Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Humorist

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Hi,

so recently I've been getting interested in hand lettering.
"Hand lettering is the art of drawing letters to create an aesthetically interesting design. It's a relatively inexpensive hobby and a beautiful way to express yourself." - (www.sakuraofamerica.com)
I've seen some really cool designs, and I've tried my hand at some of it. I have half a plan of making a scrapbook/handlettering thing, but I really don't know anything about scrapbooking and I certainly aren't a professional and handlettering either. Maybe that will have to wait. smile

Anyway, is anybody else interested in hand lettering?
Where and how did you learn, and can I see some of yours?
And what kind of materials would you recommend?

My first three tries, freehand.
Lots of ink-bleeding and lined paper because I was basically too lazy to get up and get my sketching paper and dip pens, and instead substituted my grocery notepad and a cheap fineliner. xp

User Image
User Image
User Image
I think my fav is the first one, I'm interested in it, but I still suck right now XD

Timid Humorist

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
photoqueen550D
I think my fav is the first one, I'm interested in it, but I still suck right now XD
I'm thinking that if I get my supplies together and spend a good hour I might be able to pump out something nice! But it's the case of practice makes perfect with this, I think. When did you get interested in hand lettering? smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff