Welcome to Gaia! ::

How many of you know how to knit and/or crochet???

Knit 0.24418604651163 24.4% [ 21 ]
Crochet 0.38372093023256 38.4% [ 33 ]
Both 0.37209302325581 37.2% [ 32 ]
Total Votes:[ 86 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

Aged Gaian

4,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
I learned to crochet about two years ago but my skills are still very basic. For the life of me I can't get knitting down!! Why! gonk
I love to knit. I rediscovered my love for it after I took a class at Jo-Anns this past summer. (Our education coordinator is amazing *_*) And ever since then, I have taken off with it. I promote classes, and help a lot of guest with questions! It's such a wonderful feeling! <3

7,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Citizen 200
I can do both!
And I find myself always spending money on more and more yarn that I use up in a week or so.
My Tia Roni taught me the basics of crochet and then I taught myself to knit. I prefer crocheting.

I love making little amigurumis. <3
I'm still a beginner.
I know how to knit only. My grandma taught me when I was 5. After reading some of the comments in here, perhaps I should try to crochet although I have no idea what to do!

Blessed Hunter

5,900 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Befriended 100
Perhaps it's the fact that I'm left-handed, but I can't get knitting down. I'm basic crochet, and wish I could afford more yarn so I could have more variety and crochet frequently. whee
I can do both. I'm not so good at knitting but I'm trying. I just finished my first knit hat the other day. biggrin I learned to crochet from my grandma when I was...10. I think. But I only learned to chain... I got bored and quit. But a few years ago I got back into it. No one in my family does these sorts of things so they think it's cool that I can make stuff.

I'm a little more...at ease when I crochet and I don't have to worry about messing up or frogging anything as much. Plus things work up faster. I love both knitting and crocheting. It's such a fun thing to do! But with knitting and crocheting come's a heavy price...Yarn Addiction...at least in my case... heart ...Sigh ...

User Image

Here is a really crappy photo of my current yarn stash. I have even more than that… I have a walmart bag full of yarn I’ve gotten from thrift stores and another bag full of scraps that I’m making star blanket out of. I also have a bunch of yarn in another bag…it’s still not enough. I NEED MORE YARN!!! *_* (that purple skein is hiding 4 more skeins of yarn...)

O.G. Gaian

Crimson KyoKyo
I can do both. I'm not so good at knitting but I'm trying.

Y'know, not that long ago I finally figured out that knitting is just another -- and more irritating, IMHO -- method of slip-stitching. I have one pair of knitting needles, and I figure the chances of me using them again are pretty slim. I dunno, I might invest in circular needles at some point, but I doubt I'll ever have the patience for it. xd

Crimson KyoKyo
I just finished my first knit hat the other day. biggrin I learned to crochet from my grandma when I was...10. I think. But I only learned to chain... I got bored and quit. But a few years ago I got back into it. No one in my family does these sorts of things so they think it's cool that I can make stuff.

Heh. I can only assume my family thinks it's cool -- they keep asking me to make them things (and my mom in particular likes to "claim" pieces that I've made to sell), so it's probably a good guess. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Crimson KyoKyo
I'm a little more...at ease when I crochet.... Plus things work up faster.

Just wanted to say "damn straight" to both points!

Crimson KyoKyo
I love both knitting and crocheting. It's such a fun thing to do! But with knitting and crocheting come's a heavy price...Yarn Addiction...at least in my case... heart ...Sigh ...

Apparently, hooking is a way of life.

... No, really, a bunch of crochet-oriented groups I've found around the internet call themselves "hookers". User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Crimson KyoKyo
]Here is a really crappy photo of my current yarn stash. I have even more than that… I have a walmart bag full of yarn I’ve gotten from thrift stores and another bag full of scraps that I’m making star blanket out of. I also have a bunch of yarn in another bag…it’s still not enough. I NEED MORE YARN!!! *_* (that purple skein is hiding 4 more skeins of yarn...)

rofl I know the feeling... I sell my wares every month at the local arts walk, and I usually make at least two or three trips to Wal-Mart each month to stock up, at least on Red Heart for amigurumi, sometimes on some Simply Soft or various Lion Brands for other things (for some reason, some RH colors are just too rough or stiff to use for things to wear, even though other colors are fine). That said... *squints* looks like you have mostly Red Heart, but do I see some Bernat and Caron mixed in among the rest? xp Thanks for reminding me of thrift stores, though -- it's been a few years since I took a look into the one around here, might be worth checking there for yarn. wink

