Welcome to Gaia! ::

Generous Noob

10,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
I just need help on how to exactly make one and the materials required. Any help is appreciated.

OrgnaeJiuce's Waifu

Anxious Sex Symbol

8,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Rally Tyro 100
I would probably go with a hard fabric so then it stands up like a OMG hat.
~~Friends >:{O

O.G. Gaian

*shrug* Whereas I'd crochet it.

The materials you'd use would be your choice, whatever you're most comfortable working with, basically.

As for "exactly how to make one," Gaia didn't release it as a pattern, so any instructions would be guesses.

Original Lunatic

I used black fleece to make an OMFG hat a few years ago. It's nice and warm and soft, but still juuuust stiff enough to hold up the accents. It should work just as well for a OMG hat.

You'll need to find a basic pattern for an aviator hat like this one and then alter it to make the zig zag tail-y part of the hat.
I never tried making the hat but it looks like you would need wire to keep the zig zag shape.
The material and pattern is all preference.

Frozen Waffles

31,675 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Albino Sea Monkey

I used black fleece to make an OMFG hat a few years ago. It's nice and warm and soft, but still juuuust stiff enough to hold up the accents. It should work just as well for a OMG hat.

You'll need to find a basic pattern for an aviator hat like this one and then alter it to make the zig zag tail-y part of the hat.

exactly what I was going to say. It might help the tail shape if you use some interfacing. I usually do in my hat ears and whatnot to give them more shape and stability.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff