Welcome to Gaia! ::

How many of you know how to knit and/or crochet???

Knit 0.24418604651163 24.4% [ 21 ]
Crochet 0.38372093023256 38.4% [ 33 ]
Both 0.37209302325581 37.2% [ 32 ]
Total Votes:[ 86 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >
I have only crocheted, but I'm pretty interested in knitting! Have yet to buy knitting needles, though...
These past few days I've had a nearly overwhelming urge to learn how to knit. I don't know how to do either right now, though.

4,850 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Member 100
Technically I can do both, but I can't crochet very well since I have a hard time seeing the stitches

Sparkly Shapeshifter

I knit, never had the knack for crochet. Just finished a potholder and a pair of Yoga socks. whee
I can do both, but I tend to enjoy crochet over knitting.
I'm a knitter, got needles in my hands as I speak! (Doing some striped fingerless gloves).
I can crochet, but only the very basic stuff, I don't know enough to actually make anything.

9,200 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Signature Look 250
I -just- started teaching myself to crochet this week, it's fun~ I'm going to be finishing my first project soon an amigurumi squid! >w<

Hot Genius

Learning to crochet and got my hook and project in hand, after I finish making this bag I'm going to practice on the hairpin lace and then look where I can find a cro-hook and the materials I need to make a broomstick lace...Michael's didn't have them.

Feral Elder

Spacebabie76
Learning to crochet and got my hook and project in hand, after I finish making this bag I'm going to practice on the hairpin lace and then look where I can find a cro-hook and the materials I need to make a broomstick lace...Michael's didn't have them.

At least from what I've seen, Joann's has a much better selection for knit and crochet -- though I imagine it'd most likely be a local-type yarn store that would have the more "specialty" kinds of supplies like that. 3nodding

Timid Sex Symbol

9,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
i do both.

i use knit to make clothing, hats and such

i use crochet for plushies, as it's so freeform
User Image
I can crochet. I'm making a teddy bear right now biggrin

Aged Gawker

7,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Spacebabie76

If you have one in your area, you can try AC Moore for the cro-hook. If not, I know the website sells them. xd

I just started learning to knit. Took a class at AC Moore last night, actually. 5.5 years of working there and I'm finally learning. blaugh
I used to knit but then switched to crochet. I have, however, been working more on Tunisian knitting which is basically knitting on the crochet hook; thus making the work feel like crochet but look like knit. biggrin
jasmine mule
These past few days I've had a nearly overwhelming urge to learn how to knit. I don't know how to do either right now, though.

Same here.This past week I bought my first set of needles and a some yarn Youtube acouple videos, then got frustrated because things werent comming out right and just yesturday I finished my first scarf xd Woohoo!!!
This week I'm going to try to make a Beanie

I dont really know about prices on things much but Michaels Arts and Crafts puts out a weekly Ad with a 40% off of 1 item coupon; which helps biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games