Aged Gaian

4,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Last year, I made clover pins and hairclips for St. Patrick's Day for a bunch of pen pals I have. That was the one project that came out GREAT just like I imagined it should. Then again it was very simple but it made me happy lol. This year I wanted to make heart pins and hairclips but I'm out of money and the hairclips are quite expensive for a pack of 15 when the pins were so cheap....
faolan

rofl I know the feeling... I sell my wares every month at the local arts walk, and I usually make at least two or three trips to Wal-Mart each month to stock up, at least on Red Heart for amigurumi, sometimes on some Simply Soft or various Lion Brands for other things (for some reason, some RH colors are just too rough or stiff to use for things to wear, even though other colors are fine). That said... *squints* looks like you have mostly Red Heart, but do I see some Bernat and Caron mixed in among the rest? xp Thanks for reminding me of thrift stores, though -- it's been a few years since I took a look into the one around here, might be worth checking there for yarn. wink

Good Eye, Most of it is Red Heart. and I do have a few skeins of Caron simply soft. I've noticed that too, the Purple is rather thick... I also have some cotton yarn in there somewhere...also after I made that post I found 3 more skeins of yarn hiding under my bed. lol.

I like thrift stores. When I find yarn it's really cheap there. I got a bag of 4 full skeins and about 3 half skeins of yarn for $1 the last time I went. I have a thing about thrift store yarn though...I never know where it comes from or where it's been so I always put it in a bag away from my other yarn just in case there's a bee's nest or something in there redface It's kinda silly but still...

O.G. Gaian

Crimson KyoKyo
Good Eye, Most of it is Red Heart. and I do have a few skeins of Caron simply soft. I've noticed that too, the Purple is rather thick... I also have some cotton yarn in there somewhere...also after I made that post I found 3 more skeins of yarn hiding under my bed. lol.

Yes, that damn purple! Hunter green, too, and the dark brown -- coffee, I think it's called. It's not just that they're dark colors, either -- I've had a dark blue, sage green, and this wonderful deep red that were all soo soft. I can't really complain about the quality of a yarn that I get because it's cheap, but it does make it harder to plan some projects! xp

Crimson KyoKyo
I like thrift stores. When I find yarn it's really cheap there. I got a bag of 4 full skeins and about 3 half skeins of yarn for $1 the last time I went. I have a thing about thrift store yarn though...I never know where it comes from or where it's been so I always put it in a bag away from my other yarn just in case there's a bee's nest or something in there redface It's kinda silly but still...

No, not that silly -- I was over at my friend's apartment awhile back (said apartment being in a building that's old, poorly maintained, and in a questionable neighborhood, but spacious and cheap), and she brought out her box of yarn so I could show her a couple stitches. She hadn't opened it in at least a couple years, but it's one of those big Rubbermaid storage bins. So we weren't really prepared for the exodus of insects as soon as the lid was off. sad So as far as thrift store yarn goes, it's probably a good idea to keep it separate, at least. I'd go so far as to say that if you get any secondhand yarn that's wool, or something natural, it might be best to boil it, if you can. Yeah, not silly at all. Promise. gonk

Blessed Hunter

5,900 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Befriended 100
Ah, a little curious fact about my crocheting: I count rows by marking lines on my wrist with a pen. Since the times I've done this the nearest pen was red ink, some people thought I had scratched myself badly (which DOES happen quite often with my sharp nails) sweatdrop

9,200 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Signature Look 250
Crimson KyoKyo
faolan

I read that you should put it in a zip-lock freezer bag and put it in your freezer overnight.

I actually do both and I LOVE IT! biggrin 4laugh

Anyone of you know ravelry? n__n

Crimson KyoKyo
I can do both. I'm not so good at knitting but I'm trying. I just finished my first knit hat the other day. biggrin I learned to crochet from my grandma when I was...10. I think. But I only learned to chain... I got bored and quit. But a few years ago I got back into it. No one in my family does these sorts of things so they think it's cool that I can make stuff.

I'm a little more...at ease when I crochet and I don't have to worry about messing up or frogging anything as much. Plus things work up faster. I love both knitting and crocheting. It's such a fun thing to do! But with knitting and crocheting come's a heavy price...Yarn Addiction...at least in my case... heart ...Sigh ...

User Image

Here is a really crappy photo of my current yarn stash. I have even more than that… I have a walmart bag full of yarn I’ve gotten from thrift stores and another bag full of scraps that I’m making star blanket out of. I also have a bunch of yarn in another bag…it’s still not enough. I NEED MORE YARN!!! *_* (that purple skein is hiding 4 more skeins of yarn...)

Really nice biggrin I should make a photo of my yarn this afternoon *giggles*

Romantic Lunatic

I am just getting back into crocheting. It's like riding a bike... Once you learn you know it, but the muscle memory just need to come back. As with anything that requires skill... practice makes perfect.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff