Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Halloween Carfts Ideas

So Im doing a Halloween Event for the childern at the libraby I work at.
Im going to create a cave using two shelves together and putting a black plastic sheet over the top of it.
I just wondering what would be scary and cool to be in a cave for kids?

High-scoring Werewolf

11,650 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
skeletons and snakes coming out of a skull's eyesocket. Maybe a toad with blood red hypno eyes?

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
AKO_Slash
skeletons and snakes coming out of a skull's eyesocket. Maybe a toad with blood red hypno eyes?

Yes snakes! Thank you 4laugh

High-scoring Werewolf

11,650 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
BATCATGIRL
AKO_Slash

Yes snakes! Thank you 4laugh

Good luck! And I'd keep things real generic and classic and/or cartoonish in the case of monsters. You don't want to scare the kids too much and have the parents complain. So load up on creepy crawlies like spiders, snakes, worms. Pictures of the classic black and white horror monsters like Frankenstein & dracula or bright colored illustrations of such. Scarecrows and bedsheet ghosts.

Team Lionheart

19,275 Points
  • Sugar Plum Protector 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
traumatize them with zombie clowns? By the way the library is letting you do this ? I live in small Mormon town so we cant do anything fun. sweatdrop

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
LEONES HARTS
traumatize them with zombie clowns? By the way the library is letting you do this ? I live in small Mormon town so we cant do anything fun. sweatdrop

Yeah we did this last year too

Team Lionheart

19,275 Points
  • Sugar Plum Protector 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
BATCATGIRL
LEONES HARTS

A society that does not see Halloween as the Devil's night or fun scares as child abuse! Where is this place Canada? Germany?

Linkzo's Husband

Mewling Kitten

BATCATGIRL
Halloween Carfts Ideas

So Im doing a Halloween Event for the childern at the libraby I work at.
Im going to create a cave using two shelves together and putting a black plastic sheet over the top of it.
I just wondering what would be scary and cool to be in a cave for kids?

Get some googly eyes, black and brown puff balls in varying sizes, cardboard, a glue gun, felt sheets in brown and white, kid craft pipe cleaner(fuzzy or regular) in brown black and white, and some tape (preferably packaging tape nice and clear)

Take 4 whit pipe cleaner and make a base as if to make a snow flake, then going in a circle use some more pipe cleaners to create a spiderweb gluing them together with the glue gun. Use a small and a medium black puff ball and glue together, then glue small googly eyes on to the smaller puff ball(4-6 eyes) then take 4 black pipe cleaners and bend them then glue the the middle to the large puff ball to make spider legs. use this to make adult spiders and cute the pipe cleaners in half and use it to make two baby spiders with only one black puff ball

glue some spiders to the different webs you made. and place some around the cave. Use a white pipe cleaner and glue it to the butt of a spider to make it look like it is hanging and use the tape to tape it to the sheet.

Using the same method to make the large spider body glue together brown puff balls. cut off a cm of brown pipe cleaner and glue it onto the smaller puff ball as ears. cut out two tiny triangles from the white felt or use white paint to make fangs and glue on some googly eyes. then use the brown pipe clean to make feet and the wing frame and cut our the wing base from the brown felt and glue together to make some bats. you could make them hanging upside down or a little black string to suspend them in the air.

use the card board to make stalagmites to put on the ground

it would make a lovely cave. and if the library lets you, you can even put bats and spiders around the entire children's section. if you use regular elmers glue it can even be a fun craft for the kids. Just make sure you buy some wipes and hand sanitizer to keep them from dirtying up everything

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
LEONES HARTS
BATCATGIRL
LEONES HARTS

A society that does not see Halloween as the Devil's night or fun scares as child abuse! Where is this place Canada? Germany?

Those are extreme Christians thinking it is Devil's night. Fun scares as child abuse what the? New Zealand

Destitute Bookworm

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
I don'd know whether this is at all useful or relevant, but a craft idea for that sort of theme could be a DIY chandeliers from wire, fairy lights and other spooky elements of your choosing.

O.G. Gaian

Ooh! I saw a pic... yes, found it again!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Chicken wire. Shape the pieces into more-or-less human-y shapes, apply white (or glow-in-the-dark) spraypaint, set them in the yard. VoilĂ , you've got perfectly eerie ghosts.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff