Welcome to Gaia! ::

Well here's my problem.. I apparently cant sell on Etsy.. or my things just don't sell.

SOOO I need a little guidance, on stuff like my descriptions, items titles, tags, and just my over all shop look.

I'm well aware of how horrible my current item's pictures are.. They aren't good at all.. That's another thing, HOW should the pictures be set up.. etc.

Here's the link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/179266019/uv-reactive-octopus-pendant

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I see two areas that could use a little improvement.

1. Your photos are sterile and lifeless. If your object is neon pink, put it on a black or purple background. A dark background will make the color of the item pop, while a white background will only sap color away. Instead of taking your photos inside, take the photos outside on a bright afternoon. Fluorescent lighting also saps color away from photos. The final photo might show the size of the item, but the lighting is dull and the tape measure looks dirty. You should definitely retake that shot.

2. Your item description lacks warmth and confidence. Describe the octopus, not the clay. Don't explain the final photo (but do replace it). People will see the measuring unit beside the item and they'll be able to understand what's going on.

Good photos and descriptions can make or break a sale online. Advertising, networking, and maintaining an online presence are all important, too. (Just remember it's not okay to advertise offsite stores in Gaia.)
Lychee Fruit
I see two areas that could use a little improvement.

1. Your photos are sterile and lifeless. If your object is neon pink, put it on a black or purple background. A dark background will make the color of the item pop, while a white background will only sap color away. Instead of taking your photos inside, take the photos outside on a bright afternoon. Fluorescent lighting also saps color away from photos. The final photo might show the size of the item, but the lighting is dull and the tape measure looks dirty. You should definitely retake that shot.

2. Your item description lacks warmth and confidence. Describe the octopus, not the clay. Don't explain the final photo (but do replace it). People will see the measuring unit beside the item and they'll be able to understand what's going on.

Good photos and descriptions can make or break a sale online. Advertising, networking, and maintaining an online presence are all important, too. (Just remember it's not okay to advertise offsite stores in Gaia.)
Alright, thanks for the advice!

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
The Happy Noodle Girl
Alright, thanks for the advice!

No problem. Best of luck!

Dapper Darling

18,625 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cat Fancier 100
Cute pendant, but your tags need work.
If I searched the word neon, I probably wouldn't expect to see an octopus pendant. Try adding neon octopus, or neon octopi or squid.
Also, it couldn't hurt to try using the tag 'octopus charm' or 'octopus pendant'. When you're setting up your tags, think of what you would type if you were a shopper looking for this item. It sucks that Etsy only allows 20 characters for a tag, but the more descriptive your tags are, the easier it will be to locate your item.

I have spent the last 2 days working on my titles and tags. I have had more views today than I have in the last month, and when I check my shop stats, I can see that my new tags are working.
If I were selling this item, I'd title it 'Octopus Pendant, UV Reactive Glowing Octopi Squid Charm'. Always have pendant or charm within the first 3 words of your listing title.
I'd tag it with 'octopus charm', 'octopus pendant', 'kraken pendant', 'octopus jewelry', 'Glowing Jewelry', 'UV jewelry', 'pink charm, 'squid charm'.

Also, when laying it next to a ruler, always have the item start at the top of the ruler or at an exact number so the buyer doesn't have to do math to figure out what the size is. I had to work a little bit to see that the size is 1 3/8 Inches. It also helps to put the size in your listing description.

Hope this helps!

x_TheKillerAnna
Cute pendant, but your tags need work.
If I searched the word neon, I probably wouldn't expect to see an octopus pendant. Try adding neon octopus, or neon octopi or squid.
Also, it couldn't hurt to try using the tag 'octopus charm' or 'octopus pendant'. When you're setting up your tags, think of what you would type if you were a shopper looking for this item. It sucks that Etsy only allows 20 characters for a tag, but the more descriptive your tags are, the easier it will be to locate your item.

I have spent the last 2 days working on my titles and tags. I have had more views today than I have in the last month, and when I check my shop stats, I can see that my new tags are working.
If I were selling this item, I'd title it 'Octopus Pendant, UV Reactive Glowing Octopi Squid Charm'. Always have pendant or charm within the first 3 words of your listing title.
I'd tag it with 'octopus charm', 'octopus pendant', 'kraken pendant', 'octopus jewelry', 'Glowing Jewelry', 'UV jewelry', 'pink charm, 'squid charm'.

Also, when laying it next to a ruler, always have the item start at the top of the ruler or at an exact number so the buyer doesn't have to do math to figure out what the size is. I had to work a little bit to see that the size is 1 3/8 Inches. It also helps to put the size in your listing description.

Hope this helps!

It did help, thanks.

11,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Ideally your pictures should be taken in natural lighting and @ 10 a.m.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff