Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

have you ever encountered a stitch pattern that didnt work out (even if you followed the instructions perfectly?)

yes 0.55555555555556 55.6% [ 30 ]
no 0.44444444444444 44.4% [ 24 ]
Total Votes:[ 54 ]
1 2 >

I had no idea that knitting was so incredably popular! I would like to hear any awesome stitch patterns you guys have come across in your knitting experiences.
i just finished knitting a dark brown one if these bears for my sister...its sooo cute smile

bear pattern
(yeah i love free patterns) lol

Greedy Codger

Come on now Jasmine!!! You know I don't knit!!!
I'm still relativly new to kniting, so I haven't tried anything fancy. I did find some cool patterns for lacy shawls in Vouge Kniting, though.
i love the patterns for lacy shawls in Vogue Knitting! they are so awesome!
I have found a few cool patterns, like one for holding cellphones that I adapted to hold my mp3 player. I haven't been knitting very long, though, so I haven't done much.
I have made my fair share of scarves, though.
I positively love knitting. heart

It's just such a satisfying hobby for me.
Zurell
I positively love knitting. heart

It's just such a satisfying hobby for me.

Yes, I agree. I love to create things, which is why I chose to go to art school. Knitting is much more relaxing than my school work, I can incorperate it into my homework (much to my teacher's amusement sweatdrop ), and I just love the feel of a new, fluffy yarn weaving through my fingers.
Well, on my blog (http://pandabonzai.blogspot.com) there are links on the sidebar to a whole slew of cool patterns I've found - ignore the posts, as it's just me talking about my daily life. As far as stitch patterns go, my money goes to the Barbara Walker Treasuries - it's about $30 a book, which is pricey, I know, but each book has at least 500 different stitch patterns (the second one has 700, so with the $60 I just spent on them I got 1200 stitch patterns, how awesome is that?), divided into color patterns, knit/purl combinations, lace, cables, all sorts of crazy stuff.
WOW I didnt know there was a book that had THAT many stitch patterns in it. Where could I find these books???
Most any yarn shop or large bookstore should be able to order them smile And if not, there's always Amazon.

Cold Snowflake

i made a pouch for my mum and added a ribbon on the pouch then i placed in a nailpolish and tied it up it was soo cute! =D she loved it!
i did it for her birthday 3nodding
kimbaby
i made a pouch for my mum and added a ribbon on the pouch then i placed in a nailpolish and tied it up it was soo cute! =D she loved it!
i did it for her birthday 3nodding

that sounds awesome I think I may have to make one of thoes.
I've made scarfs for myself and two friends, working on a hat now. It's one of those patterns that the pic isn't the pattern. So had to modify it. After a bit of expierence (don't think i spelled that right) you'll be able to tell by just looking at the pic and reading the pattern if it fits together. I've noticed that all patterns in print usually have some flaw to the pic. But that's okay! xd It makes it all the more fun! whee
I love to knit. I have two books full of teddy bears and I have made a few for my family. I also made a 8-10 foot long Harry Potter scarf. It took me a long time, but it looks awsome. I love finding new patterns and creating something new. Knitting is so much fun biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff