think you'd be able to sell your work. Good luck! whee
t0xik
I love that moon pendant. With the materials you used, I'm sure they add up to a little more than $10. They look like the Blue Moon Beads (or a brand similar) I've seen in craft stores, and if I remember correctly, a small pack of those or a pendant is anywhere from $2-5 each. Then you have to add in the cost of wire/cord, clasps, and the amount of time it took you. I think you'd be able to sell your work. Good luck! whee
You guessed correctly. I use mostly Blue Moon Beads. =]
thanks!
I would buy one 3nodding

However, I know beads like that can be pricey... is $10 enough to charge for the cost of materials plus your time in making them?
genioos
I would buy one 3nodding

However, I know beads like that can be pricey... is $10 enough to charge for the cost of materials plus your time in making them?
Yeah, pretty much. Especially since I already have a great amount of beads that were bought for me by my mom, haha.

I figure keeping it in the 10-20 range is fine for me, especially at the beginning =]
Those necklaces are really pretty. I especially like the *counts* fifth one down. I don't know what I would pay for them, since I almost never buy jewelry though.
I bet you could sell them for more money if you add a set of earrings since earring findings are pretty cheap (say, with some of the leftover beads). And presentation is also good, so you could get display boxes.
Good luck selling!

Dapper Dabbler

8,200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
they are all very pretty
may i suggest buying beads in bulk or wholesale? seriously go on ebay and get tons of beads and have some necklaces already made so you wont have to rush to make new ones
i also make and sell jewelry
you can sell on ebay if you want to try it
i havent sold anything on ebay yet, but i am getting my merchandise ready first
Those are really cool biggrin And original (Love the last one!)
They are well worth selling :3 I would buy one!
If they are really well made (god quality) You should have no problem selling them ^w^
The moon piece is quite nice, though I'd be inclined to consider $10 on the steep side. If you come down to $8, you'll probably do surprisingly more business.
Asumina
The moon piece is quite nice, though I'd be inclined to consider $10 on the steep side. If you come down to $8, you'll probably do surprisingly more business.

maybe, but I'd also be making an average of $2 profit on each necklace, but for most it'd be less than that...

the price of the necklace would vary depending on how much it cost me, haha.

you're right, I was planning on starting to practice making earrings, and I'm hoping to get a WigJig so I'll be able to make my own, fully.
those are pretty cool! I like the pink/green one and the one with the moon pendant. I think you could probably sell them for $7-10 but not much more than that. I dont really know. I like your stuff though!

Liberal Snowfriend

6,150 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50

1, 5, & 6 are all beautiful, I think $10-20 is a good price range. I definitely think you can sell those for $10 at least... How do you feel about mailing necklaces? lol

// incoherent ]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces