Welcome to Gaia! ::

Well my fashion/knitwear/drawing projects all got done and dusted yesterday (I get the results on tuesday, argh!) and I'm looking for something over the holiday...

So maybe I'll enter after all - I would like to, it sounds great. Not sure what themes to pick...

Hmmm.

Also: how do you want things to be submitted?
eiry
Well my fashion/knitwear/drawing projects all got done and dusted yesterday (I get the results on tuesday, argh!) and I'm looking for something over the holiday...

So maybe I'll enter after all - I would like to, it sounds great. Not sure what themes to pick...

Hmmm.

Also: how do you want things to be submitted?

Yup, okies, you're in.

The things should be subbmitted to me at bubblesdomain@hotmail.com via attached documents. It doesn't matter how big they are. Then I'll transphere them to your reserved spot on the showcase internet site, our judges will judge, write scores and comments, and I'll inform everyone of the site's address when it's completed!
Elipsis

Yup, okies, you're in.

The things should be subbmitted to me at bubblesdomain@hotmail.com via attached documents. It doesn't matter how big they are. Then I'll transphere them to your reserved spot on the showcase internet site, our judges will judge, write scores and comments, and I'll inform everyone of the site's address when it's completed!

Okay, thanks very much smile

I'll get thinking!
You an me both! I've just been put against three of my coworkers for a task. Basically it's the same as what you guys are doing, except we're to provide 3 examples rather than just one, and the theme is female wedding/marraige swimwear. What the? And my due date is 31st of Jan, and winner takes all, $200.
Wedding swimwear?? Or wedding OR swimwear?

Pretty cool either way, you could do dodgy swimming costumes with trains (is that how you spell that kind of train??) in the back.

That sounds pretty lame but I've still got my couture head on from college.

Edit: Oh okay I checked the link in your sig (nice stuff by the way) so I take it, that you did mean bridal swimwear. Spiffy project razz
eiry
Wedding swimwear?? Or wedding OR swimwear?

Pretty cool either way, you could do dodgy swimming costumes with trains (is that how you spell that kind of train??) in the back.

That sounds pretty lame but I've still got my couture head on from college.

Edit: Oh okay I checked the link in your sig (nice stuff by the way) so I take it, that you did mean bridal swimwear. Spiffy project razz

Hee, yeah, bridal swimwear. I haven't had much time to think about it, cos I only found out today and I'm currently in the process of making and finalising the patterns for 3 of my designs, but so far I was thinking... you know those cans that drag along the boot of the car that they drive off in with the sign "just married" sprayed in shaving cream across the hood? Well perhaps if I dangled some pretty metal things (probably silver) over the bikini bottom. Putting "just married" across her butt maight look a bit tacky though. Hahaha, well I'll need to take a day to brain storm.

If any of you guys got anything, I'm all grateful ears.
Elipsis

Hee, yeah, bridal swimwear. I haven't had much time to think about it, cos I only found out today and I'm currently in the process of making and finalising the patterns for 3 of my designs, but so far I was thinking... you know those cans that drag along the boot of the car that they drive off in with the sign "just married" sprayed in shaving cream across the hood? Well perhaps if I dangled some pretty metal things (probably silver) over the bikini bottom. Putting "just married" across her butt maight look a bit tacky though. Hahaha, well I'll need to take a day to brain storm.

If any of you guys got anything, I'm all grateful ears.

Ah yes, but it'd be tacky in an ironic way. Lol.

The theme kind of makes me want to think of bridal lingerie, gathering and pretty ribbons and lace and garters. Though that's not at all like the things that you do. Again, I've still got my couture head on from college - I just finished my knitwear project and did a bunch of sketches of knitted underwear.

Thinking about the cans idea - you could think about stuff like that, it sounds good so far. I was thinking taking it a bit further and adding more delicate elements, sort of like confetti?

Just what it makes me think of anyway smile
OOOOo, ribbons and such. You're right, swimwear and lingerie have huge simularities, and Jamu (yeah the dudes I work for) are going to sub branch into it since it'd be easy to re-use some of our current patterns!

Hmm, ribbons and garters sound like a lot of fun, I'll see what I can come up with.

Thanks, I'm a guy, so I don't usually think about adding detail (confetti) like that. KOOLIES!
Tin-can charms! And then if you can add stuff, a terry bathrobe with "Just Married" on the back for when one gets out of the hot tub/pool/honeymoon water.

Or ruffly things. Those are fun too.

And it is getting popular at least in America to have words across the butt on pants, so you could do it with a swimsuit, I think. Especially if it was boy-shorts.
Elipsis
Thanks, I'm a guy, so I don't usually think about adding detail (confetti) like that. KOOLIES!

Wow, who knew? Lol.
hmm... I think I mentioned it before... gender doesn't really matter these days anyways. Just the odd differences like chicks are more akin to detail, whilst guys will focus more on 3dimentional thinking (in fashion sence).

Oh, and I'm straight (which is another rare thing in this industry). hee. Anyways:

Miss M, If by ruffles you mean gather, I think it's a good idea, esspecially cos gather usually reps elegence, purity, etc.

But if you meant frills (whilst I love frills cos it makes the chick look really cute) with lycra it's very difficult to make it frill properly because it streaches and doesn't sit well, So I may need to find some stable fabric for that.

I was initally thinking of a veil, but then I though "swimming with a veil may have the same effect as putting a plasic bag over your head, and that may put a slight damper on the honey moon."
Yeah, I meant cute gathering.

Gathering is nice because it hides many, many things.

And also, I still like my idea of tin can charms on the butt
Elipsis
Zahra Ovaci
So, this thing is due in... february?
so does this mean you are in?

I'm going to try, certainly. I've been working on knitting some things for my sweetie anyway, so sketches currently abound.
Hmmm, I'm not sure if abound is the right word, but yeah, it's be kool if you were in.

And miss M, I'll definantly try to do something with the butt. (that's the other thing with guy designers, we like to make our chicks clothing suggestive and revealing)
Elipsis
Hmmm, I'm not sure if abound is the right word, but yeah, it's be kool if you were in.

And miss M, I'll definantly try to do something with the butt. (that's the other thing with guy designers, we like to make our chicks clothing suggestive and revealing)

Wait... I'm a guy?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces