Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm not really good at making sewing patterns, but I haven't been able to find a good pattern for a Pokemon I'd like to sew: Mewtwo.

I know what when you make a pattern, you basically "cut up" the figure into different pieces, but can anyone elaborate on this?

Does anyone have any advice for making a Mewtwo plushie specifically?

Does anyone want to make me a pattern? (this is sort of a joke. I would love you forever if you did make one).

2,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
One great way to make plushie patterns is to wait for a store with patterns to have a sell and go buy a cheap little plushie one. I have one that has a cat, bear, and rabbit in it, and from there you can alter the tails, ears, and once you get good the whole thing, but it's a great base to start with! It's how i made my first anime plushie, i made Ammy from Okami
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I looked at some patterns online, and there are some that look like they would be easy to modify and use.

Thanks smile

Frozen Waffles

31,675 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Demonic_rush
One great way to make plushie patterns is to wait for a store with patterns to have a sell and go buy a cheap little plushie one. I have one that has a cat, bear, and rabbit in it, and from there you can alter the tails, ears, and once you get good the whole thing, but it's a great base to start with! It's how i made my first anime plushie, i made Ammy from Okami

Agreed.
At joann fabrics they often have sales where their patterns are only $2.
Bobrechaun Productions
Demonic_rush

Agreed.

I don't think the (ONLY!) fabric store in town has many pattern sales. But, thier patterns are never really that much anyway.

Frozen Waffles

31,675 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Quetzal_Zotz
Bobrechaun Productions
Demonic_rush

Agreed.

I don't think the (ONLY!) fabric store in town has many pattern sales. But, thier patterns are never really that much anyway.

You could always try looking online.
Go to Simplicity, or butterick, or burda. Any of the pattern companies.
Check online craft stores maybe?
Or you could try deviantart or etsy. Look and see if anyone else made one.

150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
I agree with Demonic. I'm in the middle of making a xenomorph dog plushie (the one from Planet 51) as part of an art trade. I bought a pattern for a, and I kid you not, Raggedy Ann and Pet. It gives me the basic outline that I need. It's as simple as that. Try to get as many reference pictures from as many different angles as you can. It'll make things easier if you're able to see every side of him when it comes to making a three dimensional version.
Use a kangaroo pattern for the body. Skip the pouch and fix the tail (longer, curved more upward, and with a bulb on the end). Add the extra tube on his neck. For his head, I'm afraid you're on your own. Maybe find a cat pattern, borrow the head and modify it?
Free kangaroo pattern:
http://www.sewingpatterns.org.uk/kangaroo-sewing-pattern.htm
lili of the lamplight
Use a kangaroo pattern for the body. Skip the pouch and fix the tail (longer, curved more upward, and with a bulb on the end). Add the extra tube on his neck. For his head, I'm afraid you're on your own. Maybe find a cat pattern, borrow the head and modify it?
Free kangaroo pattern:
http://www.sewingpatterns.org.uk/kangaroo-sewing-pattern.htm

Oh, thank you so much!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out