Welcome to Gaia! ::

9,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
for my little clay things, so far ive been using really cheap acrylic paint and after 2 coats it starts feeling rubbery like it never dries, even after a week. i would like to use a better paint but have no idea what brand i shoul use. i would prefer something that comes in small containers since i wont be using much at all

Original Lunatic

For tiny clay things I use the little craft acrylic bottles like Folk Art and AppleBarrel. They almost always have a matte finish, dry fast, and have pretty good coverage for such a low viscosity.

I would stay away from the cheap acrylic tubes in the fine arts section of craft stores. Student grade acrylics like that are always crap. These ones get rubbery and weird.

9,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Albino Sea Monkey

For tiny clay things I use the little craft acrylic bottles like Folk Art and AppleBarrel. They almost always have a matte finish, dry fast, and have pretty good coverage for such a low viscosity.

I would stay away from the cheap acrylic tubes in the fine arts section of craft stores. Student grade acrylics like that are always crap. These ones get rubbery and weird.

so i noticed lol. i think the brand i have is called basic or something, i found really tiny containers of a few different colors and i have to layer it on thick just for a good solid color. i think i only paid $5 or so for them since i was just starting out and didnt know how much i would enjoy the painting part

i get student grade oils for canvas and they always work out great, i have no complaints, so i assumed the cheap acrylics would be ok too xp

Original Lunatic

Shanna66
Albino Sea Monkey

so i noticed lol. i think the brand i have is called basic or something, i found really tiny containers of a few different colors and i have to layer it on thick just for a good solid color. i think i only paid $5 or so for them since i was just starting out and didnt know how much i would enjoy the painting part

i get student grade oils for canvas and they always work out great, i have no complaints, so i assumed the cheap acrylics would be ok too xp

These ones? Heh, someone gave me a set of them for Christmas a couple years ago and they almost never get used because they suck so bad.

The only student-grade acrylics I've bought that were quality were Utrecht tubes. They've got great body and good pigment, they're definitely good if you plan on doing more than just clay stuff, too.

Otherwise, like I said... Folk Art and AppleBarrel. Michael's even has their own craft acrylic line that's cheaper and still good.

9,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Albino Sea Monkey
Shanna66
Albino Sea Monkey

These ones? Heh, someone gave me a set of them for Christmas a couple years ago and they almost never get used because they suck so bad.

The only student-grade acrylics I've bought that were quality were Utrecht tubes. They've got great body and good pigment, they're definitely good if you plan on doing more than just clay stuff, too.

Otherwise, like I said... Folk Art and AppleBarrel. Michael's even has their own craft acrylic line that's cheaper and still good.

lol yup, thats the crap i got

thanks for the brand suggestions, ill keep an eye out for them

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas